xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:27 pm 

On another forum,poster "Cappytan" put this together..
It`s Pretty Funny..
Thanks Cappy!..

Music Video:
Would Jesus Wear a Rolex on JW Broadcasting? - PARODY.....by Cappytan

https://youtu.be/sWZwG5sWBcM

.....................................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:13 am 

Well, all I can say is that neither a Rolex... nor a suit and tie... intelligence makes (peace to you, dear Sher'f!). Indeed, regardless of what the Rolex... or suit and tie... might "say,"... if THIS guy's FACE doesn't scream "IDIOT", I don't know what does. Although, I guess you can't be too dumb... if you can get an body of more than 7 million people not only to listen to and believe your lies... but to not take issue when their "mother" institution buys you... and they see you wearing... a VERY expensive gold watch (but, then, the worker is worthy of his wages, no?).

On the other hand, he COULD just be stoopid enough to believe he deserves (to wear) it ("Well, I HAVE given my LIFE to 'Jehovah', haven't I? So, of COURSE, I deserve (to wear) a gold watch... and not some mamby-pamby CHEAP one, either!"). I know, I know... some other "intelligent" JW who makes a lot of money somehow (cellphone towers, maybe?) gave it to him "as a gift." And no, he wasn't supposed to sell it and give the money to the poor... and go follow Christ. No, he's already following "Jehovah"... and PROUD of his gold watch...

Sigh. I look back on all the JW men I knew, almost all of whom assumed themselves... and others assumed them... to be "smart"... because they wore a suit and tie (Matthew 23:5). Talk about walking by sight and getting caught up in the "outward" appearance! My own ex was (considered to be) a really good looking guy (on the outside - inside, well...). Put a suit on HIM, and... well, SURELY... HE was an intelligent man, right? I mean, "LOOKIT him! He's tall... good-looking... and wearing a SUIT... of COURSE, he's a smart man!" Can't tell ya'll how many JWs, both men AND women, would swoon in his presence. Thing is... not only was he a total idiot, but he was virtually illiterate... AND... dumb as rocks. Not that being illiterate makes one dumb (and I don't mean mute). No, he was virtually illiterate... AND dumb as rocks (and I apologize to all rocks for the insult).

Can't tell you how many men I've come across in my life who think that because they are fairly good-looking, from a totally physical POV... they're smart... but are actually dumb as frickin' rocks. Wait, I really am insulting rocks. Because some are/were DUMBER. SORRY, rocks - LOLOLOL!

I have no doubt that were I to have a conversation with this man, and not as to anything of any great substance either but perhaps only something as elementary as... well, rocks... he'd fall apart. Then he'd get angry because his BS wouldn't fly - have holes all in it. Then he'd get angry because I'm a woman. Then he'd get angry because he doesn't know his Bible after all. Then he'd get angry because he realizes the WTBTS didn't give him all the answers. Then he'd get angry because he realizes they don't HAVE all the answers; heck, they don't have ANY answers. Then he'd get angry because he realize that, well, he really is dumb as rocks and now someone else knows it.

But he would take that anger out on everyone except himself. On me, on "Jehovah," on those close to him. Anyone... except himself... for the choices in life HE made... including to be/stay dumb.

I have to pray in this regard a LOT. Because I have SO little patience for men like this. And women like this ('cause they're out there, too). The outward appearance... watches, suits, ties, good looks, possessions... NONE of it means anything. Except maybe that some can be fooled by its. Even oneself. The MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, does not care what you look like, what you wear, what kind of jewelry you possess, house you live in, car you drive... or what kind of "leader" you claim to be "among men." He looks at what is INSIDE a man/woman.

I hate that a man wearing a fancy suit and a Rolex is what some consider to be a man "blessed" by God (thinks of the Joel Osteen's and Creflo Dollar's of the world...).

What a putz. What a bunch of deceitful, misleading, false prophesying... lying (on/about God)... putzes.

Sorry for the rant, dear Sher'f, but this guy just ticked me off. SUCH a putz.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:53 am 

Quote:
What a putz. What a bunch of deceitful, misleading, false prophesying... lying (on/about God)... putzes.
Sorry for the rant, dear Sher'f, but this guy just ticked me off. SUCH a putz......Shelby

LOL!!!!..
I loved it!..Thats the Shelby I know and love!....Image

I have no use for the Pseudo Christians either..
"Hypocrites to the Bone",everyone of them..
Even an Unbeliever like myself can spot them in a Heartbeat..
I much prefer my "Followers of Jesus" Christian Friends..

Good video and song though eh?..LOL!!..

...............................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:37 pm 

Peace! As our dear Lord gives it:

Speaking of rocks . . . cough, cough. . . LOLOL

Types of Rocks

Rocks are not all the same!
The three main types, or classes, of rock are sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous and the differences among them have to do with how they are formed.

Sedimentary
Sedimentary rocks are formed from particles of sand, shells, pebbles, and other fragments of material. Together, all these particles are called sediment. Gradually, the sediment accumulates in layers and over a long period of time hardens into rock. Generally, sedimentary rock is fairly soft and may break apart or crumble easily. You can often see sand, pebbles, or stones in the rock, and it is usually the only type that contains fossils.

Examples of this rock type include conglomerate and limestone.

Metamorphic
Metamorphic rocks are formed under the surface of the earth from the metamorphosis (change) that occurs due to intense heat and pressure (squeezing). The rocks that result from these processes often have ribbonlike layers and may have shiny crystals, formed by minerals growing slowly over time, on their surface.

Examples of this rock type include gneiss and marble.

Igneous
Igneous rocks are formed when magma (molten rock deep within the earth) cools and hardens. Sometimes the magma cools inside the earth, and other times it erupts onto the surface from volcanoes (in this case, it is called lava). When lava cools very quickly, no crystals form and the rock looks shiny and glasslike. Sometimes gas bubbles are trapped in the rock during the cooling process, leaving tiny holes and spaces in the rock.

Examples of this rock type include basalt and obsidian.

Something I was reminded of a long time ago by a very smaht woman was . . . was . . . even fancy multi-million dollar homes are made of "sticks and stones." And there you go.

Peace out!

--Armand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:52 pm 

Yeah, well, I DID apologize [to the rocks] for insulting THEM, dear Armand - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace to you, dear brother (and to you, again, too, dear Sher'f)!

Shellamar... on her own...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:07 pm 

Quote:
The Watchtower, August 15, 1994:
"In stark contrast, news reports have time and again revealed many of the clergy in some lands to be pedophiles, immoral swindlers, and frauds. Their works of the flesh and their extravagant life-styles are manifest for all to see. One popular songwriter expressed it well in his song entitled 'Would Jesus Wear a Rolex [a very expensive gold watch] on His Television Show?'"

Image...Image

In WatchTowers Defence..
They Condemn Themselves!!......LOL!!!!!!!..

............................Image...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:55 pm 

You know (peace to you, all!)... it seems to me that the WTBTS and its GB are becoming more and more like those they decry. I wonder... did previous GB members tout such finery? Not that there's anything wrong with wearing a Rolex. I mean, unless you've taken a vow of poverty. Then it's kind of an insult to those who "donate" their money (again, they may have been gifts from someone who could afford them... but how can you wear one when you're telling others folks not to pursue "worldly" goods??? How do they know whether the watch some lowly publisher is sporting was not a gift??).

Reminds me of the first part of Proverb 11:21:

"Like a gold ring in the snout of a pig..."

Sorry, dear ones, but I just don't GET all of this ostentatiousness when it comes to the so-called "leaders" of religion. Well, not the so-called "christian" religions. NOWHERE do I see Christ "in" it... and I'm at a loss as to how so many [other] so-called "christians" do. I know, it's that whole "God is blessing..." them/him/me. Curious: wouldn't God so bless His own Son in such a way FIRST and above all others???

Fools. Them... and those who listen to and follow them. Fools and blind putzes.

Too bad... too bad...

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:15 pm 

Ah, catching them in their own condemnations of others. They do this a lot, and i wish I could say that one is pretty blatant, but they are all pretty blatant... if you are able to SEE.

The song is awesome too, because of the actual rolex, lol.

Outward appearance means absolutely nothing. Jah and Christ see the inside.

Shelby, I never even thought to consider that some people would look at a man in a suit and tie (including the man himself), and think that person must be intelligent.

Nice rock lesson, Armand ; )

Peace to you all,
your sister, and servant, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:38 pm 

Quote:
Sorry, dear ones, but I just don't GET all of this ostentatiousness when it comes to the so-called "leaders" of religion. Well, not the so-called "christian" religions. NOWHERE do I see Christ "in" it... and I'm at a loss as to how so many [other] so-called "christians" do. I know, it's that whole "God is blessing..." them/him/me. Curious: wouldn't God so bless His own Son in such a way FIRST and above all others???

Yes, of course He would!

But (and I know you know this already), they are not looking at Christ. They are looking at (and listening to) men, religion, at examples that came in the history of their religion, at other sects/denominations, etc. At what has always been a part of religion... appearance. So that is what is the norm. Not for everyone of course, but for those who don't see through all of this. If they are not looking at Christ to begin with, then how in the world are they going to see that these men are not doing as Christ did (and does)?

And it is also sad. So sad, because some are searching for hope, for help... and they are turning to these men and religions instead of to Christ, and these men and religions are telling them that is what they SHOULD be doing; all the while taking their money (and their hope, and also the faith being given to them instead) and giving nothing in return. Because they have nothing TO give back. Yet people KEEP giving all these things TO them. Even when all of this is pointed out to them; most just do not see it (and/or do not want to see it).

Peace again to you,
your sister and servant, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:55 pm 

Quote:
If they are not looking at Christ to begin with, then how in the world are they going to see that these men are not doing as Christ did (and does)?

Indeed, dear Tams (peace to you, luv)!!!

Quote:
And it is also sad. So sad, because some are searching for hope, for help...

Yes, it IS sad!

These men and religions are telling them that is what they SHOULD be doing; all the while taking their money:

"... you must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach" Matthew 23:3

Quote:
they have nothing TO give back. Yet people KEEP giving all these things TO them.

Preach, sistah!!

Quote:
Even when all of this is pointed out to them; most just do not see it (and/or do not want to see it).

I wager it's the latter. People might say they don't WANT to be blind but, heck, there are those who, although even having had their eyes OPENED... REFUSE to see. It's like the man, having his eyes closed and his hands over his eyes... removes his hands... but does not OPEN HIS EYES. Nothing covering them any longer... yet, he won't do the one thing it would take for him to see: open his eyes and BEHOLD.

Ah, well...

Peace, luv!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:35 pm 

LOL!

This song was referred to, not once, but TWICE, by WT. The other one was in the Feb 1, 1990 WT. Get a load of this!

Quote:
The worldliness of some clergy has even been exposed in the media in recent times, as for example the licentious and luxurious life-styles of some TV clergymen. One modern songwriter composed a song with the title: “Would Jesus Wear a [$10,000] Rolex [watch] on His Television Show?” The song goes on to say: “Would Jesus be political if He came back to earth, have His second home in [luxurious] Palm Springs and try to hide His worth?” In addition, more and more clergymen condone or practice homosexuality. Even now the Catholic Church in the United States is paying millions of dollars in damages to compensate for priests guilty of sexual abuse of children.—Romans 1:24-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.

Quote:
I mean, unless you've taken a vow of poverty.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bethelites DO take a vow of poverty, and GB members ARE Bethelites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:39 pm 

I'm tempted to go back to the KH and program their little mp3 player that plays the songs so that each song number plays this song. Wouldn't that be a hoot! LOL. ('course, that's vandalism, so I won't do that, but the temptation is there. ::)) )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:13 pm 

I have no doubt that were I to have a conversation with this man, and not as to anything of any great substance either but perhaps only something as elementary as... well, rocks... he'd fall apart. Then he'd get angry because his BS wouldn't fly - have holes all in it. Then he'd get angry because I'm a woman. Then he'd get angry because he doesn't know his Bible after all. Then he'd get angry because he realizes the WTBTS didn't give him all the answers. Then he'd get angry because he realizes they don't HAVE all the answers; heck, they don't have ANY answers. Then he'd get angry because he realize that, well, he really is dumb as rocks and now someone else knows it.

Good evening everyone and peace to you dear Shel.....

::)) ::)) ::)) ::)) ::)) ::))

So true!!!

But it truly is pathetic and sad. Sad because how many are fooled by them.

Ooh well, it is what they want.

Love to you all, your sister in Christ. Kim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:13 pm 

I just wanna know what's the deal with that scene when those waiters were putting the loaves of bread on the table?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:23 pm 

Here you go Shirley! This is the deal with the waiters and loaves:

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2795

Peace to you!