xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: But Is It POSSIBLE?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:37 pm 

Greetings and peace to you all and to your dear households -

Some time ago, we had a thread going about the Master "coming on the clouds" (viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2407&p=43961&hilit=clouds+of+smoke#p43961) and I shared with you then what he explained to me about the clouds not being the white puffy collections of moisture we usually see in the sky, but clouds of smoke. For instance:

Well, that's a dust cloud, but it's very close to what he showed me, so picture a smoke cloud just as thick.

Preceding that "coming," he told the disciples what would occur immediately after the tribulation, quoting Isaiah 13:10; 34:4:

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’

“Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory."
Matthew 24:29, 30

Luke also recorded Peter quoting Joel:

"The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord."
Acts 2:20; Joel 2:31

Is it possible that the sun could be darkened in broad day? Or the moon turned to "blood"? Well, given the sun around HERE over the past month, and particularly the sky today, due to the CLOUDS OF SMOKE... I can totally see the possibility. For instance, the few weeks ago, I woke up and the sky was the regular blue/gray outside my window. But all of a sudden it flashed (and I mean in a BLINK) to this (no, don't look at my blinds or the bedroom... look OUTSIDE the windown - LOLOL!):

Then, last week, it looked like this for most of the day (no, no, don't look at the "ratty" looking neighborhood - it's actually not that ratty but it is old and the light just made it look very weird. But no crime, very few renters, etc. We've been there 16 years; some have been there 40+ years. Ennywho...):

This morning, however, one of my staff said, "Shel, come here! You HAVE to see this!" He wanted me to go outside with him to see something. Our building is and has been since May boarded up to prevent vandalism during any protests (thus far, no breakage but routine graffiting). The boards, however, are only 12 feet high but the windows are 18 feet high. I immediately looked to the tops of the windows but couldn't see anything. I didn't understand why... until we got outside. I walked out... and into the "night":

Talk about weird! It was as if I had stepped out of the building at 9:20pm. But... it was 9:20 AM!

Until I turned to the right:

and left:

to see the RED sky. I shared with dear Kimmie (peace to you, luvee!) and she sent me pics from where she was (farther north, visiting family):

So, I dunno. I can see how some might be skeptical, but given what wildfire smoke from OUR world does to the sun and sky... if chariots of the gods ARE what's coming, yeah, I can totally believe in the sun going dark and the moon turning to "blood." Apparently, while somewhat rare, it's totally possible.

Peace to you ALL and to your dear, dear households (and sorry for the huge pics - don't know why they're so much bigger than the first one)!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

Post subject: Re: But Is It POSSIBLE?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:23 pm 

Peace to you my sister,

Possible? Absolutely not just possible but very likely! It was so flipping strange this morning. Eerie strange! Hubby and I said “ no moon” and the sun is so obscured by the smoke it barely shined. The master has shared repeatedly about clouds, thick gloom, smoke, fire and how it would precede his return and it makes perfect sense to me knowing the amount of energy he brings with him. It would be a protection not something that we should fear.

I see this as a good example of what we can prepare ourselves for.

Great photos!

Love and peace to you all, you sister and fellow servant of Christ
kim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:25 pm 

Peace to you!

Quote:
So, I dunno. I can see how some might be skeptical, but given what wildfire smoke from OUR world does to the sun and sky... if chariots of the gods ARE what's coming, yeah, I can totally believe in the sun going dark and the moon turning to "blood." Apparently, while somewhat rare, it's totally possible.

Oh yeah, I can totally see that.

I never took any pictures, but your pictures reminded me of Edmonton from some time back, after the wildfires in BC (one province over). I remember it being very eerie. I did a quick google search, and there are a few pictures gathered on a news site from summer, 2018 (as well as similar comments, such as looking like it was nighttime when it was morning):

https://globalnews.ca/news/4388625/edmo ... ire-smoke/

(scroll down to get to the pictures, never mind the headline of the article)

Also, there was an interesting explanation in the article for why smoke changes the colors in the sky:

Quote:
“Smoke in the air acts as a filter, scattering the shorter wavelengths, i.e. blue light [u]and leaving the longer wavelengths behind (red, orange),” said an Instagram post by the TELUS World of Science.

“This process is called Rayleigh scattering and is the same reason why sunsets are often lovely warm colours: with the sun low in the sky, sunlight passes through a thicker layer of the atmosphere which serves as a filter. This process is dramatically enhanced with a thick blanket of smoke such as we had this morning leading to orange skies well after sunrise.”

Oh, and they posted a follow-up article to detail that a bit more, and in that follow-up, there was this comment:

Quote:
“When you take a look at sunsets — even after the sky clears — there’s a lot of particulate matter in the Earth’s atmosphere. Sunsets will still be very, very red in colour. And moon rises, when you look at the full moon rising, it will also take on not that grey appearance — it’ll be reddish in colour as well."

https://globalnews.ca/news/5339291/wild ... explained/

Very very interesting...

Peace again to you, and to you all,
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:09 pm 

It will be a sight to behold witnessing Christ’s return.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:49 am 

Good Morning everyone, I feel for you all out there in California and the West experiencing such destruction to your beautiful state and apocalyptic skies. It is all over the news and the internet it is so scary looking. It does make you think about the bible prophecies and also that there will come the time when Our Lord will have to ruin those ruining the earth. I really think that time is coming.

Someone posted this photo on FB from California this morning.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:26 am 

Good morning dear Zoe, peace to you my sister,

WOW! That picture pretty much says it all.

Thank you for sharing,

Love and peace to you ALL as our Lord gives peace, and not the so-called peace of this world.

Your sister, servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:11 pm 

Thank you, dear sisters (peace to you, all!)

Tams and Zoe, the pics you posted are becoming all to familiar here in Northern California (although, I do remember my family actually throwing things into sheets and preparing to evacuate during the Mt. Laguna fire the summer of 1975 when I was a kid in San Diego - https://wildfiretoday.com/2015/09/26/the-laguna-fire-45-years-ago-today/.

Due to the great heat here, Hubster, the pups, and I drove to the beach (Half Moon Bay) last Sunday (no worries; everyone was social distancing). To get there, we have to drive through forest area. As we drove by all manner of houses, ranches, etc., I told Hubs that while I understand why folks want to live in such pretty terrain, I would be terrified of fires during the fire "season." Not terrified of losing my life but of having to clean up and rebuild after a conflagration (AND for all of the ANIMALS... OMG!).

But that really is the appeal of California - we have EVERYTHING: beach, desert, mountains, meadows, fields, hills, forests, cities, farmland, suburbs... whatever kind of place one might want to live. Warm beach (SoCal), cold beach (NorCal), both mountains and beaches that go right down to the sea... and pretty mild temps year-round (except in the mountainous regions where it snows... or the real desert (i.e., Anza Borego, Death Valley, etc.) where the temps can read up to "to dang hot).

Ennywho, I just thought how hard it might be for some to imagine the sun turning dark, the day turning to night, and the sun/moon turning to "blood." My "christian" employees were almost shaking in their boots. My Muslim employees WAS shaking in her's. I had to calm her down (by explaining it was just the fires, happens from time to time, no, it's not "the Apocalypse", etc. She's the only religious person I know who is even more fearful than JW's - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you all... and to your dear, dear households!