xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: DAILY HELLOS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:02 pm 

Greetings to you all and may you all be given the peace of our Lord JAHeshua the true MischaJAH,

Hope this finds you ALL well. I want to send my love and wish for peace to you ALL this weekend wherever you may be.

Whether gathered or in private still proclaiming joyously our Lords death and sacrifice by partaking of his flesh/ the true bread and food from heaven and His blood/ the true drink and life spirit within us until he arrives.

"For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes."
1 Corinthians 11:26

And the beauty of this verse is " the whenever" is anytime we choose to partake as our "daily sacrifice" and bread from heaven!

Love your sister fellow servant and slave of our Lord JAHeshua,
kim

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:24 am 

Good Morning everyone, I hope you all are having a good day.

The weather here is getting to be depressing, we are still having cold weather here and snow. Everyday for a month now it goes down to 10 to 20 degrees F at night and in the day it barely gets to 32 degrees F. Today it is snowing like crazy. We are supposed to get a LOT of wet snow on Tuesday. I am so fed up but what can you do LOL wish I lived further South but then I guess we would have to contend with hurricanes and earthquakes, always something.

Nothing else to say except I am grateful to our Lord for everything that he is revealing to us and I am still trying to hang on to him for dear life and to guard my heart. I am trying to learn about him and in a way that is more direct from him than from religion and man. I saw something today on Quora that Shelby posted that seemed like a great analogy - Do not drink life's water from "downstream" where it is polluted and contaminated.

That's all I have to say today but wanted to keep in touch here.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:55 pm 

Hello dear Zoe and peace to you ALL,

I am still trying to hang on to him for dear life and to guard my heart. I am trying to learn about him and in a way that is more direct from him than from religion and man.

I am as well dear Zoe. "Hanging on to the skirt of a Jew/ Christ"... for dear life! And listening to Him which is the "true water source" is the purest source. Unpolluted! Clean! Pure! Holy! Isn't drinking from the source always the best? Everything and everyone else is tainted!

Sorry for all the dang cold weather. We just have a lot of rain right now. But I'll take this warm tropical storm over snow any day LOL!

Peace and Love to you and your households,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:57 am 

Hi Kim and thanks for the Hello back.

Happy Saturday everyone, its sunny here today, but we got a few inches of snow yesterday, it was a blizzard for awhile and it is still on the ground. We have more snow forecast next week so no end in sight yet. This isn't that usual for my area, we don't usually get snow at this time of the year but I see Boston and New York which are south of me are getting it too.

I was really appreciative yesterday to get some spiritual food again, it seems I am finding new stuff every other day. Nothing new for most of you folks here but for me its new in that its sinking in and making sense. I was reading Quora and saw a question that Shelby answered in depth. The question was -
"To Christians, does Jesus have a God? If so, who is the God of Jesus? Who is your God, the God of Jesus or Jesus? Who do you worship?"
The question wasn't about Christ's name but it turned into that and much more and what a in depth explanation. Funny I was going to ask here just 2 days before for more background about how his name is Jaheshua and there it came up. The explanation was why Jesus is not the right name and how Jaheshua is correct. I just learned about this in the last year but this really explained it and a light bulb came on in my head and there it was all bright understanding. The post also went into how our Heavenly Father's name is not Jehovah but Jahveh which I had come to understand more easily but it was helpful to read again.

Peace and Love to you all and thanks to our Heavenly Father Jahveh and our Lord Jaheshua for all the love and mercy they are giving us.

Here is the post if anyone is interested or wants to know:
https://www.quora.com/profile/Shelby-Anguiano-1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 am 

Good Morning everyone, it sure is quiet here as far as anyone saying Hello but it seems that a lot of people came here and read this thread in the past day or so by the thread count. I wonder if non-members are coming here to see what's up LOL?

Well nothing much is up for me, the weather hasn't changed in weeks, it is 34 degrees right now and going to be like that for the next few days then get colder and snow 4 to 6 inches on Sunday. I am so SICK of cold wintery weather. My John bought us a used golf cart 3 weeks ago so we can drive around our pretty lakefront neighbourhood and see what is happening and say Hi to our neighbours. I can't walk around outside due to my MS and my severe spine degeneration and his knees have gone so we can hardly wait to get out and try it out but so far we haven't had one day we can go out yet. Maybe next month.

I am reading old threads here everyday and yesterday I found another gem, I think its for members only so I will bump the thread as I think it really is a good reminder and it totally perked me up as to how to keep up faith and love for our Lord. Here it is but only members can see it:
http://xjwsforchrist.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1457

Does anyone here think it would be helpful and encouraging to start a thread about what we/I learned or were reminded of that helps us with our faith and love for Christ?? I am new having faith so I guess I am bursting to talk about it all, lots of you have places to go and people to talk to as a way to share. I am praying for ways to praise our Lord and to share, maybe this is not the place to do it as maybe not that many come here. Though there was over 100 visits on this thread in just over 24 hours so maybe people are reading here unless its the same people over and over??

That's about it for me today
Peace and Love to you all from Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:11 am 

Mornin', dear Zoe, and peace to you, luv!

Quote:
Does anyone here think it would be helpful and encouraging to start a thread about what we/I learned or were reminded of that helps us with our faith and love for Christ??

My personal feeling is that that whatever anyone wishes to share is okay, so long as it's respectful (of JAH, Christ, other members, humanity, etc.), per our guidelines. I would not let (that no one else might be interested) stop me (and my posts... and their lengths... can serve as proof of that - LOLOLOL!).

Quote:
I am new having faith so I guess I am bursting to talk about it all,

And you're not alone - surely, you can tell I have been "bursting" for decades, now - LOLOL! Way more when I first started, yes, but that's only because I feel as if I've pretty much "said" (posted) everything I've received and learned thus far. I try to share as "new" things are shared with me, but these days most is for me (as edification/fortification).

But Paul wrote quite eloquently about this, saying:

"But the righteousness resulting from faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ that is, to bring Christ down, or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.” But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your own mouth and in your own heart”; that is, “the word” of faith, which we are preaching. For if you publicly declare with your mouth that [Jesus] is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation." Romans 10:9, 10

In other words, as Christ said, "Out of heart's abundance the MOUTH speaks." Matthew 12:34; Luke 6:45

He said this as to the wicked things that come out of a man's mouth due to the abundance of evil in his heart, but surely the opposite is true - if the abundance of a man's heart is good... then good is what will come out of his mouth, yes?

Quote:
lots of you have places to go and people to talk to as a way to share.

I'm not so sure that's true. It's one thing to post/share on the Internet - people are more likely to engage on the topic of faith through that media as they are still pretty "hidden." In contrast, people rarely with to discuss such matters in person. That's because people like to be "right" (because it, after all, all about them, yes?)... and religion is a foremost fomenter of people being "right" (in their beliefs), followed by science. If you show them where they might be/are wrong, however, discussions are often brief (if at all)... there is even anger.

Which is why we have this place and others... so that we can publicly declare who our dear Lord is, our faith in him, share the truth and help set matters correct... act as ambassadors for him and, as part of his Bride, possibly ping the "ear" of any who are truly "wishing" and "thirsting". Revelation 22:17

We don't need to leave our homes... our bedrooms... even our beds, if we can't/don't wish to. We live in a marvelous time where our public declarations are not limited to nor even need to involve standing on street corners or knocking on people's doors. Here, on the Internet, people are asking all manner of questions. Which is why I like, say, Quora - SO many there with questions. Who better to help them than us??? It can be "trying" sometimes, given the level of questions asked by some, yes. I just try to give such the benefit of the doubt that they are either young, from another land/background, or raised in religion/atheism. Regardless, they appear not to know but wish to discuss (or at least get answers). How can we complain when a "territory" for sharing is right there... for free... and we don't even need to leave our homes??

So, I would encourage you to take advantage of this means for sharing the GOOD news about our dear Lord. He is not asking us to "put in hours" or "share in the field service," or "be Pioneers," etc. HE is not asking us for ANYTHING in this regard. If we DO share... it is, again, due to OUR hearts' abundance, OUR love... which, as you've shared, is VERY hard to contain.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you and to your dear John and household!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:46 am 

Hi Shelby thanks for your input, I respect it as I know you share so much with everyone you can.

I am feeling compelled to share online what I have learned but feel safer doing it here so far. I still have more questions than answers LOL.

I very recently have been thinking I could post on JWN and Quora so working up to that. I know I will come up against mockery on JWN though as a lot of people there are so angry and not drawn to Christ so won't hear but there might be those that are wanting to hear. I am surprised that I don't feel that it would bother me to be mocked now as I totally feel I have been blessed to be learning the truth at last. BUT I just don't know that much yet other than simple things so I don't want to come across as an idiot. I am still trying to get my brain around things like The Trinity as to how to explain it. If I get a strong urge to write something I will pray and ask our Lord to help me say the right thing. Recently I have been getting a strong urge to share my thoughts sometimes but then I resist it because I feel I am kind of ignorant still on things. I am working on that as a priority now.

I find myself dreaming about spiritual things now or waking up in the middle of the night and mulling over stuff I have learned, very weird for me. A couple of days ago I was half dreaming about the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge, it was getting me a bit muddled and I was hearing that there might have been an actual tree and fruit that represented the tree of knowledge but it was mostly about the metaphorical meaning. Still not clear about that and why it popped into my dreams. I guess it could mean I am thinking a LOT about Christ lately and dwelling on it.

That's it for me today I think, all tired out now, got to conserve my limited energy these days.
Love and Peace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:11 pm 

Yikes - I truly didn't mean to imply you (or anyone) "should" be posting anywhere, dear Zoe (again, peace to you!).

I just meant that I actually don't speak with a lot of people face to face (as I thought you might think is the case)... and nowhere near what I do on the Internet... and that I personally consider it a privilege NOT to have to do so (i.e., go door to door or even speak with people face to face to share my faith). I don't hide who I am on the Internet, though, and there are opposers on it, as well. BUT... no one has to literally be in another's physical presence.

Of course, I do speak with people face to face from time to time, as my dear Lord leads me - I even do some personal associating from time to time (but that is becoming less and less as I get older and tireder and my flesh doesn't bounce back as quickly... and as I work longer and longer with a department of 400+ people who are about 50% atheist (including some Jewish folks), 65% Jewish (who are mostly atheists), 25% "christian" (but mostly Catholic, there), 20% Muslim (the "American" kind, Middle Eastern kind, African kind, AND Asian-Pacific kind), and 5% "I don't know what I am or even if I am anything (religious)." I like my job, though, and so I have to be VERY careful. I don't hide who/what I am here, either, but I either wait for the other person to open the door to discussion (about almost anything as almost anything can lead to a discussion about faith, if not Christ himself or even JAH, yes?)... or an opportune time where my saying something won't be construed as being "preached" at or condescending. Faith, religion, the Bible, etc., are not easy topics to discuss at work or face to face with pretty much anyone.
Politics... now, that's another thing entirely - can't get folks to shut up about that here - LOLOLOL!

But my point was and is that not being able to be among people in the literal sense shouldn't be a cause for concern... and sometimes can be a blessing!

Also, one never knows what "opportunities" the Master will put before one. But one must do the work FIRST... before on receives a wage, yes? Most want the wage (gift/miracle) FIRST... and say THEN they'll do some work. I have learned the former is how one truly gets "paid" - first doing the work.

Again, peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm 

Hello and peace to you both today,

By all means dear Zoe, if you are feeling compelled to share something about our Lord then do so!

Of course none of us know everything...and none of us know anything of real truth apart from Christ.

And remember, that even the little you feel you are learning and hearing...is a whole lot more than what others know that do not know our Lord JAHeshua because they do not have His truth.

And I agree with Shelby, although we may be physically in contact with many more folks than you might be, unless folks are asking, they truly don't wanna hear it! They much rather talk about the weather, recipes, politics, and other people. So I am learning everyday still to keep my mouth shut unless directed to speak and then to be cautious LOL!

Peace and love to you and John,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:00 pm 

Hi again Shelby, I see your point LOL that I shouldn't be concerned about not getting out of the house and seeing or talking to people. Even those that get out and about don't shout out about their spiritual beliefs at least those of you here. We are so fortunate nowadays to be able to communicate virtually and not in person all the time like in the old days.

Now as far as the work you mention, seems like I got lots of that to do for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:03 pm 

Hi Kim
thanks for what you have said, makes me feel better about being a shut in and figuring out how to share with others.

I agree with this that you said for sure:
Quote:
unless folks are asking, they truly don't wanna hear it! They much rather talk about the weather, recipes, politics, and other people. So I am learning everyday still to keep my mouth shut unless directed to speak and then to be cautious LOL!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:26 am 

Morning everyone but I won't say Good as its horrible here. We are on our 3rd day of constant heavy freezing rain, sleet and snow. I am so surprised we haven't lost power yet as the trees are weighted down with ice and branches are hanging to the ground. We have several fir trees that are tall (15 feet at least) and conical on our property and they are bent over and laying on the ground, bowing like in prayer. The birch tree beside my dining room window branches are scraping on the roof and on the deck, I am hoping they don't snap as its very windy too. John was supposed to go to work this morning but he couldn't get out the driveway, the snow ploughs are not out and there is a thick layer of ice and snow on the road. All the schools are closed and some stores and restaurants too. Flights are cancelled in Toronto and its just a mess. Who would expect this in the middle of April, it was better weather in January LOL.

Oh well at least we are safe here, we have a gas fireplace and a generator with lots of fuel for it in case we lose power so it could be worse. Unlike my ex-husband and my youngest daughter who had a terrible weekend, I feel so bad for them even though they don't talk to me. My older daughter called me yesterday morning and told me what happened. My ex and daughter moved to a new apartment on Saturday afternoon, very stressful for them after living 11 years in the same apartment (long story there but they were sponging off my oldest son in his rental house) and both of them with no jobs. My ex has Parkinson's and my daughter is on disability so they had to ask the Salvation army for help to move and for money as they have kind of burned their bridges with everyone else by taking but not being thankful and biting the hand that helps them. Anyway they are sleeping for the first night at the new apartment and at 2 AM yesterday they were wakened by firefighters breaking down their door. The apartment above them (they are living in a house with a upstairs apartment and downstairs apartment) was on fire unknown to my ex and daughter and apparently in the panic no one told the firefighters someone was living downstairs. So the fire guys didn't knock just broke the door down and it traumatised my poor ex-husband so much that they had to take him in ambulance to the hospital due to his weakened health. What a horrible experience for them and the first night in their new place. There is no fire damage in their apartment but there is smoke so they have to stay at my son's house, hopefully they can go home soon. The upstairs apartment is gutted and the tenant vacated YIKES.

That's my news for today.

I hope you all are having a better day than up here.
Peace and love

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm 

Peace to you Zoe!

I'm glad you and John have a generator. I remember an ice storm from some time ago that knocked the power out in Ontario (or was that Quebec?) for a couple weeks.

As for the story about your ex and your daughter, wow. That's a memorable first night in a new place!

Quote:
it was better weather in January LOL.

I think that's why we're getting so much now. A guest from my work made the comment that instead of moving the hour back or forward for daylight savings, we need to move the month, problem solved, lol.

We have one little patch of snow/freezing rain coming today and tomorrow, and that looks like it for Edmonton. My parents and sister are four to five hours north, and they are getting up to 20 centimetres of snow today.

Peace to you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:25 pm 

Hi Tammy, good that your weather is better out there. It is snowing now, it hasn't let up all day, always doing something, its supposed to rain but its still to cold.

Yes I was around when we had that awful Ice storm here in Ontario and Quebec about 20 years ago January 1998). I was without power for 2 days in Toronto but a lot of people were without power for weeks. John was living east of Toronto then and he was without power for a week but he had a generator. You couldn't buy a generator then as they were all sold out within a few days.

I have faith spring will come in May at least LOL.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 pm 

Quote:
Who would expect this in the middle of April, it was better weather in January LOL.

A guest from my work made the comment that instead of moving the hour back or forward for daylight savings, we need to move the month, problem solved, lol.

I have faith spring will come in May at least LOL.

Peace to you, dear Tams and Zoe! Interestingly, the Jewish calendar year has an intercalary lunar month added periodically to synchronize the twelve lunar cycles with the longer solar year so that they can stay on track with their festival observances. 2018... or the Jewish year 5778... is a Jewish "leap" year, where such an additional month was added (it started on Sep. 21, 2017, and ends on Sep. 9, 2018 and consists of 13 lunar months).

I share that to say that, while many might be thinking (and, being a southern Cali girl at heart, weather-wise, I can TOTALLY sympathize), "Well, it's April and 'April showers bring May flowers', right, so what's up with all of this cold weather, rain, hail... even snow??" another poem always comes to my mind when April is wintry. It is entitled, "The North Wind," but I learned it as:

"The March wind doth blow
And we shall have snow
And what will poor robin do then, poor thing?

He'll sit in a barn
And keep himself warm
And hide his head under his wing, poor thing."

It always reminds me, when March/April are cold and blustery, that "winter ain't really over, yet". LOLOLOL!

That... and whenever Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, which he did on Groundhog Day (Feb. 2) this year. 'Cause everybody KNOWS that means at least another 6 weeks of winter... right??

Peace... and stay warm, chikkens. Maybe hide yer heads under yer wings? LOLOLOL!

Shellamar, on her own...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next