xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Conquering Fear
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:23 am 

Fear is a punishment itself, isn't it? It can be so debilitating sometimes, especially when it comes right out of the blue. Think one wrong little thought, remember one horrific experience, and it can lay you out physically, just as surely as a round with Mike Tyson.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:18 am 

Funny you should post that today Ataloa. I had a nasty fall on Friday night fell flat on my face and spent the night in A&E (ER). Nothing broken but an enormous very black eye and a couple of stitches in my eyebrow. Am ok just a little sore but I do look like I've been in the ring with Tyson lol.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:55 pm 

Loz wrote:
Funny you should post that today Ataloa. I had a nasty fall on Friday night fell flat on my face and spent the night in A&E (ER). Nothing broken but an enormous very black eye and a couple of stitches in my eyebrow. Am ok just a little sore but I do look like I've been in the ring with Tyson lol.

Loz x

Ooh my dear Loz,

I am so sooooo sorry to hear this. Wow! Nothing broken is a good thing, especially as we get older but i am so sorry for the pain you are having.

I feel about three years ago, didn't break anythig either, heard my jaw crack and my eye looked I was in the ring myself, but my poor back has never been the same. But no breakage so I'll count my blessings.
It will take a long time so please take it easy my sister. I wish I was there so I could personally minister to you. My love and spirit is wishing you peace and comfort from our Lord during this time of healing.

Love and peace to you all this evening, your sister and fellow servant of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:25 am 

Ouch Loz. You should take a picture and maybe frame it with some sassy one-liner, lol. That is what I would do. Outlaw could probably come up with something clever.

I am sorry that you are in pain though. So yes, take care of yourself, and take it easy so your body can heal.

Peace and love to you,
your sister, and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:59 am 

Thank you both for your kind words. I'm doing ok, dizziness and nausea has eased now. I took a pic yesterday but I can't manage to post pics here currently Tammy. I used to upload them to Snapfish and copy the properties but can't seem to do that anymore?

Loz x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:18 am 

Oh no, Loz! Hope you have a quick recovery.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:54 pm 

Yes, OUCH, dear Loz (peace, luv!), especially if you look anything like dear 'Mom (peace, chikken!) did when she fell. OMG. Good thing I knew her... and hubby. Because she looked like a textbook battered wife. Hubby is one of the gentlest men I know, though - ya'll should see him with my girl puppies - LOLOL! Well, LouLou and Ollie, too. Kind, tender... so I know he couldn't have done it. But man oh man, not sure the cops would'a believed it - LOLOL!

Sorry, my brother (peace to you, too, sweetie) but you know what I'm sayin' LOL!

Take care of you, dear Loz. In this and every other thing.

Peace to ALL ya'll!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:37 pm 

Good morning and peace to you ALL,

Was looking for an actual thread and starting skimming through....

Came across many wonderful subjects as always but wanted to bump this thread as I appreciate the sharing on here even more these days.

Loved dear Armandos conversation ( peace brother) with our Lord on "How does one conquer fear?" Our Lord shared,

"To Love Me More."

And truly appreciated this illustration that our Lord gave Shelby ( peace to you my sister)

How can one love more than one fears, though (peace to you, all!)? If you're pondering this, think of it this way:

Imagine yourself out somewhere with your husband/wife. Suddenly, a man runs up, snatches your loved one, tells you he has a gun (he doesn't really, but you don't know that) and that he's taking your spouse with him. What do you do? Stand there in fear, scared to move because he just might have a gun? Or do you kick into gear and think "I don't give a flip WHAT you (say you) have, you ain't takin' MY sweetie!" and go for his face? Do you let your fear paralyze you... so that stand there, helpless, while the man runs off with dear hubby/wifey?

Or do you let your LOVE... for your husband/wife... overcome that fear and move you to ACT, pulling out all of your Superman/woman "moves" and taking that fool DOWN? ("Yeah, THAT'LL show you not to mess wit' MY Boo!")

What if you knew the man didn't really have a gun, but, well, just looked "pretty strong"? Would you tackle him? Or would you be like, hey, hubby's a man, he can take care of himself? Or "Shoot, Wifey's stronger'n me! He don't know what he's gotten himself into - she won't let him drag her off!" and so just stand there, waiting to see what will actually happen?

Well, the Adversary is that "man"... as are all of the people we LET paralyze us... with fear. They SAY they have a "gun" (persecution, pain, illness, loss of income, loss of home, shunning, disfellowshipping, treating us poorly, etc.), but do they REALLY? What if you KNEW they DIDN'T? Didn't have the "power" they CLAIM to have? Would you still just stand there?

OR... would your LOVE move you to act, face DOWN the "man"... and not only hold onto your husband or wife... or child (because that's an even better analogy)... but also your dignity AND your integrity?

Something to consider, dear ones. Who DO you love? More. Are you SURE?

Peace to you all!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

FEAR truly IS paralyzing!

Fear is something I need to work on every single day! Baggage? YES! Pride? Yes! Lack of Faith? YES! Is it absolutely ridiculous? Of course it is, especially knowing what I have come to know over these years. I wish I could say that I have with our Lord conquered this. I have not! But I can not give up. I have no choice because of the one I belong to and what I know him to be. And I want to be more like him every single day!

I have, need, and beg our Lord to....Make me do His Will! Make me more obedient! Make me more merciful! Make me more compassionate! Make me more kind! Make me more forgiving! All of our Lords qualities that he has already SHOWN us that He IS!

Fear is a dark crippling energy! And it is so disrespectful and a lack of love towards our Lord JAHeshua.

But Love ( and loving.....MORE)...is the most powerful energy there is in the universe! And I want to put more of it out there. With it will come MORE mercy, compassion, forgiveness, kindness, joy, peace and all fruits of the spirit. These are a result of a perfect love!

But I know that the only energy that prevents this is....FEAR!

I just want to share a revealing ( again) that my lord has shown me that is IN me. I pray for his continued patience that I do not deserve.

I love you all and hope that it may help any one else who may be battling with fear to keep pushing, keep listening and especially obeying ( doing what He says not what we want). To keep asking for eyes and ears to hear The Holy Spirit which IS our Lord when he tells us that His water, the water of life that flows from Him...which is Holy Spirit...is FREE!

Love to you ALL and may the peace of our Lord be with you and your household for all eternity,
Your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:59 pm 

Thank you, dear Kim, for sharing your truth... and peace to you, luv - indeed, may you ALL have peace!

Please note, that when our dear Lord said to dear Armand (peace to you, dear brother!)... he wasn't just saying to love him more. As in increase your love for him. Please note that although I shared:

Quote:
You will notice, he did not include husband or wife. Why do you think that is? We can know: because a husband and wife are ONE, in JAH's eyes, and thus in Christ's. And so we can KNOW that if we follow HIM... the "other half" of our flesh will, TOO, to the extent that person considers themselves indeed our other half (they may not but may, unfortunately, allow themselves to be used by the Adversary as yet another source of opposition - Job 2:9

And so just before that he also said:

"I have come to turn
a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.
" Matthew 10:35, 36; Micah 7:5-7

He did NOT say he came to turn a man against his wife... or wife against her husband.

and such is TRUE... he actually meant that we must love HIM... MORE... than we love ANYONE else! Hence, even having greater love for one's spouse than for him can be detrimental, as well, for Luke wrote:

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:26

I did not include Luke's version at that and I don't know why except perhaps because of the word "hate". The Greek word, miseo, does mean "hate," "despise," "detest," etc., but in a negative connotation. I thought there were some who truly wouldn't grasp what was meant and either treat their spouses poorly or perhaps even turn away.

But that is not what our dear Lord meant, indeed, it couldn't have been and we should know it for as Paul asked, what man hates his own flesh? Of course, there are men that DO hate themselves... and project that self-hatred onto their wives, yes... but not a man joined to Christ. For Christ showed us how to "walk" and love wouldn't allow such conduct.

But that is what the copyists thought he meant (due to their own view of women - remember, Jews of that time didn't well-regard women and the Romans even less, unless they were pregnant, due to their worship of fertility/motherhood). And so, they misinterpreted him so that they could teach it... and for those who "hate" themselves AND/OR their wives, it's actually quite convenient (which is why so many so-called "christian" men... who are not but really just insecure in themselves for some reason... have treated their wives horribly - like children or worse, sometimes even worse than dogs! - over the millenia since our dear Lord was here. Add this to what Paul wrote and men misinterpreted, misunderstood, misused... and what value could a wife EVER have to a "man of Christ"???

If any of these knew our dear Lord, though, they would know that what Luke wrote (and our dear Lord meant) was the same as what Matthew was saying: in essence, if we love ANYONE more than we love him, we are not worthy of him. If we claim to be following him, coming to him, and we love ANYONE... MORE... than we love him, then we're not really his disciple. We "cannot" be.

And, this is one reason why women weren't (couldn't be) chosen as apostles (something I asked a very long time ago, due to the verse about the women being "a large army" - but why not apostles??) - because in our need to BE "loved" we will (usually) put our husbands and children above everybody and everything else. Well, most of us (there are some women who have no natural affection, even for their own children). And so, given the Roman occupation, the risk was just too great - if brother would deliver up brother, imagine what a sister would do, if her children were threatened!

But the bottom line is who DO you love... and are you SURE? If you are sure, then that love would be the same for Christ as I shared with regard to someone "attacking" our loved one (husband, child, etc.). Do you freeze and let him (Christ) be attacked... because of your fear ("Well, I know what they said is not TRUE, but, well... what can "I" say?")... or do you call upon your love... and your faith... and fight the Attacker?

Is it important? Depends on how you understand Revelation 21:8.

Peace to you all and to your dear households (and missing dear Ataloa!) -

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:42 pm 

He actually meant that we must love HIM... MORE... than we love ANYONE else!

Yes to this and thank you!

Peace to you as well my sister,
Your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:44 am 

Good Morning and thank you Kim and Shelby for reviving this thread and subject.

Definitely FEAR is a terrible thing, I have experienced it many times in spiritual matters. It shocked me that I had the fear. LOVE conquers all and yet it is so difficult to learn complete love and to be loyal. This thread reminds us of these things and helps reinforce the need to focus on our LORD. I certainly have slid backwards since my hospital stay and health issues, I was trying to trust in our Lord to help me through it and then I just got tired of not hearing answers to my prayers and just focused on ME instead of our Lord. On reflection I realize my prayers were all about ME, selfish, I didn't have love for others and for Christ and I didn't get it yet. Now I have to climb back up again.

Peace and Love to you all here.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:41 pm 

Christ told us rather to fear 'the one who could kill our body and soul in Gehenna' which referred to the Most Holy one, Jahveh. Do I fear Him? Well, I fear hurting Him, disappointing Him, betraying Him, offending Him...that's because I love Him and my love for Him was and is prompted by how much He loved/loves me. Anyone who loves me THAT much deserves my love and my wholesome fear.

When I keep the above in the forefront of my mind, there is no room for fearing anyone else. So I try hard not to let any other fears distract me. It's not always easy but I keep trying, and pray that I always will.

I hope that helps?

Peace and love to all

Your servant, sister & fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:05 pm 

That IS helpful, dear Loz (peace to you, dear sister!) and I share those sentiments!