Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: John 6:48-58
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:44 pm 

Jhn 6:48
I am the bread of life.

Jhn 6:49
Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died.

Jhn 6:50
But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die.

Jhn 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

Jhn 6:52
Then the Jews began to argue sharply among themselves, “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?”

Jhn 6:53
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

Jhn 6:54
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Jhn 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Jhn 6:56
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Jhn 6:57
Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

Jhn 6:58
This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

This was one of the most amazing sacred secrets right under my nose in coming out of the WTBS.
That ANYONE not just 144,000 can and should partake of our Lord as he IS the bread form heaven that gives life! And all of us want to live forever yet were told not to partake that man (GB) would be our mediator and that life would come through them. ( the WTBS)

Love, your sister in Christ, Kim /:)

Post subject: Re: John 6:48-58
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:51 pm 

Amen, Kim... thanks for posting all of that!

Peace to you also,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:45 pm 

I wanna address this because I don't want this to go the opposite extreme of the WT either.
Is it being suggested that unless one DOES PARTAKE of the body of Christ ( the bread and wine of the Last Supper) one is not saved by Our Lords' sacrifice?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:20 pm 

PSacramento wrote:
I wanna address this because I don't want this to go the opposite extreme of the WT either.
Is it being suggested that unless one DOES PARTAKE of the body of Christ ( the bread and wine of the Last Supper) one is not saved by Our Lords' sacrifice?

Isn't that what He said? Or do you have a different interpretation Paul?

Quote:
Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:52 pm 

PSacramento wrote:

Hello PaulS and peace my brother...

Those that would partake of CHRIST body have life within themselves.

Others that may not partake or even have faith in CHRIST are granted life only by how they treat the least of CHRIST brothers. ( Matthew 25)

So if given the choice I personally would want to be obedient to his command to belong to....and to have life within...by means of Him!

Love your sister and fellow slave of our Lord Jaheshua MischaJah, Kim

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:51 am 

We need to be careful when we take a literal and concrete view of a analogy.
I am sure we all agree that Christ was not speaking of cannibalism when He said to EAT of His Body and DRINK of His blood.
Correct?
Good.
So what He meant was a metaphorical "eating and drinking" of Him, yes?
So what does that mean to YOU?

Second:
Belief in Christ is what leads to salvation as per JOHN 3:16 and more specially, John 5

21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. 22 For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, 23 so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

25 Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. 26 For just as the Father has life in Himself, even so He gave to the Son also to have life in Himself; 27 and He gave Him authority to execute judgment, because He is the Son of Man. 28 Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

No where is there mention the need to partake of the Last supper in there, is there?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:47 am 

There is, dear P (peace to you, luv!), at least for those who take part in the FIRST resurrection: the members of his Body.

We know he didn't mean to eat his flesh/drink his blood literally, which those who were stumbled by what he said about it in the first place should have discerned. Had they had faith in him... as, say, Peter, et al., did... they would have learned later that he would give them representations to use. When he DID, he told his disciples to "KEEP doing this, in remembrance of me."

Now, some will say that that was only for the (12) apostles. Was it, though? No. We can know THAT three (3) ways:

1. Paul's mention of it in Chapters 10 and 11 of his second letter (1 Corinthians);

2. The words of our dear Lord TO the apostles at Matthew 28:19, 20:

"... go and make disciples of ALL nations... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

In telling his apostles to "KEEP DOING THIS"... he was giving them a COMMAND. And so they were to teach others to OBEY... EVERYTHING... he had commanded THEM... INCLUDING this "command."

And so, we have our dear Lord's words to those who CALL him "Lord":

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and DO NOT DO what I SAY?" Luke 6:46

and...

"Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:22

Thus, not EVERYONE who calls him "Lord" WILL enter into the kingdom, because as the PREVIOUS verse says:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Which WILL is:

"This is my Son, the beloved. LISTEN to HIM."

And that Son said:

"UNLESS you EAT my flesh and DRINK my blood... you have NO life within YOURSELVES."

AND he said... and here's a very important piece of TRUTH:

"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me."

And therein lies the rub, dear P. We can (offer up) "sacrifices"... including good works... all the day long. THAT, however, will only make us SUBJECTS of the kingdom, as part of those "sheep" who are separated and granted LIFE... and entry into the kingdom (verses goats, who are cut off from entry). It will NOT make us part of the "royal priesthood"... the people for a SPECIAL possession... who rule WITH Christ as king-priests: those who are of his BODY... HIS "Bride", the NEW "city" of double peace, Jerusalem.

But to OBEY... is BETTER than sacrifice. And so those who are members of his BODY... ARE such... BECAUSE they obey (him). They put their FAITH IN him... and so, rather than question... or look for loopholes/justification as to why NOT do something that he said... LITERALLY.... they OBEY. And do... "just so."

Which includes... yet many reject... washing one another's feet. HE did it... and SET THE PATTERN for US (to do).

A slave is not greater than his master. If our dear Lord LITERALLY washed the feet of HIS "brothers" ("Who is my mother and brothers? He that does the will of the father is my mother and brothers")... how can we NOT do so, as well???

He didn't come to just do stuff and WE not do the same, dear one. Or to just SAY stuff... and we not LISTEN. But remember, we're not to just be hearers... but DOERS... yes? EVERYTHING he did... or told his disciples/apostles... US... to do... we should DO. Yes? Because that is HOW we MANIFEST our FAITH: by our WORKS. Which works are NOT ritual washings, etc.,... or attending meetings, participating in "field service"... or "counting time."

Our WORKS are the "works" of the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, which STARTS with OBEYING Him... which means listening to... and obeying... His Son.

We can't make disciples of CHRIST, luv, if we don't teach what HE did. If we teach as to our OWN understanding... rather than as to what Christ SAID... and SAYS... then we are making disciples, yes... but not of HIM. We are making them of others, whose FALSE teachings and doctrines are designed to and have been mislead(ing) EVEN the chosen ones... since Adham. Or, as the one who misled Eve did... making them of ourselves.

That is not what we're SUPPOSED to be doing... and in the end, it will not go well with those who DO. BUT... such is allowed to CONTINUE... with no (apparent/visible) repercussions... only because the "harvest" has not yet occurred. For NOW, the "weeds" are allowed to grow right along with the "wheat"... even appearing similar. We, though, don't HAVE to BE misled. WE... can LISTEN to the One SENT to LEAD us. GUIDE us. TEACH us. TRAIN us... to BE king-priests... in God's kingdom.

We won't be such, however, if we don't learn to listen... and obey... that Very One. Because he ALONE knows what it TAKES to be such a king-priest. Because HE has already conquered and FULFILLED... HIS part. NOW, he is WORTHY.. he ALONE... to teach US... and then send US... to teach others. Until such ones (can) come to HIM, so as to be taught by him... ALONE... too!

I hope this helps, dear one, truly. We don't HAVE to wonder and speculate about these things, though. Our Lord and King LIVES. He is ALIVE... and SPEAKS. All WE need do... is LISTEN.

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear, dear brother!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:51 pm 

But Shel, WHAT are we supposed to be doing in remembrance of Him until He returns?
And why?

His death is what grants us salvation, NOTHING we do is greater than His sacrifice for us, He has already DONE what NEEDED to be done.
So why do we partake?
Out of LOVE for Him, in Remembrance of Him and ALL He did, NOT to be saved BUT because we love Him.
Now, WHAT do we do? when do we do it? how many times?

I will now only speak for myself based on what is my understanding:
I do it everyday, every time I sit down to eat ( or at least I try, being human means that sometimes I, well, forget BUT there are times I choose not to and for that I ask His forgiveness always).
Everything I eat, is His body and everything I drink is His blood, to me HIS WORDS are what sustain Us, His words, His Love.

See, I don't believe/think that we should set apart a special day or special event but that every time we come together WITH OUR LORD, we should remember Him and partake of Him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:38 pm 

Quote:
BUT because we love Him.

And if one loves him then what? He said (and says):

"If anyone loves me, they will obey my commands."

All of His commands (yes, of course, keeping in mind that we will make mistakes, hence we may be forgiven because we are in Him, and His blood covers us). And does HE command us arbitrarily, or because HE loves us and knows what WE need to have life, to be forgiven, to be in union with Him?

He said for us to take this, his body, and eat... and to take this, his blood, and drink. To KEEP doing this in remembrance of Him. And before He said this, He said:

"Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you."

And you DO eat and drink of Him... His body and blood in 'bread and wine' (or cracker and juice or even water if that is all that is available... because it is the OBEDIENCE that matters)... BECAUSE you love Him. You eat and drink of Him because you love Him and He told you to do this. He told you to do this because... "Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you have no life in you"... and... "Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood real drink."

This is not to say that His word and revelations and instructions are not also manna given to us to eat, of course. He IS the faithful and discreet slave who gives us food at the proper time.

But He also said:

"He who is faithful in little, is faithful in much."

If we are faithful in obeying His command to "keep doing this in remembrance of me", then we show that we may be faithful in MORE and so are able to receive more (manna).

But yes, we obey because we LOVE. Because HE loved us FIRST. By coming and giving his life and His blood FOR us.

Peace and love to you, my brother,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:20 pm 

But Shel, WHAT are we supposed to doing in remembrance of Him until He returns?

I know this was addressed to our sister Shelby but I would like to offer some verses as to what the spirit directed me to share with you my brother.

What are we supposed to be be doing in remembrance? In obedience to our Lord one is,

Luk 22:19
And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.

1Cor 11:24
and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

1Co 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood;do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

His death is what grants us salvation, NOTHING we do is greater than His sacrifice for us, He has already DONE what NEEDED to be done.

And yet he still says...

1Co 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

1Co 11:26
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

Everything I eat, is His body and everything I drink is His blood, to me HIS WORDS are what sustain Us, His words, His Love.

Although we want to have the same mind and heart as our dear Lord when he said " his food was to do the will of him that sent me"...

What did our Lord tell us was true food verses the physical food that we must eat to sustain our flesh?
Did he say that everything we consume was true food?

Jhn 6:55
For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

I know you understand the importance of this and the Love you have for our Lord!
Thank you,

Peace be upon you and your household,
Your sister and fellow slave of CHRIST, Kim.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:43 am 

ALL that both dear tec and dear 'Mom shared with you is true, dear P (peace to you ALL!). As I was reading your comments/questions, though, I received from our dear Lord the "what"... and the "why"... both of which are new to ME:

The "what" - Partake of the SYMBOLS that represent HIS flesh and HIS blood... NOW...

The "why" - A multifold "reason":

1. Because he SAID to do so; and so
2. Doing so is not only an act of obedience, but ALSO a MANIFESTATION of our FAITH; and
3. FAITH is what preserves us alive.

And I knew all of that. What I DIDN'T know was "why" we must do it. And what I learned from him TONIGHT is:

Because it is TRAINING us for the FUTURE... when we must TRULY eat his flesh and TRULY drink his blood! Saaaay... WHAT... now?

Yes, dear ones, I said truly eat his flesh and drink his blood. And the basis for that... if you can receive it... is that Israel ALREADY DID once before... and Israel will do so, AGAIN:

"Human beings ate the bread of angels;
he sent them all the food they could eat. Psalm 78:25

"I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” John 6:48-51

"On the last and greatest day of the festival, [Jesus] stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty and believes in me come to me and drink. As Scripture has said, 'Out of HIM streams of living water will flow.' By this he meant the Spirit, which those who believed in him were later to receive." John 7:37-39; 4:14; Exodus 17:6; Numbers 20:8

Note, CHRIST was the "rock" that issued forth water to sustain Israel:

"... I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. They [b][u]all ate the same spiritual food and [i]drank the same spiritual drink;
for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ." 1 Corinthians 10:1-5; Exodus 17:6

The POINT, dear ones, is that he is PREPARING us... TRAINING us... NOW... for something we will need to do... LATER. Remember, we become "like the angels." And, as Psalm 78:25 states, men at the bread... OF angels. I have shared with you before the vision I had of spirit beings "eating"... and the "food" the consumed, rather than passing THROUGH them (as our food does us), it remained IN them and the MORE the ate the STRONGER they become. It energized/RENEWED them.

It will be the same for us:

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations." Revelation 22:1, 2

(Note, while the river flows from the throne of God, it does NOT flow from the THRONE of the Lamb. It flows... FROM THE LAMB. OUT of him (because it flows... THROUGH him! "OUT of him streams of living water will flow"...).

That Lamb.... who is the ROCK from which living water flows... is ALSO the TREE (True Vine, Root of Jesse, Sprout! - John 15:1; Isaiah 11:10; Romans 15:12; Zechariah 3:8)... of LIFE (John 14:6)... the "leaves" of which CURE/HEAL the nations.

That "living water"... is the BLOOD of Christ, HOLY SPIRIT... which "blood" he received from his Father, the MOST HOLY One of Israel JAH of Armies... HIS blood, breath, and seed that HE passed to HIS Son... and those "leaves"... are the FLESH of that Son, he... Tree (of Life).

And so, just as Israel ate the manna from heaven (the "bread" that is the flesh of Christ) and drank water (from the rockmass that is Christ) while in the wilderness THEN... and spirit beings still eat the manna from heaven (the "bread" that is the flesh of Christ) NOW... WE shall eat the same "bread"... the leaves of the Tree of Life, which Tree is Christ and which leaves are his flesh... and drink tehe same "living water,"... the blood of Christ... holy spirit... THEN.

Why do it SYMBOLICALLY, though, NOW? Because, dear ones... our PHYSICAL BODIES CANNOT HANDLE the REAL DEAL. Our vessels simply cannot handle the amount of DYNAMIC ENERGY that it would receive as a RESULT of eating the TRUE flesh and drinking the TRUE blood... of Christ. Remember, Israel ate and drank... and yet died. WE WILL NOT DIE. How much MORE life-giving energy, then, we WILL partake of... as to what THEY partook of?

And so here is the "rub," dear ones:

The reason our dear Lord has asked us to partake of his flesh and blood... symbolically... NOW... is so that we are TRAINED to obey him when he gives of himself LITERALLY... albeit as a SPIRIT... THEN. We are being TRAINED... as to HOW to eat from the Tree of Life... and DRINK from the RIVER of (holy spirit) that will FLOW from him! Which we will need to do according to HIS VOICE. Thing is: if we can't obey and do so NOW... how in the WORLD will we be able to do so... THEN?

We won't. We will be afraid... beg off... what have you.

But this training NOW... is CRUCIAL. Remember, he that is faith in what is LEAST... is faithful... in MUCH. By obeying an doing so NOW... when it's just a bit of unleavened bread and a swallow of wine... we are PREPARING ourselves for what is to COME. We will eat and drink THEN... because we will have been TRAINED to do so. That training being the result of our OBEDIENCE. If we won't beg off now, when it's just a bit of unleavened bread... and a swallow of wine... we won't beg off THEN... which it's a much GREATER "meal"! If we DO beg off now... we will, in NO way, be prepared for what we will have to do THEN.

And THAT is the reason "why," dear P. Because he has commanded us to do so. NOT because it benefits HIM... but it WILL benefit US. By means of our OBEYING... even this seemingly small thing, we are:

1. Obeying his voice
2. Demonstrating our faith
3. Learning how to consistently eat and drink from him
4. Preparing for the FUTURE need to eat and drink from him, and so
5. Developing LIFE... WTHIN ourselves, because
6. We will be ABLE to eat and drink... THEN... rather than beg off.

And so, as dear James wrote:

Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. DO what he SAYS. James 1:22

I, SA, have shared this truth with you, just as I received it from our dear Lord, the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah), who didn't say the things he did for HIS sake, dear ones - he said them... for OUR sakes. OUR benefit. When one realizes this, one can STOP looking for reasons NOT to "do" as he SAID.

I hope this helps!

Peace to you, ALL!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:07 am 

Quote:
The POINT, dear ones, is that he is PREPARING us... TRAINING us... NOW... for something we will need to do... LATER. Remember, we become "like the angels." And, as Psalm 78:25 states, men at the bread... OF angels. I have shared with you before the vision I had of spirit beings "eating"... and the "food" the consumed, rather than passing THROUGH them (as our food does us), it remained IN them and the MORE the ate the STRONGER they become. It energized/RENEWED them.

Wow Shelby. Just wow.

I understood it was showing our obedience and a manifestation of our faith but we can see here that there is a future understanding. Wow.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:53 am 

Loz wrote:
Quote:

Wow Shelby. Just wow.

I understood it was showing our obedience and a manifestation of our faith but we can see here that there is a future understanding. Wow.

Loz x

Yes Wow! Good morning and peace to you Loz,

Obedience NOW in preparation for LATER...

Mat 26:29
I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

Thank you Shelby for sharing what you have heard " just so"".

Your sister and fellow slave of our Lord, Kim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:09 pm 

Why do it SYMBOLICALLY, though, NOW? Because, dear ones... our PHYSICAL BODIES CANNOT HANDLE the REAL DEAL. Our vessels simply cannot handle the amount of DYNAMIC ENERGY that it would receive as a RESULT of eating the TRUE flesh and drinking the TRUE blood... of Christ. Remember, Israel ate and drank... and yet died. WE WILL NOT DIE. How much MORE life-giving energy, then, we WILL partake of... as to what THEY partook of?

This may be why when we ask for CHRIST to give us spiritual food/ manna why it's important as the verse says ( and we all know it) at Matthew 24:45 that he/ CHRIST/ gives us our food/manna at the PROPER time? He knows what we can handle. The same way he gave the Israelites their daily manna to sustain them. Not too much, not too little.

Thanks for sharing these wonderful truths,
Your sister and fellow slave of our Lord Kim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:28 am 

Quote:
who didn't say the things he did for HIS sake, dear ones - he said them... for OUR sakes. OUR benefit. When one realizes this, one can STOP looking for reasons NOT to "do" as he SAID.

Absolutely!

Nothing more to add to that.

Peace to you!

tammy