xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: From the Matrix
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:45 pm 

So I watched the Matrix again last night, with my son, and some of the lines just POPPED out at me. I'm sure some of you have favorites from that movie too.

"You have to let it all go, Neo. Fear, doubt, and disbelief."

I like that one for what I think are obvious reasons. The only thing holding Neo (or anyone) back IS the fear, doubt, and disbelief. The trappings of the mind. I mean, all through the movie, there is a gradual process of Neo letting go of these things. The more he is able to let go of fear and doubt, the more he is able to DO.

I also love the following two quotes. And I do think of the "matrix" in this scenario as being the 'wts', or really any daughter of BTG. A "city" of people hooked into a system, a lie... that some may know/sense/hear is a lie but who have not yet woken up or escaped; and that some others who are so dependent upon that lie they will fight to protect that lie.

"You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, that's not far from the truth."

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

I also loved the moment at the end, when Neo 'died', and Morpheus had his moment of disbelief ("it can't be")... and then Neo stood back up. Then all that faith that Morpheus showed from the start was proven justified. I also like that Trinity, in that worse moment, that was when she let go of her fear and simply had faith.

It is an awesome movie, isn't it? There is so much in there!

Anyway, thought I would share.

Peace to you all,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

Post subject: Re: From the Matrix
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:11 pm 

Oh, for obvious reasons, and although there are MANY better movies, dear tec (peace to you, luv!), "The Matrix" will ALWAYS be my favorite movie. Because I had the privilege to see it... just after coming out of the WTBTS. Virtually everything about that movie corroborated what our dear Lord had been showing me: the illusion of "reality" (and, it's "beauty"), and how some WILL "return to the vomit" (i.e., not only eat the blue pill and go BACK, but betray their friends to do so), because they just can't handle the truth.

It helped me remain strong when I TRIED to help others "see" that the truth is NOT always pretty. Indeed, it rarely is. Beautiful, yes. Freeing, absolutely. Pretty? Rarely.

Thanks for sharing that and, again, peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:14 pm 

Agreed my sister,

I think I'm due for a rewatch as its been a while. Always pick up more the second, third, fourth LOL time around....

Love and peace to you, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:16 pm 

You KNOW I thought of you, dear 'Mom (peace, luv!)... AND your email address - LOLOLOL!

Peace, my sistah!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:31 pm 

AGuest wrote:
You KNOW I thought of you, dear 'Mom (peace, luv!)... AND your email address - LOLOLOL!

Peace, my sistah!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

Yup!!, /:) This was truly a fantastic movie to see shortly after the WT exit...

...and continually resounds regularly with me LOL.

Peace and Love to you as well sistah, Kim

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:18 am 

Quote:
"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

This is what jumped out at me from the thread - the word 'inured'. That word has kept coming into my thoughts all week. I keep wondering why; is there something I am supposed to be 'getting' from it?

I learned that word a few years ago, I think from a dream I had or something, where I was given five letters and I had to make a word out of them. The only thing I could come up with was the word INURE. I did not know the word or even if it was one. I had to look up the definition, and it had such a negative connotation to it.

inure
(Accustom), verb acclimate, acclimatize, acquaint, adjust, adsuefacere, condition, domesticate, familiarize, get used to, habituate, harden, make routine, naturalize, sanctify by custom, season, toughen

So I immediately thought that's what abusers do - gradually get you used to a miserable life. Of course, I thought of the watchtower, and some other, more personal relationships of the past.

But today, I looked this up again and found an additional definition:

inure
(Benefit), verb accumulate, advance, advantage, aid, assist, avail, be of use, be profitable, bolster, contribute, enhance, enrich, forward, furnish aid, further, gain, help, improve, pay, profit, promote, render useful, serve, supply aid, turn to account, upgrade, yield gain, yield profit

Now this seems to be a very positive look at the same word. So now I don't quite know what to make of this or what I am supposed to glean from this word.

Anyway, I had never watched the movie until I read this thread; I tried to before, but it was not interesting to me. But I did kind of sit all the way through it this time, although I'm sure I missed most of the important points, because I could not quite keep my mind on it. But I did it only because of the word 'inure'; maybe I will rewatch it at a future time.

I also just noticed the word "season" up there in the definition. Makes me think of salt - salt of the earth. (Yes I'm still thinking on that topic).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:19 pm 

inure
(Accustom), verb acclimate, acclimatize, acquaint, adjust, adsuefacere, condition, domesticate, familiarize, get used to, habituate, harden, make routine, naturalize, sanctify by custom, season, toughen

Good morning and peace to you Dear Ataloa,

In this I see personally how strongly entrenched the WTBS becomes to its follows, blinded by their lies so much that they fight to defend and protect it and because they have been so conditioned by it...

Acclimated to it, accustom to it, familiar to it, a routine, a habit, a natural part of...is why they can never entertain the fact that there could be possibly somewhere that is a someONE to turn away to as Peter said. To our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah.

Thanks for sharing this, love your sister and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:11 pm 

I need to re-watch this movie too after reading the comments here.

This Definitely reminds me of the people trapped in false religion -
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:09 pm 

thanks for the quotes, tammy

i've watched Matrix dozens of times
since my right hand man and i first saw it 16 or 17 years ago
and
"not ready to be unplugged . . . they will fight to protect it"
has been a favourite line

so that line evokes sadness today
after he gradually gave up on all his rebelliousness of youth
and the extreme clarity of mind that came with it,
so today his eyes have lost their fire
and he mindlessly parrots the words of his masters
having accepted the bribes they've continually offered him

"and i wanna be someone famous
like an actor"
(Cypher when he made a deal to get plugged back in)

i miss my old friend
but i know he is lost to the enemy

nonetheless
i am thankful my Bible study exited with me
and became eyewitness to all things
and he too noticed this "not ready to be unplugged" quote
oh so many years ago

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:32 pm 

this thread prompted me to watch this morning
for only the second time ever
the other two live action films in Matrix
2 Reloaded
and
3 Revolutions

in 3 Revolutions
i noticed only now
one possible End Game
(though i don't think it's mine)
said out loud
at the end of the film
after Neo causes the machines to cease fire

Strongest Manipulator of The Good Guys = The Oracle said
"What about the others?"

Strongest Manipulator of the Bad Guys = The Architect said
"What others?"

Oracle, "The ones that want out?"

Architect, "Obviously they will be freed."

so there it is

those who wish to remain plugged in
shall continue their lives inside the fantasy world

and those who are imprisoned within
by threats of losing contact with family
will at last be free to live in the real world
knowing they can remain in contact
by simply going to broadcast depth
and dropping back in for cookies

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:00 pm 

Quote:
i've watched Matrix dozens of times

wow! I feel like I would have to watch it at least 20 times to really get everything. I just watched it for the second time, and I am seeing more of what everyone is talking about, but I see it more for the World in general than just religion. I think one of the lines was something about always knowing something was wrong with the world, but not knowing what. That's how I have always felt too. But then you think it must just be YOU that's off. Out of step with the flow of things.

I have wondered so many times - why does everyone go along with the way of the world, when so much of it does not make sense and is to our detriment? They don't even begin to see anything wrong at all, and that is very frustrating.

I'm sure I would have gleaned more from the movie if I had been more fresh out of the watchtower; but by now I see that make-up harlot for what she is; although I don't know the depth of her evil yet.

That was a sad post, Wheels. But now I want to watch the other movies too; it's a good rainy day for that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:46 pm 

Hello everyone and peace be with you....

Wheels, I enjoyed your thoughts as to the Matrix but wanted to add I reallllllyyy love your reference to Romans 2:14-5.

This is such a spot on reference to what " a sheep" really IS! These are described as well in Matthew 25 when Christ separates sheeps from goats based on the good they do to " the least of Christs brothers."

They DO because the law of love is WRITTEN on their hearts. Nobody has to tell them in books, Watchtowers, ( a law) or publications what a " good deed is" to ANYONE!

Thanks for this reference and reminder,
Love your fellow servant of our Lord Jaheshua, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:54 pm 

WONDERFUL thread and discussion (peace to you, all!). This:

I think one of the lines was something about always knowing something was wrong with the world, but not knowing what. That's how I have always felt too. But then you think it must just be YOU that's off. Out of step with the flow of things.

I did and do as to the world, as well, dear At (peace to you, dear lady!), but most certainly I felt it when part of the WT. "Something" just wasn't "quite right." ALL the time. Not just for me, but for most. Know how I know? At least two (2) things:

They rarely say "We don't KNOW". Rather, they say, "Wait on 'Jehovah,'" and

They NEVER say they were wrong (OR apologize). EVEN when they're wrong. Rather, they justify their errors with melarkey like changing the meaning (of what they first said), using terms such as "Now, it would seem," or "We're tacking!" or even, "We never said THAT." Or... "marking" (and ultimately removing) people who ask too many questions... or disagree. You CAN'T disagree. Can not.

Oh, wait - I forget: AND... it's not true/truth until THEY say it's true/truth. EVEN... if it IS true/truth.

Sumthin' VERY wrong with all of that, IMHO... and so while I played the role 100%, I ALWAYS knew I could... and would... walk away if for even the SLIGHTEST reason I came to know they did not have/were not the truth. Just a straw would be all it would take to do that "camel's" back in. And... eventually... they tossed one on. Nothing I could do to stop that crack from widening... until the dang thing broke in two. And there went poor Humpty... LOLOL!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:28 pm 

it's all written by God
and beautifully so, sister Kim

a handful of principles,
600-plus perfect laws,
countless warnings

but myself and my enemies
are prone to forget

I was shocked how specific God's warnings can be
such as when God told Israel how bad they would become
if ever they should raise up for themselves a human king
(which led to Saul being chosen)
then centuries later
just before exile into Babylon 607BC
one king dusted off scrolls and read the warning
and saw it had come to be just so in the two kingdoms
thus
he led reforms which unfortunately
were not enough to overturn
the sky-high mass of bloodguilt

similarly
our individual efforts to assist in warning
may cause entire congregations to repent
but
umm
they're still toast
only now they'll know they deserve the fiery end

so while Matrix proposes an End Game of
reform
and co-existence
whereas
my End Game is
point up
and duck

ataloa
strange thing about Matrix was
it's massive appeal to non-JWs

film was directed by Wachowski brothers
who seven years later directed V for Vendetta
which popularized use of Guy Fawkes mask worldwide
including by protesters during Arab Spring uprisings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:42 pm 

doing of good

should our enemies survive The End
their new scrolls will be several hundred pages

ours will be a page or two
both blank
except maybe for recipes