xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 am 

Good Morning everyone, I was so happy to see posts from a lot of you and to know we are all here for each other.

I was thinking about you a lot lately LQ, I felt like you and I are on that same climb to find faith, I don't know of course what is going on right now in your life but I am thinking you have heard something here that is speaking to you like me. Your posts last summer in this thread sounded a lot like my thinking and my heart went out for you because I know what a struggle it is to get over that hump and put all our faith into our Lord Christ. I am still doing that uphill climb and not yet on the "downhill" (as Shelby told us about) where it is easier and natural to show Faith and Love. I have taken to heart the loving advice repeated here by Just Mom, FinalCall, Shelby, Armand, Tec and Loz because it so obvious it is working for them.

One of the main things I keep hearing here is Keep on asking, even begging for help and understanding from our Lord, for him to show me my MOTIVES and what is in my heart. I can see if we let him shine his light on us and reveal what is in our heart, to examine us it is actually something to be joyful about because we then know we are getting closer to Lord Jaheshua. We know then that he is disciplining us and that he really does care and love us. I physically felt my heart cut to the quick, I was sick to my stomach when at one point recently after asking for my heart to be examined I was shown almost immediately what was going on and it was not what I thought at all. I found it amazing but so painful to see how we may think we are doing stuff right or for the right reasons but without guidance we often aren't doing things right or for the right motive at all. Now I know that I have to ask everyday for help and understanding or I get it all messed up as I am still very fragile without his help.

Dear LQ please do not give up, keep asking and it really does work. I thought I had to be doing everything right in my life in order to approach our Lord in prayer and for help so because I was doing some little things I thought were wrong I stopped praying and asking out of guilt. I then found out that is not how it works at all, we all do things everyday all day that are sinful and that is why Christ died for us and suffered so those things would be covered. All he asks is to listen to his voice and follow HIM not our own ideas or others ideas of how to lead our lives. He knows what is best for us, he actually does love us and has so much mercy and understanding as to what our struggles are daily. Anyway I hope I am not preaching here, I just wanted to say it WORKS if we just give our whole self into his hands. It won't happen all at once, patience is needed as we can't absorb it all at once, but one step at a time and suddenly you realize that the Holy Spirit is working for you.

I hope I haven't overstepped here and made it all about Me, I just wanted to share my happiness that I have found no matter how alone I am here that I always have someone to help me that knows what's best for me and that is such a huge comfort. I praise Our Lord Jaheshua because without him we can't do anything properly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:42 am 

FinalCall wrote:
May you all have peace today

Zoe, I am so happy for you and Our Lord Jaheshua that you are coming to know Him and learning true love and how it conquers fear. My heart and the spirit in me rejoice from reading your post that you are understanding and that you have grown and are learning from all the information given instead of being offended and turning away. Thank you for sharing.

Your brother and Servant of Jaheshua, Finalcall

Thank you so much Dear Brother for all the Love and Patience beyond belief you have shown me, words cannot express how thankful I am that you shared what our Lord gave you to share with me. It was all spot on as to what I needed to hear and I could tell it wasn't your advice/words as you really didn't know what was in my heart and mind.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:37 am 

Quote:
I know what a struggle it is to get over that hump and put all our faith into our Lord Christ

I have found that faith in itself is not hard. It's the following that's hard. I mentioned early on in this post of my various struggles. Lately, I've been hearing, "If your right eye is making you stumble, cut it out." And there you go. And so I have. There were things that were dividing my mind and heart, one side into following Christ, and the other into following my own desires, and the two were most definitely at odds. Truly, one cannot serve two masters. I have a ways to go to flush out those desires completely and maybe I never will be able to, but I'm trying.

Quote:
Dear LQ please do not give up, keep asking and it really does work.

Aw... thanks! I know, and I haven't given up, and I do keep on asking.

Quote:
I hope I haven't overstepped here and made it all about Me, I just wanted to share my happiness that I have found no matter how alone I am here that I always have someone to help me that knows what's best for me and that is such a huge comfort. I praise Our Lord Jaheshua because without him we can't do anything properly.

Not at all. I can't say I experience "happiness" because I struggle with depression. Not severe, thankfully. But it does take its toll. I'm working on just being content with the way things are, even if it's not what I want.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 am 

Dear Kim, thank you for your love and encouraging words, I was so privileged to have met you in person finally and see how your love for Jah and Christ shines.

Amen and thank you to these words:
Quote:
It truly is OUR privilege to have been given this and to be known by them and to able to hear their voice and to know they are here at all times for us.

Let your joy and peace in them abound and your family and John will truly see this in you even if you say nothing at all. By your actions, love and inner peace and not being anxious, it will say tons!

We love you and are here for you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:22 pm 

LQ - I am the last person who can give you advice and I hope I didn't come across that way. I know nothing yet but I do understand how hard it is. We all have different things that hold us back, I totally understand what you are saying about wanting to follow our own desires and not being able to follow 2 Masters. I think that is one of the biggest problems and has certainly been one of mine to. We each have a different journey and obstacles some more than others. Depression has to be a terrible obstacle as it takes over and really confuses things more but at least you know that there is HELP out there when you are ready.

No wonder you get depressed and discouraged as you spent so long in a religion giving it your all only to find out it was a big lie. My heart goes out to you as I know how hopeless things can seem some days.

Love from your sister Zoe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:27 pm 

Wait, I KNOW I posted a huge "howdy" to dear LQ (the greatest of love and peace to you, dear brother!)... but now it's not here! (Or did I dream I posted it -
LOLOLOL!).

And yes, "keep [up] the faith", my brother - LOLOLOL!

Peace to you and to your dear household!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 pm 

You posted a "hang in there". Does that count? ;)

HOWDY back at ya!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 pm 

LOLOLOL! No, I found that one, dear LQ (peace to you, dear brother!) But would have sworn... were I a swearin' woman (I'm not, thanks to Christ), i did another.

Ah, well... the wish (for love and peace)... and tidings are the same: GREAT to see you (and dear Voices - again, peace to you and Ria, luv!).

Y'all's servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm 

Peace to you all today ...

And I would love to add my "howdy" my dear brother. And YES...hang in there as well.

We all need to learn to be content and to learn not to be anxious about anything.

I am truly sorry that you are struggling with your happiness. Grant it, we all have down days, but is there not joy and happiness in knowing what our Lord and master has done and continues to do for us?
What he tells us personally? What he demonstrates in our daily life? What he reassures us as to the future, the freedom of not carrying mans yoke, doctrines, judgement, hate, lack of mercy, compassion, etc??
His covering is all we need!

But, the listening/ following IS our choice. And I have found that when I do NOT listen/follow through, I do not have joy, peace or happiness. But it is because of me NOT HIM!

He wants us happy! He wants us joyful! And when we struggle he offers us whatever fruitage from the spirit we need in order to be happy!

I love you all and may our Lord grant you all His peace.

Your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 pm 

Leaving!!

So good to hear from you! So good to know that you are hanging in there, making changes so you won't be divided, continuing to seek and not giving up. Much love and peace to you, as our Lord gives these things!

Your sister and servant and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6