xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: DAILY HELLOS
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:29 am 

Wow, a whole house. It must be like you are living there because you get to go grocery shopping and cook there.
I hope you are all seeing lots of wonderful sights. I was in Rome for one day and crammed in a lot of sight seeing but would have loved to have stayed there for a week at least.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:35 pm 

I have just arrived home. It was the most wonderful week full of spiritual blessings from our Lord. I will never forget it. Such a gift, bringing us all together. SO much learnt to savour. My heart is full. Missing everyone already.

Peace to all

Your servant, sister & slave of Christ,

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 am 

Hi Loz - glad you had a wonderful time and are safe back home. I am dying to hear about all the things you saw and did. How much longer are the other girls and guys going to be staying there?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 am 

Good Morning everyone
I just wanted to say hello and to wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season. Do all of you celebrate Christmas and New years?
I do but just for the fun and family reasons, I do not do it for religious reasons.

I have my family coming this year for Christmas so I am happy about that, (2 of my children and their 5 children). I usually don't because its just so much work for me to cook and clean but this year I just said to myself to stop worrying about doing everything perfect and I am sure my kids and grandkids will understand.

It is very cold here right now, for the last week the temperature has been -20 Fahrenheit every morning and we have lots of snow. The lake across the street is already frozen.

I love you all and read here everyday but lately I haven't had much energy to post or comment. I am in a lot of pain everyday. I think it's the arthritis that causes the pain but my mobility due to the arthritis and MS has gone down hill a lot this year and I have just kind of given up on hope. My faith has dwindled, "again". I wish I could get out of this funk.

Hugs from Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 am 

Hello Zoe, peace to you! Sorry to hear about your pain but good to hear you are having your family for the holidays. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and it'll be worth the 'work' involved. Try to delegate some tasks Zoe, kids love feeling useful?

Hubby and I have been laid up with a nasty flu virus for the past 2-3 weeks, it's really knocked us for six. I'm left with sinusitis and hubby with a chest infection. We are back at our holiday home for Xmas to spend time with my grandchildren this year so we're looking forward to that. Yes it's cold here too and we've had some snow.

Enjoy the holidays Zoe

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:46 pm 

Oh Loz, I hope you and your hubby feel better soon and especially at this time of the year so you can enjoy being with your family.

I am thinking of all of you here and hoping everyone is having a good weekend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:50 am 

Peace to you!

Zoe, I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas day with your family and loved ones! We are doing a very small Christmas this year, just a couple of presents and a turkey. We actually got to surprise hubby with a gift he wanted, even though it was sold out in stores when he mentioned he wanted it. I managed to fool him into thinking it could not be gotten (I got it off kijiji), right up until he peeled the wrapping paper off. I think surprising him was more fun for me than for him, lol.

I am sorry for everyone who is in pain, or sick (hopefully that flue and all its other conditions are passing for you and hubby, Loz). May you all find strength and relief from the pain.

Love and peace to you all,
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:59 am 

Quote:
I am sorry for everyone who is in pain, or sick (hopefully that flue and all its other conditions are passing for you and hubby, Loz). May you all find strength and relief from the pain. 

I totally "second" dear Tam's "emotion" here!

Peace and good health to you all!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:38 pm 

Happy Holidays everyone.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with their family and friends. John and I spent Christmas Day just the two of us, it was fun but expensive as he wants to do all the traditional gift giving stuff. We didn't have Christmas dinner last night as my daughter is supposed to come tomorrow and I was saving the turkey dinner for when she comes but she just called me and said her youngest isn't feeling well so maybe she won't be coming after all. All those presents for the boys are under the tree too. My son and his wife and boys are coming on Saturday for Christmas for sure so that will be wonderful to see them. I am going to make a big pot of chili and a salad as we will be all turkeyed out.

John got a bad head cold last week and 2 days later I got it. I haven't had a cold in about 5 years so it really hit me hard, it also affected my immune system and I had an MS attack and couldn't walk or get in or out of bed without help. It attacked my immune system and I was worrying I wouldn't be able to manage with the holiday stuff. anyway I am still sick but on the mend and my mobility is back to what is normal for me.

Tammy that was so sweet about the gift for your hubby.

Warmest wishes to all of you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 am 

Good Morning everyone, I hope everyone is well and enjoying the New Year 2018.

Here it is COLD, -15 F this morning but feels like -25 F with the wind chill. We have a lot of snow too. I haven't been out of the house in a month due to it being to slippery outside for me. I have to go out next week so hoping it warms up or doesn't snow. Yikes its been a really hard winter so far here.

I miss you all here.

Hugs from Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm 

Zoe wrote:
Good Morning everyone, I hope everyone is well and enjoying the New Year 2018.

Here it is COLD, -15 F this morning but feels like -25 F with the wind chill. We have a lot of snow too. I haven't been out of the house in a month due to it being to slippery outside for me. I have to go out next week so hoping it warms up or doesn't snow. Yikes its been a really hard winter so far here.

I miss you all here.

Hugs from Zoe

Peace to you dear Zoe,

Don't know how y'all do that bitter cold thing. WOW! -15f is crazy cold for me LOL! Hope your holidays and New Year has been smooth.

All is smooth in California. Weather has been great compared to everywhere else these days.

Love and peace to you and your household,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:07 am 

Good Morning everyone, I don't know where everyone is but I miss our chats here on this forum. I know most people have very busy lives so it doesn't leave much time for hanging around on the internet forums. I do not have a busy life right now so I miss hearing from you all and discussing spiritual things as well as everyday stuff.
Is there another place to go where others talk about spiritual things and encourage each other? I don't find that Quora website to be anything but questions and answers, there is no discussions usually or responses to the answers even from the person who asked the question? It's interesting at times but often the questions are total nonsense LOL.

Here it is still cold and wintery but Spring is on the way, I think LOL. The time change last week gives us longer days of light at least.

Nothing going on new in my life right now other than the usual everyday little problems and struggles. I am trying to find something to appreciate each day and surprisingly there is always something good to find.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.
Peace and Love from Zoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:00 pm 

Peace to you Zoe!

We're warming up quite a bit here too (it was even colder here than what you said you had there). But out winter will keep going until at least the end of April. My brother is on the east coast. I haven't talked to him yet, but I know they got a ton of snow in New Brunswick from the recent storms. But that is kind of par for the course on the east.

(I did not like that time change. I wasn't expecting it and I do not like losing the hour, lol)

Zoe, if there is something that you would like to discuss or ask about or also share something you have received, anything at all, please do so! Anyone else as well!

Peace and love to you and to your household,
your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:44 pm 

Good afternoon everyone and peace to you all,

Spring is on the horizon although we have been getting quite a bit of rain and cold weather. Weather we should have gotten in December & January and just now getting but ooh well!!!

All is well! Life is good!

And as I am always reminded (smile) it can always be worse! There are babies dying in third world countries!!!

We're here dear Zoe!

There is a lot of truth our Lord has shared with us all here over the years. Much we can use and apply to ourselves, in our lives, share with others, and what we can further ask HIM about.

Tams, glad it's warming up your way, peace to you sister. Hope hubby and boys are doing well.

And Zoe, you are correct. There is ALWAYS something every single day we can be happy and grateful for.

Thanks for saying hi and have a fabulous day!

Love your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:14 pm 

Oh it does my heart and spirit good to hear from you ladies and to hear all is well. Thanks for posting. It is so hard to find friends that you can trust especially when it comes to spiritual things. I really never appreciated you all here as much as I should have until lately. Now its so quiet so I thought I would just say Hi and tell you all I love you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 135  Next