xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:29 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45dVgWgV64

There are some observations to be made, but I would like to hear your thoughts on it. Peace.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:41 am 

The striking part for me was the sheep's recognition of their shepherd's voice and then their desire to follow him.

Peace

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:19 am 

That was really cool to see,Ataloa, thank you. As Loz said, yes, they all perked up after hearing the voice of their shepherd, the voice that they recognized. And they came running to him.

Also, he FED them. Just as Christ feeds his sheep.

Peace to you both,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:33 am 

That was cool, dear At (peace to you, luv!). My thoughts were:

1. My pups don't just go when anyone calls them, either... BUT they do take note - these sheep didn't even twitch an ear at the "strangers";

2. These sheep know who REALLY fills their bellies (grass is just a "meantime" snack!);

3. The farmer's call was MUCH more distinct - the strangers weren't serious or really committed (to having the sheep listen OR follow them), but we're just making random "noise(s)";

4. The farmer's call WAS very distinct and I think it would have been either a stupid sheep to have not recognized it... and either a strong-headed... or overly-independent (to the point it might get nothing more to eat than grass, though) to the point of being stupid sheep not to heed and respond; and

5. Why DO (young) women always get so silly/giggly??? LOLOL!

Anyway, great "experiment" - thanks for sharing that!

Again, peace to you and your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 am 

Cute video dear At,

I did like the way they " perked up" first....... (Like confirming that it actually was their true masters voice versus a strangers) THEN......began coming to and following Him.

We are told that the adversary transforms himself into an angel of light so as to look and sound like the real thing being Christ. So it is like the sheeps ears perked up to make sure it truly was their shepherds voice and not the adversaries or stranger.

Anywho, jus something I observed,
Thanks for sharing, love your sister in Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:35 pm 

Thanks everyone for your observations and glad that you enjoyed the video. I wonder if it was a fair test because, as Shelby noted, the other voices were more high pitched, weak, not too serious. I heard a man in the background with a deep voice, and wonder if that would have been the same outcome.

But what I noticed most was that the first sheep that heard and threw his head up, quickly went back to grazing. Then I saw several others do the same, or look to the other sheep. It seemed as though the sheep still wanted to take their cue on what to do about the voice from the sheep at the back. I don't think it was until they started running, that the others decided to run too.

So it made me think about how that applied to Christ's sheep. Is it the same for us? Some of us who are younger in faith and maybe do not hear well will look to the more experienced ones and more follow their lead than the shepherd's voice? And is that okay? Just some things I've been wondering about.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:16 pm 

Quote:
So it made me think about how that applied to Christ's sheep. Is it the same for us? Some of us who are younger in faith and maybe do not hear well will look to the more experienced ones and more follow their lead than the shepherd's voice? And is that okay? Just some things I've been wondering about.[/quote

I think this is a matter that can only be answered by JAH and Christ, dear At (peace to you, dear sister!)... and each individual. For me, my dear Lord's words that "one is your teacher" (Matthew 23:8) and those of John, below, answer that question:

"... as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but the anointing from him is teaching you about all things and is true and is no lie. Just as it has taught you, remain in union with him." 1 John 2:27

There are other verses, but for me, my Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH), is the ONLY One I know, besides the Father, that WILL not EVER lie to me. Ever. Proverbs 8:4-8

For that reason, for myself I would do ALL I could... including asking (Luke 11:13) to be able to hear that One. And to obey when I did hear.

I hope that helps, truly - and, again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:47 am 

Quote:
For that reason, for myself I would do ALL I could... including asking (Luke 11:13) to be able to hear that One. And to obey when I did hear.

I feel like I've gone as far as I am able to go with that.

Quote:
JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH), is the ONLY One I know, besides the Father, that WILL not EVER lie to me. Ever

I agree. So it seems that the few things I was taught as a young person is all that I am to be given directly. That is hard for me, as I have an enquiring mind. Even in first grade, when everyone went out for recess, I was lagging behind to sneak a peek at the second grade readers - I wanted to learn those big words too, like 'rooster' haha.

I feel like a lot of things I've learned in this group are true, but I don't KNOW it, so that I would ever be able to share with others as TRUTH. I know I can only believe what He tells me directly so I don't have much to offer anyone when they ask me questions. I do not have an anointing to teach me all things. So I thought perhaps there was some sort of lesson to be learned from the sheep illustration.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:34 pm 

I know I can only believe what He tells me directly so I don't have much to offer anyone when they ask me questions.

And what He tells YOU directly is what you share. No matter how little you feel it may be. You will find as you share about Him....from Him... you will start to hear more! That is how it works for me at least.

I do not have an anointing to teach me all things. So I thought perhaps there was some sort of lesson to be learned from the sheep illustration.

There were a few things from it to learn. As you just mentioned, you can ONLY TRUST what he tells you directly. So when you do hear from Him don't worry about what others may do or follow. If it is our true masters voice, you will be drawn to look up and follow Him not worrying what the others next to you are doing. Just do! Just so!

Keep seeking, knocking and asking to do His will and to be given ears to hear our Lord Jaheshua and His invitation to, " Come! take lifeswater Free!"

Love, your sister and fellow servant of Chrsit, Kim

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 4:11 pm 

Yes, just as Justmom said... just share as you have been given, when you are able, no matter that you think it is something small. It might not be small to someone else anyway. It might be the perfect sized seed to be planted. Remember what you shared as to when your eyes were opened that the meetings were meant to encourage, and you believed what you had been shown (and that the WTS was not truth); then you obeyed, got up and left, and heard "and you will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free!"?

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2609&hilit=heard+to+get+out

That was a great witness to Christ, that He does call his sheep out, that He does live and speak. Making us a crowd of witnesses to a Living Christ.

(I use it just as an example.)

Peace to you,
your servant and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:11 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

I feel like I've gone as far as I am able to go with that.

I'm not so sure, dear At (peace to you, dear sister!), in light of:

Quote:
Quote:
JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH), is the ONLY One I know, besides the Father, that WILL not EVER lie to me. Ever.

I agree.

Then you agree that he did not lie when he said:

"KEEP asking, KEEP seeking, KEEP knocking... it WILL be opened to you!

... yes?

Do you TRULY believe that, though? If you do... how could you EVER think you've gone as far as you are able/could go... and yet, still be alive [in the flesh]? Is not faith the ASSURED expectation of the thing hoped for?

Something to consider, dear sister.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you and your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ

Shel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 2:40 pm 

Thanks, girls, for the reminders. I feel like one thing I CAN do is ask questions. But I hold back on about 90 percent of what I would like to ask because it seems like I am bothering you or you are irritated that I don't yet hear or feel like I haven't even asked the Lord first. Not saying that's how you feel, but that is the message I sometimes get.

Anyway, I took just about everything I DID know and mailed it off in a letter to my old kingdom hall. Feels great too!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:54 pm 

ataloa wrote:
Thanks, girls, for the reminders. I feel like one thing I CAN do is ask questions. But I hold back on about 90 percent of what I would like to ask because it seems like I am bothering you or you are irritated that I don't yet hear or feel like I haven't even asked the Lord first. Not saying that's how you feel, but that is the message I sometimes get.

Anyway, I took just about everything I DID know and mailed it off in a letter to my old kingdom hall. Feels great too!!!!

Peace to you Ataloa,

Your not bothering anyone dear sis. Irritated that you don't hear well? I think that is something that you personally wish was better and that you at times might be frustrated with your own self.

But we are not irritated. It's not about us or anyone here personally anyways.
Also, as to being encouraged constantly to ask our Lord FIRST, that is for me...and all of us that are seeking him. Not just to you sis.

This way, we hear from " the source" our Lord. This way we don't risk being misled...again as we were in the watchtower. Being reminded to always go to him first fulfills, "KEEP ON knocking, KEEP ON seeking and ASKING, and it will be given you."

So keep on asking. Never feel as you said, " you've gone as far as you can with it." Unless of course that's all you want and that's as far as you want to go. That is your choice of course.

But we love ya, hope this may help and...
Keep seeking, knocking and asking to do His will and to be given ears to hear our Lord Jaheshua and His invitation to, " Come! take lifeswater Free!

Love, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:58 pm 

Quote:
I hold back on about 90 percent of what I would like to ask because it seems like I am bothering you or you are irritated that I don't yet hear or feel like I haven't even asked the Lord first.

I truly apologize if that's how *I* make you... or anyone else.. feel, dear At (peace to you, dear sister!). It is totally not my intent; however, I would be lying if I said I NEVER felt as, say, Paul and many others who had our commission felt at times (1 Corinthians 3:2; Hebrews 5:12 ). As even our dear Lord felt, at times (Mark 9:9 ). NO ONE has total unending patience, not even JAH Himself... and we are puny good for NOTHING servants.

That said, I don't think you should withhold your questions simply because of another's impatience and certainly not because they've responded as to whether you've gone to Christ first. Dear sister, the latter is what we're SUPPOSED to tell you... to direct you to do! Else, we're not just ALLOWING, bit ENCOURAGING you to look at, listen to... COME to... US. Yes? But how would that make us any different than everyone else? And how dangerous not just for you... but for US... would that ultimately be?

The WTBTS doesn't allow questions, save in through the "Questions From The Readers" schtick. But ask one in a meeting? While in field service? Heck, the only time questions are allowed are during a Bible Study... and even then they're limied. AND... it'd better be the study who actually ASKS a question. You, though, Baptized Publisher, better not!

We, here, might ask one, yes... in view of (the amount of) time (they have been "studying" with us) whether they've asked Christ, yes. Even more if they profess to anointed. But where is the error in that? Did not John write:

Quote:
"These things I write you about those who are trying to mislead you. And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you and you do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing FROM HIM is teaching you about ALL things,[i] and [i]is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him."

Should WE not reiterate that truth to ALL dear ones, and particularly to those who profess an anointing? What of the words of JAH Himself, that:

Quote:
"Look! There are days coming and I will conclude with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah a NEW covenant; not one like the covenant that I concluded with their forefathers in the day of my taking hold of their hand to bring them forth out of the land of Egypt, ‘which covenant of mine they themselves broke, although I myself had husbandly ownership of them.

"This is the covenant that I shall conclude with the house of Israel after those days:

I will put my law within them, and in their heart I shall write it. And I will become their God, and they themselves will become my people. And they will no more teach each one his companion and each one his brother, saying, ‘KNOW JaHVeH!’ for they will all of them know me, from the least one of them even to the greatest one of them," Jeremiah 31:31-34

Are we to ignore these things... for the sake of someone's... mmmmm... sensitivities.... or should stick with what is true, while hoping... PRAYING... that such WILL come to fruition for ALL who call upon JAH out a pure heart? And we DO pray for that.

Please tell us... tell ME... just "how" these things should be shared. What words... tone... attitude... delivery... would make a difference... would allow us to share what we do... and NOT slip down the slope of appeasmental and ear tickling? Tell me... and I will try with all of MY might to do it.

But... I don't think it exists, dear, dear sister. Not outside of religion, anyway. There... it is rampant. Even the last bastion of religious "truth,"... the WTBTS... has sold out, compromised it's so-called "integrity"... so as to keep its "loyal" followers. Hell, most of us wouldn't even recognizeTHAT harlot were we to return to HER teat.

More than that, I don't see it when I read Moses... the Psalms... the Prophets. Even my dear Lord's own recorded words.

I cant speak for anyone other than myself, but I am TRULY sorry if MY forthright words depict anything other than an intent to speak the TRUTH. They are not meant to hurt, the are not meant to offend, they are not meant to deride, they are not meant to insult, they are not meant to judge. They are meant to convey one thing and one thing only: the truth... as I receive it FROM the Truth.

And I think you know that that is tge intent of us all, in this city. Well, all here who profess to be of Christ's Body.

I know I've shared a lot here. My "style," if you will - LOLOL! But I think you said a lot in your fewer words and such needed to be addressed. I hope I did so in a way that portrayed love. Real love... for JAH, for Christ, and for YOU... and so free from hypocrisy... and not just lip-service.

Bit my invitation was true: tell me what you need from ME and I will do my utmost to accommodate, to the extent I can... and not compromise MY integrity.

As always, the GREATEST of love and peace to you and may the undeserved kindness and mercy of our God and Father, the MOST HOLY Oneof Israel, JAH of Armies, and the love and peace of His Son, our dear Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJAH) be upon you... and your dear household... to time indefinite.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:50 pm 

ataloa wrote:

That is awesome, Ataloa. I am glad for you that you did it, especially since it was weighing you down.

I am also sorry if I have made you feel as though you should not ask questions. I don't think you should worry too much about how others may occasionally feel about you asking questions or not hearing as well as you would like to hear just yet. We are imperfect, and what Shelby wrote is true: none of us has unending patience. I often marvel how my Lord can have any patience left for me at all - especially when I have to be reminded of things He has already taught me already'. So please do not feel as though anyone wants you to not ask questions... knowing of course to always ask our Lord first. He is the Teacher, after all, and we would be remiss NOT to remind and encourage you (or me, or anyone) to ask Him. If you have not heard the answer to a question from Him just yet, then perhaps it is simply something you cannot yet bear. There are questions I have that I have not received an answer yet... but I know that He will tell me when He knows the time is right.

But don't lose faith or give up during the seeming 'dry spells' (the time between each 'serving' of manna). We are being trained, and part of that training is keeping faith in Christ that He will give us what we need, when we need it. Food at the proper time. So put your faith in Him, and do not be afraid.

Peace and love to you Ataloa, and to yours, as always,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy