xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Hello So encouraged
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:58 pm 

Hello I am new. I am very excited to see and read like minded people. I have been Df'd for 5 years. And I have to say its been the best thing that has ever happened to me. All my close family Mother and Father are active my dad is an Elder and Reg Pioneer and my mom is a reg pioneer I have a younger sister who also was not talking to me but just recently found herself Df"d with NO ONE so I reached out to her and we have a relationship now which has been amazing. But with my parents I have no contact with them ..they are following the guidelines of society of having nothing to do with a person who is Df'd they have not even met my 3 yr old daughter they have claimed that they love her but don't want to get to close to her because she may not make it through Armageddon and that just breaks their heart (their words.) Somedays I feel so much anger and hurt and other days I mostly feel sorry for them that hey seem to be so blinded. I went through a traumatic divorce to a philander who was abusive and was told by my father the elder and other elders in the congregation that I wasn't following the guidelines in the bible of how a christian wife should be and that I had to study more and go to more meetings and let him be the head of the household and listen and follow him. He finally filed for divorce and lets just say the elders in our congregation did not handle it very well at all it was horrible what they did.Enough for now but on the bright side I have some good friends who have been ostracized by the same congregation and they have been such a comfort to me. So that is a liitle about me. I am very encouraged and feel this is a great way to connect with like minded people.
Many blessings and look forward to hearing from some of you :D

Post subject: Re: Hello So encouraged
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:05 pm 

TINA!!!!! I did not make the connection! WELCOME and PEACE to you!

We have not met (yet) but I "feel" like I know you, somewhat due to our mutual love for dear Justmom (Kim) and Finalcall (Donnie) - peace to YOU, both!

I sent you a welcome not realizing it's you; our posts must have crossed in the process. I'll called 'Mom right away and said, "Guess who's here!?" LOLOLOL!

Anyway, I am SO glad you've chosen to visit and I KNOW Kim/Donnie are! I am also glad to hear about your relationship with your sister! That is WONDERFUL!

Anyway, again, welcome... and peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:16 pm 

YAAY and Welcome Welcome my sister,

So glad you are here! g:) g:)

And YES as Shelby ( Aguest) mentioned I have talked about you as family and shared you with her as our family as well.

Come on in.....relax, this is a safe place to share and or ask questions. Everyone is kind and loving and understand each other as we share a common ground. Coming out/ left or been thrown out LOL of the WTBS but have not lost our faith in Jah and Christ.

So, again WELCOME my dear one. Love and Peace to you as always,
Your sister and fellow servant of CHRIST, Kim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:35 pm 

Welcome Tina

I am very happy to see you are here and happy that you have your sister in your life. There are many different experiences here that can be very encouraging. You are definitely not alone in the trials you face. There are many here that understand the consequences of no longer being a part of the WTBTS.

Welcome, welcome, welcome

finalcall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:38 am 

Hello and welcome to you Tinaishappy. I hope you find this site a comforting and refreshing place to be.

Loz x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:56 am 

Well, I guess y'all are having a family reunion up there. lol. Welcome TinaisHappy, and thank you for sharing some of your story with us. You are already encouraging us also; nice to have you here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 am 

Welcome. To some breakfast.

Enjoy your stay.

~s-Kally~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:52 am 

Welcome! I don't know you (yet), but glad you're here.

~LQ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:48 pm 

Welcome, from a comrade in Greece!
-
Shame on your parents for the stupidity they carry. So they say that your little angel may not make it through ? Who are they to judge? I would tell them that I don't want them to have any contact with my daughter because they have as we say here in Greece 'one leg into the grave', so I don't want my little angel to get hurt when SOON they breathe their last!
-
Enjoy:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:34 am 

Welcome Tina! Glad to meet you. Sorry to hear about how your parents feel right now, but happy to hear that you and your sister have been reunited!

Again, welcome to the forum.

Peace to you and your loved ones,
your servant and a slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 pm 

Hello Tina,

It will take a while (longer than five years!) to settle into Life Without Watchtower but it's worth the struggle.

Try not to be too upset that your parents don't understand, and that their behavior is off-base. We're not all called to know the real Truth all at once. Their turn will come...when they've reached the point where they can deal with it.

Many times I've asked myself how I remained a faithful JW for so long (after being raised in another religion) and the answer is: because I didn't know enough! I had to lay a foundation, imperfect as it was, because I had nothing to build on. When I reached the point where I had a real faith, I was brought out of what was false.

Have faith, patience, endurance, and hope. Teach these things to your daughter. Tell her that in the end everything will work out perfect, and not to put a time on it...then live every day showing that you believe it.

AB (an occasional poster)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:41 pm 

[b][/b] welcome tina; happy your out of the craptowerc and now your sister too. life is good you have a 3 yr old. just think how you would have destroyed your child turning her into a wt zombie be well ....