xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:19 pm 

Since Day One, i've shoved the Bible up scientifically-minded people's noses by insisting carbon 14 levels were smaller before the Flood due to a thicker atmosphere (girdle of water blocking cosmic rays from bombarding carbon 12 and turning them into carbon 14) so dating was off by thousands of years, what Science said was 12000 years old was probably only 3000.

Yesterday, it dawned on me to finally PROVE Science wrong using something i thought original, untouched, and no one ever thought about before. Turned out the research had already been done way way WAY back in the 1970's. Radiocarbon dates were compared side by side with Bristlecone tree ring core samples going back thousands of years before the Flood (today's oldest creature is the Bristlecone pine "Methuselah" but beside it lay an even older Bristlecone that fell over eons ago but whose tree rings went through the pre-Flood era and Adam and Eve so the core samples were matched side by side to use for calibrating radiocarbon dating), result --- carbon 14 levels were always relatively steady even before the Flood. The research and tables are summarized in Wikipedia under "dendrochronology" and from there you can branch out to more details under "radiocarbon dating."

My balloon deflated and with it even more of the confidence i had in the "si" Beneficial book's timeline of human history. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is FULL OF CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP! (lowers his head, slouches, walks around holding the limp balloon in his hand) How dare they inflict damage to my inner cerebral sanctum AGES after i've been out of their mind control.

So now what becomes of my support for Maureen Raymo's strontium research depicted in a 1997 PBS special, she'd shown Himalayan levels of strontium isotopes proved a very temperate earth existed thousands of years closer to our time than previously thought, very ground breaking research that earned her global academic accolades and helped solidify my staunch belief in the WTBTS's blue Creation book which i carried around with me everywhere like Linus' security blanket.

More significantly, how can i now reject the radiocarbon dates on pre-Flood dig sites like Varna where huge amounts of gold and fancy weapons were found among the burials of revered war-inclined ancient peoples that pre-dated the Flood and the "si" book's calculated 4026 BCE birth of Adam

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:35 pm 

is it "si" or "it" ... i forget, "All Scripture is Inspired of God and Beneficial for Teaching" so maybe it was the "it" book, whatever, the big thin dark blue book not the two thick green books (which i long ago disregarded for it's highly biased twist on everything despite their cool images)

by the way, in the movie 300 there's a famous scene where a curly haired fellow points to the Spartans and yells back to his fellow Persians in slow motion. Hey. isn't he wearing Jewish armor? In fact King Xerxes really WAS kind and merciful because he saved the Jews from annihilation, something modern Jews celebrate to this day in the Festival of Purim. At the time of Persia's invasion of Greece, Xerxes had only one queen and she was the Jewish girl Esther of whom a Bible book was written. When it came time to go to Greece, one would think the Jews were more than happy to help Xerxes, thus the use of a character bearing Jewish weaponry and armor. Or were the movie makers just using whatever props were available there in Montreal green screen studios

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:21 pm 

Interesting. I haven't given much thought to the radiocarbon dating, though I knew WTBTS didn't trust it.

It's "si". "it" is the Insight volumes. The "si" book is now officially out of print. That book does have something VERY valuable in it (to me anyway.) On pages 308 and 309, there's two charts that depict the sources for the translation of the NWT (one for the Hebrew Scriptures, one for the Greek.)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:40 pm 

Carbon dating has always been viewed as an acceptable benchmark to date anything BUT it should be noted that very rarely is it the ONLY thing used.
Typically science requires more than one line of evidence to = "proof" or at least to state a valid conclusion.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:43 pm 

thanks LQ, in a way i'm glad i can't remember the old abbreviations. Such minute memorized details were a daily part of my existence but now it really does feel like the yoke is no longer on my shoulders (and i KNOW Christ is applauding), the yoke of many Pharisaic box-on-the-forehead rules i followed not realizing the elders felt privileged and followed none themselves. My Bible Studies were the ones who pointed out the double standards yet i blindly forgave the elders each time. Bah! i now have zero doubts about radiocarbon's value after seeing the graph of carbon-14 levels in each Bristlecone tree ring. The levels were uniform and stable, so EVERY radiocarbon dated object out there has an accurate date, and EVERY sentence word and letter of any alphabet uttered by the Watchtower --- IS A LIE. I could not say that to myself so emphatically before this week because the Watchtower had done such a splendid job of brainwashing me into complete and total trust in their own "science."

Thanks Paul, my confidence in glacier core samples shot up with the Bristlecone tree rings having been used by scientists to (in their own words) "calibrate" radiocarbon dating. Clearly, every bone and artifact and ancient structure unearthed from thousands of years BEFORE Adam's supposed birth in 4026 BCE (as calculated by the nuts at Watchtower) show God's unwillingness to impart knowledge to us beyond what our primitive emotions are capable of accepting at the time. God will never show us how to ignite gas planets, God will never show us how to end Alzheimers the human science way (our childish understanding of manipulating genes will sprout ten new malignant side effects for every one solved as already happened with genetically modified foods), God will never show us how to resuscitate the dead (though we imagine we can on tv), and God will never give us more details about Noah's Day pre-Flood human civilizations than what we already have been given in Genesis. Such withholding of information is not denying us, it's just a simplification, like explaining a CF-104 Starfighter (an advanced but unwieldy Canadian jet fighter) to a primitive person as "a thunderbird." We cannot even cure the common cold, so i see no reason to trust us humans with anything beyond the simple. i love my archaeology and searching for more sites that verify Biblical events, but i know mankind will never be given the chance to view all of human history. Not at this time, not in this era of human development anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:46 pm 

Quote:
Not at this time, not in this era of human development anyway.

I agree, dear Wheels (peace to you, luv!), at least to some extent. Given all that has been shared with ME over the last two decades, but just a important, all that has NOT... I TOTALLY get my dear Lord's words:

[color=#000FF]"I have many things to tell you but you are not able to bear them (yet)]." [/color]

The things shared thus far are mind-blowing (to me). BUT they are also "scientific" (to the extent that word means "provable"). Because they ARE provable. Just not through the (VERY) limited thinking... and the even more primitive and inept tools... we have at THIS point.

Sadly (or maybe not), we will never be able to catch up. Praise JAH... we don't HAVE to. Well, not on our own. Because someone's coming BACK... to get us and speed us FORWARD. To HIS day. By giving us HIS flesh and HIS bone, the "WHITE robe" that is the spirit body!

SO hard, isn't it sometimes, not to "crave" that day - LOLOL!

Peace to you and glad to here yet another set of links have been removed from the WTBTS chains that have been binding YOU!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:35 am 

WheelocksLatin wrote:
thanks LQ, in a way i'm glad i can't remember the old abbreviations. Such minute memorized details were a daily part of my existence but now it really does feel like the yoke is no longer on my shoulders (and i KNOW Christ is applauding), the yoke of many Pharisaic box-on-the-forehead rules i followed not realizing the elders felt privileged and followed none themselves. My Bible Studies were the ones who pointed out the double standards yet i blindly forgave the elders each time. Bah! i now have zero doubts about radiocarbon's value after seeing the graph of carbon-14 levels in each Bristlecone tree ring. The levels were uniform and stable, so EVERY radiocarbon dated object out there has an accurate date, and EVERY sentence word and letter of any alphabet uttered by the Watchtower --- IS A LIE. I could not say that to myself so emphatically before this week because the Watchtower had done such a splendid job of brainwashing me into complete and total trust in their own "science."

Thanks Paul, my confidence in glacier core samples shot up with the Bristlecone tree rings having been used by scientists to (in their own words) "calibrate" radiocarbon dating. Clearly, every bone and artifact and ancient structure unearthed from thousands of years BEFORE Adam's supposed birth in 4026 BCE (as calculated by the nuts at Watchtower) show God's unwillingness to impart knowledge to us beyond what our primitive emotions are capable of accepting at the time. God will never show us how to ignite gas planets, God will never show us how to end Alzheimers the human science way (our childish understanding of manipulating genes will sprout ten new malignant side effects for every one solved as already happened with genetically modified foods), God will never show us how to resuscitate the dead (though we imagine we can on tv), and God will never give us more details about Noah's Day pre-Flood human civilizations than what we already have been given in Genesis. Such withholding of information is not denying us, it's just a simplification, like explaining a CF-104 Starfighter (an advanced but unwieldy Canadian jet fighter) to a primitive person as "a thunderbird." We cannot even cure the common cold, so i see no reason to trust us humans with anything beyond the simple. i love my archaeology and searching for more sites that verify Biblical events, but i know mankind will never be given the chance to view all of human history. Not at this time, not in this era of human development anyway.

The whole dating of the birth of Adam wasn't from the WT, it was from an archbishop, James Ussher.
He did that by calculating the ages and lineages in the bible.
Of course he was wrong because his understanding of the lineage ages was wrong but this one we can't blame on the WT, other than they have accepted it.
Even IF the lineages ages in the OT were 100% correct, what we need to remember is that they are counted from when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden in Eden and do not take into account how long they were in Eden since their creation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:33 pm 

Quote:
Even IF the lineages ages in the OT were 100% correct, what we need to remember is that they are counted from when Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden in Eden and do not take into account how long they were in Eden since their creation.

Interesting, dear P (peace to you, dear brother!). Sort of suggests that "time" didn't begin until they were cast out. Which, I gotta say, COULD make sense... IF we were to "count" time NOT as having started with creation... but with DEATH. I mean, if nothing/no one DIES... how do you measure a LIFEspan? It has no end.

BUT, if you can put an END point on a life, a "stopping" point... then you can actually measure the lifeSPAN.

Hmmmmm...

Only my musings but THANKS for giving me something to muse about - LOLOL!

Peace to you (and to your dear household)!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:57 am 

AGuest wrote:
Quote:

Interesting, dear P (peace to you, dear brother!). Sort of suggests that "time" didn't begin until they were cast out. Which, I gotta say, COULD make sense... IF we were to "count" time NOT as having started with creation... but with DEATH. I mean, if nothing/no one DIES... how do you measure a LIFEspan? It has no end.

BUT, if you can put an END point on a life, a "stopping" point... then you can actually measure the lifeSPAN.

Hmmmmm...

Only my musings but THANKS for giving me something to muse about - LOLOL!

Peace to you (and to your dear household)!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

Genesis 1 and 2 appear to give us two creation accounts.
One for the world in general and one for the garden in Eden in specific.
Even the creation order is different.

It is quite possible that Adam and Eve existed in Eden for centuries or millenniums as the rest of the world "evolved" around them.
When they were banished is when the accounted lineage of Adam and Eve started.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:31 pm 

Peace to you all!

Perhaps I could share some of my 'musings' on the topic of time, Adam and Eve, sin and death, evolution... and some of what I also heard as I mused?

Because I have always wondered how it is possible that the world could have been evolving, how animals and species could be dying off BEFORE man even existed (in the world), if death did not enter the world until Adam sold the world and granted Death/death access into the world. (and I assumed the effects of his having subjected the world to death did not take place until Adam himself was cast out of the garden and into the physical world).

How could creatures in the world have died (all those up to man)... if death did not enter the world until Adam? Providing the science is correct, evolution states that many species had come and gone before homo sapiens even appeared. Plus, Adam and Eve did not come into being by evolving.

Years back, my aunt had said to me that the only thing she could not get behind with regard to a literal Adam and Eve, was that this account conflicted with science and evolution. I had said to her that while I did not know the truth on the matter, I could present a possible solution to this dilemma: that God took a homo-something or other of the world, breathed life into that person so that this person became the living being (Adam). I know now that this is not accurate, however, because Adam was created from the dust. The first man; not just the first man aware of God. The flesh, however, the long garment of skin given to Adam and Eve... that may be another matter. I think I remember that Shelby once mused that perhaps God took the long garment of skin (this flesh with its blood) from some kind of flesh already in the world, and gave that to Adam and Eve.

That makes sense to me for a couple of reasons:

A - it shows how our flesh can share 'information, appearance, codes, etc' with other flesh of the world. How we could appear closely related to, or evolved from other homo species. All flesh in this world shares a common ancestor, as well as links between other/former species. So the similarities are 'skin deep' so to speak, because the flesh is of this world. So I can understand why science would state that man is no different than any other creature on the earth. Because his flesh is not different... and science deals only with what it can SEE.

B - our flesh (the long garment of skin) has sin and death in it. If it was taken from the world after death entered the world, then it would have sin and death in it. I am not sure I am understanding this part completely though.

I digress.

My personal dilemma was really about: How could there have been no death in the world until after Adam? Since I did not know the answer, I just set that dilemma aside, considering that perhaps something about the timing needed to be explained; that perhaps what is a very short time in the spiritual realm, spans a greater time period in the physical realm. I knew there was an answer, and I knew that Christ will reveal the truth if/when I/we should know or are able to bear what He would have to teach us. In the meantime, I figured there was something off about the timing.

So one day I was thinking about this, about the timing, about evolution, about how death could be in the world before man, and my Lord asked me a question (as He often does, to help me think, to reason, to see). He asked me how much time passed between when Adam and Eve ate, to when Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden?

This just opened up so much for me. I had previously assumed that death came into the world with Adam and Eve: when they were cast OUT OF the garden. I had not considered that Death had entered the world before they were cast out. And if Death had access to the world from the moment the deal was struck, and Adam subjected all life in the world to death, then the physical realm (and the life in it) could have been changing while Adam and Eve were still IN the Garden.

First the deal was made, the tree eaten from, they made their own coverings for their nakedness, they hid from God, God 'discovered' what they had done, God made His pronouncements, God made and gave them the long garment of skin, God cast them out of the spiritual realm and into the physical realm.

How much time passed during all of that?

You guys might already have known this. I did not, however. Since this thread is mentioning timing, I just thought I should share that with you all. I apologize if there are rambling parts!

Peace to you!

your servant, sister, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:53 pm 

It is quite possible that Adam and Eve existed in Eden for centuries or millenniums as the rest of the world "evolved" around them.

Perhaps, dear P (peace to you!). There is another possibility that I will share in moment, though...

Quote:
I think I remember that Shelby once mused that perhaps God took the long garment of skin (this flesh with its blood) from some kind of flesh already in the world, and gave that to Adam and Eve.

I'm not sure I mused that, dear Tams (peace to you, as well!). I believe I mused that some THINK that, that Adham/Eve were given the skins of another kind of flesh (in fact, that is the foremost teaching, that JAH gave them animal skins!... but if that were the case then that other kind... animal... had to die FIRST... right... so that Adham/Eve could have IT'S flesh? Which, of course, could be the case, since by that time Adham HAD let Death in. But then, JAH would have had to kill the animal. Which, of course, would have been a "sacrifice"... but if THAT was so, then Adham/Eve's sin was "atoned" for. In which case, they would not have had to die: the sin was cleansed. But that was not the case - they still died.

Even so... let's say an animal was killed to atone TEMPORARILY (as was the case with Israel) versus eternally (Christ being the sacrifical atonement for eternal death)... it wasn't the nakedness of their FLESH that was an issue. I mean, who cared?? What was EXPOSED was the nakedness of their HEARTS/SPIRITS:

Job 10:11; 40:10
Psalm 30:11; 35:26; 73:6; 104:1; 109:29; 132:9, 16, 18
Isaiah 47:3; 52:1; 61:10
Nahum 3:5
Habbakkuk 2:16
Matthew 17:2
Luke 24:49
Acts 10:30
Romans 13:14
1 Corinthians 15:53, 54
2 Corinthians 5:2-4
Galatians 3:27
1 Peter 5:5
Revelation 3:4,5, 17, 18; 12:1; 16:15

(Look 'em ALL up - I think you'll find what they say quite interesting.)

My understanding, though, is that Adham was taken from the dust OUTSIDE the garden - hence, he had flesh like ours ("From the dust you are and to dust you will return") - BUT... when JAH blew HIS life/breath/blood INTO the (vessel that was) Adham, that vessel was CHANGED. Was given a "white robe" or SPIRIT body (like WE will be - 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52)... so that it could be PUT inside the garden (which is part of the SPIRIT realm - hence, the cherubs blocking entry - Genesis 3:24; Ezekiel 10:19; 11:1; 42:15; 43:1-4; 41:1; Ezekiel 46:1; Revelation 21:12). Remember, Adham's MOTHER was "Hagar/Earth" so he HAD to have a PHYSICAL body (first). As Christ did, when he came through Mary - THAT is what made him and Adham EQUAL.

And, LIKE Christ, Adham could put OFF that "robe" and go OUT, too - whenever he chose. He just had to go through Christ... the "Door"... when he wanted to get back IN. Because that is what/who would give him the "WHITE robe" so that he COULD go back IN. John 10:9

Quote:
He asked me how much time passed between when Adam and Eve ate, to when Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden?

Quote:
I am sure that the "time" was not as we measure it today, so it could have been a great deal of time, by our (current) standards.

What, though... and this is what I was eluding to above, with dear P... if time has actually SPEEDED UP? Not in terms of second, minutes, etc., but as in how we fast-forward a movie? What if... after the initial coming forth of the light (big bang?)... the time CHANGES... with the trajectory of the expanding universe? What if, say, the first "qua-billion" years of the universe's AGING... actually took place in a much shorter time period?

What I mean is, let's say we find a tree that, for all intents and purposes... and carbon dating... APPEARS to be, say, 100k years old... but in TRUTH is only 1/10th of that time old? What if the speed at which the universe is "expanding" times the speed at which our galaxy is moving... times the speed at which our solar system is moving... times the speed at which our plant revolves (daily and around the sun)... AGES things? Such that something that lived, say, 100,000 years (by OUR "dating" methods) was ACTUALLY only in existence for, say, 1,000 years? And something that lived, say, 5,000 years (by our "dating" methods), actually only lived, say, 500 years?

We really only measure time as it relates, first, to this planet. But that's because it's all we are truly familiar with. What, though, if there is a time that exceeds this plant, this solar system, this galaxy... this universe... if MEASURED pursuant to the time constraints of this world, would show that while our planet APPEARS to be 4.80 gazillion years old... it's actually a mere fraction of that?

A kind of universal "progeria"?

Something to consider. S'all I'm sayin'.

Gotta get back to work.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:20 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I think I remember that Shelby once mused that perhaps God took the long garment of skin (this flesh with its blood) from some kind of flesh already in the world, and gave that to Adam and Eve.

I'm not sure I mused that, dear Tams (peace to you, as well!). I believe I mused that some THINK that, that Adham/Eve were given the skins of another kind of flesh (in fact, that is the foremost teaching, that JAH gave them animal skins!.

Oh, I apologize. That is not what I meant. Only that the kind of flesh (long garment of skin) could have been taken from the world. Not that another creature was killed to take their skin and give it to Adam and Eve. There is also nothing in the account to suggest such a thing. God fashioned (made) the long garment of skin for Adam and Eve.

I had not considered that it was the same flesh they had before being given the breath of life... because that flesh did not have sin and death in it (yet).

I will take a look through those verses that you posted. Just wanted to clarify that I did not mean that God had taken animal skins to cover them with clothing. Only that their flesh was fashioned from this world... and so of course it shares characteristics with other flesh of this world.

Sorry if I caused anyone any confusion with that.

Quote:
My understanding, though, is that Adham was taken from the dust OUTSIDE the garden - hence, he had flesh like ours ("From the dust you are and to dust you will return") - BUT... when JAH blew HIS life/breath/blood INTO the (vessel that was) Adham, that vessel was CHANGED. Was given a "white robe" or SPIRIT body (like WE will be - 1 Corinthians 15:51, 52)... so that it could be PUT inside the garden (which is part of the SPIRIT realm - hence, the cherubs blocking entry - Genesis 3:24; Ezekiel 10:19; 11:1; 42:15; 43:1-4; 41:1; Ezekiel 46:1; Revelation 21:12). Remember, Adham's MOTHER was "Hagar/Earth" so he HAD to have a PHYSICAL body (first). As Christ did, when he came through Mary - THAT is what made him and Adham EQUAL.

And, LIKE Christ, Adham could put OFF that "robe" and go OUT, too - whenever he chose. He just had to go through Christ... the "Door"... when he wanted to get back IN. Because that is what/who would give him the "WHITE robe" so that he COULD go back IN. John 10:9

Yes, this is my understanding as well. But I had thought, perhaps in error, that the flesh he had before the white robe was not exactly the same as the flesh (garment of skin) with sin and death in it.

Quote:
Quote:
He asked me how much time passed between when Adam and Eve ate, to when Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden?

Quote:
I am sure that the "time" was not as we measure it today, so it could have been a great deal of time, by our (current) standards.

What, though... and this is what I was eluding to above, with dear P... if time has actually SPEEDED UP? Not in terms of second, minutes, etc., but as in how we fast-forward a movie? What if... after the initial coming forth of the light (big bang?)... the time CHANGES... with the trajectory of the expanding universe? What if, say, the first "qua-billion" years of the universe's AGING... actually took place in a much shorter time period?

What I mean is, let's say we find a tree that, for all intents and purposes... and carbon dating... APPEARS to be, say, 100k years old... but in TRUTH is only 1/10th of that time old? What if the speed at which the universe is "expanding" times the speed at which our galaxy is moving... times the speed at which our solar system is moving... times the speed at which our plant revolves (daily and around the sun)... AGES things? Such that something that lived, say, 100,000 years (by OUR "dating" methods) was ACTUALLY only in existence for, say, 1,000 years? And something that lived, say, 5,000 years (by our "dating" methods), actually only lived, say, 500 years?

We really only measure time as it relates, first, to this planet. But that's because it's all we are truly familiar with. What, though, if there is a time that exceeds this plant, this solar system, this galaxy... this universe... if MEASURED pursuant to the time constraints of this world, would show that while our planet APPEARS to be 4.80 gazillion years old... it's actually a mere fraction of that?

A kind of universal "progeria"?

Something to consider. S'all I'm sayin'.

Gotta get back to work.

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

[/quote]

I see what you are saying. The progeria example helped. Because in one year (by our standard) that child's body ages, I don't know, maybe ten years. So the child shows the physical signs aging a lifetime, but in what has actually only been ten years.

Time moving within time, sort of. Just like fast forwarding a movie, as you said. Now that is very interesting.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20029424

Quote:
Progeria (pro-JEER-e-uh), also known as Hutchinson-Gilford syndrome, is an extremely rare, progressive genetic disorder that causes children to age rapidly, beginning in their first two years of life.

Children with progeria generally appear normal at birth. During the first year, signs and symptoms, such as slow growth and hair loss, begin to appear.

Heart problems or strokes are the eventual cause of death in most children with progeria. The average life expectancy for a child with progeria is about 13 years, but some with the disease die younger and some live 20 years or longer.

Peace again to you, and to your household, and to you all,
your servant, sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:36 pm 

Fascinating!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:32 pm 

Holy cow, you guys. Shelby you have ventured into Relativity. Black Hole time would be slower than our time, but if Eden was in Black Hole time then indeed the world outside Eden would experience millenia as Adam sips his morning dew.

Tammy, death must have existed ages before Adam as every elephant trampled ants just by foraging for plants. Even the fossil records show not one but REPEATED mass extinctions predating Adam. Your musings on this were like a pinball dinging all manner of excited bells in my head. Keep "rambling," guys!

All scripture seems relative to human eyes, just as the commandment "thou shall not kill" actually meant "thou shall not kill Jews" since the people who were given this commandment went on to commit genocide in the land of Canaan. Likewise the accounts in Genesis were given in terms humans could understand. At this point, my robotic training by the Society's blue "Creation" book would have me say the sun existed long before light could break through the dense Venus-like atmosphere, then when the gases dissipated to yield atmospheric composition closer to today's thinner air, light hit Earth's surface, and then there was light -- from the point of view of someone standing on the surface...BUT since all Watchtower is CRAAAAAAAP and inspired by Satan, I will attribute that analysis to science

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:54 pm 

I remember the Watchtower often bringing up the story of Adam being presented with animals to find his bride before God's assistants gave up and God created Eve. Then... that's it. The Watchtower never went further, never went on to say we could all have been centaurs, goat-footed fawns, or mermaids. While we humans have no problem with grafting different plants onto another, the opportunity for inter-species DNA mixing ended with Eve's creation. Some really magnificent Nova programs showed human fetus development as DNA switches activated. Had a switch not activated, that same fetus would have been born more reptilian. We have many MANY DNA switches that are EXACTLY the same as other species, but our right to alter this ended long ago.