xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 pm 

OMG... just checked FB (peace to you, dear lady!) and saw you had a birthday (Oct. 9th). Wait... maybe I didn't miss it. Somehow I recall apologizing for (maybe) missing it. I dunno - I tend to miss all of the "special" days in folks' lives - I just can't keep track. I just hope folks know I love them... EVERY day - LOLOL!

Anyway, in case I DID forget:

HAPPY YOUR DAY, dear ZOE!

Hope it was LOVELY!! (Somehow I recall something about John making it special - aw, well, "they" say the mind is [one of] the first things to "go"...)

PEACE!!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:19 am 

Thank Shelby, I had a great birthday. I hate being older but I do love being pampered and getting special attention on that one day. Its my day and I embrace it. I think that's because I grew up as a JW and my parents were really strict about the belief that we should not give individuals special attention and all the Glory should go to Jehovah. They maybe bought me 3 presents in my life but of course not on special occasions because JW's don't have any special occasions other than weddings, anniverseries and the Memorial.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:51 am 

Zoe wrote:
Thank Shelby, I had a great birthday. I hate being older but I do love being pampered and getting special attention on that one day. Its my day and I embrace it. I think that's because I grew up as a JW and my parents were really strict about the belief that we should not give individuals special attention and all the Glory should go to Jehovah. They maybe bought me 3 presents in my life but of course not on special occasions because JW's don't have any special occasions other than weddings, anniverseries and the Memorial.

Yes, Zoe I'm glad you are able to enjoy YOUR day with no guilt! Enjoy the pampering and hope you and family are hanging in there.

Love and peace to you, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 am 

Y'know, dear Zoe (peace, luv!)... as someone who can't keep up with birthdays, anniversaries (not even my OWN, which is why it's on my son's birthday - the one triggers my memory as to the other, but last year I forgot BOTH - LOLOL!), holidays, etc., I can see how the JW take on such days can be very convenient - again, it was one of the things that attracted me (WHEW! Don't have to remember all those DAYS!!).

That said, I also think many who are naturally "small-hearted" relish the doctrine, too. Easy way to get out of spending money... time... on someone else. Don't even have to make an excuse/apologize - nothing "missed."

I am TRULY sorry your parents weren't more generous with you on NON-JW-taboo days, though. No excuse for that, IMHO. I mean, how can you say you "love Jehovah", and yet IGNORE what "he" says about children? (Psalm 127:3 - Although, of course, the WTBTS use of the Hebrew word "ben" used in that verse to denote solely "sons"... versus "children"... although the word is used for "children" at least 1,568 times in the Hebrew Scriptures... isn't surprising. Their entire religion stands on misogynistic tenets, including their prohibition against women serving as "ministerial servants", in stark contrast to the FACT that women served as such during the first century (i.e., Phoebe, Lydia, Priscilla, Joanna, etc.). They point fingers at the RCC, yet push the same melarkey.).

Your poor uber-ensconced and super-mentally/spiritually enslaved parents probably thought that showing any (additional) attention to a GIRL was, well, just a no-no. They were wrong and so I apologize to you, on their behalf. They should have had enough NATURAL AFFECTION to have known better. Please... forgive them... because I really believe they didn't TRULY know what they were doing.

Peace to you, dear one!

YSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:37 pm 

Happy belated Birthday dear Zoe! Sorry I missed it.

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:13 am 

Thanks everyone for the Birthday greetings and Shelby I do forgive my parents for their misguided ways when I was a child. They thought they were doing the right thing and their hearts were not wicked.