xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: DAILY HELLOS
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:07 am 

Good Morning all - I miss you here a lot.

Happy 4th of July for you in the USA, here in Canada it is Canada Day today, Canada is 150 years old as a confederation.

I am facing life's challenges right now and feeling a bit despondent so haven't been posting much anywhere. Last weekend the power went out unexpectedly here at 9 AM and somehow that affected my computer. It would not turn on again when the power came back. We had some huge expenses this past month and so couldn't take it to the computer shop right away. Anyway I got it back last night and so grateful to have a computer again. Its one of my lifelines.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:29 am 

Zoe, I am glad you got your computer back, and sorry you had some financial issues that delayed getting it repaired. I know its a priority, and so not having it would be tough.

Peace and love to you all!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:48 pm 

Well, well... lookee who's back in the top left corner of the board : )

Leaving is the one who got that in for us. Thank you Leaving!

Peace and love to you all,
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:04 am 

Hi Zoe so glad you are back online successfully. Sad to hear things haven't been so good for you sister.

Great job Tammy, and thanks to Leaving too.

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:45 am 

Hi Loz so nice to see you here again. Are you in an area where you can't get internet? I am lost without it myself. My John wants me to go to his cottage in the woods for weekends but it has no internet at all so I usually beg off that LOL.

Yay, the sheep are back!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:23 am 

Good morning and peace to you all! Logged on and right away "something" seemed "different" somehow. I felt an initial, I dunno, "shock" of fear? ("Something's wrong - oh, no, what's happened??!")

Then in the very next instant I knew - nothing wrong:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3281

Everything now seems right with the world - LOLOL!

THANK you (again!), dear LQ!

Peace to you all!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 am 

Quote:
Everything now seems right with the world - LOLOL!

Lol, it does, doesn't it?

I keep glancing up and looking at them. Bunch of dopey, grinning sheep. I missed them!

Peace and love to you ladies (and to you brothers also of course),
your sister and servant and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:08 pm 

Greetings and peace to you ALL today,

May our Father JAHveh and His Son our Lord and savior JAHehsua MischaJAH grant you ALL their Peace comfort and strenghth to continue to endure to the end so that we may prove to our adversary...that he IS a liar!

Just thinking of you all today and sending my love to you all,
Your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:00 pm 

Hello everyone, and it's lovely seeing you here again Zoe. In the summer we have a mobile home at the seaside in Wales, near some of my family, so we spend a lot of time there now. It's nice to be away from the city, especially when it's hot and sunny. I feel very blessed to have it to go to in our retirement. Our puppy loves it there too and has more freedom than at home in our apartment. Unfortunately there is poor wifi coverage in the area which should improve soon, I certainly hope so.

I haven't been well this year and I couldn't quite figure out what/why, but apparently I'm suffering from the medical condition 'anxiety'. I'm quite ashamed to admit this. A servant of Christ who shouldn't/'doesn't need to be anxious over anything'? I didn't even know there was such a condition, but here we are, there is. I've found myself stressing totally unreasonably about the silliest things and subsequently suffering other consequences. Anyway, it's all in hand and I know what to pray for specifically, and I know help will come. I thought I had enough medical complaints already but hey ho what's one more lol?

Sending love

Loz x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:37 pm 

Quote:
Yay, the sheep are back!!!.....Zoe

The Sheep Are Back?!..Ahhhhhhhhh!....YUM!...
Image Image

............. 8) ...OUTLAW

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:59 pm 

Loz wrote:

I haven't been well this year and I couldn't quite figure out what/why, but apparently I'm suffering from the medical condition 'anxiety'. I'm quite ashamed to admit this. A servant of Christ who shouldn't/'doesn't need to be anxious over anything'? I didn't even know there was such a condition, but here we are, there is. I've found myself stressing totally unreasonably about the silliest things and subsequently suffering other consequences. Anyway, it's all in hand and I know what to pray for specifically, and I know help will come. I thought I had enough medical complaints already but hey ho what's one more lol?

Sending love

Loz x

Well, if you can help it, don't be anxious over even that, dear Loz (peace and love to you!). I'm glad you have things in hand now and that you know what to pray for. I will keep you in my prayers as well. I know that mental or emotional conditions still have shame attached to them (though I understand that is not why you feel ashamed, but please know that you do not have to be ashamed with us. We are not the Pharisees who judged others as 'sinners' worse than them, due to their ailments)

My Lord also reminded and reassured me recently (because I have some dear loved ones who suffer from depression or anxiety), that the leaves of the tree are for healing... healing of all sorts; including for mental and emotional pain or sickness as well.

It is good to hear from you dear sister, and thank you Kim for you wish of love and peace, and Outlaw, lol, you're the sheriff here; you're not supposed to make lamb chops out of the sheep!

Peace and love to you all,
your sister and servant and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:40 am 

Quote:
Well, if you can help it, don't be anxious over even that, dear Loz (peace and love to you!). I'm glad you have things in hand now and that you know what to pray for. I will keep you in my prayers as well. I know that mental or emotional conditions still have shame attached to them (though I understand that is not why you feel ashamed, but please know that you do not have to be ashamed with us. We are not the Pharisees who judged others as 'sinners' worse than them, due to their ailments)

Thank you for your very kind and reassuring post Tammy. Peace to you too dear sister.

Your fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm 

Greetings, dear, dear Loz... peace to you, and thank you for sharing your situation.

You know... neither JAH nor Christ speak "idle" words. ALL that they say is truth and all that they say to US has at least SOME benefit... FOR us. We may believe that the benefits are of a... ummmmm... "religious"... nature. You know, the whole "How to Get Into Heaven/Live Forever On Earth" take. But I have learned that... almost as much as with our spirit(ual) lives... their exhortations also serve to preserve our physical lives. That certainly was the case with fleshly Israel, yes? Why not us?

When our dear Lord... who went around healing and resurrecting physical bodies and didn't even have a place to lay HIS head... said to those who belong to him (and doing so before he poured out HIS blood/holy spirit upon them)... "Do not be anxious over ANYTHING"... which he said JUST after saying to NOT worry "about what you are to eat and what you are to put on"... it is NOT because he was solely concerned with such ones' faith. Rather, he also knew the effects anxiety can wrought on our PHYSICAL bodies.

We know now for a fact the effects of stress on our bodies. Stress... anxiety... undue nervousness... call it what you will... can lead to "panic" attacks... high blood pressure... high blood glucose... angina... stroke... heart attack. Cancer. Even... death. Hence, worrying could have detrimental effects, effects that could lead one right back to their pre-healed state, in some instances.

As our dear Lord said:

"Which of you, by being anxious, can add one cubit to his lifespan?"

None of us, of course. To the contrary, we whittle away "cubits".

We HAVE to listen, then - NOT simply to get into the kingdom... and not simply for the preservation of our spirit lives... but also for the preservation of our physical lives... our own flesh... to the extent we can preserve it. I mean, okay, perhaps we will die before the Master returns. There's no need to rush death, though, is there?

We have to listen. Proverbs 8:4-8 records our dear Lord as saying:

“To you, O men, I call,
and my cry is to the sons of men.
O simple ones, learn prudence;
O foolish men, pay attention.
Hear, for I will speak noble things,
and from my lips will come what is right;
for my mouth will utter truth;
wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
All the words of my mouth are righteous;
there is nothing twisted or crooked in them.
They are all straight to him who understands
and right to those who find knowledge.
Take my instruction instead of silver,
and knowledge rather than choice gold;
for wisdom is better than jewels,
and all that you may desire cannot compare with it."

So, okay, his words are truthful, upright, righteous, straight... with nothing crooked or twisted in them. Hear when he says this, then:

A heart at peace gives life to the body... (NIV)

A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body... (NLT)

A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh... (ESV)

A tranquil mind brings life to one's body... (ISV)

A tranquil spirit revives the body... (NET)

The life of the body is a heart at peace... (NHE)

May we ALL hear... and get the SENSE of this (miraculous!) truth!

Peace to you... and to your dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:07 pm 

I can't quote the specific words you say that have import Shelby, my IPad is playing up...but, in essence I hear and agree with you.

That's why I find it so reprehensible to find myself suffering this. I KNOW not to be anxious, "consider the birds and the lilies of the field"..."they don't reap, neither can they sow, still your Father feeds them"...I've urged others who worry too much to hear this, many times.

I KNOW that "keep on seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness and all these things will be added to you" I know it intellectually, and spiritually. I am not CONSCIOUSLY being anxious but finding myself suffering anxiety unreasonably and inexplicably. It's so exhausting, I can't tell you.

Now I sound like a fruit cake lol. I hope you all know that I'm not. But now I'm praying for more specific help which I believe will come. Actually I think I've suffered this anxiety since the age of 7, but have never recognised it. It's increased along with life's traumas. As does everyone's? I know this isn't about me. I feel determined to battle it. I don't want it to impede my faith or my relationships with Jah and Jaheshua.

Peace and thanks to you sister for your words

Your fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:59 pm 

No, no, you don't sound like a "fruitcake," at all, dear, dear Loz (again, peace to you!). My point is that one can make oneself physically ill (as you've implied is your case)... and our dear Lord does not want THAT... and so that's why he cautioned us against anxiety: because of the effect it can have on your physical life.

This life is short enough and so he was trying to teach us that we can effect its quality... and length... by being anxious. And then he showed me the verses in Proverbs and those stood as a literal second witness: a calm/tranquil heart/spirit/mind... gives life. Revives us.

So, please forgive if my words didn't communicate that, but that was my point.

Take care, may JAH continue to bless... and peace, as our dear Lord himself gives it... to you!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127 ... 135  Next