xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:53 am 

Hi everyone! Just joined today. I am not an xjw but I have come out of mainstream religion. I left the organized system about 8 years ago and believe I was led out by the Lord. I only left the 'organized religion system' and still maintain a strong and faithful relationship with Jesus. Looking forward to some good biblical discussions as we all grow together.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:51 am 

Greetings, welcome, and peace to you!

This forum tends to go in spurts, so check back often. Feel free to browse existing topics. There are many gems to be found. Feel free to tell us about yourself if you feel so inclined. While the name of the forum indicates most here are ex-JWs, that's not always the case. The main focus is that we are FOR CHRIST. We do touch on JW teachings often, so you may learn a thing or two about that. But we're mostly interested in our Lord and his truth.

Again, welcome to the forum! :D
~LQ

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:15 am 

Welcome Chrysalis! Great name!

I am not an actual xjw either, as I never got baptized. I did study with them for two years, and had just decided to join them, when my Lord told me to read again something that I had misunderstood those last two years. I stopped studying after that. So as dear Leaving said, our focus is upon Christ, and we are for Him.

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=775

So welcome, welcome! Looking forward to talking more with you!

Peace to you,
your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 11:31 am 

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

First and foremost I am so grateful to hear that the focus is simply on Jesus Christ and His Truth. That's the very reason I left organized religion, too much focus on man's traditions and not enough encouragement for growth by allowing Christ to live in and through us and simply trusting that as born again believers we have the Holy Spirit as our teacher, comforter and guide.

And yes...Chrysalis is representative of how I see myself as a christian. I am clothed in Christ Jesus awaiting the fullness of who I will be when He appears...the 'butterfly'.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:15 pm 

Quote:
The main focus is that we are FOR CHRIST. ... we're mostly interested in our Lord and his truth.

Indeed, dear LQ (mornin' and peace to you and your household, dear brother!). In him AS the Truth, as well as all that he SAYS, because we know IT is truth! Thank you for stating that; it was a wonderful opening to my day!

Greetings and WELCOME, dear Chyrsalis! I am personally glad to hear that you give the glory for your coming out of organized religion to the One who called you out. I know him as "JahEShua" (pronounced "Yah eh shoo ah", or "Joshua" in English, meaning "JaH is Salvation"/"Salvation of JaH"), the Chosen One (GR. "Kristos" or English "Christ") of God... Whom I know as "JaHVeH" ("JaH, Who breathes armies (of spirits) into existence").

I share that so that (1) you will know that "Jesus" is not the usual name some of us here use any longer (I won't go into why that is - there is a lot of information here on the site about it) and (2) you won't be put off by that. Some initially are put off by it because "Jesus" is the name organized religion taught them. Christ, however, knows his own name, just as he knows the name of each of his sheep (John 1:1-5). At some point, he reveals that name to those who are his, either directly or by allowing them to grasp the truth as to it.

There is no pressure here for anyone to use the name "JAHESHUA," so have no fear of that. But please, also, do not allow concern as to OUR using it cause you fear. It may (or may not) be unfamiliar to you... but I assure you: he IS the HOLY One of Israel and Son of God. He is alive... and, as you've perhaps learned... speaks. Maybe not with words, as most would imagine... but he does speak to his Body.

Again, welcome... and peace... to you and your household!

Your servant, sister, and FELLOW slave of Christ,

Shellamar, sending a greeting of love and peace to our dear sister, Tec, and her household, as well!

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 pm 

Greeting and YES welcome dear Chrysalis.....

Glad you are here! Yes, we are all from different backgrounds, but we seek CHRIST and His Truth which he is! " I am the way, the TRUTH and the life"...

Our desire is to follow him only no more as you mentioned man and their traditions.

Enjoy your stay, peace to you, your servant of our Lord Jaheshua, Kim g:)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 3:00 pm 

Hey Chrysalis!..
Quote:
we are all from different backgrounds, but we seek CHRIST and His Truth which he is!....JustMom

With the exception of me..LOL!!..

This is a forum where you can be comfortable discussing your faith and beliefs..
Enjoy..

.......................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 6:52 pm 

OUTLAW wrote:
Hey Chrysalis!..
Quote:
we are all from different backgrounds, but we seek CHRIST and His Truth which he is!....JustMom

With the exception of me..LOL!!..

This is a forum where you can be comfortable discussing your faith and beliefs..
Enjoy..

.......................Image...OUTLAW

LOLOL!!!...

Yes dear Outlaw, we love ya. Everyone can be comfortable!
Thanks for that, Kim

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 7:44 pm 

I agree...Jesus knows His own name and thankfully He also knows the hearts of those who love Him. No matter what we call Him, His sheep know His voice and a stranger's voice they will not follow. I can assure you all I do not offend easily and will take no offense to whatever name you choose to use for Him as long as we know WHO He is.

He is the perfect Son of God, sacrificed for the transgressions of the world. He rose from the dead and in His resurrection we too can have eternal life. Praise His holy name!

Moving on from the 'welcome' stage now and looking to begin a journey of sharing and fellowship in the Truth with all of you. Hope you don't mind my comments and questions as I peruse other topics on the forum.

Bless you all and thanks again :D

And just a side note....This Outlaw dude looks like trouble *grins maniacally*

And another side note....can someone explain this acronym for me please? I see it a lot here . WTBTS? Is it something to do with the Watchtower Society?

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:01 pm 

WTBTS = Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the official corporation name for Jehovah's Witnesses.

JWs have many names by which they go by. The religion is named Jehovah's Witnesses. There are many legal corporations, though. There's two WTBTS corporations. One in New York, one in Pennsylvania.

You will see us use WT, WTS (Watchtower Society), WTBTS, WTBS, "the Society", "the organization" and JWs to all refer to the same religious entity as a whole.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:22 am 

leaving_quietly wrote:
WTBTS = Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, the official corporation name for Jehovah's Witnesses.

JWs have many names by which they go by. The religion is named Jehovah's Witnesses. There are many legal corporations, though. There's two WTBTS corporations. One in New York, one in Pennsylvania.

You will see us use WT, WTS (Watchtower Society), WTBTS, WTBS, "the Society", "the organization" and JWs to all refer to the same religious entity as a whole.

Yes to this as well dear Chrysalis. Thank you LQ.

And to its leaders they are referred to as the GB ( governing body).
Elders and ministerial servants are the local church leaders.

Love and peace to you, your sister in Christ, Kim

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 11:17 am 

Welcome Chrysalis. Some of us also came out of mainstream religion, as we realized (or as the Lord made known to us) God's spirit is not there, and is how we ended up becoming a JW. As Aguest says, they are truly the "last stop", from a religious POV, for those "conscious of their spiritual need."

It has been quiet around here for quite some time, and I, for one, am very glad to have you join us; looking forward to some lively discussions with you.

As for Outlaw, yeah, you don't want to cross him. Just kidding - I've never even seen him mad. Hmmmmm......wonder what it would take to get him mad?

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:52 pm 

Quote:
I've never even seen him mad. Hmmmmm......wonder what it would take to get him mad?

I know! I know!!

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:03 pm 

Begging your pardon, Welcome Chrysalis.

Enjoy!
s-Kally

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:12 pm 

.........................Image...OUTLAW