xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Hello "Happy Throng"

A couple of mid-meeting announcements:

I have a newly weekly travel column that will be debuting on www.vagobond.com on Tuesday the 25th. The column will tell the offbeat story of a recent two week road trip that I took across the United States visiting our national parks.

I'm also days away from making an announcement on the release of my novel "Paradise Earth: Day Zero". I won't be serializing it, but rather it will be available as an eBook and printed book. More details to come.

Like me on Facebook (http://facebook.com/amathenia) or follow me on Twitter (@armathenia) for updates.

And now Happiness --

Rose is excited to go to Wyatt’s apartment to practice on his secret part, only to find the two of them alone. Will Rose take advantage of the opportunity to get to know the striking young brother outside of his meeting clothes? Read Chapter Nine of “Happiness: How to Find It”, a free online serial published by Curiosity Quills Press.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... pter-nine/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:51 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

ose is thrilled with Wyatt True, a new guy in her congregation. The young brother is different than others and he makes even things like the meetings and field service fun. Rose is excited to help him with a special part on the meeting. However, will Rose's fiance, Clinton, share her enthusiasm? Find out in Chapter 10 of 'Happiness: How to Find It', a free online serial novel published by Curiosity Quills Press.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... apter-ten/

Site Admin

VELVET SAID

I read the rest of it and liked your Facebook page. I love the story and for sure Wyatt is like an undercover elder. Gotta HATE the Greens.

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

I love the story, , dear Ant (peace to you!)... although I had mixed (fond/bored) feelings during the trip back down DC Memory Lane. Some parts made me miss FS (although, my message would be totally different now!). And sure do wanna smack the taste out of the mouths of them Green men... or at least call them out and expose their Watchtower-steronely insecure *sses - LOLOL!

Peace and looking forward to Chapter 11!

Su sirviente, compañera de estudios, y un esclava de Cristo,

SA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:52 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Thank you Velvet and thank you Shelby!

I have another book called Paradise Earth coming out in December. It is very, very dark and grim -- follow JW mentality/theology to its dismal conclusion. One of the things I wanted to do with Happiness is to write something ... well ... happy. Mixed is how I would describe my feelings toward it. As bad as the Watchtower as, there were good times to be had to, I wanted to fairly capture that. I want to point to something better as we move forward.

Aguest -- I hope you don't mind that I sort of borrowed the sheep/goats thing from your story.

Oh ... and Chapter 11 is live.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... ter-eleven

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
I hope you don't mind that I sort of borrowed the sheep/goats thing from your story.

To the contrary, dear Ant (peace to you!): "borrow" away. I would like to say that I am honored (flattered, even), but the truth is that it wasn't mine to begin with, so the honor and flattery belongs to my Lord.

But I hear you and thank you for the kindness!

Peace!

Su sirviente, compañera de estudios, y un esclava de Cristo,

SA

Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

A fantastic afternoon with Wyatt True has left Rose determined to defy Clinton. However, before Rose can assist Wyatt with his part, she must face Clinton, and worse, his stern father, Jasper Green. Will Rose be able to stand up to the challenge? Read chapter 12 of 'Happiness: How to Find It'!

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... er-twelve/

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Oh, c'MON, dear Ant (peace to you!)!! That's where you stopped the chapter?? Have MERCY, bruh! What a place to leave us hanging! Do we get to hear the "discussion" that went on in the library, Jasper's idiotic-butt, Clinton's even more-idiotic butt (as if he could be more - I'm tellin' ya - THAT apple didn't fall from THAT tree!)...

and dear Wyatt's calm, mature, "spiritual" response ("Look, you backwoods yahoos... I'm from BETHEL and the BIG CITY! Clinton should be happy ANY sister wants his okie butt, let alone the smart and sweet Rose! Quit "lording it over" your future wife, you dolt! And you, Jasper, you don't run nuthin', really, dude! Matter of fact, s'only a matter of time and the boys back at Bethel are gonna toss your country butt out anyway - maybe even take over this here KH! So BACK OFF, both of you yahoos!"). Huh? Did he perhaps say something like that? Did he?

And grandma - does she put them Greens in their place ("Look, I know you're the PO 'n all... and Clint's yer idiot son... but I will NOT stand still and let you two yokels run roughshod over my dear, sweet Rose, uh-uh, ain't gonna happen! I mean, I respect and so usually kowtow to you men-folk, but even I have a limit and you've reached it. This is where I draw the line... when you neanderthals make my Rose cry and don't give her a chance to tell HER side!"). Does she say that, dear Ant? PLEASE say she says that!!

Oh, hurry, Chapter 13! LOLOLOL!

Peace!

SA, on her own, waiting with bated breath!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:53 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Thanks for your enthusiasm. You'll have to wait and see. I will promise a happy ending -- well as much of one as you can have in a high control religion.

Site Admin

FINALCALL SAID

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:02 am Post subject:
Anthony

Great job with the novel. I enjoyed the insight you gave from a woman's prospective with the"man is the head" mentality. Especially at a time when we used the term "back calls". Chapter 12 ends great. meaning, now, I have to read chapter 13.

It's great to see you have been able to use your experience as a JW to write something wonderful and enjoyable.

finalcall

A fellow servant of Christ

Site Admin

VELVET SAID

Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:03 pm Post subject:
This is torture, having to wait a week for a new chapter LOL.

Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Well maybe we shouldn’t be engaged.” With one slip of the tongue Rose finds herself in hot water with Clinton. She wrestles with a difficult decision. Should she follow through with the marriage or face the inevitable backlash from her congregation? Rose fears for the worst when an unexpected visitor shows up at her house. Read Chapter 13 of ‘Happiness: How to Find It’, a free online serial from Curiosity Quills Press.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... -thirteen/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 am 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

OMG, it's about TIME! LOLOLOL! (peace to you, dear Ant!). On my way to Chap 13, now. Surely, Chap 14 will be up soon, right?

Peace!

SA, on her own...

Wow. That was great. Please, suh, I want some more...

Peace, dear Ant!

SA, on her own...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

hank you very much SA for the kind words. I'm glad you are enjoying the story far.

For those who need to get caught up, below are the links to latest installments.

---

Rose continues to feel the consequences of her break-up with Clinton Green. However there is a glimmer of hope; Wyatt True has offered to accompany the young sister on a bus trip to visit the Jehovah's Witness world headquarters in New York. It would be a dream come true! The only thing standing in the way is her congregation's overseer, harsh Jasper Green. Read Chapter 14 of 'Happiness: How to Find It', a free online serial from Curiosity Quills Press.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... -fourteen/

Excitement is building for a bus trip with Wyatt True. However, before she can go, Rose must first seek the permission of tyrannical Jasper Green. After the harsh way he treated the young lady, does she even stand a chance? Find out in Chapter 15 of 'Happiness: How to Find it', a free online serial novel.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... r-fifteen/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:55 am 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Well, well - Mayhaps Jasper Green is redeemable after all! LOLOLOL! Although... his [motive] seems to infer otherwise... LOLOLOL!

Eating this up, dear Ant! Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next