xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:08 am 

Greetings, all - Not sure if this is "fun," but I thought it was interesting (peace to you all!). Please view at your own risk, though, as it might be a bit gross for you (hence, it comes with the "gag" warning - and I don't mean gag as in "being silent about it"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2Zm-KwKy4

And...

http://www.wikihow.com/Express-a-Dog's-Anal-Gland (although, the pic with the "black" guy "naked" in the tub WITH sort of disturbs me - LOL! Not sure why: him being "naked"... or them using a "black" guy - LOLOLOL! Ah, well...).

Here's a Google page with several links, because apparently it is NOT such a big mystery after all:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... for%20dogs

We found out when we changed the pups' vet last month. The new one offers to do the deed at $25/per puppy so we had the Lou-ster "done" (when he was in for an eye infection) and will schedule the ladies for early next year.

I wondered if it was only for small dogs but apparently not; apparently, ALL dogs (Google as to "large" dogs, if you're curious - I totally understand if you're not, though - LOLOL!) should have it done, from time to time (the recommendation is every 6-8 weeks - say WHAT, now??!! No way - ain't happenin'. For us, it's been more than 6-8 years for three of the pups, so while we might cut that in half and have it done every (other?) year, it won't be several times in one year, no way. Although... dear hubs and I are "toying" with the possibility of learning how and doing it ourselves. Me? I still think $25 is WAY cheap to have it done by someone else - LOLOLOLOLOL! Sure, it adds up to $100 for all four, but still - WAAAYYYYY cheap, IMHO!!

Anyway, like I said, "Who knew?" We sure didn't. Which makes me wonder what else I, as a puppy mom, don't know.

Things that make you go "hmmmmm...". Or "UGGHHHH!!" LOLOLOLOL!

Peace to you all!

Shellamar, who thought getting teeth scaled 2x a year was a big deal... and now, this - on her own... LOLOLOL!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:09 am 

OOOOH! -SORRY for that extra LARGE "view"! Goes along with some of my "retentiveness", though, I guess - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Sorry, HAD to "say" that - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

PEACE, chikkens!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:04 pm 

Good to know Shelby but I think I will let me Vet do that LOL.

When a dog scoots his butt on the carpet I guess its time to do this. Mine has done it a couple of times but not lately. I had a Pomeranian dog that did that all the time, wish I knew then what to do as I couldn't afford a Vet then.

I now know why dogs sniff each others butts so much LOL

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:53 pm 

Okaayyy?? dear Zoe (peace, luv!)? I thought, "Hey, why isn't this more common knowledge??" I mean, I get that it's not necessarily... ummmm... "savory" (no pun intended), but it explains some things and how one can avoid some "behavior" and pet discomfort.

Glad at least one person didn't respond "Hey, what the...??!" to the post, though - LOLOLOLOL!

Peace, chile'!

Shelb