xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:02 pm 

Thank you so much Shelby for all the time you spend explaining things.
I've got visitors coming so will read it properly later.
I'm excited to see your reply. Have been checking every hour for more info haha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:52 pm 

No worries, dear Summer (again, peace to you!) - I would much prefer you take your time and perhaps better understand than rush through. I realize many don't like to read a lot of content; that's actually somethingthe WTBTS counts on and so are able to pull quite a bit of "wool" over their members' eyes. Well, actually every religion that points to some book as the way of salvation ("We KNOW there's a LOT to read, so don't worry your heads - WE'LL read it then tell you what it says. Then you only need listen to US!").

Words are VERY important, though, and we should not only take our time to read them but to also know what they mean, if they are being used in the right context, AND if they are even the right word at all (because most have multiple definitions!).

Please note, though, I've made a few edits to my responses to you and dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!), so if anyone HAS already read them, they might wanna do another go-through.

As always, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:14 pm 

I have been eagerly checking to see what answers Shelby had for us and now that its here I haven't got time to read it properly. I will read it thoroughly in the morning. Thanks Shelby for sharing with us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:41 am 

On to Luxor (peace to you all!)...

From Cairo, we took an overnight "sleeper" train to Luxor. Since it was at night, I didn't take any pics (I'm not sure if anyone else did, either). For some, the train was a bit of a gnarly experience - not what you might find in the US/Europe but definitely in, say, India or Pakistan (although I'm thinking not quite THAT gnarly). The restrooms were reminiscent of airplane restrooms... OLD, neglected airplane restrooms... and so worse (and in a big way, for some - LOLOL!) and so to be avoided, if possible. They weren't filthy, per se, but not very appealing (okay, not as clean as could be... and sometimes holding "evidence" of someone who used the facilities before you - gag - because it had the airplane kind of "flush" thing goin' on. We were also told not to use the toilets when the train was stopped at a station, the reason for which we learned why on our way back - gag, again!). We purchased double-occupancy berths which, IMHO, were actually pretty okay. Gagging aside, though, MY view of the whole thing was that it was a "we're-not-even-in-the-US-anymore-let-alone-Kansas-people-but-on-a-seriously-overused-under-cleaned-old-and-pretty-neglected-"Egyptian Orient Express"-kinda-train-which-is-absolutely-an important-fascinating-and-fun-for-ME-part-of-this-exhilarating-adventure-so-get-in-sit-or-lay-down-and-hang-on" kinda ride. I am not so sure my dear companions ALL felt the same way, though - LOLOL! We also took the sleeper train back (vs. flying), the reason for which I will share later.

So, we get to Luxor at about 6:30am and are met by our wonderful guide there, Khaled, and his driver/cousin, Mohammed.

[I want to take a minute here and say something as to our dear guides and drivers: ALL... were Muslims. And ALL... were THE kindest, sincerest, FAIREST, ACCOMMODATING... and most hospitable hosts... at ALL times. NOT to take anything away from dear Mebrahtu, Sisai, and Mahare (our dear Orthodox Christian guides and driver in Ethiopia) - ALL of these men... young AND old... were the EPITOME of kindness, graciousness, modesty, humility, and just plain good service providers! Had you met ANY of these men you would NOT be able to tell the difference between which was a christian and which was Muslim, save the times dear Khaled and Moses wore their galabeyyas. When they did, though, their's were neat, clean, pressed, etc. (and dear Moses ALWAYS smelled "heavenly" - which I will explain later). I also thought it was really cool that Khaled wore shorts and a "wife-beater" (no offense to anyone; ju s'what we call men's white tank undershirt here in the US due to those being what many abusers/bad guys wear or are depicted in movies/on TV wearing) under his robe. When we went, though, the temperatures were in the high 70's/low 80's and so it made sense that some of the fabrics are "breathable" (did I hear someone say, "It's Egyptian cotton, Shel!"? LOLOL!)

Anyway, if I learned NOTHING else in Egypt, I learned that Muslims are no different than christians, per se. They're just people trying to live, make a living, and serve "God" as THEY know Him (to be). And just like "Christians" (or Jews, or Buddhists, or what have you) in the western world, their knowledge is based on what others have told them, including excruciatingly poor interpretations of ancient/old writings, as well as their own paradigms. They ALL were "good" people, though, and abhorred badness/crime, etc. And all expressed their individuals positions - Moses most vocally and vehemently (EVEN inside the Citadel, which is one of the largest mosques in the world!) - that so-called "radical" Muslims are "NOT 'TRUE' Muslims!" Of course, we totally understood THAT... and shared our position that many "Christians" are NOT TRUE Christians. You may have even heard of the church and police bombings in Cairo last week. Out of concern, I called/emailed our new friends there to ask after everyone's well-being. I was assured that everyone was okay, that the incidents did not occur near anyone we had come to know... AND that everyone condemned the acts of those who caused the incidents.

We learned, dear 'Mom and I, that in both Egypt AND Ethiopia, the COMMON folks... both Christian AND Muslim... live together in peace. And have done so for millenia... and NONE want any of the discord between the two that is occurring... OR with Jews. We also learned from our hosts that there are only 42 Jewish families in ALL of Egypt. This is because some years ago the Egyptian government began to tax the wealthy to help care for the poor. Virtually ALL of the Jewish families were wealthy and rather than pay the tax, they left the country. Forty-two families accepted the taxation, though, and remained... and have since become even vastly MORE wealthy. They not only pay the tax, but AGREE with it! Okay, I digress.]

We get to Luxor and Khaled asks if we want to see the Temple at Karnak. Well, yeah, we DO... but NOW?? It's like early in the morning and we JUST got off a gnarly train! Sure, we slept on the train coming in - if you can call it sleep (I slept and pretty good, for a change; due TO the change in time zones, my sleep pattern was WAY off and I had finally got a few good hours (for me, that's 3 or 4) of snoozing in - not sure about anyone else - LOLOL!)... but shouldn't we at least go change/brush our teeth, take a NAP??? Well, his rationale for going NOW was sound: Karnak is on the EAST side of the Nile... and our lodgings were on the WEST side, as were the Valley of Kings, Temple of Hatshepsut, and Valley of Queens. Eye-ee... pretty much everything ELSE we would want to see. Not that that made any difference to US. At least, not until we left Karnak FOR the west side. Which meant taking the bridge. I will share more about that in a bit.

SO... okay, let's go see Karnak NOW... and THEN go to the lodgings (and maybe nap? Please??!).

Unfortunately, though, I didn't get to see much of Karnak. Not really. I did go in... eventually. But when we got there, got out of the van and into the reception area... dear daughter realized... she's lost her wallet... and passport. Yep. Right there in Luxor, Egypt. Well, somewhere in Egypt. Maybe on the train. Maybe... back in Giza. ???? SO, we send everyone on in to see the temple while daughter and I... and dear, dear Khaled and Mohammed... race through traffic back to the train station. Where we find... nothing. No one has found a wallet or a US passport; nothing had been turned in to Lost and Found. What next? Okay, maybe it was still on the train! So, inform Tourist Police and regular police... and ask the station master to contact the train station in Aswan (3 or so hours on) in case maybe someone found these while cleaning the train. Maybe...

[Note: We truly don't think anyone pickpocketed/stole these items. We THINK she either lost it on the train (maybe it fell out of her backpack/got left in the berth) or on the platform in Giza (the last time she saw it and THOUGHT she'd slipped in back into her backpack but might have missed the pocket). Based on EVERYONE'S reaction and response, it really didn't seem like it was stolen - stealing is virtually unheard of in ANY part of Egypt (I'm thinking there are severe penalties, but no one actually said). Rather, all (meaning, EVERYONE we asked/talking to, including ALL of our hosts, both in Luxor AND Cairo) were pretty surprised that no one had turned the items in. We heard "Don't worry; you'll find it or someone will turn it in, I'm sure - what would anyone want with/DO with YOUR passport? THEY can't use it!" more times than I could keep count. That's not to say someone COULDN'T steal/try to use it but that people in Egypt don't necessarily think that way - they certainly couldn't pass as American. My daughter might look a bit Egyptian, but once an Egyptian starts to talk, you KNOW they aren't American - LOLOL! And that's even if they CAN speak English! It just would have been too difficult. But, well, maybe it could be sold, the photo used... who knows? Anyway, we did not find her wallet/passport that morning and so finally headed back to Karnak (passing the Temple at Luxor on the way).]

The Temple at Karnak was fascinating (weird, but I can't see, in ALL of our uploaded photos, where anyone took a pic of the entrance or the temple in full (I thought I had but can't see any in my files). There are a LOT of little bits and pieces (dear Hubby's eye-view of the "art" in the heiroglyphics, etc.), but not much else. There are these pics that dear Hubby took (of the rams just outside the entry and somewhere inside the temple)]:

Unfortunately, by the time dear daughter and I got back and went in, I was too tired (and worn out trying to "maintain" over that lost passport because, well, there's the possible flight to Petra or, at least, the flight back to Cairo - hadn't planned to take the train BOTH ways... either flight which would require a passport!) ... so I only looked at a few things but even so they were fascinating. Most everyone else (except dear daughter, and understandably, but I have to hand it to her, she DID try!) was still a bit gaga over the site (I think dear Hubby had drool on his chin - LOLOL!), so we spent a little more time there before heading to our digs.

Karnak done (although, I'm sure some would have liked to stay a little longer - long, even stare at dear Hubby), we head to the digs... which were way more than we expected. Initially, we booked one large house that could "sleep 12." The owner called me the night before, however, and said the house was no longer available ( :O !)... BUT... that she would find us comparable lodgings... and that she did ( /:) )! We ended up in a VERY nice 4-story, 5-plex... and almost all to ourselves (the couple whose flat dear Hubby and I took relocated to one of the studios on... wait for this... the ROOF!). The place was wonderful, with a beautiful pool and a rooftop view of the Nile/Luxor temple. Let's see if I can find pics for THAT! Well, okay, not too many but here's the pool and a (panoramic) view from the roof:

By the time we got there, everyone was pretty much exhausted. Our fatigued was exacerbated (well, mine was - LOLOL!) by the ride from the east bank of the Nile (where the train station and Karnak/Luxor temples were)... to the west side (where we were staying, etc.). Because this was almost a 45-minute ride: - first south (or north?) along the Nile for about 15 minutes to the (apparently only) bridge in the entire area... then back UP (down?) the Nile for about 30 minutes to where we were staying. Just got off train, trucked over to Karnak, visited Karnak (or raced back to train station and spent close to an hour looking/talking with officials there THEN visited Karnak)... so, yep, we's tired!

BUT... the day was actually just beginning - LOLOL! So, we took naps/rested (after running all over the digs first, though, as it really was a pretty fantastic place to stay - the view of the Nile was fabulous!). Well, some of us rested - I could NOT fall asleep, dang that jet-lag/time-zone-done-messed-me-up thing!... until Khaled returned (shortly! as in maybe 2 hours??) to take us to visit the Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut's "temple."

I will stop here and continue later in another post below.

Again and as always, peace to you all!

SA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:48 am 

Caught you. haha
I was drooling for more.
I'm off to enjoy reading.
Thank you Shelby

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:49 am 

OH MY, what wonderful descriptions and adventures you have told us about. Thank you so much for sharing them. I am enjoying them immensely. I still haven't read the other post thoroughly, I can't seem to concentrate today.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:43 am 

[I want to take a minute here and say something as to our dear guides and drivers: ALL... were Muslims. And ALL... were THE kindest, sincerest, FAIREST, ACCOMMODATING... and most hospitable hosts... at ALL times. NOT to take anything away from dear Mebrahtu, Sisai, and Mahare (our dear Orthodox Christian guides and driver in Ethiopia) - ALL of these men... young AND old... were the EPITOME of kindness, graciousness, modesty, humility, and just plain good service providers! Had you met ANY of these men you would NOT be able to tell the difference between which was a christian and which was Muslim, save the times dear Khaled and Moses wore their galabeyyas.

Peace to you all this morning....

I would like to say that Shel described all of them exactly so. ( peace to you and enjoying this journey again)

They were truly all of the above! A feeling that when you return you are among family not just a tour guide.
They had a love on their hearts that felt genuine and accepting regardless of ones belief.

Thanks for sharing, just wanted to add this,
Love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:51 am 

Well I think I understand about the gold mask now on King Tut. It was to shield him from the fiery brilliance of the Spirits when he came back to life. They believed that there was a God almighty but maybe not entirely understanding what was in store after death but the mask and gold on everything was to protect them just in case??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:43 pm 

Quote:
It was to shield him from the fiery brilliance of the Spirits when he came back to life.

You are SO on the right track, dear Zoe (peace, dear sister!) - It was to protect him when THEY came back (to BRING him back to life)!

Quote:
They believed that there was a God almighty but maybe not entirely understanding what was in store after death

They didn't truly understand JAH... but that's because there was/is JAH... AND His Word (the details of which are for another thread). They certainly believed there was a resurrection, though... AND that it was at the hands of [those] who were COMING back to do it! Hence:

1. All the "stuff" they packed into their tombs with them - if you plan to be raised up in at least the same position you had when you died... well, you'll need your stuff (when you awaken), won't you? How to do that? Have it right there when you wake up! AND... not resurrection to a SPIRIT body, at least not right away. No, to a body of flesh. And so there's food (Mark 5:43; Luke 8:55); war implements (i.e., weapons, chariots - (Psalm 18:34, 39; 21:9; 24:8; 110:3; Revelation 9:7, 9; 19:11-21); and whatever else they thought they might need. AND... those they loved, such as devoted pets!

2. MOST of which you've ALSO had covered/sealed in gold for the same reason you had yourself (or someone had you!) ensconced in so much gold: deflection from the exorbitant amount of... radiation... that would exist WHEN these returned!

Quote:
but the mask and gold on everything was to protect them just in case??

Not just in case, luv. WHEN!

Our world keeps vacillating between "oh, those ancient Egyptians knew SO much and had SO much 'technology'!"... and "oh, those ancient Egyptians - they must have had some kind of fetish for geometrical shapes and gold!" The first is more truthful than the latter... and the eal issue there is... from where... or WHO... did the Egyptians get THEIR "technology"??

Remember: Joseph was second only to Pharaoh... and the people were to listen to EVERYTHING he told them. No WAY he wouldn't have told them which "god" to "serve," given the very reason HE was even there.

Just some things to make you dear ones go "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."

Peace to you all!

SA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:51 pm 

I was looking up some of the scriptures you cited Shelby.
One from Psalms I was looking for and somehow got this one.
(Proverbs 28:5) . . .Evil men cannot understand justice, But those who seek Jehovah can understand everything. . .
Do you think I was being given a nudge? haha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:24 pm 

Quote:
Do you think I was being given a nudge?

LOLOLOLOL and WINK! dear Summer!

Peace to you!

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:41 am 

thanks, Shelby
for referring to the closer to original meanings
found in Hebrew,
it was only about 600 years previous to Joseph
that angels maybe flew visibly among men perhaps as glowing gods
that might have made faces glow like Moses on Mt. Sinai
and Noah himself was yet alive
until about 300 years before Joseph
so the original Hebrew
and even the religious practices of Egypt
would not be as heavily warped
as today's English and modern rituals

i recorded some of my reactions to your epic journey
as follows

that
that is the pyramids
excuse me
outside the balcony
it's the pyramids

i imagine a lot of
"Ali Akbars!"
from the other tenants
escaping that elevator successfully

archaeologist antiquities prof
as your tourguide
not just some schmuck off the street

wow
seeing people standing by the pyramid entrance
with the triangular giant robot head
poking out among the stones above them

i used to think the stones were gigantic
but now that i see people standing beside
i am reminded of a scene from Spinal Tap
regarding the mighty Stonehenge,
meh
no space aliens needed
just log rollers

winged people
reminiscent of the ark of the covenant

gold insoles
lol
Doctor Saul's

if the spirit realm is Daddy's real working machine
Tut's mask would be the Fisher Price toy version

- ian

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:14 am 

if i lived in Joseph's Yahweh-friendly Egypt
and wore the Egyptian bald beardless make-up and garb
that Joseph himself probably wore
and made Egyptian purification and atonement sacrifices
or if i hung around a couple hundred years later
and was close friends with King Tut's monotheistic-leaning parents,
i as a true blue ancient Ra-worshiping Egyptian,
i would probably be closer to the Truth
than any WTBTS-worshiping Jehovah's Witness today

betcha Tut's mask made sounds
toot toot

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:20 am 

Quote:
thanks, Shelby
for referring to the closer to original meanings
found in Hebrew,

Mornin', dear Wheels, and peace to you! Yes, written language is VERY important (well, you've seen me post where words are important - LOL!)... and I have to say that I am a bit concerned about the current trend for texting, tweeting, etc. How do we know but that some of what was written... well, "copied"... long ago wasn't, say, abbreviated forms of language (a la today's texting language(s))? To truly understand what someone (originally) wrote, you would really want to ask them. OR... if you can... ask the one who originally DICTATED the message... or at least knows the "heart" of the one who (originally) wrote it - LOL! Can't get a better "translation" than that, IMHO - LOLOLOL!

Quote:
angels maybe flew visibly among men perhaps as glowing gods

And after! Remember, while many received "visions" containing spirit beings, including the Word himself, some literally saw spirit beings: Daniel (in the lion's den and furnace); Mary (my dear Lord's mother) and Mary the Magdalene, etc., in the tomb my Lord had been laid and raised up in. Zechariah... Joseph, Mary's husband, etc. True, these weren't flying... but I don't think the "flying" part means what we think it does. I mean, they can and do fly, but not like birds. They have wings but from what I've seen, those are used for moving "quickly" and by that I mean, well, like in an instant. Literally a "flash" - here one second, gone (on a mission/assignment) the next. It's almost as if they've disappeared but in fact they've simply "flown" [away] somewhere. They're back in a flash, too, although that assigned may have taken years, if not centuries, in OUR time.

Quote:
that might have made faces glow like Moses on Mt. Sinai

Well, not quite. It's what makes THEM glow that made Moses' face glow: JAH's "dynamic energy." Both spirits (who can still do so - not all can and so are "in darkness") and Moses simply "reflect" JAH's "light"... or the vast amount of energy that emits FROM That One. (Daniel 7:9c, 10a; Revelation 4:5a). In essence, they "glow"... and Moses "glowed"... due to radiation they receive(d)/absorbed and then emit(ted).

Quote:
and Noah himself was yet alive
until about 300 years before Joseph
so the original Hebrew
and even the religious practices of Egypt
would not be as heavily warped
as today's English and modern rituals

YES! I mean, I can't account for the actual number of years just now, but yes, the original "Hebrew" (which was actually a form of Phoenecian/Aramaic tongue) and practices would be VERY similar. I mean, look at Catholicism: how long has that been around... and has it TRULY changed much in such a time? True, the popes don't marry (or openly engage in murder, homosexuality, adultery, theft, etc.), but there are still a lot of TRADITIONS (i.e., lies!) established in the first days that are adhered to even now. For example, the RIDICULOUS notion that the pope is the successor to Peter. I mean... PETER??... REALLY?? WHEN did... WOULD... PETER... have engaged in such pomp, worn such rainment, used a thurible and other religious "utensils", sprinkled water on a baby's forehead, had people dip their fingers in "holy water" and touch their foreheads, make the "sign" of the "cross", put ashes on their foreheads on a certain day, heck, have a BUILDING (as a "church")... or even more, a TOWN (i.e., Vatican City)???? He was a FISHERMAN by trade... and even IF my dear Lord had promised him a seat on his (my dear Lord's) left or right... which he DIDN'T (but maybe that's why some folks think Peter's so prominent - when, in fact, he was the putz of the group, no offense to dear Peter, but that's the truth - LOLOL!... that promise would have PRECLUDED all of the pomp! Matthew 23:9-12

So, unless Peter gave UP his hope... all of this "built on Peter" melarkey (which is another lie regarding PETER being the "rock", versus his FAITH... in CHRIST... the "Rock" ("stone of stumbling")... is BS. And if he established all of this pomp (he didn't, but for argument's sake, let's say he did)... any one could KNOW he gave it up by THIS melarkey (which is Christ in any of it??!). And if he DID give it up, why in the world follow HIM?

Non-sense. From which comes NO sense. I digress.

Quote:
i recorded some of my reactions to your epic journey
as follows

COOL! Let's see...

Quote:
that
that is the pyramids
excuse me
outside the balcony
it's the pyramids

Yes, it was... and an AWESOME sight, too - LOLOL!

Quote:
i imagine a lot of
"Ali Akbars!"
from the other tenants
escaping that elevator successfully

Okaayyyyy???!! I sure did give MY thanks the two times I escaped - LOLOLOLOLOL!

[Sidenote: usually, only one elevator car was on-line at a time (the one on the right). Apparently, Egypt has energy problems (which often causes electricity outages - our dear hosts equipped our flat with large battery operated LED auxiliary lighting bars just for that purpose - I think it did go out once while we were there) and so running both elevators was taxing on the building's electrical capability. So, the lobby attendant would often have to turn on the other so that we had two (because there were so many of us, and with baggage, etc.). Thing is, I didn't notice any of the regular tenants getting stuck, so maybe there was some "trick" to it that you understood after using the things for some time.]

Quote:
archaeologist antiquities prof
as your tourguide
not just some schmuck off the street

Nope! Now, wasn't THAT a "gift"? And he was a LOVELY man, an 89-year-old energizer bunny - LOLOL! He also helped me see, though, that even tenured egyptologists don't know what was going on with some ancient egyptians. Too "blinded" by the view of all of the ancient "gods". Which was the point (of the ancient priests, etc.), in CREATING such gods. Well, them and THEIR leader (the Adversary). Very "blinding" such things are.

Quote:
wow
seeing people standing by the pyramid entrance
with the triangular giant robot head
poking out among the stones above them

Yeah, can remind one of, say, a transformer, right? LOLOLOL! Actually, they are more of just a kind of "chevron" design, though, and for a purpose: it seems that the entrance is blocked by huge blocks of stone that apparently have given archaeologists a conundrum - how did the builders block the door and then get out - there didn't seem to be any other "doors." And if they didn't get out, but blocked the door and then died inside, where are their bodies? No bodies have ever been found in the pyramids. This was the question propounded by our dear guide before we ascended the Great Pyramid (only a about a story or so up, though). Excavators had made another opening (which they charge about 1000 Egyptian pounds to go in, but our guide advised against spending the money as there was nothing inside - just a big hole), but still couldn't figure out how the blockage had been done with the blockers getting out. Hmmmmmm...

And yet, once we got to the level we needed, I turned to the left and see a very small (in comparison to the others) "odd" looking stone in the pyramid facade that OBVIOUSLY (well, to ME) didn't "fit" with the others. It was small but large enough for a fairly good-sized man to crawl out of... and appears "odd" to me because it's coloring was slightly off from all of the others around it. Very close, but NOT the same (at all, if you can focus your view on it AND the surrounding stones). Then I heard, "This is where the men came out, child. There is no hocus-pocus to it. They blocked (very large) doorway from within, then climbed out here and sealed the exit with this smaller stone." Well, DOO-DAH, my Lord! And so, like he said: no hocus-pocus! I did "marvel" that, what, the experts don't know this, Lord? Or that perhaps they did but didn't say anything so as to maintain the mysteriousness of the pyramid? I didn't receive a response. What I did receive, though, was that our dear guide didn't know (which made me marvel more - I mean, if HE didn't see it/know perhaps the other experts didn't either - but it was RIGHT THERE; how could they not SEE it?? Things that make one go "hmmmmm"...).

Quote:
i used to think the stones were gigantic
but now that i see people standing beside
i am reminded of a scene from Spinal Tap
regarding the mighty Stonehenge,
meh
no space aliens needed
just log rollers

They aren't that large, no; however, the ones in the structure surrounding the Sphinx were not only HUGE, but cut in very curious ways... AND fit together PERFECTLY. No mortar, no grout, no sand between them. And yet, no gaps. None. They fit together virtually seamlessly. You could see a seam, of course, but there wasn't even the slightest bit of space between the stones. And again, some were cut, I don't know the word... had cut outs that other stones were perfectly fit into... and yet, each stone was the size of a pick-up truck. Pretty marvelous engineering!

BUT, our dear guide did NOT believe space aliens were involved. In fact, he explained where the stones came from and how they got to the area (the whole area used to be part of the Nile river - stones cut in quarries miles away, even days away... then floated on barges downstream to a port in Giza (although in the northern part of Egypt, Cairo/Giza is in "Lower Egypt" with Luxor and Aswan, which is south of Cairo/Giza, in "Upper Egypt." [This is because the headwaters come from Lake Victoria (through the White Nile in Uganda) and Lake Tana (through the Blue Nile in Ethiopia) which converge at, Khartoum, the capital of Sudan (and one of the reasons for all of the conflict in that area - control of the Nile River waters)). He told us of how the water covered the area when he was little boy and how he often fished in it (his passion is fishing!) and took us to a bookstore that had B&W pics of the Nile in the area back in the day (and yep, the whole area right up to the Sphinx was under water with date trees poking up all about)... and when the Sphinx was still largely buried under the sand). Anyway, the Nile river flows north, from Lake Victoria (elev. 3,717'), then over 3,400 mile down to Cairo/the Giza plateau (elev. 75'-62'), through the Nile Delta/Alexandria (elev. 16.4' to sea level), into the Mediterranean Sea (sea level). I added that bit of info so that folks can SEE how easy it would be to get great stones from the south of Egypt to the north: the river flows north with quite an elevation drop. The current would push the boats along so that transporting large, heavy items wouldn't be difficult at all. Now, transporting such from Cairo to, say, Luxor or Aswan, would have been another thing entirely. I digress.]

Quote:
winged people
reminiscent of the ark of the covenant

YES!! And there are other "people/creatures" in Egyptian "religion" that correspond to the ancient Hebrew beliefs, as well. And that is what I will expound more on in another thread (I have yet to post about that as I am still waiting for ALL of the info, well, as much as I am to share, to come together. My apologies for the delay, but it will come and I will post it).

Quote:
gold insoles
lol
Doctor Saul's

LOLOLOL! Indeed! And bringing MUCH more comfort, given their purpose, I'm sure - LOLOL!

Quote:
if the spirit realm is Daddy's real working machine
Tut's mask would be the Fisher Price toy version

LOLOL! Yes, I can totally see that. WE think it's all "oooh-ahhh!"... and it IS, for OUR world. But, yes, it's a mere toy with regard to the MOST Holy and HIS world.

Quote:
if i lived in Joseph's Yahweh-friendly Egypt
and wore the Egyptian bald beardless make-up and garb
that Joseph himself probably wore

Ummmm... I think not. In fact, that whole bald, beardless thing may have actually been a statement AGAINST Joseph and/or his legacy. Think on this:

Like his forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob/Israel, Joseph apparently had the Law "written on his HEART." Hence, he didn't need the Law on stone tablets. Neither did Moses - only unfaithful Israel, those who left Egypt and began to murmur while journeying in the wilderness, needed it written out. But picture what Hebrews would have looked like - well, those dedicated to JAH (i.e., Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel... Joseph): predominantly long hair and bearded! (Numbers 6:5) Those who were not would have likely taken on the Egyptian appearance (bald/beardless), which appearance would have been a statement AGAINST the Hebrew appearance (so as not the confuse others as to which one belonged). The Hebrews, then, by and large, would not have shaved their heads OR beards. As one dedicated to JAH, then, Joseph would NOT have taken a razor to HIS head. So, now, you're an Egyptian and you have an (obvious) Hebrew ruling over you. How would YOU "rebel"? That appearance (long hair/long beard) would have been anathema to those who grew to hate the Hebrews (for whatever reason, including having an outsider rule over you).

This is most probably why Moses was originally identified as an "Egyptian" by Jethro's daughters - not his CLOTHING... but his shaved head/face. Once he was away, though, he let all of that grow out (per the Hebrew appearance) as (1) he would never have won the trust of the Israelites looking like an Egyptian, (2) he was now identifying openly with Hebrews, and (3) most importantly, HE was now one "dedicated" to JAH.

Quote:
and made Egyptian purification and atonement sacrifices

No, luv - it was the other way around: he brought the HEBREW God and beliefs to the EGYPTIANS. And most Egyptians followed that! Hence, great booty given the Hebrews when they were preparing to leave Egypt... and the vast mixed company of Egyptians (and others) that left WITH them! They served the God of the Hebrews... as did the Pharaoh with whom Abram and Sarai had their incident (Genesis 12:10-20; 39:7-9)... and the Pharaoh who installed Joseph to begin with (Genesis 41:38, 39, 45)

Quote:
or if i hung around a couple hundred years later
and was close friends with King Tut's monotheistic-leaning parents,

And there's some stuff to be explored there, at to the beliefs of Tut AND his (step)parents, yes!

Quote:
i as a true blue ancient Ra-worshiping Egyptian,
i would probably be closer to the Truth
than any WTBTS-worshiping Jehovah's Witness today

YES!!!! Absolutely! And not just because of the fake, hypocritical, blind, BS teachings, doctrines, and MAJOR stumbling block of ALL religion... their TRADITIONS... but because of the misunderstandings as to "Ra"! Which will be discussed in another thread. At some point (LOLOL!).

Quote:
betcha Tut's mask made sounds

Hmmmmm... never thought of that. As a "toy," I can imagine it might have. Since it was a burial mask, though, not sure what sound it would make... or the purpose - LOLOL!

Anyway, thank you for your kind comments - it was good to be able to discuss/share as to some of these things. I do love it when comments call for in-depth responses as I also learn ("iron sharpens iron"). For example, it wasn't until you mentioned the bald/beardlessness that I understand what Joseph (AND Moses, both before and after leaving Egypt) had to have appeared. Also, I can understand why any self-loving Hebrew might decide to lose that "look" after coming OUT of (slavery in) Egypt - who wants to look like their captors/masters? Oh, wait... black people in America! LOLOLOLOLOL! Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, but I PROMISE you, if I could have gotten away with nappy hair (and not have people either fawn over or want to "touch" my afro, I would have NEVER straightened my hair - EVER. But, well, when in Rome...

The Hebrews had left "Rome," though, so...

More on Egypt later (not today, though).

Thank you again, dear Wheels, and peace to you!

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:34 pm 

Peace to you all this morning,

Thank you Shelby for sharing this and to you as well Wheels, peace!

Thinking about the whole " beardless, hairless, clean shaven, makeup, fancy Egyptian garb attire etc"...

And then thinking as to Joseph's Hebrew look and attire as one dedicated to Jah...

Interesting, doesn't the WTBS pride themselves on their physical appearance...beardless, clean shaven, NO long hair etc. and physical cleanliness, fancy garb, suit/tie/ dresses etc...

...And frown upon those that aren't, therefore requiring folks to "clean up" themselves. Cut/trim their hair, shave their beards or can't be used as a elder or ministerial servant and no Levi's, scrubs, tennis shoes etc... can't go door to door with them as an organized religion unless you are properly dressed.

...uuuhmmm thinking about what John the Baptist looked like and what he was eating when he was preaching the good news about Christ.

So, looks to me like the WTBS are the ones "making a statement against Jah" as Egypt ( many of them) would have done as well.

Once again another aspect the them calling what is GOOD BAD and what is BAD GOOD! Isaiah 5:20

Love, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next