xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: Good Night Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:40 pm 

Well, my kids are mutinying and refusing to go to bed. The (hyper and overtired, up for 24 hours) teen is NEVER going to bed... I give him no more than an hour, lol. The little one, hearing his brother, just arched his brows at me when I looked in on him in his room and said (with arched brows and 'attitude') that he is "WATCHING" things. I give him no more than an hour ; )

I, however, may go to bed despite them and their mutiny! So they can... um... take THAT! Yeah. Um. YEAH!

Peace to you all, and goodnight,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:32 am 

LOLOLOLOL! Once they were in middle school I never gave my kids a bedtime, dear tec (peace, luv!). I just wasn't a fighter (of pre-teen/teenaged people - I believe one must pick their battles in life and I'd seen way too many parental casualties of THAT war - LOLOL!). Instead, I had two rules (which also apply to the grandkids):

1. Do NOT wake/keep ME up; and

2. Do NOT let ME have to get YOU up, ready, out the door, and in your seat at school the next day.

You think you're grown enough to stay up? Okay. ALSO be grown enough to also handle your business the next day. And school is YOUR business. Not mine. Work is mine and I get myself up. So you get your "grown" self up and out and we'll be just fine.

If not... then you MUST be in bed by "children's" time. Which was 9-9:30pm (depending on whether there was a meeting that night). Or... 8pm. Depended on how I was feeling...

I was always in awe of people who had the courage to fight/argue with teens. Teens can be brutal! Better to reason and negotiate, IMHO... if outright ordering didn't work - LOLOLOL!

You have my respect, girl! LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 9:27 am 

AGuest wrote:
LOLOLOLOL! Once they were in middle school I never gave my kids a bedtime, dear tec (peace, luv!). I just wasn't a fighter (of pre-teen/teenaged people - I believe one must pick their battles in life and I'd seen way too many parental casualties of THAT war - LOLOL!). Instead, I had two rules (which also apply to the grandkids):

1. Do NOT wake/keep ME up; and

2. Do NOT let ME have to get YOU up, ready, out the door, and in your seat at school the next day.

You think you're grown enough to stay up? Okay. ALSO be grown enough to also handle your business the next day. And school is YOUR business. Not mine. Work is mine and I get myself up. So you get your "grown" self up and out and we'll be just fine.

If not... then you MUST be in bed by "children's" time. Which was 9-9:30pm (depending on whether there was a meeting that night). Or... 8pm. Depended on how I was feeling...

I was always in awe of people who had the courage to fight/argue with teens. Teens can be brutal! Better to reason and negotiate, IMHO... if outright ordering didn't work - LOLOLOL!

You have my respect, girl! LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

/:) ((((smile))))

Great advice.......

Peace and Love to you Tammy and Shelby, Kim
P.s... Is so glad I don't have to worry about getting anybody up but myself NOW and that's hard sometimes LOL!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:44 pm 

Not really good night yet... but we are going to see the new Xmen movie tonight. We saw Godzilla and Spiderman this past weekend, and now on to XMEN : )

No more 3-D for a while though. My eyes hurt after watching the last two in 3D.

Be back later!

Peace to you,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:57 pm 

Enjoy.....

Let us know how you liked it. Hubby and I saw Godzilla. I liked it. But I haven't " Loved " a movie I've seen... in a while! But there's a lot I haven't seen lately so...

Peace, Kim

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:08 pm 

That's cause you STILL haven't seen "Saving Mr. Banks" or "Philomena," dear 'Mom (peace, luv!)... so I have no sympathy for ya! LOLOLOL!

Peace... and how'd you like the other two, dear tec (peace to you, too!).

Night!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:00 pm 

Well, I enjoyed Spiderman, and I really love this new Peter Parker. Took me off-guard at first, how he was like a regular teenage/college boy. He had some selfish qualities, even angry qualities, etc.

"We create our own 'monsters'" seemed to be one statement this time around.

I really enjoyed Godzilla too, and of course Xmen was great. I really wanted something to happen with Magneto, and I should have known better because I have read the comics, and it has never happened that I am aware of. Regardless, the movie was really good. Also pretty funny in places (sometimes 'cheesy' funny, but that was cute). I was expecting it to just be very dark, but there was humor too.

I don't think I could say that I LOVED these movies, but I have enjoyed them all. I am hoping to LOVE the next Planet of the Apes though. Previews look awesome.

Oh, and I, too, have not yet seen Saving Mr Banks ; )

(but I have seen Philomena... and yes, LOVED, that one)

Peace to you both!
Your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 am 

Well, off to bed for real this time!

Goodnight, and peace!
Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 9:38 am 

Thanks for that info Tams....

I'm behind on my movie watching, so I need to catch up and yes see the two that Shelby recommended.

Love and Peace, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:02 pm 

Bumping the thread to say hi to Wheels... even though this is the good night thread ; )

Hope you are doing well, and glad to see you popping in from time to time.

Peace to you!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:49 pm 

Good evening everyone!

We are getting pounded with rain! I hear San Francisco is even worse than us. My middle son lives there and says he is fine but some are without power and flooding is bad.

I guess we won't be in a drought after this LOL!

But we are good!

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Peace to you all always, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:59 am 

I heard yesterday that Northern California was getting a LOT of rain and flooding. Here we have lots of snow, cold and wind and accidents due to icy roads.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:21 am 

Well, the extreme weather that is affecting the east (snow) and the west (rain and flooding), is bringing us here in Alberta mild weather. It has been up to plus 7 this whole past week. Which was up from - 20 and 30 centimeters of snow before that. We're gonna be mild for the next couple weeks.

I hope all of you on the west coast stay dry and safe. And on the east coast also. That is where my brother and his family are, although they are used to extreme weather in the winter.

Peace!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17