xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A reminder for ME today!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:14 am 

A few days ago I was reading and one of the verses that jumped out to me was this,

Matthew 10:12,13

" When you are entering into the house, greet the household; and if the house is deserving, let the peace you wish it come upon it, but if it is not deserving, let the peace from you return upon YOU."

This morning I was kindly reminded that I need to be more aware and obedient to this.

That what a privilege we can have to wish the peace of our Lord upon others. The only TRUE peace there is in the world.
And that whether or not someone receives it is not of our concern. That His peace will return upon us!

Wow, how wonderful that is. Sad for others but a blessing upon us.

So, my apologies to any and all of you that I overlook on so many occasions and do not greet or wish peace for you and your households. Because it truly is a privilege for any of us to receive our Lords peace.

Enjoy your day,

May the peace of our Father Jah and His Son Jaheshua be upon YOU and ALL of your households to time indefinite,

Your sister and fellow servant of CHRIST, Kim /:)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:43 pm 

Justmom, are you reading my mind? lol ( and Peace to you).

I was just thinking this morning that I don't remember you starting a thread lately; and I have also had those verses on my mind. I honestly do not know what all that means, but sometimes I want to say 'peace' and other times I don't think of it.

I guess I mostly feel that it is not necessary to wish peace upon 'this' house, because we all know each other's intentions, and that we are accepted and received here already. If visiting a new board or someone's youtube or something like that, where I wasn't known, I would try to remember to wish them peace, so they would know I'm not just fault-finding if I want to leave a comment that I think might be helpful to them. But when I'm rebuffed, it doesn't feel like any peace returns to me. lol. At least not at first. But then I think of this:

Quote:
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

Okay, y'all, the other day I tried to leap, in case He meant that literally. I think both feet only barely cleared the floor. lol. I'm sure it was quite a comical sight.

And also what does it mean that the Lord's peace will return to you, since the verse calls it your peace?

Oh yeah, one more thing I've noticed about myself at least. Sometimes I put the wish for peace at the end of the post, when the verse says, "when you enter, say a greeting.........

I would like to understand this better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:32 pm 

Yes, I often forget this, so... Peace to you all!

Quote:
And also what does it mean that the Lord's peace will return to you, since the verse calls it your peace?

What peace would be from us? Would not our peace be the peace of the Lord?

"I leave you peace; I give you my peace." John 14:27

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:39 pm 

Quote:
What peace would be from us? Would not our peace be the peace of the Lord?

Well, I guess just the normal peace? : ) Peaceable behavior and attitude that peaceful people have?

I know that the Lord's peace is something beyond that, but I'm not sure what all it means.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:49 pm 

Greetings and peace to you dear At and LQ...

If we are joined to our Lord by His spirit then the peace that we wish will be from Him to others. And if received they gain His Peace. If not, His peace returns upon us as an added blessing. ( that's how I understand this)

For me to describe His peace it is a TRUE peace. A true contentment that surpasses ALL worries, anxieties, fears, troubles. My feet don't feel like they hit the ground LOL, ( like a floating above ground) and I feel like there is NOTHING that cannot be conquered WITH HIM!
A calm that is so calm. A place I want to be and stay always.

Hope that helps and makes some sense. :)

Love, your sister and fellow servant of our Lord Jaheshua, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:53 pm 

Quote:
A true contentment that surpasses ALL worries, anxieties, fears, troubles. like there is NOTHING that cannot be conquered WITH HIM!

I couldn't have said it better, dear, dear 'Mom (peace, luv!). That is EXACTLY what it is and how it "feels" - being anxious over NOTHING.

Thank you for sharing this thread!

Peace to you and your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:45 pm 

Beautiful thread, Justmom, and all of you who contributed. Smiling as I read your comments.

Love and peace to you all,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:35 am 

Quote:
For me to describe His peace it is a TRUE peace. A true contentment that surpasses ALL worries, anxieties, fears, troubles. My feet don't feel like they hit the ground LOL, ( like a floating above ground) and I feel like there is NOTHING that cannot be conquered WITH HIM!

Sounds too wonderful for words.

I have another question, please. For the anointed, do you feel like that at all times, or is it just sometimes? Uh, oh, and another question: when you wish peace upon someone and you are received, does that person feel that type of peace when they are engaging with you?

I only remember feeling that complete peace one time in my life. I remember the day, but not the date; it was ten years ago. I had had a really good day out of town with my husband, you know, where everything just went right and there was no negativity at all. And on the ride home, I was so tired, but completely relaxed and peaceful, which is such an unusual state for me to be in. I remember thinking that if I died right then, I wouldn't even care. And ever since then, I have longed to attain that kind of peace before I die, so I can lie down without any regret or harboring any unforgiveness or resentment in my heart. I do not want to wake up 'on the other side' with anything but peace.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:49 am 

ataloa wrote:
Quote:

Sounds too wonderful for words.

I have another question, please. For the anointed, do you feel like that at all times, or is it just sometimes? Uh, oh, and another question: when you wish peace upon someone and you are received, does that person feel that type of peace when they are engaging with you?

I only remember feeling that complete peace one time in my life. I remember the day, but not the date; it was ten years ago. I had had a really good day out of town with my husband, you know, where everything just went right and there was no negativity at all. And on the ride home, I was so tired, but completely relaxed and peaceful, which is such an unusual state for me to be in. I remember thinking that if I died right then, I wouldn't even care. And ever since then, I have longed to attain that kind of peace before I die, so I can lie down without any regret or harboring any unforgiveness or resentment in my heart. I do not want to wake up 'on the other side' with anything but peace.

Good morning and peace to you Shelby and Tammy. Thank you for your love and kindness always and wish for peace.

Peace to you as well dear At...

To answer for me, NO I do not always feel this way. I am guilty of letting life's anxieties cloud my peace on occasions. More than I would like to admit. But in general I am much more peaceful than I have ever been in the past. My life is truly a good one.
And I am truly grateful and blessed for everyone that is in it. My true family now and that includes you all.
I am way more calm and peaceful than before as a result of our Lords peace but the one I described above is a complete ( in every aspect of your life) contentment which you KNOW if from CHRIST, not from someone or something WE have done.

As to whether others can feel our Lords peace upon them? While engaging I believe some truly do at the time. Some later as well as they call upon our Lord Jaheshua in their daily lives and learn to listen and obey Him. As they do, this peace grows in them as well as it is a fruit age of HIS spirit and something we are to ask for.

Hope this helped some,
Love your sister and fellow servant of CHRIST, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:47 pm 

I would have to say I do feel this way virtually all the time, dear 'At (peace to you!). There are times when I feel a bit out of sorts, but that's ALWAYS due to some physical situation (female/hormone/weather related, etc.). Once I realize what "it" is PHYSICALLY, then I'm totally fine. Those things never affect my spiritual well-being/peace, though.

There are times when I have been treated wrongly, and that threatens my peace (only when I'm treated wrongly; not when I'm treated poorly, as I know I can treat others poorly, too, albeit not intentionally - by wrongly, i mean there intent and motive to do so). I am almost always told right away "where" such is coming from and why, and so I can get past it. I mean, what can I say: a slave is not greater than his/her master. I also tend to "move away" from things and people who threaten my peace. I don't WANT to treat anyone poorly, so I have learned that sometimes, for ME, it is best to either avoid or limit my time with such ones (I know me, too, though, and that I can be (very) forthright and that not everyone can handle that. So, I try to limit THEIR time with ME, as well - LOLOL!).

I think the only thing that greatly "upsets" my peace is when I've done something (in error). Disobeyed, hurt someone (else's feelings), etc. Even if I did not intend to, those really situations really "rock my world." I almost RUN to try and make it right. I try to discuss the situation with the person, to understand, so as to move past. And it almost always works out that way. Not always, of course. Everyone is not open to resolution or able to move past. It's not an easy thing, for some, to do.

But for the most part, say 98.99999% of the time, yes, my "world" is as dear 'Mom (peace, luv!) describes.

Life is too short, dear ones, to hold onto anything BUT love and peace. At least, that is what I've come to learn. NOW is the time, as we don't know the future. Sure, we may know that we will be with Christ, but what about those we love NOW? I dunno. I just don't think we have as much time to waste as we may think.

LOVE you ALL! Peace to you ALL... and to your dear households!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel, who isn't really much of a social "butterfly" but is VERY sincere in what she says to/shares with you dear ones...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:30 pm 

Quote:
I think the only thing that greatly "upsets" my peace is when I've done something (in error).

Yes, for me as well, especially if my error causes another harm of any sort.

As Shelby and Justmom have stated, that great feeling of peace when my Lord gives me His peace that just washes over me - the one where you feel as though your feet do not touch the ground - that feeling is not always so intense, no. That feeling settles (I was going to say dissipates, but that is not the right word), and remains with us in a calmer more quiet state. Enduring peace.

Peace to you all, and also love as our Lord gives these things,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:44 pm 

Thanks Justmom, Shelby and Tammy for your answers - they do help - a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 pm 

Interesting thread. In terms of the spiritual peace that I feel...I've become so used to it that its only when it is threatened/disturbed/lost that I appreciate how much I take it for granted. Not in any ungrateful way, just that it's so familiar to me. When my peace is disturbed I feel very distressed and anxious until it's restored.

May you all have peace as our Lord Jaheshua gives it. And thank you for your wishes for the same.

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:34 pm 

Totally understand that, dear Loz.

Peace to you, dear sister!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:28 pm 

I think the only thing that greatly "upsets" my peace is when I've done something (in error). Disobeyed, hurt someone (else's feelings), etc. Even if I did not intend to, those really situations really "rock my world."

Yes my sister. (peace to you today /:) This also should have been included in how I feel as well.
It is an awful feeling in sprit to feel this way. Not peaceful is any way!
Thank you for mentioning this.

And you truly do take care and address the matter quickly regardless of who is involved. Even when you have been wronged.

Loz, so happy that are able to experience the peace of our Lord at all times for the most part.

Glad it helped dear At.

Thanks everyone, it has been quite encouraging to hear you all,
Love your sister and fellow servant of our Lord Jaheshua, Kim. May you all continue in His peace.