xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:07 pm 

Quote:
I haven't caught any of the various grunges going around... yet. Hopefully, YOU weren't already incubated and contagious when I saw you last...

Eatin' them words right now. Ya'll stay away from that dang dear 'Mom (peace, luv!), cause she has the cooties. Well, had the cooties. I have them now. Coughing, sneezing, chills (which I would actually LOVE right about now, given "where" I am in "life", but all the other crud that comes with 'em makes them all the more inconvenient)... "burning" throat. Headache. Losing my voice (down, dear Skalls - I'll be back and talkin' again, soon - LOL!).

Just downed a couple'a Alka Seltzer Pluses (in water, of course). Gonna turn in. GOTTA turn in. Y'know, more that I usually hafta at this hour (8pm, which is just around my usual bedtime, 'cept when I'm insomia-in')...

'Nite, chikkens. And peace to youse all.

Shellamar, on her own... going "dark" for the night. At least the night. Well, as soon as the meds kick in, I mean...

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:10 pm 

Okay, hafta add this: I am also sitting under a fan... on full blow... right now. Good for me, right now? Depends. For the "cold," maybe not so much. For the flashes... well, it's either shiver or suffocate. I'll turn it off in a sec (and back on in another 10 secs). DAMN this vessel!!

LOLOLOL!

Peace!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:05 pm 

OMgoodness Shel.... :8O

I sure hope it wasn't me but I'm so so sorry. I really didn't feel all that bad last weekend. It hit me later. Rest a lot, alka seltzer yes! Maybe you'll nip it fast.

At least it won't last long. Phone still down?

I'll check in with ya, let me know if you need anything girlO!

Love peace and lots of rest for you, love ya Kim

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 3:12 pm 

Hey, 'Mom, luv (peace, girl!). Horrid night (throat "on fire"), but at work today. Wanted to leave early and had go ahead, but some of my staff sick, had to leave... so I've stayed. Phone still down, yes. Got part (screen), but not yet the time (or nerve!) to dig off the old one and see if I can fix it. Seein' as I'm past the 1-year "warranty" period, though, I guess nothing to stop me. I mean, ain't like I'm gonna blow that puppy, now - LOL!

Peace!

Sick puppy, Shel (who HATES being sick! Looks toward the "universe")... on her own...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 4:47 pm 

{sip slowly and hope u feel better soon}

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:35 pm 

Feeling any better?

Try regular aspirin if you can take it, and Benadryl or some other allergy med; that's what helped me through whatever-this-is last week (or two). Sleep qs much as you can. Using a computer or phone screen may upset your stomach (not the content, I mean this virus seems to affect the eyes!), so try to stay offline if you're feeling queasy.

This, too, shall pass (every two hours, day and night! lol).

Sleeeeeeep.

AB

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:46 pm 

Shelby I hope you are feeling better. You sound so sick and so miserable... considering you got other 'issues' making you both hot and cold. AT least you're not lukewarm, LOL!!!

Sorry ; )

Get your rest, and lots of sleep if you can.

Peace and love to you!

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 9:50 pm 

Thank you (and peace to you!), dear 'Mom, dear Skalls, dear Anne B, and dear Tec (and BWAAAHHHHAHAHAHA.... no, no, don't make me laugh - it hurts!!)... for the very kind (and funny!) words, wishes, and "tea and flowers" (the latter of which are lovely, BTW.

Felt even worse this morn' (I mean, I really don't even REMEMBER getting up, showering, getting dressed, driving to work, let alone HOW I did all of that!)... but I have a mini-"gala" luncheon in the "new" Library on Monday and really can't take off from work right now (this has GOT to go BRILLIANTLY, as I'm sure the... well, I'll kindly use the word "elitest"... folks that I'm preparing it for will certainly comment. "Kindly," but scathingly, I've NO doubt).

So, holed up in office today with a dark cloud with a lightening bolt through it and arrow pointing down drawn on my little mini dry erase board outside my door. Everyone got it. And everyone was very... "tender'... with me today, praise JAH. I almost felt bad for THEM - LOLOL! Kept door and blinds closed most of the day (excuse was I didn't want to "infect" anyone, but I think the reality was I just didn't feel up to being bothered. Of course, not everyone was that... mmmmmmmm... observant - LOL!).

Feelin' better right now (i.e., still sick but no longer "dying' - LOL!). Was told by 3 people today that this particular "bug" ACTS like it's only gonna knock you down for 2-4 days. But then... in another week or two... WHAM! Lordy, I hope not. I HATE being sick. I mean, who has TIME for that???!

Thank you, again, beautiful ladies. And peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 pm 

Okay, Alka-Seltzer Plus Night-Time kickin' in...

'Nite... and may JAH bless... ALL you chikkens.

Your servant... sister (in spirit AND in Christ)... and, for some, FELLOW slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:34 pm 

AGuest wrote:
Okay, Alka-Seltzer Plus Night-Time kickin' in...

'Nite... and may JAH bless... ALL you chikkens.

Your servant... sister (in spirit AND in Christ)... and, for some, FELLOW slave of Christ,

Shel

Nite little chicken....

Sleep well. Hoping tomorrow is much better for you girl.

Love ya, your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim