xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ding-Dong-Ditch (Not!)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:05 pm 

Peace, everyone.

Yesterday, after arriving home from work, my wife took our puppies out for a long walk, and I proceeded to prepare their dinner and set it out for the puppies, as well as get my own. After eating, I sat down to watch a bit of TV and suddenly the doorbell rings LOUD and CLEAR. We have chimes with a certain melody that rings (even annoying sometimes). I got up immediately and walked to the door (took less than 10 seconds to get to the door, if that), opened it, and no one was there. I peeked around a bit and saw no one WHATSOEVER. I assumed that someone was playing a trick on me and playing “Ding-Dong-Ditch”—you know, that kids’ game of ringing doorbells and running away and hiding so that the person who answers the door can’t see you. I just chalked it up to that. No biggie.

After a while, my wife arrived home with our puppies and both she and I proceeded to unharness and unleash the puppies.

I told my wife about the doorbell ringing telling her that no one was at the door when I answered it. Here response to me was, basically, more or less:

“Did you invite the Master in? Do you think he only knocks or rings the bell ONLY at night?”

Duh! (I could’ve had a V8!)

Before, whenever it was that I “heard” The Knock or The Doorbell ring, it was ALWAYS at night, I’d go downstairs and answer the door (no one there), I’d invite the Master in, regardless, and partake of the bread and wine with him.

It never dawned on me (Slow, I am slooowwww on the uptake!) that he’d come knocking or ring the doorbell IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY!!! In Broad daylight!

So, while I answered the door and was puzzled by no one being there, I didn’t “get it” that it very well could have been, might very well have been, the Master ringing. I did not invite him in, I did not partake of the evening meal. Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb—but I’m okay. I just had a V8 moment, thanks to my wife.

And that’s all I have to say.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:39 pm 

It never dawned on me either, Armand, so thank you for sharing that and giving the rest of us a heads up.

Just last night I reminded myself before I went to bed not to forget to be attuned and to answer if my Lord knocks. A little while ago, he knocked three nights (I think in a row). By the third night I was up and moving; but the first two were a bit slower. And I know that I can get complacent, so I want to make sure that I remain vigil.

(I have to ask, though, what is the reference to V8, lol?)

Peace to you,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:45 pm 

LOLOLOLOL! Peace to you all!

I can hear others asking in themselves, "But ISN'T it at night that he comes?" And based on the following, one might think so:

"Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his house and take the evening meal with him and he with me." Revelation 3:19 (NWT)

That term "evening meal" derives from Greek word deipneō, which means "to sup" and related to the principle (or evening) meal of the day.

And so, I am to ask you, dear Armand (peace to you, dear one!), at what "hour" did evening/night occur under the Jewish system? And what "hour" was it when you heard the "knock"? Notice what you stated you had been "doing" JUST before.

Okay... you can pick yer jaw up off the floor... again... now.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

Peace to you ALL!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:26 pm 

Another V8 moment!

Yes, Chelle-B, I had just finished eating “my” evening meal (around 7:30 pm) even though it was bright daylight outside.

(I’m shaking my head.)

Tec: What is a V8 moment?

It's an old television commercial for V8 Tomato Juice.

He (the actor in the commercial) just gets done drinking another type of drink, i.e, pop or cola of some kind then pops himself in the head and said, "Gee, I could have had a V8"! which would had been a more healthy drink and just as refreshing as colas.

http://mindingyourstress.files.wordpres ... /06/v8.jpg

The true meaning of the expression is when a person comes to the realization that they should have made a better decision in comparison to the latter, or prior decision they’ve made.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:56 pm 

Good info to keep in mind, Armand. And, oh the memories that old V8 commercial brings back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKoc7ZW4emw

It's what Jim Jones' followers all said right after drinking the kool-aid; same for the witnesses if they don't get out of her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:51 pm 

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Still laughing at the V8 commercials!

And as to the timing of our Lords visitation, a great reminder to always " stay awake" ( at least spiritually lol)

Thanks everyone,
Love your sister in Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:33 pm 

LOL... thanks for the explanation. And Shelby... the evening meal. That is a V8 moment, lol.

Peace to you all,
your servant and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:19 pm 

After reading and subsequently considering Armand's experience (thank you for sharing it brother), I found myself repeatedly hearing the word "HOME" from our Lord. Over the past few nights I have had very vivid dreams about moving house, relating to houses either we or family lived in in the past. My late maternal grandmother has been in these dreams, first time I've ever dreamt of her. Upon pondering these dreams I heard from our Lord yet again the word "HOME".

I've been digging around in the scriptures and found myself at John 14:23. I was surprised to find that the verse cross references to Rev 3:19. Today I was led to this interpretation of the verse in John:

It's from 'Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament':

Quote:
If a man love me (ean ti agapai me). Condition of third class with ean and present active subjunctive, "if one keep on loving me." That is key to the spiritual manifestation (empanizw). We will come (eleusomeqa). Future middle of ercomai and first person plural (the Father and I), not at the judgment, but here and now. And make our abode with him (kai monhn par autwi poihsomeqa). See verse Jo 2 for the word monh (dwelling, abiding place). If the Holy Spirit "abides" (menei, verse Jo 17) in you, that heart becomes a temple (nao) of the Holy Spirit ( 1 Corinthians 3:16 ), and so a fit dwelling place for the Father and the Son, a glorious and uplifting reality.

I am now wondering if Jaheshua comes alone to knock on our door. I am also asking about why he comes at certain times in His servants' lives? That it would be simply random doesn't equate with what I expect of Him, but that begs some questions....

I do recall hearing a knock when asleep more than once in recent years but before I had heard about these experiences and related it to us in our day in a literal sense.

If anyone has heard further would you please share or anyone's thoughts? ....

Peace
Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 pm 

May you have Peace, Loz:

When reading your post I immediately heard, John 14:23,

New International Version
Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Peace!

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:00 pm 

Quote:
I am also asking about why he comes at certain times in His servants' lives? That it would be simply random doesn't equate with what I expect of Him, but that begs some questions....

So that we are ready at any time. So that we do not allow anything - sleep (physical or otherwise) or problems or worries,etc - keep us from answering Him when He comes... or from going out to meet Him when He returns.

Because we do not know the day or hour that He will return, but must keep watch and be ready whenever He calls us.

As well, there may be times when we need Him to be with us and Him coming and knocking to share the 'evening meal' gives us added strength when we need it. For instance, He came and knocked on my door the night before I was to speak with some jws, and that added strength that I received from that carried me through the following day and through that witness that I was to give.

And perhaps He just wants to come and share the evening meal with us at a given time. Because He wants to 'see' us. I am sure you would agree that that is pretty awesome!

Hope that helps dear sister,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy (who also understands that the Father is IN Christ, so when Christ comes, His Father comes also. Have not heard more than that just yet, though perhaps there is more that another has heard and will share)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:48 pm 

Quote:
So that we are ready at any time. So that we do not allow anything - sleep (physical or otherwise) or problems or worries,etc - keep us from answering Him when He comes... or from going out to meet Him when He returns.

Because we do not know the day or hour that He will return, but must keep watch and be ready whenever He calls us.

Yes! Tammy, of course! So obvious when we think about it! Thank you sister.

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:35 pm 

Did you ever have a lengthy post started and then some screen you've never seen before pops up and destroys it all; then you think, well I guess I wasn't supposed to post that after all? So I'll just say I loved your post, Tammy.

grrrrrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:30 pm 

Peace! Today at lunch time I was reading Mark 13. Even though it's talking about the Master's "Return," I thought it most interesting:

35 “Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37 What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”

So, if his "Return" can be like this, why can't his "visits"? Just a thought, my thought. . . .

Come! Take Life's Water, Free.

--Armand

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:06 pm 

May you all have peace... and THANK you, dear Armand (and you others, as well!), but that is the point: we are to STAY awake because DON'T KNOW... AT WHICH HOUR... the Bridegroom will come! He himself self HE knew neither the day OR the HOUR. Goodness, if we let ourselves believe it will only be, say, in the wee hours of the morning, what attention will we pay any other time of the day? Of if we thought it could only be in the middle of the night?

SO grateful to ALL of your comments (and questions prompting such comments - wink at dear Loz, peace to you and your household, dear sister!).

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel, who can totally relate to your experience... and frustration... dear At (peace to you, as well!) and so I've learned to stop and do a "Save Draft" as I go. Hard to remember, I know, but does help when I do!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:04 pm 

Yes, Armand, great verse! Exactly so.

Peace to you, and to you all,
your servant and sister and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy