xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:44 pm 

For those who knew Doug and especially those who were close to him. I am sorry for your loss. May you keep with you the positive attitudes and abilities of your friend. The things you knew about him that others may not have known.

FinalCall

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:54 am 

Yet another precious life lost to satisfy the whims of a wicked and twisted god.
RIP Farkel.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:27 pm 

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to say that dear Doug didn't believe or feel that way, at ALL, dear ANOMOS (peace to you!). If you knew him, you would know that he was a man of faith, although not as strong as HE would like at times, due to the challenges of HIS life... as well as having had a FALSE "faith" and FORM of godly devotion (that prove FALSE to its power), shoved at him. Stuff down his throat, almost. If you read his writings... or better yet, his "bio"... you will see that he was absolutely a believer and even referred to himself as a christian. As one who DID know him... and pretty well.. I have NO doubt he was my brother in Christ. Indeed, it was my Lord who sent me TO Doug... almost over 800 miles away... so that we could meet. And from almost that very day, I called him brother... and he called me his [little] sister. Believe me, Doug Checketts was NOT a man who would call someone that "just because." It had to be real to HIM... as well as from the person it came from.

Because of that direction, I had the WONDERFUL opportunity to get to know Doug... and his genius... for more than 15 years... and I KNOW that if HE were to blame anyone, it would have been the WTBTS. And not necessarily even (all of) the individuals that were loyal to it who caused him GREAT pain, including that best friend and even some of his own flesh. He LOVED them all, though, and so that loved allowed him to SEE that most of them were just victims of a heinous, vicious scam set up to make others BELIEVE God was involved. He knew some actually wanted to be part of that scam and "acted accordingly"... and SHAME on them!... but those weren't the ones who hurt him most. It was the ones HE loved... even in spite of their love for HIM turning "cold."

But although his faith was tested (by MAN, NOT God), Doug was able to see that it was NOT the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, who allowed such mess... but the "Bible God" (as he often called "him") that the WTBTS and others like them (who like to dominate their fellow man) created and pushed. I cannot related how many conversations we had where he would share with me a recent "miracle" ("Shel, there's NO other explanation for it! I just asked, and...!"). I had the privilege of being a part of those miracles on a occasion, and I KNOW Who Doug believed was responsible.

Please... don't dishonor what he KNEW about God with YOUR anger/disillusionment/disbelief at/of (a God)? Doug was never angry at the TRUE God, but at the WTBTS and "Jehovah", and those whose following of THESE caused them to not only treat others horribly, even demonicly, but teach/force others to do so, as well. As he SHOULD have been. As well ALL should be. If one knew him... or even paid close attention to what he "said" in many of his posts... one would know these things about him.

I am not angry with you, though; please don't take that away from my words here. It's just that I know he would NOT have felt good knowing that his passing was used by others to speak against God. That is not what he was about, at all.

I hope this helps and, truly, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 pm 

Poor Farkel is now gone, and whatever we may argue will not bring him back...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:36 pm 

Not trying to argue, dear one, truly (peace to you!). I just knew Doug...
and why he died. And that he wouldn't have blamed God. Well, maybe he blamed the WTBTS "god"... a little. Mostly, it would have been man: other people... and himself. Hence, my "anger" with him.

But you're right: nothing WE do will bring him back. Praise JAH... there is One who can (and that's all i'll say about that).

Not trying to argue. Just trying to keep it real... and honest... especially under these circumstances.

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:24 am 

I am so sad to hear this. I read it on JWN a few days ago. I did not know him but I liked his posts and his bio is a must read. He was a good man and certainly it would seem he will be remembered by all whose lives he touched and most importantly by God.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm 

Quote:
I just knew Doug...
and why he died.

Will you please share with the others your knowledge of this. I'd love to know why and so would a few people that have known him for all these years as well. I've made a few phone calls to some who haven't been online or even reading anything wt related. YET, i KNEW THEY WOULD WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW.

Is there an obit anywhere yet either, do you know?

I cannot read jwn private section. Could any of those posts be pasted HERE?

I'm going to pay tribute to him tonight. Would love to hear yours as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:09 pm 

I can only address one of these:

Quote:
I cannot read jwn private section. Could any of those posts be pasted HERE?

Sorry, but if they are in the private section on jwn or any other forum, then they are for members of that forum only. Unless those members want to join and discuss the same things here, then those things cannot be pasted over here.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:12 pm 

The Posts are in the JWN Private Section..
They can`t be posted on this Forum..
..................................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:16 pm 

I will share nothing more, dear Skals (peace!), than that I have been in touch with his dear daughter, let her know her dad has people all over the world who might like to send their condolences if the family was amenable, and have her my email if she wanted to provide an address for us to so that as well as if she wanted me to send her the link to the candle site, etc.

As for my "tribute," I will offer nothing more than I have here, among friends. Otherwise, I paid MY trubuteS to him, in person, when he was alive. He saw, felt, and knew my love for him. As I did his. So I'm good. Besides, I learned a VERY painful lesson about publicly paying tribute before exJWs once before, something I, personally will NEVER repeat but leave between me and those who don't still have a lot of unresolved WTBTS "baggage" and can accept my "offering" in spirit it was meant, not jealousy or vindictiveness. These aren't the times for that mess.

Peace to you.

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 pm 

Quote:
I learned a VERY painful lesson about publicly paying tribute before exJWs once before, something I, personally will NEVER repeat.....Sheby

I remember that,sad..
All you did was try to help..
............................................ Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:39 pm 

Quote:
but if they are in the private section on jwn or any other forum, then they are for members of that forum only. Unless those members want to join and discuss the same things here, then those things cannot be pasted over here.

Got it. Thx.

As you wish Shelby. Others may want to put a Voice to their thoughts and feelings and hopefully will do so today. It's nice to Hear others SHARE experiences they had with someone who has touched Us...ALL.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 pm 

Private section? You see JWN carries along the heritage of the WT. Cultish places!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:29 pm 

I think dear tec and the Sher'f member their "Members" section, dear ANOMOS (peace, luv!)... like we have on here (not all can be seen by the general public - one has to register). We also have even more private sections, though. Actually, anyone (who doesn't feel comfortable discussing a matter on the open OR member board) can request a private room. Admin will review the request and, if warranted, the person can have a room and invite just those they wish to participate.

We don't have them to be "elite" or to create cliques, etc.. They came about due to the need of some to be able to discuss very personal things... as well as things of the Spirit... in private... and/or away from those who stated purpose was to oppose certain posters.

You can read about it here under the "Members Discussion" and "Private Discussion" board information on the Board Index.

I hope that helps!

Peace to you!

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:35 pm 

I didn't know Doug. I read some of his posts on JWN. For those of you that knew him, my sincerest condolences.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next