Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: You can call me Strypes
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

STRYPES SAID

Howdee y'all.

This site is called "xjwsforChrist" and I just joined but I was never a jw.

They rejected me big time.. I didn't know it at the time but I was "marked" from day one.

My interest in JW's began in 2005 when I met someone that I totally fell for who was "born in". I loved him dearly (still do) and he is the one that "Sparked" my desire to know the Truth about "Da Truth".

I was invited here today by AGuest. We met on JWN. Thank you for the invite.

: )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:55 pm 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

Hello Strypes.

I was a two year study, and I almost joined, but in the end, did not.

Welcome to the board

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:56 pm 
Site Admin

LOZ SAID

Hello and welcome Strypes.

Loz x

Site Admin

STRYPES SAID

Thank you for the welcome.

I was only a Study (assigned to the main elder's wife) for only a couple of months. I have been a born again believer since 1979 and I was so totally clueless regarding the jw organization. It is my belief that most "regular" Christians are clueless as NONE of my friends knew anything more about this cult than I did, which wasn't much. It took me a couple of years but I finally found the answer to my questions (thank God for the internet!). I wanted to find "common ground" and what I discovered was the common ground should have been at Calvary but it was not. JW Jesus is NOT Jesus at all and therefore the mean spirited tyrant god "Jehovah" is not Lord God King of the Universe and the very first thing they tried to get me to do in the "study" was to deny the Holy Spirit and place my trust in the FDS as my sole source of spiritual food. So we were stuck on page one for months...When she would ask me to read a scripture, I would read it in context.. made her angry. When she would try to explain 1914 I totally could not comprehend the concept. I asked a lot of questions and got very few answers and the answers I got were .. crap.

Then I got a phone call late one night and she "terminated" our "study"and by then my friend's jw mother had convinced him that I was bad association and he stopped talking to me (for about three years) but we are friends again now.

I really just wanted to understand him and to understand what happened. It took a while but I finally gained an understanding, and in the process of researching the cult, I gained a love for jws, especially ex jws. It is hard to explain but my heart breaks for y'all. I think Spiritual abuse is horrendous.

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Welcome, dear Strypes, and peace to you! You are among non-JW friends here, too, as a few of our members were never JWs (we chose the name due to the connection to JWN... and the fact that many of us were JWs... and ALL of us had SOME connection - marriage, study, membership).

Please, pull up a cushion, chair, beanbag and make yourself comfy. If you find somethings posted here that are a bit... ummmmm... weird or hard to swallow, don't despair. Everyone is open and anyone willing clarify if you need. We don't ask or require anyone to agree but we do require all to treat one another civilly and with a basic level of respect.

Glad to have you with us and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Hello and welcome Strypes...

Glad you are here with us.... Hope we may be able to help in any way possible....

Love Justmom

My husband and my sons have been out of the WT for 15 years. My husband was in a born-in JW and me since 6 yrs old. Had a lot of baggage lol and detoxing to go through.
But we are here and we are thankful. Praise Jah!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

ZOE SAID

Welcome Strypes

You sound like a very caring lady, studying with the JWs because of your wanted to understand your boyfriend. Good for you for standing strong with your beliefs when they could not prove their teachings. I think thats so cool that they terminated you because they couldnt brainwash you LOL. What bullies.

Zoe

Site Admin

Thank you all for welcoming me here. I love my friend. His name is Mark and he was never really my "boy friend". We were very close for a time but our moment in the sun was cut short by the crazy cult and Christians behaving badly.

Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

Hello, Strypes!

I somehow didn't notice your introductory thread yesterday. I too was never a full JW. I was a Catholic who got talking with JW's through particular circumstances, spent many, many months arguing and trying to explain why they were wrong, and then, to cut a long story short, eventually became an unbaptised publisher for several months. However, eventually I realised with horror that I'd been pressured and lured into a psychological, manipulative trap, and I got out so fast you wouldn't have seen me for dust!

So basically, like Tec, I was a two-year study that ran away just in time! After many months of shock and some distress at where I found myself, I eventually went back to the Catholic Church and also joined this site, pretty well simultaneously. So you'll see we all have very different backgrounds, and some different beliefs, but the common thread running through us is either a love for Christ and a wish to serve him, and so therefore a love for each and everyone, or a sincere desire among some to learn more about him.

So, welcome to this forum and I hope you'll find it a very good place to be!

Site Admin

STRYPES SAID

I am glad you escaped!

Thank you for the kind welcome.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

144001 SAID

Quote:
Quote:
I think Spiritual abuse is horrendous.

Amen, Strypes. Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:36 am 

Welcome Strypes. What an interesting story --- have only read 2 of your posts and so glad you're here. They dumped me as a study during their crash course blue study book back in early 80's for asking so many questions and not making progress (attending meetings, etc.). What an evil org! Too bad my brain went south and I resumed the study many yrs. in the future at which time they told me they didn't try to rush people anymore but had become more "selective" in later yrs. What a lie! This study gal (an ex bethelite) didn't know I'd studied briefly, previously.

What a heart wrenching experience you've been through. I'm sorry.

Best to you.