xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:37 pm 

tec wrote:
They opened for me, Kim. I can see that the top three don't have the "en." before wikipedia. Maybe somehow that makes a difference on your ipad? (I am totally guessing. But that is the only thing I see that is different about the first three links). Maybe try typing the links in WITH the en. in them?

Peace to you!!

Thanks Tams,

Still didn't work on iPad but works fine on hubbys laptop. Will just use his.

Peace Kim

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:43 pm 

Hola, Ms. Kimmie sistah (peace, luv!) - they worked for me.

Thanks for helping out, dear Tams... and peace to you, as well, chile'!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 pm 

I forgot to add re this pic (peace to you, all!):

If you notice the "wings"... quite a lot of "feathers" there, yes? Thing is... those aren't accurate. See, they're SUPPOSED to be "pinions". Now, pinions CAN mean feathers:

Quote:
pin·ion (ˈpinyən)
noun
noun: pinion; plural noun: pinions
1. the outer part of a bird's wing including the flight feathers.
literary
a bird's wing as used in flight.
verb
verb: pinion; 3rd person present: pinions; past tense: pinioned; past participle: pinioned; gerund or present participle: pinioning
1. tie or hold the arms or legs of (someone).
"he pinioned the limbs of his opponents"
bind (the arms or legs) of someone.
synonyms: hold down, pin down, restrain, hold fast, immobilize; More
2. cut off the pinion of (a wing or bird) to prevent flight.

Origin
late Middle English: from Old French pignon, based on Latin pinna, penna ‘feather.’

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... 8#q=pinion

BUT... it also means these:

Just sayin'. Not trying to scare anyone. If it does scare you, think this guy (the GOOD guy, in Pixar's "Small Soldiers" animated film - not much to look at but heart of gold):

Mankind is NOT ready. They have not been told the TRUTH:

"As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the (stauros) on him and made him carry it behind [Jesus]. A large number of people followed him, including women who mourned and wailed for him. [Jesus] turned and said to them, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep for yourselves and for your children. For the time will come when you will say, ‘Blessed are the childless women, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed!’ Then

“‘they will say to the mountains, “Fall on us!”
and to the hills, “Cover us!”’
Luke 23:26-30

"I watched as the Lamb opened the sixth seal.

Then the kings of the earth, the princes, the generals, the rich, the mighty, and everyone else, both slave and free, hid in caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits on the throne..."
Revelation 6:12-17

I know, I know... "It doesn't mean that, Shel!" Or... does it? And if it does, what are we to do? Easy-peasy:

"Do NOT fear/be afraid!"

There is time and season to fear... and a time and season to NOT be afraid. The proverb doesn't include those words, but it does say there is a time and season for EVERYTHING. That would include fear... and courage.

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:27 am 

I don't quite know where to put this.
I just found it on youtube.
It seems a bit way out but around 30 mins in it is about Akhenaton and Nefitiri, and then further on they show a coffin similar to King Tut's and a whole load of golden artifacts, and then diamond encrusted owl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=286sjgPOvc8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:17 pm 

Thank you for sharing that video, dear Summer (peace to you!). It was a bit long for me to take in all at once, but I'm through it now and I have to say... wow. On two accounts. First, this (and hopefully the pic shows up - I had to use a link to Google Drive as Photobucket is having some issues...):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHv9R ... sp=sharing

According to Wikipedia:

Quote:
Anubis or Anpu is the Greek name of a god associated with mummification and the afterlife in ancient Egyptian religion, usually depicted as a canine or a man with a canine head. Archeologists identified the sacred animal of Anubis as an Egyptian canid, that at the time was called the golden jackal, but recent genetic testing has caused the Egyptian animals to be reclassified as the African golden wolf.

Like many ancient Egyptian deities, Anubis assumed different roles in various contexts. Depicted as a protector of graves as early as the First Dynasty (c. 3100 – c. 2890 BC), Anubis was also an embalmer. By the Middle Kingdom (c. 2055 – 1650 BC) he was replaced by Osiris in his role as lord of the underworld. One of his prominent roles was as a god who ushered souls into the afterlife.

He attended the weighing scale during the "Weighing of the Heart," in which it was determined whether a soul would be allowed to enter the realm of the dead. Despite being one of the most ancient and "one of the most frequently depicted and mentioned gods" in the Egyptian pantheon, Anubis played almost no role in Egyptian myths.

Anubis was depicted in black, a color that symbolized both rebirth and the discoloration of the corpse after embalming.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Anubis

But the scribes, archeologists, scholars, Egyptologists, etc., have all missed it, dear ones. In that image above, Anubis... is RESURRECTING a [dead] "king." I knew it as soon as I saw it. But there's more:

Quote:
His daughter is the serpent goddess Kebechet.

And so, of course I looked up Kebechet:

Quote:
Kebechet is referred to as a serpent who "refreshes and purifies" the pharaoh. Kebechet was thought to give water to the spirits of the dead while they waited for the mummification process to be complete. She was probably related to mummification where she would fortify the body against corruption, so it would stay fresh for reanimation by the deceased's ka*.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Kebechet

And ka:

From Wikipedia -

Quote:
*The Ka was the Egyptian concept of vital essence, that which distinguishes the difference between a living and a dead person, with death occurring when the ka left the body. The Egyptians believed that Khnum created the bodies of children on a potter's wheel and inserted them into their mothers' bodies. Depending on the region, Egyptians believed that Heqet or Meskhenet was the creator of each person's ka, breathing it into them at the instant of their birth as the part of their soul that made them be alive. This resembles the concept of spirit in other religions.

From Encycopedia Britannica:

Quote:
ka, in ancient Egyptian religion, with the ba and the akh, a principal aspect of the soul* of a human being or of a god. The exact significance of the ka remains a matter of controversy, chiefly for lack of an Egyptian definition; the usual translation, “double,” is incorrect.

*I think they mean what we might call the "spirit"...

From the Oxford Dictionary:

Quote:
(in ancient Egypt) the supposed spiritual part of an individual human being or god, which survived (with the soul) after death and could reside in a statue of the person.

https://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/ka

Ennywho, didn't share any of that to say it was true or accurate... we should be concerned... or that mayhaps the Israelites got THEIR worship from the Egyptians (Dang that Moses!!)... but just pointing out the similarities, given the whole Joseph/Egypt/Israelite thing.

The second (and more important to ME) thing, though, is that a few weeks ago dear Hubby and I were talking about our return to Egypt later this year. As we were talking, I all of a sudden knew... and said to him... "And then I have to go to Turkey."

"Turkey?!," he asked. "What's in Turkey??"

I told him that I had no idea. And I didn't. And I was kinda hoping I had misheard - LOL! I mean, what's in Tyoikee?? Maybe something related to the items in dear Summer's video? A particular place... tomb... something?? Dunno. Need to find out if visitors have access to those artifacts/the location, though.

Oh, Lordy... all OVER regions of the world where "stuff"... and bad "stuff"... be goin' on! Ah, well, I am sure my dear Lord knows what HE'S doin'... even if I don't. SO feelin' like Abraham, though ("Just get up and go where I tell/lead you; it'll all be fine." And so it has been.).

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm 

Peace to you all today,

Interesting! This weekend i was searching through more info on Egyptians, their technology and pyramids and came across this article. Found it interesting but didn't understand that in this picture Anubis could actually have been resurrecting this deceased pharaoh.

But the article mentions some of what you just shared. As to the Ka being " the spirit or energy" and the Ba representing the soul or vessel. And the process they used to try and keep these two united.

Thought this comment and their possible understanding of what a " glorified form" was was interesting.

As a result, the Ka maintained its identity in the spiritual world and could seek out its Ba in order to achieve ankh, which resulted in the resurrected and glorified form of the deceased beyond the limits of an earthly realm.

Anyways, thought I'd pass it along to read.

Love, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

http://www.newdawnmagazine.com/articles ... prehistory