xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Matthew 7:22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:29 pm 

Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!

Greetings everyone and peace to you all today,

I was reminded by our Lord JAheshua today, the Holy One and chosen one of our Father JAHveh again... just how important their names are versus doing what we want to do, doing our own will and approaching them by names that are NOT THEM!

As in this instance in Matthew 7:22. These ones asked "Did we not do powerful works in your name?"

Calling upon the name of "Jesus" ?

Yes, works were granted as our adversary is himself quite powerful and can give power posing as "an Angel of light" trying to dupe individuals into following him by pretending to be that light, (JAHeshua) misleading many by "false Christs" which he himself is one of them. The most powerful false Christ/ light.

Yet our Lord JAheshuas response was " Get away from me! I never knew you."
Why do you think this response?

Because they invoked on a name and power that was not Him, The Truth, The Way and source of True life eternal. Had they been known by Him truly..they would have used his true name as ones belonging to him.

Therefore "the name" and the powerful works did nothing of eternal value. They invoked on a false source, doing their own will and not the will of the Father, which is to go TO and THROUGH His Son, the Holy One and Son of JAH....JAHeshua MischaJAH!

May any who wish be given ears to hear our Lord JAHeshua who IS The Truth and source of living water and His bride say, "COME!" Take lifeswater which is Holy Spirit for FREE!

Love, your sister fellow servant of slave of Christ,
Kim

Post subject: Re: Matthew 7:22
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:58 pm 

Greetings, dear 'Mom, and peace to you!

Thank you for posting that... but I'm not sure I can agree with it. I have NO doubt our dear Lord reminded you "just how important [his and the Father's] names are versus doing what we want to do, doing our own will and approaching them by names that are NOT THEM!" No doubt at all.

I am not sure, though, that you have it fully right as to those mentioned at Matthew 7:22 calling on "Jesus," as these said they did what they did in HIS name. Since "Jesus" is NOT his name, that may not be the name they used... but mat be those who actually invoked his TRUE name... but only to perform such works. They were not IN UNION with him, though... and so he didn't KNOW (as a man knows a woman) them.

You might recall the man who the disciples got angry about who was using our dear Lord's name to do works. He was not one of them and the account occurs before the outpouring of holy spirit. Then there is the account of the man Simon who wanted to buy holy spirit so as to perform miracles.

Is it possible that there were those who, although not joined to Christ in spirit, went around using his real name for similar purposes... works... but not for the purposes of honoring and glorifying him and/or the Father? Or who didn't listen to him when he told them what to do but did what THEY wanted to do... and then tried to say, "Yes, but I /we did THESE things in your name" (versus what he told them personally)?

Also, I don't think we can say, by ANY stretch, that the ADVERSARY can grant powers... and we absolutely CANNOT say that he could grant such that would expel demons, etc.

Because that issue was already raised... and addressed... by our dear Lord when they hypocrites said that HE was doing what HE did by means of "Beelzebub." You might recall that he said that if Satan dispelled demons, well, a house divided cannot stand.

Also, while the Adversary can transform himself into an ANGEL... or MESSENGER... of light... I don't think he can perform the WORKS of the Light. Else (1) he is dividing his OWN house, and (2) giving others power to perform GOOD works (but how can THAT be??).

So, I am truly sorry, my dear, dear sister... I wish I could agree and provide a second witness to what you've shared here but I can only do so as to what he reminded you of. The rest I have cannot.

But as always, I wish you the GREATEST of love and the peace of our dear Lord, absolutely - your and your dear household.

Your sister, servant, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:49 pm 

Is it possible that there were those who, although not joined to Christ in spirit, went around using his real name for similar purposes... works... but not for the purposes of honoring and glorifying him and/or the Father? Or who didn't listen to him when he told them what to do but did what THEY wanted to do... and then tried to say, "Yes, but I /we did THESE things in your name" (versus what he told them personally)?

Peace to you my sister,

Thank you for sharing and clarify this to me. I had felt there were those that yes did use his true name and performed powerful works but to their own glory and honor therefore having their reward in full then. But I also felt this could reference to those as well that felt they were using his name ( the name of Jesus) and being granted power to perform great deeds but from the adversary. Which would be exactly what he wanted to take the proper credit away from JAHeshua.

So thank you for this understanding.

As soon as I read the part of the verse that said " expel demons in your name" that was obvious it couldn't have been power granted from the adversary as you mentioned if Satan expelled demons it is a house divided. DUH!!

May Jah and Christ continue to bless you with their Spirit and Peace to fully accomplish their will. Love and Peace to you as well and to your household, your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ, kim

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:05 pm 

Quote:
But I also felt this could reference to those as well that felt they were using his name ( the name of Jesus) and being granted power to perform great deeds but from the adversary. Which would be exactly what he wanted to take the proper credit away from JAHeshua.

It's when we are sharing our "feelings", dear 'Mom (peace to you, luv!) that we must take GREAT care - I know you know this, but, again, is it not about us and so how WE "feel" or "felt" is irrelevant - it is only the TRUTH... and so what our dear Lord says... that is relevant. In this regard, we have the following:

Matthew 9:32, 34
Matthew 12:24-28
Mark 3:22-27
Luke 11:15-23

And, we have the account at Mark 9:39, 40, at actually addresses the issue (that some WOULD do power works on the basis of his name but that there would be some who turn and say bad things about him... albeit not easily/quickly/lightly:

"John said to him: “Teacher, we saw someone expelling demons by using your name, and we tried to prevent him, because he was not following us.” But [Jesus] said: “Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one who will do a powerful work on the basis of my name who will quickly be able to say anything bad about me. For whoever is not against us is for us."

Meaning, it would not be an easy, insignificant thing for such to speak ill of him but there would be those who do it, in various ways (and so not always outright, but including through their disobedience)... and for various reasons (love of self, desire for self-glorification, fear, loving others more than loving him, hard-headedness, etc.).

2 Peter 2:1
1 John 2:18, 19
Jude 1:4, 12, 13, 16
Revelation 2:4, 5, 14-16, 20-24; 3:1-4, 15-18

Again, I know you know these things... but I was directed to share as to them now for the sake of any watching or listening who might not understand. Hopefully, this will clarify.

As always, peace to you and your dear household... and may JAH bless!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:18 pm 

Yes!
And absolutely thank you clarifying for anyone else.

May JAH continue to bless you as you always share His Truth from The Truth our Lord JAHeshua, and give the proper credit and glory where deserved. We know nothing and are nothing apart from them!

Have a lovely day!
Kim