xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:09 am 

Just for fun and reminders.

I am so happy and grateful that we know TTATT and are out of that religion and FREE!!

I know its obvious to most of us now but I thought I would start this thread as a reminder to not put our faith in men. Human leaders let us down and make it about them and their selfish agendas. We are only safe if we follow Christ and listen to his voice only.

Okay here is something I saw today about the Watchtower's changing Stuff that made me shake my head. The followers eyes are obviously blinded because the Lies and hypocrisy are right there in black and white in their own Literature.
This one shows how hypocritical they are about their shunning policies. The Awake 2009 said no one should be forced to choose between his beliefs and family and The Watchtower 2013 says you should choose.

https://imgur.com/a/GDXIjIA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:36 am 

Flip Flop teachings from the Watchtower over the years. New Light that the Watchtower heard lies before but finally got it right but later realize that the new light was wrong and that the old light was right!!

Below are the changing answers to questions in WT publications:

Quote:
Who is The 'Lord' as mentioned in Romans 10:12-16
1903 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.
1940 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.
1978 - 'Lord' refers to Jesus.
1980 - 'Lord' refers to Jehovah.
Will the people of Sodom and Gomorrah be eligible for resurrection
1879 - Will be resurrected
1955 - Will not be resurrected
1965 - Will be resurrected
1967 - Will not be resurrected
1974 - Will be resurrected
1988 - Will not be resurrected
1988 - Will be resurrected
1989 - Will not be resurrected
Is Blood, Blood serum and blood fractions allowed
1940 Blood transfusions are acceptable
1945 Blood transfusion are not acceptable
1956 Blood serums should be treated as blood and are banned
1958 Blood serums and fractions acceptable
1959 Storage of own blood unacceptable
1961 Blood fractions are not acceptable
1964 Blood fractions are acceptable
1974 Blood serums are personal choice
1975 Hemophilia treatments (Factor VII & IX) are not acceptable
1978 Hemophilia treatments (Factor VII & IX) are acceptable
1982 Albumin is acceptable
1983 Hemodilution is acceptable
1990 Hemodilution is not acceptable (Blood Brochure)
1995 Hemodilution is acceptable

So many teachings flip flopped from “new light” to previous understandings, and yet the bible warns us of such people:
Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God. - Matthew 15:9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:04 pm 

There were 14 pages of "changes" to the Revelation book, luv.

Peace to you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 pm 

14 changes to the Revelation book? Do you mean the WT made 14 changes to their understanding of it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:46 pm 

No, luv... I meant 14 pages listing all the things they changed.

Peace to you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:40 am 

Okay and WOW!!! 14 pages of changes in their doctrine and beliefs!!! Is there a place to find these 14 pages?

Ephesians 4: 14, 15
Quote:
Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

I see they wrote the quote below in their own Publications and criticize others for being wishy washy when they in fact are the worst at doing this sort of thing.

Quote:
“It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating— ‘wishy-washy’ — about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?” —The Watchtower, May 15, 1976, p. 298

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:34 am 

Quote:
The followers eyes are obviously blinded because the Lies and hypocrisy are right there in black and white in their own Literature.....Zoe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 am 

Peace to you all today,

Dear Zoe it is the lies and hypocrisy behind it YES as dear outlaw shared. ( hello and peace to ya)

And it is not just the literature they change, it is also their bibles. Which is why the new silver one.

2 PETER 3:16

He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

And there are many more to add to this one verse.

Which is why it is so important to always keep our eyes and ears open to the The Truth who is our Lord JAheshua knowing the book that religion puts its trust in as " the word of god" is tampered twisted and changed.

Enjoy your day,
Love your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:19 am 

Try this site, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!)::

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... GVy7Dg_F27

This one is interesting, too:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2986329

Peace to you!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:47 pm 

Hello again, I was driving around for 3 hours today, we had to go and see our Tax Guy to sign our tax returns, Yay this year we get a refund. So anyway I am late getting back to you all.

Outlaw - LOL where do you get those great Meme's, love this one a lot. How do you post photos on here, I used to be able to do it but now it doesn't seem to work??

Thanks Kim for the comment and also I didn't know about the new silver bible, how is it changed?

Thanks for the Google links Shelby, A lot of changes and different ways of looking at things with the Watchtower Society over the years. I can't stop shaking my head in total disbelief that members could still stay members if they used their eyes and brains because the lies are so obvious. I guess a lot don't do research and just believe and a lot are new one's or born ins who know nothing about the History of the religion as most of its been covered up. Makes a person sick that so many are being deceived but the truth is there if you want it!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:14 pm 

Quote:
Outlaw - LOL where do you get those great Meme's, love this one a lot. How do you post photos on here, I used to be able to do it but now it doesn't seem to work??....Zoe

From all over the internet.
Left click on picture.
Right click "Copy Image location"
Then you paste it here on the forum.
Quote:
( hello and peace to ya).....Justmom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:46 pm 

I was doing what you said Outlaw but it doesn't work for me that way anymore, I had to go to Photobucket and put the picture there and then copy the direct link and then put the [Img] thingy around the code. Anyway I got it to work now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:01 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:19 am 

The Jehovah's Witnesses main mantra is We have THE TRUTH which was repeated over and over at least that I the way it seemed to me when I was growing up in "The Truth".

Now we know TTATT but what came to my mind yesterday is what exactly is THE TRUTH to JW's? What do they say it is if asked by a non JW, I don't remember if they have a set answer that is short and sweet.

I think probably the main things are this?:
1. Armageddon is coming any day now and will destroy everyone but Jehovah's Witnesses.
2. Afterwards, God's Kingdom will rule on paradise earth with only Jehovah's Witnesses inheriting it.
3. God's name is Jehovah.
4. Jesus returned invisibly in 1914 and in 1919 chose The Watchtower as the only religion that had the truth and that would represent him on earth.
5. Only 144,000 would rule with Christ over the earth in heaven.

I am sure there are many more "truth's" but I am wondering if anyone knows if its condensed into to one or two sentences??