xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:28 pm 

Ahhh, yes (peace, luv!). Well... maybe with the next "assignment" (I'll try to book something going near/through your neck of the woods - it might be a couple/few years, if at all, but if so I will try to remember - LOLOL!)

But oh wait!! I FORGOT to add... we will be in LONDON on... oh, let me check the itinerary... 11:20am to 2:00pm, Tuesday, Nov. 15th... if anyone wants to run in and have lunch (although, I don't know how that works, what with security and all - we might not be able to come out and go back in... or you might not be able to come in... or... or). But we will be there, switching flights, so let me know (here or PM), if you're in London and want to hookup quicklike - LOLOL!

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:27 am 

When are you leaving for Egypt Shelby? I hope its safe there and that you enjoy your trip.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:40 am 

Mornin, dear Zoe (peace to you!). We leave the morning of the 14th and arrive the afternoon of the 15th. Everyone is pretty excited. I think we'll have a wonderful time - this is my 3rd "assignment" (Bethel in 1996; Ethiopia in 2013). Both times before I was a little apprehensive but each time not only did things smoother than I expected, they were actually very anti-climatic: NOTHING "happened." Actually, both assignments were quite boring, if you look at them from an "Indiana Jones slash DaVinci Code" [kind of] adventure perspective - LOLOLOLOLOL!

But it still feels like that to me: I'm off to speak to/find [out] only JAH and Christ know what... but that's really the point (and the beauty and thrill) - it's not MY work or even about ME. It's their work and whatever "it" is (about) it will be for the benefit of the Body.

As for safety, I'm not worried about that, either. For one, I'm African American - nobody (over there) wants ME - LOLOL! I already know what to say: "Ummm, no, I don't think you want me (or any of my group) as hostages - I PROMISE you, the U.S. isn't gonna pay you a DIME or send in troops or NUTHIN', for us, 7 black people (5 of which could pass as Egyptian! LOL!), 2 Mexicans (on of which could pass as maybe Greek), and one white lady (who's so tanned she might be thought an Egyptian, too, or maybe a Morrocan/Libyan - LOLOL!).

We will be respectful, wear head coverings, if appropriate (I truly hate how Americans assert that they shouldn't have to wear head coverings in Islamic countries yet try to make Muslims remove their's when here - if one must do "as the Romans when in Rome" then what's good for the goose should apply to the gander!)... wish everyone "Peace" ("a salaam elaikem!")... and generally not make an "American" nuisance of ourselves. We are guests in a foreign country (which, apparently, some Americans forget when traveling abroad).

All of that aside, though, my dear Lord will be with us every step of the way. I have NO idea where I'm to go/what to do once there, so I HAVE to let him guide me... EACH step. So, I'll be doing "just so" to the best of my ability. Everyone knows "why" I'm going and so have agreed that this is most important, more than sight-seeing, etc.

So there you go! Easy-peasy! LOLOL!

And we will share what we have/can on our return, I promise.

Peace to you, luv!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:48 am 

So 10 of you are going in a group. Sounds wonderful *smiles* I can't wait to hear about it after you get back.

Since I was a young teenager I have always thought Egypt has always been the most fascinating place to visit. I had a period of time when I was 18 and recently disfellowshipped (I kind of was mentally and emotionally unstable for a time) that I used to pretend I was Egyptian and put on a phoney accent. Rather embarrassing to admit, who the heck was I then but anyway I never visited there but if I could I would have.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:56 pm 

Well, they should be in Egypt now... probably landed a couple hours ago. Long plane trip, but pretty awesome to think that they are walking around in Egypt (or at the airport at least, lol) right now.

Peace to you all!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:04 am 

Peace to you all and we are indeed in Egypt! Landed in Cairo Tuesday evening and staying in Giza. Spent yesterday trekking from Great Pyramid to Sphinx (yep, SEEN it!), to Ramses II's partial status in Memphis. Heading to Luxor tonight (hopefully, if we can figure out how to get the train). St. Catherine's will be next week - we had to reverse and extend the schedule a bit.

Some VERY interesting understandings made clear already - will share later (possibly when we return home as the wi-fi/Internet here REALLY slow). Here's some of the pics we took yesterday to hold you, maybe, though:

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60 ... krp9st.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60 ... cddyao.jpg

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60 ... 0i8kcu.jpg

Peace to you all and to your households!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:36 am 

Ooh how exciting! Egypt is a special place. We went there on our honeymoon, cruising on the Nile. At first my impressions weren't great but oh my, that place 'gets' to you in a big way. We visited the Valley of the Kings...unforgettable. I remember I cried when we were leaving.

Stay safe Shelby Kim & families,

Peace

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:35 am 

Peace to you all,

I love the pics Shelby shared. They look like postcards.
Been amazing. Just getting used to idea that we really are in Egypt!
Wow!

Our guides have truly been sent from Jah! They have been so helpful and loving.
Talk to you all soon, love your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 pm 

my dear Shelby,

enough unusually accurate statements
have come out of you
that years ago convinced me
you are VERY close to God

the men who got rid of you
are no better than the men who sawed Isaiah (?) asunder
or hunted prophets and slew them

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:55 am 

Greetings and peace to you all (and to your dear households! ). We're back (midnight Sunday past) and some to share. Unfortunately, I'm still on Egyptian time AND had to go right to work this week, so exhausted when I get home. But a good exhaustion, truly!

Thank you, dear Loz and Wheels for your very kind words. Egypt is absolutely amazing, the people are warm, our hosts were WONDERFUL, both in Cairo/Giza and Luxor, and all of our drivers pretty cool and the lodgings GREAT, (also in Sharm Al Sheikh).

We made some discoveries, which I will share this weekend when I'm a bit more rested, but I will share now that I may have to go back (pretty certain - we missed the time to get into St. Catherine's monastery and although a very valuable nugget was gleaned in spite of that, there may be more which I have to go inside to see. Also, need to visit some more tombs).

Again, peace to you all, and I'll be back with more this weekend!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel