xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Heading back to Space
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:32 pm 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

So amazing to see human ingenuity being used for something like this. Truly remarkable and I cannot wait to watch the launch! Feel like a kid again!

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:52 am 

Coming from another generation, dear C&D (peace to you and thanks for sharing this, luvee!), one where space launches were frequent and sometimes successful (i.e., Vostik 1, Friendship 7, Apollo 11, Endeavor, and more), sometimes not at all (Challenger), I'm no longer excited about space travel. It's been done MANY throughout my lifetime (and that of most here, I would surmise) , albeit not necessarily by the USA (this country really isn't "first" in EVERYTHING). But glad you get a thrill from the prospect.

Don't get me wrong: I know that such vehicles and their related endeavors are HUGELY complex, EXTREMELY technical, VERY sophisticated... and GREATLY... GREATLY expensive.. And so I'm sure they deserve some awe. But when I contrast that to the reality that they can't give man access... indeed, even close to... the kingdom of JaH/JaH'eShua, which although MUCH closer and FAR, FAR less expensive (i.e., FREE) but to the contrary, seems to be much, much harder for man to reach, I probably don't "go" where others do over projects of this kind.

I get it: space travel is important. For the "future." Hopefully, there will be a future for those who look to such endeavors. But people are (unnecessarily) dying here NOW. Imagine the progress we can make on feeding the hungry, housing the (non-mentally ill, drug/alcohol addicted, etc.) homeless., providing affordable medication for the poor among us... ah, well, not OUR problem, right?

So, while I can't join you in your excitement and "childlike" feelings about this, I can appreciate that you experiencing such. The "child" in me, though, seeks COMPLETE success for mankind... and in another far, far more complicated, technical, and sophisticated dimension than man can ever imaging, altogether.

But again, thanks for sharing it here. Let's all hope it IS successful, so that at least we don't see billions of dollars... and billions of dollars worth of lives... go up in smoke. We've seen that, too.

Take care and peace to you and your dear household, luvee!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel