xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:43 pm 
Site Admin

CJ SAID

Hello! My name is CJ, and I have been out of the "Truth" since about 1986. I was born and raised in Florida, and my wandering spirit has led me to live in several different states as well as Canada. I am happy to have found a life after the Watchtower. Unfortunately, my Father died as a JW. My Mother is still in, as well as a few other family members, so I experience shunning like many of you also do.

Some of my unfortunate experiences within the Org. caused me to question the very existence of God at times, but since then, I have been praying and working on having a relationship with him again.

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories, and I hope that I can be a friend, while offering a hearing ear or a shoulder to cry on as we share our triumphs and our tears.

Wishing everyone warmth. light, love and happiness as we support each other from the damage that the Watchtower has caused and continues to do to us as well as our families.

Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Welcome CJ

And we ARE here for you to share as we too will share with you

love
justmom

Site Admin

TEC SAID

Welcome CJ, and thank you for your warm wishes of love and peace! I am happy to meet you.

Your name threw me for a moment... my son likes to be called CJ sometimes as well (initials), lol.

Peace and love to you as well!

tammy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Greetings, dear CJ (peace to you!), and welcome! So glad you could drop in and hope you can stay awhile. Please know that the forum is open to all, so if any ask, please feel free to share the location with them. As my invite stated, we love JWN and those there but just thought some might need a place to speak freely, without fear of undue attack or hostility. We welcome all comments, so long as they are civil/decent, albeit passionate. We do NOT want to stifle anyone's passion, regardless of their belief/disbelief; we just want those who don't want to "fight" SO much to be able to participate - LOL!

Again, good to see you... and peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:44 pm 
Site Admin

ANNEB SAID

Quote:
Quote:
Some of my unfortunate experiences within the Org. caused me to question the very existence of God at times, but since then, I have been praying and working on having a relationship with him again.

I think this happens more than people realize. In my own case it took three years. I couldn't pick up a Bible or engage in any spiritual discussion. It didn't start right after the unfortunate experience for me, there was a delay of about one year, then it hit.

Now, when I meet someone going through the exit process I know to watch for signs that something similar is happening to that person.

It doesn't last forever...but it sure feels like it will.

Hang in there, CJ. If it ain't right, it ain't over!