xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:20 am 

Quote:
I actually considered reporting this hijack to the admins until I realized it was all the admins that hijacked it. Sheeeeesh! //;).....Chrysalis

LOL!!!!!!!!!!..
Now thats funny!!..
Consider it an "exjwsforChrist Welcome"..
Things can get light hearted,it`s one of the things I like about this forum..
Well that and the fact it`s a safe place for all our guests here..
If there is a problem,I`m one of the people who takes care of it..
You can see what a great job I did here..LOL!!!!..

I still have everyone wondering what the ingredient is,to OUTLAWs Famous Sandwich..
Although it`s probably time to give you your thread back..LOL!!..We kept it warm for you while you were away..LOL!!..

...........................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:25 pm 

LOL... that is too funny. Oops ; )

Peace!

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:26 am 

I hoped we would have had Chrysalis' okay on this by now, because I had another guess. lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 am 

Hello! I just joined and I am looking for a serious-minded bible study group that meets 1-3 times a week by telephone. I am a Jehovah Witness that has 'faded away'. I hold no animosity for the Org, but am grateful to Jehovah through Jesus for helping break free the its hold on my mind.

I left my last study group, of 3 yrs, for personal reasons, but loved studying the scripture. We were just starting the book of Acts when I left. I am not looking for a group that just enjoys hashing the scriptures with each one trying to 'out do' each other because, to me, these are just 'intellectuals' and not true followers of Christ. I want a group that does discuss theology, but also discusses how to apply the verses in our daily life.

If there are any serious-minded people who know of a study group, in the United States, please post its contact info. And, I thank you in advance for this.

I was a JW for 35 yrs and am dedicated to the inspired scriptures, of Jehovah (Yahweh) and my savior Jesus Christ and I want to continue learning all that I am able, to keep drawing closer to my Almighty God through Jesus, to walk closer to the center of His Spiritual Path, forward towards His shining Light of Truth and Salvation.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:16 am 

Hello juju and welcome!

I can't recommend any 'bible study groups' but do hope you enjoy our forum where there is certainly lots of discussion about Jah and his son Christ. Our focus is about listening to Christ as we were told to, and thus learning to know him and his father more, and in truth.

I think there is further explanation/description in the Introductory section of the forum that you might like to look at.

Again, welcome and peace to you

Loz x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:36 am 

Greetings and peace to you dear Juju,

I am in agreement with our sister Loz, peace to you.

There is wonderful conversation of Jah ( jahveh) and Christ and sharing of individuals here on this forum.

But we not meet out side of here as a " bible study" group. The danger with this as seen from my experience is that then someone other than Christ who IS our ONLY leader desires to be followed. Then individuals tend to put one other back " under law" all over again using rules to follow and following the opinions of certain individuals in "the bible" ( eg., Paul, Peter) when we are to " look to" and follow our ONLY shepherd and the lead of His voice. John 10.

What IS SCRIPTURE points us to Christ and from there Holy Spirit which is FREE is our teacher.
1 John2:26-29

I always especially appreciated John 5:39-41 and you might as well

" You keep searching the Scriptures, because you think by means of them you will have everlasting life, and THESE are the very ones that bear witness about ME. And yet you do not want to COME TO ME that you may have life."

He is The TRUE water source. That water being Holy Spirit. The water he told us that if we come to him, those that are thirsting...and drink from Him...we would never thirst again.
That we would never thirst for water from another source again.
Water that is tainted, dirty, wormwood, NOT pure but from another source that is NOT From Him.

For me personally after coming out of the WTBS my whole life at 36 years of age, I have found as Peter said, there is not " a where" to turn to...BUT " a whom"...and it is our Lord Jaheshua, the chosen one of Jah.

And when His law of love is in our hearts and we live that law not just say it, there becomes no need for " the stone tablet". ( books and bibles). This is what " walking by faith and not by sight means". And Jah not dwelling in any temple hand/man made but dwelling in us.

True, we may reference some of what is written as a reminder, or for those that don't yet have His law written on their hearts or lack the faith in order to hear him speak yet...
but ALL scripture ( which is NOT the entire bible) points and leads to Christ and it is by means of Him, no one else that we test every inspiried expression.

I'm sure others will share but I hope that you find encouragement,
Peace and love to you, your servant and fellow slave of Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:15 pm 

Peace to you and welcome juju. I don't have much to add to what dear Loz and Justmom have written in their welcomes. We don't have any kind of organized bible study group, but if there is an issue in the bible that you wish to discuss there are certainly sections of the forum where that may be done. We do have some fellowship with one another here, and share as Christ has given us to share, and help to build on another up in Christ. So perhaps you will enjoy some of that with us if you like.

The Intro is a good place to know what we are about, as Loz said. Here is the link in case you have not checked it out yet:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=775

Again, welcome, and peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:45 pm 

Greetings, welcome (again?) and peace to you, dear Juju... and "ditto" what our dear sisters stated above. We do "meet" here... as the Spirit leads us and as our lives permit. That can mean daily, at times (and even several times per day).

I can understand the desire for phone contact - next to seeing a person "in the flesh," nothing like hearing another's voice to help one get to "know" them, eh? May I offer that what we've learned is that, really, the only voice we need be concerned about is that of Christ, who said:

“Most truly I say to you, the one who does not enter into the sheepfold through the door but climbs in by another way, that one is a thief and a plunderer. But the one who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. The doorkeeper opens to this one, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. When he has brought all his own out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. They will by no means follow a stranger but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.”

“Most truly I say to you, I am the door for the sheep. All those who have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them.

I am the door; [u]whoever enters through me will be saved, and that one will go in and out and find pasturage. The thief does not come unless it is to steal and slay and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance. I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherd surrenders his life* in behalf of the sheep. The hired man, who is not a shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them— because he is a hired man and does not care for the sheep. I am the fine shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I surrender my life in behalf of the sheep.

“And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.

And...

"My sheep listen to my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

There is a LOT more of what Christ stated recorded in John, Chapter 10, and I encourage you to read that, if you need to. I say "need to" because, as dear 'Mom (peace to you, dear sister!) shared above, we really don't need to search the Bible/Scriptures, but simply go to Christ. Once we've done that, then, as dear 'Mom also shared and John wrote, we don't need anyone to be teaching us because the anointing [with holy spirit, the "oil of exultation") that we receive from Christ teaches us ALL things. We can only get that oil... anointing... if we go to Christ and "buy" it from him. Revelation 3:17, 18

Again, peace to you... and welcome!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:48 pm 

Thank you each and every one of you that replied so quickly to my post. I have taken into consideration what you have all written and I will, from time to time, visit and leave a posting. Until then, I pray that all my brothers and sisters rejoice in our Almighty Father's Grace and Mercy through His only begotten son, Jesus Christ.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:54 pm 

Quote:
But we not meet out side of here as a " bible study" group. The danger with this as seen from my experience is that then someone other than Christ who IS our ONLY leader desires to be followed. Then individuals tend to put one other back " under law" all over again using rules to follow and following the opinions of certain individuals

Sorry juju, there's no bible study group on earth i would recommend even if they were right in front of me and full of nice people. Corruption comes so easily when others are looking at us and admiring the little bits of wisdom that holy spirit gives us. We start to take credit for that wisdom. it's like Moses thumping the rock with his staff and saying 'You like all that water, eh? i am the guy to talk to. it's my wisdom that brings you this water' then God gave Moses the death sentence. Moses died before crossing the Jordan. if a great guy like Moses can mess up, how much more likely the everyday schmuck preaching from his glorious pulpit in front of a congregation or even just a small group? Jesus said something about going in your closet to pray instead of all dramatic in front of men.

"For whenever people of the nations that do not have law do by nature the things of the law . . . They are the very ones who demonstrate the matter of the law to be written in their hearts" (Romans 2:14-15)