xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:55 pm 

“So World War I was indeed a different war—the war that Jesus and Daniel foretold to mark the “time of the end.” Does this mean, then, that God caused World War I and the even greater World War II? No, the Devil caused those wars.”—From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, 1958, Page 180, ¶ 12, emphasis mine.

“What did God do? He cut short the war action he brought against the Devil’s organization in 1914. If God had followed up the war in heaven by bringing destruction on the Devil’s organization, no human would have lived through the trouble. . . . Jesus explains why God cut short the days of the great trouble on the Devil’s organization. . . . [O]n account of the chosen ones that he has chosen he has cut short the days.”—From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, Page 189, ¶¶ 15, 16, 1958, emphasis mine.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:50 pm 

Sigh. Peace to you, dear Armand! Your thread reminds me of the other day when I tried to show that false prophecy given to young ones in the Awake! to two JW ladies "witnessing" at the BART Station where I off-board in SF. OMG. They kept interrupting me, then when I would try to speak, accuse me of interrupting them. They changed the topic, deviated, asked questions then tries to walk away before a response could be made, asked me to show them "scripture," then took issue because I didn't have a Bible ("Where's YOUR Bible?!" When I told them I no longer needed to carry a Bible... because I had several downloaded on my iPhone... "Here, let me show you - we can look up the verse right now..." OMG... you should'a seen how they took THAT - they were NOT prepared for THAT!... and so scurried off!).

Not to diminish what you posted here. I just couldn't help thinking, after that encounter... "You're singin' to the choir, dear brother, you're singin' to the choir."

I mean, WE know their melarkey contradicts itself. Challenge is getting any of them to see it. HOO-WHEEE... talk about your "strongly entrenched" things! Oh, and someone is right, at least as far as THIS area is concerned:

The WTBTS appears to be fast becoming an "African American" (and Mexican) religion. That's all I ever see "out in service" anymore. I NEVER see whites or Asians! But I often see AA's and Mexicans out on the streets and in the BART stations/malls, etc. It could be just where I happen to be/live, I dunno. Anyone else noticing anything similar?

Thank you for sharing those quotes, though. No doubt, there will be MANY, MANY more to come!

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:27 pm 

Quote:
If God had followed up the war in heaven by bringing destruction on the Devil’s organization, no human would have lived through the trouble. . . . Jesus explains why God cut short the days of the great trouble on the Devil’s organization. . . . [O]n account of the chosen ones that he has chosen he has cut short the days.
Utter bulls**t. Did a moron or a drunkard pen those? If God had brought destruction on the Devil's organization without delay, the days of WWI would indeed be cut short! But according to the idiot who wrote above bulls**t, from 28 July 1914 till 11 November 1918 was a short period. Does God suffer from Parkinson's disease? LOL! (Hey you shouldn't post his here. Don't put ideas to the current GB popes who secretly read our forums. Got it? If 4+ years wouldn't suffice for God to bring an end to Satan's system-is he so impotent?-then Armageddon EVIDENTLY will last much, much more. So the overlapping generation will be long gone but still there will be plenty of time till Armageddon climaxes...)