xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:46 pm 

Peace to you all!

I apologize in advance for any 'stomach churning' that the following quote may cause in some of you. I was skimming an article (I cannot do much more than skim them because the lies about Jah, and His Son, make me feel ill). So I was skimming, cringing, until the following quote stopped me short. A sort of 'wake up' shout. Not 'wake up' because this is something true and beautiful and you should hear it, but 'wake up', this is a HUGE and UGLY lie, and if you knew ME (Christ), you would know my Father, and you would know this for the lie that it is.

So here is the quote:

Quote:
"The Bible associates holiness and spiritual cleanness with physical cleanliness. (Rev. 19:8) Thus, if people desire to be acceptable to Jehovah, they must also practice good hygiene." (WT study edition, July, This is our Place of Worship)

What??

Okay, first, Revelation 19:8:

"Yes, it has been granted to her to be clothed with bright, clean, fine linen—for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones.”

Their understanding of this is exactly backward. The righteous acts are what Christ and God see, not physical clothing or grooming or physical appearance. The Bride has clothed herself with the righteous acts of the saints... and she has been washed CLEAN in the blood of the Lamb. Whose blood they reject for themselves to begin with.

It does not mean that you should be wearing bright clean fine physical clothing ... that is just the window dressing and it can easily be used to hide what is actually UNCLEANNESS. It means you should be clothed in 'righteous acts' because that is what God and Christ see.

Second:

Quote:
Thus, if people desire to be acceptable to Jehovah, they must also practice good hygiene.

I must have missed all those talks Christ gave about good hygiene being at the top of the list if one wants to be acceptable to God. Of course... I suppose these things might be important to the WT god 'jehovah'... but the Father of Christ, the Most Holy One of Israel? No. So wrong, so very wrong, to even make this statement... and it is hidden in a bunch of text so the average jw is going to sleep right through this lie.

The stench that is not acceptable to God is the ACTS that people do. The judgment in their hearts, the self-righteousness, the lack of love toward others. Christ ate with the poor, the homeless, the drunkards, fishermen, etc. Those who came to Him with leprosy or any other disease, including paralysis... if personal grooming and hygiene were required to be acceptable to Him, to His Father, then He would have turned all those people away.

Faith is acceptable. Love is acceptable. Compassion, mercy, truth, forgiveness... all acceptable. Clothe yourself with these things. But judging someone as - telling someone that that they ARE - unacceptable to God unless they have good hygiene? What kind of a stench does that give off? Not only does that show a lack of mercy, and a lack of love... it is also a lie. And if your religion can teach such a disgusting - and what should be obvious - lie... then HOW that religion be or even KNOW the Truth (Christ)?

To anyone who needs them, may you be given ears so as to understand these things. May you also hear Him when He (the Spirit) and His Bride say to you, "Come!" May anyone who thirsts and anyone who wishes, "Come! Take the free gift of the water of Life!"

Which water is holy spirit, which God gives to Christ without end, that Christ may give to anyone He wishes, and he says to you, "Come!"

Peace again to you all, as my Lord Jaheshua gives peace,
your servant, and sister, and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:16 pm 

Duplicate, sorry.

Last edited by AGuest on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 pm 

Sigh. See, this (peace to you, dear Tams, and thanks for sharing this!). They do not know Christ (and, hence, the Father)... because this was one of the very things Christ came and proved AGAINST: worrying about the "outside" of the "cup," before handling the INSIDE of it. The MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, does not LOOK at the outward appearance of a man - He looks at what is INSIDE that man!

If what those yahoos at the WTBTS taught was TRUE... then Christ would have been in violation of the Law... and unclean. For he touched the dead, the lepereed, the unclean by flow of blood, even adulteresses and fornicators. Literally touched them... TOOK their uncleanness INTO his own vessel... and by doing so made THEM clean.

And he did so WILLINGLY. Sure, he could have cleansed them all WITHOUT even touching them... and DID do that with some. But NOT because he couldn't bear... or was afraid to touch them. But because he already HAD that "infirmity" IN him... when he healed someone ELSE with it. But but then, where is the LOVE and MERCY in THAT ("Ummm, ooh, yeah, Simon, those sores look BAD! Nah, man, I ain't touching you - just gwine down to the river and jump in. I'll stay and heal you from here!"). But we KNOW he touched people, just as people touched HIM (although HE was full of disease):

"... one of the synagogue leaders, named Jairus, came, and when he saw [Jesus], he fell at his feet. He pleaded earnestly with him, “My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live.” So [Jesus] went with him.

A large crowd followed and pressed around him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28 because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

At once [Jesus] realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”

“You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”

But [Jesus] kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

While [Jesus] was still speaking, some people came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” they said. “Why bother the teacher anymore?”

Overhearing what they said, [Jesus] told him, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.

He did not let anyone follow him except Peter, James and John the brother of James. When they came to the home of the synagogue leader, [Jesus] saw a commotion, with people crying and wailing loudly. He went in and said to them, “Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep.” But they laughed at him.

After he put them all out, he took the child’s father and mother and the disciples who were with him, and went in where the child was. He took her by the hand and said to her, “Talitha koum!” (which means “Little girl, I say to you, get up!”). Immediately the girl stood up and began to walk around (she was twelve years old)."

We can look up the other accounts, but we can know just by this one that:

1. The man had apparently seen someone healed BY my Lord touching the person (or his saliva touching the person). and so want him to touch his daughter;

2 The woman had also apparently seen my Lord heal someone by touching them, etc., because she believed all SHE had to do was touch his CLOTHES (because her problem wasn't life-threatening or death - it was a great inconvenience and energy sapper);

3. Paul and the others later healed/resurrected people by touching (laying hands on) them.

Even so, we have to ask, if one could BE completely clean, physically... what do they need Christ to heal them OF? What would they need a new, immortal body FOR? Oh, that's right: no matter how much one baths and scrubs and cleanses the OUTSIDE of the cup, (1) that doesn't do a THING for the INSIDE of the cup, and (2) it doesn't abate sin (TRUE "uncleanness") and, therefore, death.

Now, I am NOT saying we shouldn't bathe. If one has ample water to bathe... why not? But again, it's only the illusion of being clean. One wash one's body all day long. Twice a day or more, even. Still isn't going to make them clean... BEFORE GOD.

But of course, "they" don't get that. They still ascribe to that old lie that "cleanliness (of the outside) is next to godliness." Man, oh, man... are "they" EVER going to be surprised when they finally DO see Christ "plainly" and "as he (truly) is." Talk about crying out for the mountains to fall down upon them and the rocks to cover over them (or whatever it is they will call for).

What has NOT been told to them... they will see. And they WILL be astonished. Some will die, right there on the spot... because they're clean flesh won't be able to bear it.

Too bad... too bad.

Thanks for sharing that, dear Tams... and especially so that I didn't have to read the "rag" myself - LOLOL!

Peace to you... and to your dear, dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:32 pm 

Cleanliness is important, to be sure. But it was the inner filth where Christ had an issue.

Quote:

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of greediness and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may also become clean.

27 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

Matt 23:25-28