xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm 

Peace to you all, and good to hear from you also, Loz, dear sister!

Quote:
It has ALWAYS been there "in us" and always open and exposed to them.

Yes. When He first revealed to me what was in me, some things I had done, there was one time I was so ashamed. There was more than one time, but this time in particular, I thought, this is just soooooo bad... He can't possibly still love after this. Then He reminded me of what Kim shared above. He said that to me (not in those exact words). But that even though I was only just remembering this; He always knew. It was not new to Him. Still He called me. Still He loved me.

Quote:
So far what stood out to me is this highlighted in RED:

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

I wanted to be in the dark before, I wanted to live for today and enjoy and disregarded doing good things. I see now that was so harmful and I think I want to see the light and maybe I am but so far its very faint??
I am still seeking and trying but I guess my heart is very hard because it is taking a lot to open it.

You're listening. You're not hardening your heart or refusing to see what is true. Perhaps this part stood out to you because you heard that it was for you, heard and recognized the truth in His words.

Just keep listening, keep seeking, keep asking and knocking, Zoe. You know who to listen to, who to seek, who to follow and keep your eyes upon: Christ Jaheshua, the LIVING Truth and Word and Chosen One of JAH.

May you and may anyone who is wishing be given ears to hear.

And may anyone who thirsts and anyone who seeks, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Peace and love to you all, and to your loved ones,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:16 am 

Good morning everyone!!

It is a gloomy damp day here, only 36 degrees. yesterday we had a lovely day for February, it was 62 degrees and spring is in the air early this year.

Thank you Tec for your encouraging words. It helps me to know that I am not alone in this struggle to see our imperfections and sins and to listen and obey daily.

Is it that simple to just listen and obey and believe? It seems too easy but I know Christ said his yoke was light unlike the religions of the past and present. The Jewish law had so many laws and rules it took away from living a good life and the message of love. 1 Corinthians 13: 2-13 is still one of my favourite scriptures, I have a wall hanging with that scripture written on it which I reflected on a lot even when I disregarded Christ and all the rest of the bible.

So I seek truth and love and faith daily but it is a struggle to keep focused on it.

Is it just our treacherous hearts or is part of it Satan and his demons trying to make us love the world instead of Christ and Jah?

I read chapters 6 & 7 of John yesterday, I am so surprised that its not a chore and I am really enjoying it and getting a feel for things as they were then. I wanted to read more but couldn't concentrate because of a lot of distractions here at home yesterday. I have NEVER read the bible like I would read a book before, I only read the cherry picked verses my parents and the Watchtower publications picked out for us to read to make their point so never really got the point of the actual book in its entirety.

Have a good day everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:01 pm 

Mornin Zoe and peace to you,

Is it that simple to just listen and obey and believe? It seems too easy but I know Christ said his yoke was light unlike the religions of the past and present

IT IS when we put away our fears that hinder us from our Love that would be WHOLE- souled.
I am still being shown my fears and issues that prevent me from truly experiencing how simple it can be to listen and obey to be whole hearted as to them.
But it also is much easier when it is something that we truly want to do verses doing it just because it is something we think we are supposed to be doing. Makes a huge difference and of course Jah and Christ already know this about us, nothing hidden.

His yoke is nothing like religions. It is why he wants us to be completely free of its law that enslave.
-Galatians 5:1

Is it just our treacherous hearts or is part of it Satan and his demons trying to make us love the world instead of Christ and Jah?

It is BOTH dear Zoe. Our hearts are inclined to be wicked because of sin and death that is in us. Which is why remaining in union is what covers overs our flesh. We canNOT cleanse it by OUR doing.

And yes, our adversary is making an all-out-attack " waging war with the remaining ones of the seed" because of him knowing he has a short period of time. - Revelation 12:7-17 1Peter 5:8

So once again, you are NOT alone!
-1Peter 5:9-11

" But take YOUR STAND against him, solid in the faith, knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of your brothers in the world. But after suffering a little, the God of all UNdeserved kindness, who called you to his everlasting glory in union with Christ will himself finish your training, he will make you firm, he will make you strong."

So may you be given ears to hear our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah, the chosen One of JAH.
And if you are thirsting may you COME, And takes lifewater which is Holy Spirit FREE!

Love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:54 pm 

Thank you Kim so much for your message and answers. I have read these things many times but it seems too simple but I think its starting to sink into my mind.
I keep telling myself that there is no other answers out there for any of us. The world is a mess and Presidents, Prime Ministers, Queens, Kings, Popes, clergy have nothing to offer us but lies and all they do is take and give us burdens like the Pharisees in Jesus' time. So there is nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking truth from the only one that can help us, Christ.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:11 pm 

I keep telling myself that there is no other answers out there for any of us. The world is a mess and Presidents, Prime Ministers, Queens, Kings, Popes, clergy have nothing to offer us but lies and all they do is take and give us burdens like the Pharisees in Jesus' time. So there is nothing to lose and everything to gain by seeking truth from the only one that can help us, Christ.

And it's been like this since Adam. Man always thinking they know best. Trying to govern themselves apart from Christ, to their own injury.
Which is why one of the important aspects of the Lord's Prayer is to pray for " Jah will to be done here on earth as it is in heaven."

The worlds a mess....were a mess....And we have everything to gain by looking to and listen and obeying Christ. Where else is there to go??.. As Peter said.

Peace to you, your sister and servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:54 am 

Good Morning everyone, I hope you all are having a good day.

I am still keeping my mind on Christ and begging for truth and Faith and forgiveness. I am finding I can't go a day without thinking on it and obeying or it fades. Yesterday I read 2 chapters of John and prayed but I didn't do communion as I left it until later and then John came home earlier than expected and I couldn't do it. I felt guilty but I am too weak yet to announce to him my seeking Christ :( :? because I know he will be extremely angry and I need some time to build up my strength.

That's it for me today. It is a rainy cold damp day here in Ontario Canada.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:24 am 

I was reading John 12 today, I remember Martha washing Jesus' feet with perfumed oil but I didn't note the name of it before. Nard or Spikenard .... has anyone used this or smelled it before? What does it smell like?

Also I read that some of you wash each others feet before communion. What does this mean exactly. I see Jesus washed the feet of his 12 apostles the night he was betrayed? I don't understand doing that in todays world as its not a custom as we wear shoes now. Then they wore sandals and there was not paved roads and much dust.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:50 pm 

Also I read that some of you wash each others feet before communion. What does this mean exactly. I see Jesus washed the feet of his 12 apostles the night he was betrayed? I don't understand doing that in todays world as its not a custom as we wear shoes now. Then they wore sandals and there was not paved roads and much dust.

Peace to you dear Zoe,

Although customs and times have changed, Jah and Christ have NOT.

Our Lords demonstrating this had nothing to do with what kind of shoes we wear, and how dirty our feet might be. His lesson for us was "are we willing to serve one another?"
And if our Lord who is our master and king could do this.....FOR US.....how could we not humble ourselves and do " just so" towards one another.

It is a heart condition that he is trying to get us to understand as well as obeying in something that may seem silly or small. But " he that is faithful in little, will be faith in much."
So if we can't show faith in things even like this, will it be easy to be obedient in the bigger things? Or receive blessings for doing just so?

Just a thought,
Love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:51 pm 

I totally get that!! To humbly serve each other and show love is a wonderful thing plus obey Christ.

Thanks for explaining Kim.