xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:11 am 

Archives from the other site for now:

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:30 pm Share humor and quotes here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Zoe wrote:
Quote:
Hi
I thought it would be fun to share pics of humor and quotes here relavant to the xjwforchrist theme.

I will start with a couple I like. :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:12 am 

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:15 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Aguest wrote:
Now THAT's what I needed to hear, dear Zoe (peace to you!) - LOLOLOLOL! Unfortunately, for me, there are unkind people who will NEVER accept my kindness... simply because of my profession of Christ (doesn't comport with what they're used to... or want to hear. Indeed, that's their main complaint: "We can't ARGUE with what you say!" The "usual" christian profession is pretty easy for them to contend with ("Where's your PROOF? Where is this promised presence of his??")... but what I share ("The proof is in what I hear and see"... and his presence is through his spirit, holy spirit!")... apparently isn't for them... and so they go far... far... beyond "unkind" sometimes.

BUT... it is helpful to ME to remember. So, I will try... and ask for a little more "long suffering."

'Cause my Lord KNOWS... some folks just WORK my patience... and others, my LAST nerve! LOLOLOLOL!

Again, thank you and peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:13 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:37 am

JustMom wrote:
Quote:
Dear ZOE..... :P :) :D

Much needed reminder!!!! Thank you for that!

Justmom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15 pm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Quote:
Aguest wrote:

I have no way of knowing whether you are expecting comments to your wonderful posts, dear Zoe (good morning and peace to you!)... but if you knew me you would know that I like to discuss and comment on a great many things (Christ/God foremost, of course - LOLOL!). And both of your contributions here evoke comment from me. This one even more than the last... because if the child I was knew the adult I am is... she would rejoice. I can say this because I know HER... and know she spent her entire life BECOMING that adult.

I typed out my usual long tome about why that would be... but then I thought, no, not necessary. I know me... and I know her... and I know that she would be and why.

Based on what I know about everyone who posts often here, I would say that everyone should be able to say the same thing, if for nothing else than these are people who can... and will... stand up and say what they believe in... even if that's not popular with or acceptable to others. In short, they are not cowards. Now, I'm not saying that it's not good to be pleasing to others, not at all. But standing up for what you believe in isn't always easy. And most people only apply this to things like standing up for your country or your values.

For me, though, standing up for my FAITH in God and Christ... in spite of and in the face of great opposition... is something I think everyone who can do it should be proud of. It's easy to say, "Yes, I believe!"... but then run and hide when the heat is turned up on and the microscope turned toward you because of your beliefs. Most people take the path of least resistance, some in every aspect of their lives, others in most. Christ, though, didn't. To the contrary, he took what many today would term the hardest path: straight into the fray. And he took on the bullies, who bullied both him... and those he loved... exposing their deceit and hypocrisy. And, yes, he was killed for it.

As an adult, I would want the little girl that I WAS to be able to say that I followed him. WHEREVER he went... even into lions' dens. Even into fiery furnaces. Even... into death... if that's what following him calls for. Because I know she loved him as I do... and would have wanted to do so herself. Because HIS words would have had great meaning to her. Particularly:

"What profit a man... if he GAINS the world... but LOSES... his soul/spirit?"

I know that little girl that I was. And I know that she would understand... and be proud of... the adult that I am today - who I am, who I follow, how I follow him... and, most importantly, why: love for him... and for my own flesh (that of my own household). And that because of this I am not concerned with gaining the world... or those in/of it. I am concerned about losing HIS love... and thus MY soul/spirit... and, worse, that of my household.

I am not ashamed of him, the One I follow, the HOLY One of Israel, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah)... and I won't let others compel OR bully me into censorship of that truth. Whether they try to do it outright... or by subtle, crafty means... it's not going to happen. And the little girl that I was would know that.

To whom much is given... much is demanded. Indeed, to expound on what HE said:

“Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their stauros daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels." Luke 9:23-26

Religion has tried to teach the chosen ones three lies that fly in the fact of living up to this statement:

1. You MUST submit to them because THEY are in the seat of Moses; and

2. You MUST go judging and condemning others who don't believe as you do; and

3. You MUST humble yourself before ALL who call upon you to do so.

None of these are true, though. We are NOT to submit to such "leaders" because we HAVE a leader - One, Christ. We are NOT judge... ANYONE... because we risk being judged as to the same things. And we are to humble ourselves... BEFORE GOD... and not before men... and particularly not when such men are asking us to obey THEM, rather than God... or to STOP speaking what we hear from Christ (Acts 3:18-20; 5:28-33).

And so the little girl that I was , knowing the many, MANY blessings I have received as a result of being the adult I am NOW... would rejoice.

Please know that I realize that in some folks eyes the "right" thing to have done here would have been the just contemplate the thought. Unfortunately, (well, I have learned fortunately for me, at least as to Christ but not so much with man)... I tend to stick with what is true... moreso than what man may think is right.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:16 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Zoe wrote:
Quote:
Awwww how sweet of you Aguest, I certainly didn't expect comments for my quote Pics, I was just sharing things that I think are thought provoking.

But I certainly enjoyed your comments Aguest on how you felt about that quote of the child. I have to say that it makes me want to cry when I see and read that and all kinds of thoughts and regrets come to mind. The guidance of uber JW parents was to be very heartbreaking for me as I and many other children turned out not liking themselves until they learned the truth about the truth. Some were so badly damaged that they were never able to recover and like what their life and themselves had become.

I saw this on JWN today from Cedars and this child became a man and is now making up for the damage done to him by helping others. This story and what is going on with him has really really made me feel emotional and remembering the children we were and the children now damaged by the JW cult and other religions like it.

http://jwsurvey.org/child-abuse-2/bo-ju ... -nightmare

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:18 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Chariklo wrote:
Quote:
The little girl who was me is still me!

I would be very pleased with me as I am now, because I am still myself, still very much the child I was then. In fact, there could be those who think "will she never grow up?!" LOL!

That couldn't necessarily be said of me at all stages of my life...as a teenager sometimes I would try to emulate folk I admired, but that's being a teenager.

A few years ago , at a big family gathering, I met relatives who hadn't seen me since my early twenties. "You haven't changed a bit!" they said, and this in spite of life having hit me hard at times, and in spite of having had and raised a large family...incidentally, exactly what that little girl promised herself she would do.

So, I think the young me would be right at home with me as I am now, and I'd fit right back in again back then...though I'd miss the Internet! LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Aguest wrote> (Minus the font color :| )
Quote:
What a horrible experience for Bo... but a wonderful thing he is doing now, dear Zoe (again, peace to you and thank you for posting that!)!!

I don't want to take away from this man's remarkable experience but I have to... MUST... comment on the following, because I think it's important:

"Then this little voice in his head asked him, “What’s the difference between these two people and you, Bo?”

"It was a good question and easy to answer: there was no difference. They were probably better off than him and his dad. Then the inner voice asked him , “What’s the difference between the 25,000 spectators in the stadium and the three JWs there?” No difference. Finally [/i]the voice[/i] asked, “Then why would God kill all the people in that stadium and save the three JW boys there?”

If only Bo knew WHO that "voice" truly WAS:

"To ​YOU, O men, I am calling, and my voice is to the sons of men. O inexperienced ones, understand shrewdness; and ​YOU​ stupid ones, understand heart. Listen, for it is about the foremost things that I speak, and the opening of my lips is about uprightness. For my palate in low tones utters truth itself; and wickedness is something detestable to my lips. All the sayings of my mouth are in righteousness. Among them there is nothing twisted or crooked. All of them are straight to the discerning one, and upright to the ones finding knowledge. TAKE​ my discipline and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold. For wisdom is better than corals, and all other delights themselves cannot be made equal to it."

Dear Bo heard the voice when he was still a child. Now... somehow... he believes it was his own voice. It wasn't, dear ones. It wasn't. It was WISDOM speaking to him. Wisdom... who is the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit... which One speaks to ALL of man: JAHESHUA, the Chosen One... and WORD... of JAH.

Please, if your children tell you that "someone" was speaking to them... that they heard a "voice"... take the time to find out what the voice is saying. Then consider... WHO is saying it. Please.

Servant to the Household of God, Israel, and a slave of Christ, the VOICE of God...

SA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:21 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Chariklo wrote:
Quote:
Yes. :P Absolutely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Zoe wrote:
Quote:
@Shelby - interesting observation re Bo. I have certainly had the same sort of voices. I just put it down to the gift of reasoning we were given and observations from life's experiences.

So you think that it's from Christ putting those thoughts into our heads and helping us along? I will never say never but I had never before even have thought of that. Lol

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:22 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Tammy wrote:
Quote:
I had the exact same thought about the 'little voice' he heard, when reading of his experience.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:23 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Aguest wrote:
Quote:
Absolutely, dear Zoe (again, peace to you!). Absolutely! Just... consider it. You don't have to go with it, but just consider it. All the times it "spoke" to you... what "it" said... how old you were... etc.

For me, it was never my own voice... and even when others tried to tell me it was, I knew better. That might be why I "hear"... more: I know who's talking to me.

Peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Loz wrote:
Quote:
Lovely thread Zoe. Very interesting that we all picked up on the 'voice' young Bo heard! He's doing good work exposing the WTBS today.

I love your child pic too. It's relevant since I was posting about my childhood only a couple of days ago on JWN about my childhood.

What would the child I once was think of me now? That child suffered a lot for believing in the importance of loyalty.....since then life has handed out some strife and I've made many mistakes....oddly enough I still feel the same about loyalty, so yes, the essence of the child is still in the woman.

I also have certainty that Jah and His son saw and knew me then, which they confirmed to me years later, and that brings me great solace.

These are thought provoking messages for us Zoe, thank you. I'm sad to hear of your painful JW upbringing, the WTBS has so much to answer for. Hugs to you.

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:25 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Hellpuppy wrote:
Quote:
Who is Bo?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:26 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:15 pm Post subject:

Quote:
Hellpuppy wrote:
Who is Bo?

Zoe wrote:
Quote:
Click the URL several posts back about a fellow from Norway exposing the WT society. I know his name is the same as yours :P