xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 am 

Went and saw Wolverine yesterday in 3D with some wonderful family. g:) /:)

Had a wonderful day and a great lunch afterwards.

I really enjoyed this one. Probably my favorite one. But I think the 3D really makes the difference at least for me. I jump more LOL but it feels so REAL!!!

Excellent movie!! And I do love Hugh Jackman as well!

Love Justmom :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm 

Saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes... great movie. I don't want to say anything about it, because I know it is new and few of us will have seen it yet. But they sure said a mouthful with this movie ; )

And I mean, who doesn't love the Planet of the Apes movies? Or Caesar?

Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:24 pm 

Yeah, Ceasar's son was... interesting... dear tec (peace, luv!).

Seems like you can't tell "proud" young folk NUTHIN'... even those who ain't HUMAN! LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:28 pm 

... don't tell anything about it in the local KH, they will DF you!
This instrument of Satan promotes Evolution!
LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:15 am 

But wait, dear ANOMOS (peace to you!): how can it BE evolution... since the phenomenon was the result of a scientific development... by man... created in a lab? Isn't evolution based on NATURE... the progressive NATURAL change of a species? There was nothing natural about this. Had man left well-enough alone, the apes would have remained apes.

UNLESS... JWs/others are willing to entertain the possibility that a (spirit) being PUT IT INTO THE MINDS/HEARTS of man to CREATE the science that resulted in such "evolution."

But we (man) can do a LOT of things (fly to the moon, cure disease, resurrect the (recently) dead (CPR, etc.))... which we don't call "evolution."

So, if any JW mentioned this being "evolution" to ME, I would have to set them straight. So should you.

Peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:53 pm 

I saw Jersey Boys, and it was well worth the ticket price. Great singing, interesting story, but the down side is the constant use of language usually found on the bathroom walls of a high school locker room. In other words, it's not for the easily offended.
Bonus: you get to see a vintage Studebaker pull a truly awesome wheel-stand!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:43 pm 

Yes, dear GL (peace to you!), it was really good! LOVED it... and think most here would, as well!

Peace to you!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 pm 

This is an old thread... but I went and saw Big Hero 6 tonight with my boys, and it was so funny. At first I thought we might have gone into the wrong theatre, since I didn't see any kids, just adults, lol.

But it was really funny, so I recommend. You don't need the excuse of kids or even grandkids to see this kid's movie. Apparently ; )

Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:45 pm 

Thanks for the tip, dear tec (peace, luv!). Ya'll know I'm a movie buff, so I'll add some other good ones (IMHO) to the list (although, not many under PG13):

Fury (Brad Pitt; Shia LeBouf)... loved it. But I loved "Inglorious Bastards," too. Actually, I love every "serious" film Pit does (Babel.... wow! "World War Z"... cool)

Saint Vincent (Bill Murray - should get an Oscar nod, IMHO). First movie to make me cry in a LONG, LONG time.

Dracula Untold (can't remember his name... but) LOVED it! So much "insight" to how the myth REALLY got started... and I don't mean the plot of the movie! I don't think the writer, etc., even have a CLUE as to what was revealed by some of the scenes in that movie. Especially the scene where some blood is thrown from a cup onto the ground. If you go see it, pay attention to that... and come back and let us know what you thought...

This is Where I Leave You (Justin Bateman, Tina Fey, Jane Fonda)... one of THE best "dramatic comedies" I've seen in a long time. Rollin' on the floor funny!

Guardians of the Galaxy... very cool in a "Fifth Element Meets Ice Pirates Meets Total Recall Meets Spaced Invaders" kind of way...

Get On Up (James Brown movie) - very powerful and moving. Took me WAY back, in my own life (I LOVE(D) James Brown! He taught me what it was to be black - you know, like maybe the ladies in "The Joy Luck Club" taught some girls how to be Chinese... and be proud of it, in a self-accepting kind of way, I mean...)

Belle... fabulous. Just fabulous. Dear Hubby and I LOVE historical fiction... and this one was stellar.

John Wick... okay, this one was hard. 'Cause my "fo' reelz husspind", Keanu Reeves, was the star... but, well, meh. I can't seem to get his "Neo" out of my mind... and heart. That, and his "Ted" - LOLOLOL! He was still "hot," though (did I say that?? LOLOLOL!). No worries; dear Hubby actually has a Keanu Reeves kinda look, especially when his hair is long(er). Just older and heavier. But same dark hair and dark facial hair (from time to time)...

Okay, that's enough - I'm rambling. Should'a been asleep 'cause I am SO tired (no, won't go into why - I REALLY lose ya'll, then!)... but it was too early. Now, it's not, so...

Peace... and nite-nite. chikkens!

Shellamar, on her own... reaching for the light switch...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:35 am 

So, if Miz Shelby says that Bill Murray should be nominated then I guess I'll believe it, I've read all the reviews and other folks about him that say the same thing, but Bill Murray is kinda grating on the nerves the same way Robin Williams was at least when they were on talk shows, always doing something so juvenile and silly I actually turn away when they're on Letterman or some other show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 pm 

I don't usually prefer Bill Murray, dear Miz Shirley (peace, my sistah!)... also I liked "Ghostbusters" (well, until the end part - WTFrick??)... and I LOVED "Stripes" ("That's a fact, Jack!"). But this part was written for him, IMHO. Check it out, girlie, and lettuce know wha'cha think!

Peace!

Miz Shebbie... on her own...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:05 pm 

I'm already talking up the next Hobbit film with my darling daughter and son in law. I'm glad they appreciate such "worldly" entertainment, no matter what Brooklyn says!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:12 am 

I want to see Gone Girl!! But I don't go to movie theaters as I hate having to sit there in a electric wheelchair and John doesn't want to sit there where the wheelchairs go. It is a real hassle going anywhere when you depend entirely on your wheelchair and some one to get it in and out of the car for you.

SO I am waiting until it comes out online on the torrents. I read the book, it was quite creepy lol.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:52 pm 

The "buzz" on my morning radio was that "Gone Girl" was fantastic, even Oscar level, dear Zoe (peace, dear lady!). I intend to see it... and yep, on the big screen.

See, unfortunately (well, depending on who you ask), the "big screen experience" is a weakness of mine - my little bit of "escapism" from the "real" world... which I regularly partake of - LOLOLOL! Sometimes more than once in one weekend! So, I actually envy those who have "kicked" and/or can watch everything at home. Would save us a ton of moola, what with the popcorn (gotta have it... and with a whole cup of jalapenos) and small iced tea. Sometimes even a hotdog and/or candy, but that's pretty rare. But can't do it without the popcorn. It would be like a crack addict smokin' tobacco! NOT the same "high" - LOLOL!

So, I confess: I'm hooked. The big screen is my "crack." From since I saw my first two (as far as I can remember) feature films on the big screen: Darby O'Gill and the Little People, then soon after, "The Swiss Family Robinson." Both had such an impact on me. Actually made me want to read books!

I am SURE we'd have more money to spend on, say, a trip to Hawaii... Caribbean cruise... Paris... if dear Hubby and I could stay our hineys OUT of the movie theaters. But he's hooked, TOO... so... what can a girl do? S'really hard to kick the really "hard" stuff... when the folks who live in your house are a bunch'a addicts, too! LOLOL!

So, we can envy each other, luv. While I watch in the big theater, I'll think of you and John, and your chair... and whle you watch at home, you can think of me and dear Hubby... and our dwindling bank account! LOLOL!

Peace to you, dear lady-girl!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:00 pm 

Hubby and I went to see "The Judge" last night, great movie, sad on many levels. We had another couple with us and she was crying out loud! I may sniffle a little but I didn't see that coming, thought something was wrong with her. When the movie was over she said " wow, I thought I was really going to let loose for a minute" yeah, had to laugh out loud on that one. No more tear jerker movies with her LOL!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next