xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:45 pm 

https://www.anymeeting.com/WebConferenc ... 00234&pr=1

Please, just click on the link and you should be able to pop right in.

try it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 pm 

try this link, as i had to fix the audio features and it made me re create the name of room....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 pm 

It wasn't active for me at the moment, but I'll check back. Skally, is this through six screens, or is this entirely your own thing?

Peace!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:55 pm 

Entirely different service.

I let it sit idle for over 60 minutes and it closed. I stepped away from computer.

I'm new to that system so I will see how to activate it again.

Thanks for trying to stop by.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:01 pm 

Sure. Just let us know when you have it up and running. Always takes some time to work out the bugs and figure things out.

(And sometimes you never quite figure out how to work out some of the bugs *cough, ahem, smilies, cough, ahem*)

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:02 pm 

Okay, yes, I must "open a meeting up" AGAIN if time lapses and no one enters the room...and have done so again:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:59 am 

Mornin', dear Skals... and peace to you! I use AnyMeeting.com to conduct online classes (Law & Ethics) and you might be able to avoid that shut down if you change the "length" of time for your webconference (for example, if you have it set up for 60 minutes, change it to, like, 240, etc.). Also, check your "registration" requirements (i.e., if you're requiring folks to register for each conference, you might be telling the program to become active only if someone does - I think you can set it up where folks DON'T have to register).

I could be wrong about these things, but you might wanna look into them and see if they'll help (keep your conf open longer).

I hope that helps!

Peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 pm 

it's a God-given gift
this site, tec

my thanks to you for it

without it
shelby and sKally
wouldn't be pooling knowledge

(law?
shelby, you teach law?)

this is so awesome

also
sKally
once you've got it running
may i advertise it
at the end credits in my cartoons?

hmmm
i just tried the link
and got nothing
so
looks like your audience is going to need
a secondary site
to read about chat times
and for notes
or even to paste the saved text of chats
or notes about the video feeds

dunno if you want to link audience to here
unless tec has a room set aside for you to receive
after-hours audience messages
or
if they provide such a page at the anymeet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:23 pm 

Quote:
(law?
shelby, you teach law?)

A tiny little, dear Wheels (peace to you, luv!). Not substantive law (i.e., Contracts, Torts, Property, Evidence, etc.) class. A "Law & Ethics in Drug and Alcohol Counseling" class. Another dear one with a doctorate in Alcohol and Drug Dependency (Ad.d) has a school where she instructs those who plan to sit for the Certified Addiction/Drug & Alcohol Counseling (CADAC) boards. It's an undergrad-equivalent certification (but not an MFT, MFCC, or LCSW) and so they must have many hours of study, including 48 hours of Law & Ethics. I just finished my first semester teaching at the end of April and, after taking the summer off (and glad, too, cause I have a little more work), will start the Fall class for her in September. My class in online, 2-hours Sunday and Wednesday evenings. At some point, I will also teach the class for those who need Continuing Education Units (CEUs).

I love teaching and we had great fun, so I'm looking forward to the next semester.

Peace!

Shellamar, who would LOVE to go on for an LL.M and teach a substantive law (Constitutional, Criminal, or what my kids want, Entertainment Law)... but has neither the time nor money to so so, right now...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:33 am 

Salutations!!

Well, I think I've set up my WORKSHOP properly now. I've scheduled the meeting for 2pm PACIFIC time here:

https://www.anymeeting.com/WebConferenc ... 27-147-207

At 2 pm, click this link and come in via computer so you can chat in the chatroom portion of the WORKSHOP. You can call the number, yet, I AM NOT GOING TO BE USING THE PHONE FOR ANY OF THESE WORKSHOPS/MEETINGS...ON MY PHONE I WILL HAVE SIXSCREENS GOING; I WILL ALSO BE IN SIXSCREEN VIDEO SUITE JUST TO TEST ALL OF THIS OUT....BEING IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE IS GREAT THX TO THE INTERNET :D

I wanted to find a place that was just like the old yahoo video/audio chat/conferences, and I hope this works out to be very similar, if not exactly what will succeed as a tool....just as it did all those years ago.

Right now, I've set up a chitchatter room while we wait for the GOLDEN HOUR g:) :

Hey Wheelie! g:)

Sounds good to me. Lettuce wait however, to see how it actually worx out. Not sure linking it all over the place YET is wise, at this point.

MEMO: NOT THAT YOU ARE NOT WISE. THIS K-NOW :8O

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:40 am 

Actually, and to anyone else so inclined:

GO AHEAD AND START SENDING OUT THE LINK FOR 2PM WORKSHOP:

Please be sure to inform your readers the link will be active at 2pm, yet they can keep its window up in a new tab for easy access.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am 

Quote:
Please be sure to inform your readers the link will be active at 2pm,

Maybe a separate "invitation" thread, dear Skals (mornin' and peace to you!)? It might be "lost" in this thread. That is, if making such invites are "okay" as to our forum rules. I can't remember. I can't see why not, though. I realize some sites have problems with invitations to others' sites, etc. Dear Admin... peace to you... and do we?

Peace!

Shellamar, who's not sure if I can attend... as I has a buttload of work promised to a client by first thing Monday morning... and won't forego that just to bash the WTBTS, sorry... but if the discussion is open to telling the folks the TRUTH about JAH and Christ, well, then I can't imagine a worthier reason for a break from work, so... your call - LOL! Peace!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:38 am 

It's about specific issues Shelby. Bashing is not going to be discouraged of course. To each their own. If one feels the need to bash, then that will be a good place to do it. As I will allow such emotions not to be quelled.

Mainly however, it will be a place to work, strategize, and learn how to keep foKused on 'footwork' one might choose to endeavor.

Example:

Todays "ISSUE FOR FOKUS" :

Phone calls and/ or other options for contact to WTBTS regarding why they still do not provide features for jws and the public, on their official website of the world. And why they insist on written letters, when the internet now affords many other BETTER AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, FASTER OPTIONS OF COMMUNICATION. All at this meeting/workshop can discuss their ideas of how to stay diligent in getting WTBTS to address this ISSUE OF FOKUS FOR THE MONTH. Each week, there will be a new issue fokused upon.

Today is a probationary test, if you will. I'm confident I can get it started on the right foot. I'll need a MODERATOR. any takers? I can think of two already.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:01 pm 

Got it, luv (peace!). Thanks!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:09 pm 

I'm trying to figure out why it won't start the meeting for me. I may cancel that one out and re-open it now. For some reason, it will not start the meeting.