xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How's YOUR Day Going?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:53 pm 

May you all have Peace as our Lord provides it.

I came across the following. Of course, it isn't an accurate depiction of our Lord as he appeared or appears (it's between “takes” in the filming of The Passion project), but I thought the photo, with its caption, gives an interesting perspective...

http://i885.photobucket.com/albums/ac60 ... oak5ns.jpg

I hope it serves for as much encouragement to you as it did for me.

Your brother in Christ,

Armand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:17 pm 

Peace to you Armand!

Yes, it does provide encouragement, thank you.

I hope it is okay that I also laughed at the picture. I mean, that is a bit funny (as in ironic funny perhaps), right? To be complaining about your day to someone looking like that?

But yes, He did indeed carry a torture stake... as we are told we must do as well (but I certainly have not to even remotely the same degree as our Lord). He went before us. He suffered. He overcame. He even overcame FOR US; overcoming the world FOR US.

We truly do just have to keep our eyes upon Him, looking at Him, following Him, putting our faith in Him, casting out fear and worry, and leaving it all to Him, including Him being the Way, even in which we are to walk. This is a reminder I recently needed, and what a weight lifted off me that I had not realized I was placing upon myself.

His yoke is LIGHT.

Praise Jah, and our Lord Jaheshua, for the blessing and truth and wisdom and freedom and peace and love that they have given and shown!

Thank you Armand, for giving me the opportunity to speak to these things here.

Peace to you and to your house,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:20 pm 

Oh, and at a second look, as part of the picture as well... He still listens to us! He still helps us so that we are not given more than we can bear, or provide a way out for us. He still grants us His peace as we need.

Just needed to add that.

Peace again to you!
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:58 pm 

Great thoughts, dear Tams (peace, luv!). In addition to those, it reminds me of what is stated at Hebrews 12:4, in regard to our dealing with our own sins:

"In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood."

We might, on the outside, give an appearance of being happy to serve JAH. So many do. We all know that most JWs do (I am reminded of that silly video with everyone running around, clapping and dancing to Pharrell Williams' song Happy - having been one of them once, I know way better that that "happiness" is a crock of... well, ya'll know. Talk about your facades...). Yet, inside, we b*tch, whine, moan, complain, and generally take exception to what we have to do to ["be pleasing to God"]. I can understand it with religion - look at all of the frickin' LAWS they put upon people, the burdens - WHO CAN STAND? Not even those among them who "seat themselves in the seat of Moses." Matthew 23:2-7, 13-36

He is not asking ANYONE, though, to be obedient to the point of giving our lives, shedding out blood, FOR Him or anyone else. He is only asking us to LISTEN to and so follow His Son's voice. And what does that Voice say to us? Go to meetings? Out in field service? Place such and so many publications? Do pennance? Attend confessional? Wear long skirts and coverings on our heads? Stay away from strangers and hang out only with those who think like/believe as you do? Light candles? Wear special robes? Honor certain men and lift up and follow them? Treat your family members poorly, perhaps even deny them, if they don't agree with/think like you do?

WE "suffer" in two ways: one, when we deny our flesh it's desires because we're TRYING to do what is right [in the eyes of God] because we want to LIVE (forever); and because of sin and so death exists IN that flesh, which makes it an enemy of the "man" we TRULY are (on the inside), the spirit being we are... and more so the one we will become.

Christ suffered... for US. For OUR sins. Suffered... by DENYING his flesh what it wanted... so as to be ABLE to give his blood for us. He was without sin in SPIRIT... because he DID listen. And through listening, learned to be obedient (to JAH)... so that he COULD be the One to give his life for us.

Sorry, dear ones, but in my jobs I have listened to a LOT of complaining from a LOT of folks over the years. And still do. It comes with doing what I do. And sometimes, it's just too much for me. In those instances, all I can think is... "babies in Rwanda are dying." Eye-ee... "Really? Do you REALLY have something to complain about?"

The pic dear Armand (peace to you, dear brother, and THANK you for posting that!) shared above takes it a step further for me... beyond those I deal with at work to those I come in contact with for other reasons. Praise JAH, though, we have One who speaks to US and leads US... and about whom we have learned, if we truly have... that IT... IS... NOT... ABOUT... US... and our (often) petty little problems. I do not mean those problems that deserve our attention (i.e., we/someone we love is chronically or perhaps even terminally ill... or even dying/has died). THOSE... are problems. EVERYTHING else, however, is not a problem. NOT... if we truly LISTEN to Christ's words about not being anxious ABOUT ANYTHING... for JAH already knows what we need and will provide it.

Do you BELIEVE that he spoke the TRUTH?

I, personally, can testify that, at least as to me and MY household... he has. What, then, is the point of complaining... about ANYTHING?

Sorry, just having "one of those days." If I told you all the kinds of complaints I get, you'd be hard-pressed to believe it.

Please forgive my candor... and peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:40 pm 

Greetings and peace tp you ALL as well,

Yes, I love the caption even if the pic isn't quite accurate LOL!

And yes, so true. Our problems and issues here are so small. And even when they are not so small, our Lord tells us to "Throw those burdens UPON Him, and he will sustain us." So, he is there to help comfort and give us peace and strength through it.

And I too hear a lot of unnecessary complaints. I heard recently a response to our petty issues that fits so well and I have started using it.
It is when someone complains saying they are grumpy because they didn't have time in traffic to go to Starbucks to get their coffee.
And then try to take it out on me. Really??

I say, "Ooh, such FIRST WORLD problems". And I'm NOT having it today. As Shel says, "Babies are dying in Rwanda"... LOL!

So, thanks for sharing this my brother. And hope everyones day is GREAT!
Love and may our Lords peace be upon you and all your households, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:44 pm 

Quote:
"Ooh, such FIRST WORLD problems".

LOVE it!! Gonna make a sign and put it up in my office - LOLOLOL!

Thanks, dear 'Mom (peace, luv!) for sharing that!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:49 pm 

Wow, this sure does help keep things in perspective!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:10 pm 

FaithafterDeception wrote:
Wow, this sure does help keep things in perspective!!!

Yes it sure does!!!!

Was reminded of that AGAIN today on my way to work LOL!!!

Peace to you, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:04 pm 

That picture is actually actor James Caviezel, who played the role of Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ" (never saw the movie myself). I'm a bit of a fan of his due to his role on "Person of Interest" and didn't know until recently that he was the actor there.