xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Luvconquersall Hello
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

LUVCONQUERSALL SAID

I grew up attending the "Church of Christ". My first experience with JW's was a story I heard of a school friend whose father burned the family Christmas tree in the front yard. Fast forward a few years and I started studying with the Witnesses as my new husband was inactive and wanted to get back in. Became a "Witness", but never felt quite right. I never made all the meetings, disliked going out in "Field Service", hated having to turn time in, feeling like I never measured up and was not worthy of having life through the eating of Christ's flesh and the drinking of his blood. Fast forward a few more years and I was so excited to learn that belonging to a man made organization was never a requirement. Freedom!

Post subject: Re: Luvconquersall Hello
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:57 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Welcome, dear LCA... and peace to you! Many more than I ever knew/understood can apparently relate to:

Quote:
never felt quite right... never made all the meetings... disliked going out in "Field Service"... hated having to turn time in... feeling like I never measured up and was not worthy of having life through the eating of Christ's flesh and the drinking of his blood.

It was that last part... them trying to make me think I was not worthy to eat and drink the flesh and blood of Christ... that always caused me great consternation. The truth is... who IS worthy? No one. That's why it's called UNdeserved kindness... aka... mercy.

To the contrary, what made ME feel "unclean"... and "unworthy"... was when I passed that plate and glass by. It was as if I had... well, passed life by. Which, apparently, I had. And so, many times I would just go home and cry! I KNEW what dear Peter felt like when he denied our Lord... because each time I felt the SAME way!

But no more, dear one... no more. I heard the call... and although it took me some time, I finally responded... when my Lord said to ME:

"Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, child, you have no life in yourself."

What an epiphany! May ALL those with ears to do so hear and receive such a "revelation", as well, when the Spirit and the Bride say to THEM:

"Come! Take 'life's water'.
.. the holy spirit and blood of God, which blood is poured out from the innermost part of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... free!"

And it has been free, dear one... from day one. Indeed, I have been the one receiving a "wage", not paying one.

Again welcome... and peace to you!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

Welcome, luvconquersall!

Freedom is an amazing feeling isn't it? I catch myself, every once in a while, carrying around a chain I didn't know i had around me. Sometimes we're just so used to them, we don't even know they're there. I feel so good every time our Lord helps me to see one, and cast it off.

Peace to you,

tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

Dearest LCA,

It is so wonderful to be free, isn't it?
Welcome to the group.

Love and hugs,
Gramma Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28