xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

FINALCALL SAID

I was born into the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1959. I was baptized in 1975 and began partaking of the emblems in 1989. After disagreeing with a few things in the watchtower that the bible did not support I was disfellowhipped in 1998 for not adhering to the baptismal questions that I had answered yes to. Word spread incorrectly that my wife and I were disfellowshipped for apostacy. I have learned since then that there is no "class" after the words "Faithful and Dicreet Slave". And, that it is a "whom" that we are to be led by and not a group of men.

I am very happy to be here. Tank you Tec and Aguest for your work in building this forum.

Your brother in Christ
finalcall

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:54 pm 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:48 am Post subject:
I am so happy that you are here as well.

You all have such profound and similar experiences in leaving the WT and turning to Christ (the 'whom' and not the 'where'). I love hearing how you gained your freedom in Him.

Peace and love to you,

tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:55 pm 
Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

Hi Final,
Sometimes it doesn't take years to see the falsehood in the WT teachings.
However, when you have grown up in it it sometimes takes a while. We were JWs for over 45 years and finally found the truth.

We were disfellowshipped as "apostates" and were disfellowshipped even though when we were baptized it was in the "name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit" and not the spirit-filled organization.

I guess that wording makes it easier to disfellowship as apostates. Making it a religious shunning instead of what the word really means. In our JC one of the elders make a point to say that we were "apostates to the organization", just as he was an apostate to the Baptists when he became a JW. Growing up we were taught that we were definitely NOT a religion because as Judge Rutherford said: "Religion is a snare and a racket". A lot of things have changed. It is hard for me to recognize this as the same organization that we first because part of in 1938.

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Hello, my dear, dear brother... and the greatest of love and peace to you! I cannot express how happy it makes me to see you here. I hope you share some of what our Lord has given YOU over the years, though I know you're a man of few words in a place like this. Please... feel free... LOL!

Your servant (always), sister, and fellow slave of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

FINALCALL SAID

Wow, you go way back. Glad to see you have survived their putting you to death spiritually as best they can. the rumors they allow can be vicious.

A few years after they announced we were disfelowshipped, on two different occasions by what we would call weak witnesses asked my wife and I (in a whisper) if it were true that we were disfellowshipped for child molestation. And on a third occasion one of my very own flesh and blood sisters. So, according to the rumors we were disfellowshipped for two reasons. Neither of them the truth. We would not trade any of it for the Truth, whom we have come to know. It is encouraging to hear of others who also have come to the REAL TRUTH.
May you be blessed with continued spiritual growth.

A fellow servant of Christ

Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

Hi Finalcall,

Yes, they think the worst. When we were disfellowshipped my mother-in-law was still a witness and lived with us. When they asked her what we had done, she told them, "nothing". They said: "well they must have done something bad". One person, who had been disfellowshipped said they had heard that we had committed the "unforgivable sin" and asked us what it was. LOL

Yes, freedom outside the organization is wonderful. It is so good to have a relationship with the true God and His son, Yeshua. This is something we were never permitted as JWs.

Love and hugs,
Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

OUTLAW SAID

Quote:
Quote:
they had heard that we had committed the "unforgivable sin" and asked us what it was.

The unforgivable sin is taking the Last Cold Beer and..
Not putting More in the Fridge!..

............................. ...OUTLAW

Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

Outlaw!

I am so glad you cleared that up for us! So many people have wondered over the years what it is and now it has been clarified. hee hee

Love and hugs,
Gramma Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Site Admin

OUTLAW SAID

Hey GrammaVelta!!

Homicides would drop Dramatically..
If people would just put more Beer in the Fridge..

............................. ...OUTLAW

Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Too funny Too funny Outlaw

and as hot as its been up up here in the mountains with no air-conditioning I might have to consider THAT one!!!!!
lol haha

Well the organization thinks we lost our minds but at least we have lost our sense of humor..........

justmom