xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:48 am 
Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

I think that's not a bad idea, for people like me who are v e r y s l o w l y beginning to get it!

I can read and understand what's said, for yhe most part, but I can't yet get near writing it!

Site Admin

JOCHY SAID

Hola a todos y felíz domingo. Zoe, mi amiga, lamento mucho que no te sientas bien. Pronto vendrá la primavera y verás como te sientes mejor.
(Hello everyone and happy Sunday. Zoe, my friend, I'm sorry you don't feel well. Soon will come the spring and you will see how you feel better.)

Site Admin

ATALOA SAID

Hola, Jochy. I thought I was probably using the wrong word there. I should have said lamento. This is the way I learn best, when someone comes in to correct things.

Sorry Aguest. I have not stayed with the program; I think because I never printed out the lessons and I got tired of trying to go back and read about what we were supposed to be doing. I've just been doing the easy, fun thing. I think the last I remember we were not supposed to use the translator, but now that idea is out the window.

Site Admin

ZOE SAID

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:33 pm Post subject:
I have saved all the lessons in my documents to review and reference. It's enough for me for now, I can't remember it all that quickly anyway. So I am happy we are taking a break and just having fun with it

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:49 am 
Site Admin

CHARIKLO SAID

People learn very well when they're having fun.

We. Don't just learn. We need to use and practise!

Site Admin

ATALOA SAID

Hola a todos esta manana.
Estoy cansado hoy.
(I am tired today.)

Site Admin

ZOE SAID

Hola y buenos dias a todos

Feliz Lunes!!

It is cold today again
Hoy esta frio de nuevo

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Dear ZOE!!! Good moring and PEACE to you! Somehow I missed your "situation" yesterday (I think posts "cross" and if there are a lot since the last one I read I tend to not go too far back; however, I saw it this morning!).

I hope yesterday went fairly well for you. Why are you alone for a week, if you don't mind my asking - I know hubby works nights; does he stay over at times, too? Again, only if you wish to share.

Even so, I am glad this site is here for you, if it's any kind of help. I hope it is!

Peace... and I truly hope you have better day today... and week to come!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 am 
Site Admin

ZOE SAID

Shelby thanks for asking and I don't mind at all. I am feeling better today even though nothing has changed. It just seemed worse yesterday for some reason.

My hubby is here everyday but most of the time he is sleeping and the dog and I have to be very quiet and no phone calls or people coming to the door allowed when he is sleeping. He gets angry if someone dares to knock on the door or make a noise outside when he is sleeping. This working nights and sleeping in the day is making me lonely and him sick. He worked 6 nights this past week and had only Saturday night to spend the night with me and sleep beside me.

So this has been the schedule the past 2 days - Saturday morning he arrived home at 7:30 AM, went to bed at 8:30 AM and I got up out of bed. He slept until 1 PM, then he spent 2 hours on the computer and 2 hours watching TV then we had supper at 5PM and he fell asleep in his chair so he went back to bed at 6PM and slept until 8 PM and then came and watched tv with me for a bit and then went to bed at 9:30 PM. He slept on and off all night, he wakes up often, got up at 9:30 AM Sunday morning, said he felt horrible and was still tired. Went back to bed at 11AM and slept until 3 PM. Spent 3 hours awake on the computer and then watching tv and went back to bed until 10 PM when he left for work.

He came home 7:30 this morning and went to bed at 8:30 AM and I got up. He is still sleeping and will be until about 2 PM. He has to take the dog to the vet at 3 PM, will come home have an hour to relax in front of the tv, have supper at 5 PM and then go back to bed until 9:30 and leave for work at 10 PM.

This goes on endlessy and so I feel like I am alone. I am not complaining, it just gets to me sometimes. He is getting sick, there is something wrong as he is tired all the time and feels horrible all the time lately. I think he is becoming diabetic but he won't go to the doctor. I am trying to get him on a diet for diabetics because he eats wrong. He insists on white bread and skipping meals etc.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:51 am 
Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Quote:
Quote:
Shelby thanks for asking and I don't mind at all. I am feeling better today even though nothing has changed. It just seemed worse yesterday for some reason.

I am glad to hear you are "feeling better", dear one (again, peace to you!), and I understand what you mean.

Quote:
Quote:
My hubby is here everyday but most of the time he is sleeping and the dog and I have to be very quiet and no phone calls or people coming to the door allowed when he is sleeping. He gets angry if someone dares to knock on the door or make a noise outside when he is sleeping.

Have you dear folks considered investing in a good "professional grade" set of earplugs? Dear hubby is a snorer... and I can hear spiders move during broad daylight with a fire engine blaring by... so I would utterly lose my MIND without my set! I could NEVER sleep - LOLOLOL! Matter of fact, I need a new pair - my are getting worn and so I had to kick him down the guest room last night, poor thing!! So thank YOU for the VERY TIMELY reminder - LOLOLOL!

Quote:
Quote:
This working nights and sleeping in the day is making me lonely and him sick.

Yes, I can understand that. I've done it, so I get that. Two ships passing...

Quote:
Quote:
He worked 6 nights this past week and had only Saturday night to spend the night with me and sleep beside me.

Ah, yes, the "necessary evils" of life. They suck, don't they? Maybe we here can be of some help, at least as far as some association, given your situation. Also, some may have some suggestions to help you cope.

Quote:
Quote:
So this has been the schedule the past 2 days - Saturday morning he arrived home at 7:30 AM, went to bed at 8:30 AM and I got up out of bed. He slept until 1 PM, then he spent 2 hours on the computer and 2 hours watching TV then we had supper at 5PM and he fell asleep in his chair so he went back to bed at 6PM and slept until 8 PM and then came and watched tv with me for a bit and then went to bed at 9:30 PM. He slept on and off all night, he wakes up often, got up at 9:30 AM Sunday morning, said he felt horrible and was still tired. Went back to bed at 11AM and slept until 3 PM. Spent 3 hours awake on the computer and then watching tv and went back to bed until 10 PM when he left for work.

Pardon my saying... and it's absolutely NONE of MY business... but perhaps you and he can schedule "something" to do TOGETHER during "computer" and/or "TV" time? I realize he may need to debrief, some, but sometimes we have to MAKE the effort to spend time with our loved one(s). Especially if our schedules don't automatically make such FOR us.

Now, of course, I don't know your relationship... or whether you feel... mmmmmmmm... "courageous" enough to say to him, "Look, this isn't work LIKE this - we need to change/rearrange some things." I AM that kind of girl, though. I let my husband know EXACTLY what I need... and when. Of course, it requires me doing so with great respect, kindness, and aplomb... and absolutely NO tears... but just a matter-of-fact, "Hey, look, 'Hon, here's the thing. I need you to/from you... and so it would really help ME out if... and I really appreciate you doing (such) for me."

I guess you could say it's a kind of manipulation, yes, but it's honest, upfront, and always honorable and respectful. I mean, a man HAS to ALWAYS feel like he's "king" of his "castle." I mean, I would, if I were a man. But that doesn't mean I have to act like his "serf," either. I much rather prefer acting like his "queen" - LOLOLOLOL! And queens have SOME power, right... that they don't have to use emotion to assert? If not, they should learn about that power... and how to use and wield it "properly" - LOLOLOL!

Quote:
Quote:
He came home 7:30 this morning and went to bed at 8:30 AM and I got up. He is still sleeping and will be until about 2 PM. He has to take the dog to the vet at 3 PM, will come home have an hour to relax in front of the tv, have supper at 5 PM and then go back to bed until 9:30 and leave for work at 10 PM.

One thing that seems to be going on here: his sleep seems to be broken up. Is there a way to avoid that, I mean, on days where, say, there's no vet visits, etc.? One thing that can help (when he doesn't HAVE to get up)... is black out shades/curtains... as well as a eyeshade/mask. I personally CANNOT sleep one an OUNCE of light hits my eyes. I have NO problems with... oh, what it is, not melatonin... but the other. Starts with an "s", I think. Problems sleeping... when there's sound and light. NO problem being awake when such exist. So I HAVE to block all of that OUT. And guess what? I think my current needs are based on those days, back when my kids were little... when I worked nights!! LOLOLOL! I had to learn to "trick" by body and mind into "thinking" it was night!

You may have tried these things - if not, though, you dear folks might give them a try... for BOTH of your sanity and well-being! LOLOLOL! HE will rest better... and YOU will probably get more time from him when he's awake.

Quote:
Quote:
This goes on endlessy and so I feel like I am alone. I am not complaining, it just gets to me sometimes. He is getting sick, there is something wrong as he is tired all the time and feels horrible all the time lately.

I do not get that you're complaining at all, but only voicing what's occurring with you. I totally get that. And he could be tired because he's not getting UNINTERRUPTED sleep, at least, not based on the schedule you've share.

Quote:
Quote:
I think he is becoming diabetic but he won't go to the doctor. I am trying to get him on a diet for diabetics because he eats wrong. He insists on white bread and skipping meals etc.

Well, there is a way to either get him to go... or maybe get him to take better care of himself if he HAS diabetes, and that is to find out. Which you can easily do since I know you have access to the Internet.

1. Google "Blood glucose meter" and look for/buy a glucose meter.

2. Don't spend more than $25, at least not at this point. It will come with a couple/few strips, a finger tester, and lancets, so you don't need to buy those, just yet.

3. Check his blood glucose levels (the BEST time... is first thing in the morning. The most ACCURATE reading is first thing in the morning after having fasted at least 10 hours. Since he works nights, you might have to flip this. But I think the easiest thing would be to do it the morning of his day off. Just don't give him anything to eat or drink (except water) after 10pm the night before, then check it when he wakes up the next morning).

If the reading is less than, say, 115... he's cool. If he's NOT diabetic (i.e., reading 115 or less)... it could just be the stress of his schedule and work. Keep in mind, though, severe stress can bring on Type 2 diabetes.

If it's between 116-139, he might be "pre-diabetic" and should see his doctor. If it's 140 or more... he needs to see his doctor - he's a diabetic.

I would offer that you do this, dear Zoe, if you can and he's willing... just to put YOUR mind... and his... at ease. I mean, at least you will know one way or the other... rather than letting what you THINK may be happening weigh on you. Because you might be worrying over "nothing" (note, just because one eats poorly doesn't make them a diabetic - MANY eat poorly... VERY poorly... and all their lives, but are not diabetics).

That does NOT mean he doesn't need to see his doctor. However, if you're having trouble getting him to that point, perhaps this can help you "motivate" him, if you need to. Diabetes is NOT something to play with, let ME assure you of that!

I hope some of this helps. Of course, take what you need and discard what you don't, even if that means ALL of it. And take care. Of you, too, as well as him!

Again, peace to you, dear one!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

ZOE SAID

Hey Shelby, the Blood sugar glucose meter sounds like a good idea, I will see if I can get one.

I watched Dr Oz at noon today and it was about Stress and Anxiety. OH BOY Stress thats one thing that is definitely wrong with him. He scores high on that. He has headaches, chest pains, dizziness and extreme tension in his neck and upper back daily which are symptoms of stress.
He takes on a lot, is a control person and a perfectionist and he has the stress of ME being dependent on him. Poor guy.

He has NEVER slept well, even when he wasnt working or working a different normal schedule. He only sleeps in 3 or 4 hour increments and he wants to know what is going on so forget about the ear plugs lol. We have black out blinds in the bedroom so its dark in there.

I was just venting and can't do much about his stress or his ways but I sure will be trying to fix his diet. Thursdays we spend shopping so thats our time together and on weekends when he gets them off. This week was bad because he had to work extra days.

Thanks for listening and for the advice which I appreciate.

Site Admin

ATALOA SAID

Me alegro de que las señoras conversó en inglés.
I am glad that the ladies chatted in english.

Como estas hoy, Zoe?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:52 am 
Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Dear ZOE

I sorry about your husbands " sucky" schedule. Makes it hard to plan or have any normalcy sometimes .
My husband sounds a lot like yours with his sleeping and stress level although his work is in the daytime now. He worked all different hours when we were JWs and raising kids and never slept more than a couple 3 or 4 hours a Nite.

Now he seems to have a pattern that is still affecting his sleep. The doctor the other day when he went for a physical recommended he " change up" his
nightly routine to see if it helps him not have to take so many sleeping pills and still not sleep just to feel hungover in the morning until lunch.
Confusing his pattern for sleep may help.
My hubby's a big T.V. Person in the evening after dinner. I see him watch until time to go to bed then never sleep. Of course he is extremely stubborn at times so I might have to keep intervening with this suggestions.

Well I am glad we can keep you company in the mean time . It sure helps ME.
Thanks for being here
Love Justmom

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Greetings and peace to you all... and sorry for the English but too much for Spanish, methinks. So I apologize in advance for the following:

Dear 'Mom... peace... and perhaps dear hubby (wink, wink and peace to you, too, luv!) might consider reading before going to bed. I actually have a set of nice novelettes, nothing long or deep, but many of them... well, actually, dear hubby has them... that I think he would LOVE. I will make sure to get him one or two and let him try them out. TV, though, might not be good if one has sleeping issues, due to the "stimulation." I'm not a sleep expert, though, so maybe not (as my hubby watches until bedtime too, but sleeps like a ROCK, even so, so... - LOLOLOL!)

Different strokes for different folks - LOLOLOL! But I think he'll like the books, regardless of when he reads them. They are very mind-relaxing... and enlightening (as to the cultures of various Native American tribes - fascinating things to learn and know!).

Peace... and "sweet dreams", dear FC - LOLOLOL!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

JUSTMOM SAID

Good morning Aguest

I think he might like that THANK YOU
Have a fabulous day
Love ya Justmom

P.s. Ollie so misses Layla already....LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next