xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:14 am 

Hello, my real name is Masakazu. I'm Japanese. Today, I've posted here for the first time.

I was disfellowshipped in 2008, because I chose to obey God rather than human.

I reported the unscriptural conduct in the congregation. However, the elders dismissed it. I sent letters to Japanese branch. But, they too rejected it. I was considered a person disobedient to the organization. I did notwithdrawthat claim. So, the organization disfellowshipped me as apostate. However, I believe that I chose the righteousness of Jehovah.

I have continued to attend the meeting of JW. I basically agree with the doctrine of JW. But I recognize the fact that they are corrupt. I think JW will be judged soon by Jesus Christ. About my opinion, see https://sites.google.com/site/jwbibleprophesies/00

Everyone, I can not understand complex English. If possible, please answer briefly the following questions.

1. Do you believe Jehovah God and the Bible?
2. Do you think JW is God's organization?
3. Do you recognize the corruption of JW?
4. What do you think about my opinion?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:39 am 

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about how you've been treated. These are big questions that don't always have yes or no answers.

1. I believe that Jahveh is the creator and Almighty God. I believe that some of the bible is inspired.

2. No, I don't believe that they are God's organisation.

3. They are NOT the 'truth'. Christ is the Truth.

4. I think it's good that you stand by what you believe is right.

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:29 am 

Konnichi wa Masakazu-san, XJW e yookoso. Hajimemashite doozo yoroshiku!

And that is all the Japanese I remember from high school!

My friend, arigato for sharing your story. I too agree that the JWs are corrupt. The reason I wish to have nothing to do with them is simple:

Jesus said at Luke 21:8 that in the end times many would go around saying they were representing Jesus and proclaiming that the end is near. JWs do exactly both of these things. Jesus clearly said "Do not follow them."

Organised religion is useful for making friends with likeminded people, but not necessary for personal salvation. If sticking by Jesus is what you want, a personal relationship with him is what you need.

Ki o tsukete :-)

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:17 am 

Hello Masakazu! :)

I really do think the JWs are really no different from other Christian denominations out there. They got some doctrines right and some wrong. But the dangerous thing about them, in my opinion, is that they don't like the central authority being challenged, and so if they indeed are in serious error, you are obliged to follow them all the way or else be apostate.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 am 

Welcome Masakazu Image

It is so nice to see someone from Japan here, I understand that there is many JW's there.

You did the right thing by telling threm they were wrong.

They are NOT Jehovah's organization as they are corrupt and they lie about him and his son Jesus.

It is like other religions in that it has become corrupt and they do not love their members, they use and control them for their own selfish reasons.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:26 am 

I believe that Jahveh is God and that, for some, they use the "name" Jehovah to refer to "Him".
I believe that bible is the word of God as written by men inspired by the HS to write about what they saw, experienced and heard from God.
I believe the bible is like all other things in THIS world and that is in need of redemption and, like all other things in this world, that redemption is IN and THROUGH Christ.

NO organization is God's organization.

Yes and in all other religious organizations and in ourselves as well.

I believe you follower your heart and your understanding.

Yokoso !

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 am 

Hello, Masakazu!

A very warm welcome! :D

To answer your questions:

1. I firmly believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. I believe that he told Moses his name was Jehovah, and yes, I do believe in the Bible.

2. I do not think that the JW's are God's organisation. Not at all.

3. Yes, the JW's are a corrupt organisation.

4. I agree with your opinion of them. But, you say that you agree with the doctrine of the JW's. i do not. Although they have some things right, they have many more things wrong. They are liars, and they seek their own power.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:03 am 

Welcome, Masakazu!

Quote:

The first three questions have a related answer.

I do not believe God's name is "Jehovah"; that is a centuries-old translation error. More importantly, to use someone's name is to assume a position of equality or superiority. Parents call their children by name, parents call each other by name, but children call their parents "father" and "mother". This was well understood by the Israelites in Old Testament times. They did not utter God's name, save one time each year, only by the high priest, and only in the Holy of Holies. At all other times they used respectful addresses such as "Adonai" (Lord). The vowel marks of the tetragram were those for Adonai, reminding the reader to not pronounce the name, but to say "Lord" instead.

I believe God, when the Holy Spirit has spoken through His prophets. I do not believe that the Watchtower Society, the Governing Body, Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, Covington, et al are His prophets. "When a prophet speaks in the name of YHWH and the thing does not happen and the word is not fulfilled, then it has not been spoken by YHWH. The prophet has spoken with presumption. You have nothing to fear from him." (Deut 18:22)

Quote:

I think it shows that you are honestly seeking God and thinking about how to know Him. Keep doing that! I'm glad to see you here.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:10 am 

Welcome Masakazu!

Quote:
because I chose to obey God rather than human.

Good for you!

Quote:

I believe in God. I believe in Christ. The bible may serve as a witness to Christ. But to know and see God, then one must look at Christ. See Christ, see God.

Quote:

No. God has no organization. God has one Truth and one Image, and that One is Christ. We are to listen to Him, and not to any organization pretending or claiming to be the truth.

Quote:

Yes. They are not the Truth. They cannot teach the truth, because they do not know the truth themselves. They get some things right so that they sound true (which is why so many people who are looking for the truth are drawn to them); but they are wrong in their understanding. They look to the law and put people back under the law, instead of looking to Christ and finding freedom in Christ.

Quote:

I agree that we are to obey God, rather than man. That means we are to listen to Christ, first and foremost, and we are to love one another as He loves us.

As to their doctrine... they get some things a little bit right, and a little bit wrong. They have 'some' understanding, but not full understanding. That is because they are not looking at the actual Truth, who is Christ. Anyone who studies the bible is going to come to some understandings... but no one is going to come to the full understanding, unless one learns from the Truth, Himself, who is Christ.

"You diligently study the scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life!

Again, welcome to the forum, and I am very glad to meet you!

Peace to you,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:19 am 

GLTirebiter wrote:
Quote:

I believe that the name "Jehovah" is merely an Anglicisation of the Hebrew.

Quote:
More importantly, to use someone's name is to assume a position of equality or superiority. Parents call their children by name, parents call each other by name, but children call their parents "father" and "mother". This was well understood by the Israelites in Old Testament times. They did not utter God's name, save one time each year, only by the high priest, and only in the Holy of Holies. At all other times they used respectful addresses such as "Adonai" (Lord). The vowel marks of the tetragram were those for Adonai, reminding the reader to not pronounce the name, but to say "Lord" instead.

I believe God, when the Holy Spirit has spoken through His prophets. I do not believe that the Watchtower Society, the Governing Body, Russell, Rutherford, Knorr, Franz, Covington, et al are His prophets. "When a prophet speaks in the name of YHWH and the thing does not happen and the word is not fulfilled, then it has not been spoken by YHWH. The prophet has spoken with presumption. You have nothing to fear from him." (Deut 18:22)

I heartily agree with what you've written here, GL! :D

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:46 pm 

Welcome! Saw you recently over on JWN. Glad you found your way here.

1. Yes. I'm used to the names Jehovah and Jesus, though I understand now that those are not the real names.

2. No

3. Yes

4. I think JWs, like other similar religions, are part of Bible prophecy. I do not think they are the only fulfillment of Bible prophecy. They, among others, are among those whom I believe Christ will say, "I never knew you."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 am 

Ummmmm... I would'a swore (were I a swearin' girl - I'm not, though) that I did a response here when I got back... but now I can't seem to see it! Ah, well... will redo in a bit.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

Shellama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:35 pm 

Welcome Masakasu....

Your are listening and following the voice of Holy Spirit that we were taught that only the GB or FDS could supposedly hear and share with the great crowd through the pages of the Watchtower.

To answer as briefly as well as the others to your questions:

1). I do believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the creator of our universe and that he is the Most holy one of Israel and His name is JAHVEH or JAH at Psalms 68:4 and the entire chapters in the NWT of 147-150. I do believe that parts not all of the bible are inspired as it mentions and that it is a tool to lead us to Christ which IS the TRUTH! It is he that can dispense Holy Spirit to those seeking, knocking and asking for it and it is FREE!

2.) I do NOT believe that the JW are Gods organization. I believe that His chosen ones have and still do exist enslaved inside this entity as did all the Israel prior because of a lack of faith and stubbornness allowed themselves to become slaves of men all over again. History repeats itself as you have brought out. It is when Israel hears and obeys the call of the fine shepherd and master Christ which his name is Jaheshua, the holy one of Jah...and allows HIM to lead them OUT, not stay IN, that we now belong to him as " HIS SHEEP. "
Remember " MY sheep know my voice and follow me."

3) Absolutely, I do see the corruption of the organization. It is full of wolves in sheeps clothing, false CHRISTs and false prophets. It is more reprehensible than other Christians religions because it is the only one who " shuts up the kingdom of the heavens". By not allowing sheep to enter into the new covenant by partaking of the flesh of the son of man and drinking his blood at the memorial.
It is unclean and corrupt as it only takes " a little leaven to ferment the whole lump."
It is why the call is to be heeded for gods people, " To get out of her ( Babylon the great) so as not to share with her in her sins and receive part of her plagues. Revelation 18:4
" To quit touching that which is unclean."

4) As to your opinion, my brother, continue to listen to the voice of our Lord and master and allow Holy Spirit to guide your steps and lead you into all Truth which is the son!
We are here for you, thank you for sharing your experienced.

Love to you and your family
Justmom