xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: DAILY HELLOS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:11 pm 

The weather finally warmed up today, the snow and ice we got last week is melting though its not gone completely. I have never seen so much snow at this time of the year before but I think spring is finally here for us.
My John bought us a Golf cart 6 weeks ago and I think we might be able to finally use it tomorrow as the sun is going to shine and the temperature might be almost 60 degrees F. LOL

Here is our new used golf cart. Can't wait to use it with my Honey.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:43 pm 

Coolness dear Zoe,

I loved driving one when I worked at a golf resort. I'd drive it all the time in summer if there wasn't so many crazy drivers in the Bay Area and of course if it was legal LOL!

Have fun with John. Give him our love,

Kim

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:35 pm 

We live on a dead end road with hardly any traffic in the boonies so it’s not a problem here to drive one. Plus most of our neighbours have one too. Can’t wait to see what’s going on in my neighbourhood finally since I can’t walk around it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:52 pm 

What’s the weight limit on one of those golf carts?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:57 pm 

It holds 800 pounds, and it has enough room for 4 adults. The back seat folds down and then it becomes a cargo hold if wanted.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:37 am 

Good Morning everyone.

Spring has finally arrived here, all the snow and ice from a week ago is gone due to the hot sun we have had for 4 days. It has been hot for us anyway LOL 60 degrees. We still don't have flowers or leaves or green grass yet but its coming soon - next month. I never got out on the golf cart yet though, John and I were in too much pain to enjoy a ride around by the time it warmed up on the weekend. I hope soon.

Love and peace to you all

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:55 am 

Hi Zoe, peace to you sister. I'm sorry to hear you're hurting due to your family's troubles. As mothers the worry never ends eh?

Our spring is still cold & wet although we did get some sun last weekend. We are looking forward to enjoying some Californian sunshine soon!

Loz x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:03 pm 

Peace to you Zoe, and to you Loz, and to you all,

I am comforted by this truth, when it comes to my loved ones injuries and ailments (be those mental or physical or emotional):

"And the leaves of the Tree are for the healing of the nations."

The entire verse:

Then the angel showed me a river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb, down the middle of the main street of the city. On either side of the river stood the Tree of Life, producing twelve kinds of fruit and yielding a fresh crop for each month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. Rev 22:1, 2

Some turn to Christ now and are healed. Some might not want or be able to do that just yet. So in the meantime, we continue to love them, and serve them in Christ as we are able and as He directs us. Sometimes that direction might just be to simply love them.

Peace to you and to your loved ones,
your servant and sister, and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:25 pm 

Hi Loz and Tammy Peace and love to you both.

Loz I envy you getting to go to California and bask in the sunshine and friendships. I wanted to go and meet up with you all but my health and John's health especially is really bad right now. I don't think it would be safe to travel right now. He keeps having chest pains and terrible pain in his knees but he won't go to the doctor.

Tammy thank you for the comforting bible verse. We all sure do need healing waters and leaves as we go through life. I am happy to know now that I can pray for strength and forgiveness and be comforted to know that some things will be made better for us if we trust in our Lord.

May you all have a wonderful day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:37 am 

Good morning and peace to you ALL,

Just wanted to say hello, send my love and wish for peace to you and all your households. Hope everyone is well.

Love your sister fellow servant and slave of our Lord JAHeshua MischaJAH,
kim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:38 am 

Good Morning everyone. I am thinking of you all a lot and have missed hearing from you here. Seems there isn't too much posting or new subjects to talk about. I know, it's summer and everyone is outside enjoying the weather, or at least here we are.

I am so grateful to be at home and that the weather here has been so great since I got out of the hospital. I have been home from the hospital for 3 weeks now. I am slowly getting back to my "normal" though my walking is still a challenge. I cooked a meal from scratch yesterday much to John's delight as he hates cooking. I made a beef stroganoff which he gobbled down as its his favourite meal and I haven't been able to cook since the beginning of May. Anyway even though my life is challenged everyday I am a lot better and hope I never have to see a hospital again.

Loz, I hope you are feeling better and that you and your hubby are safe back in the UK. it sounds like you had a wonderful time in California despite the 2 day stay in hospital.

Love and peace from Zoe in Ontario Canada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 am 

Good Morning dear Zoe,

Glad to hear you are returning to " normal." And YES the weather can make a huge difference in helping with this as it does me.

Thank you for checking in. All is well here. And I too hope dear Loz and Ray are doing well.

Enjoy your week,

Love your sister servant and slave of Christ,
kim

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:03 pm 

Greetings and peace to you, dear, dear Zoe... and SO glad to hear you're on the mend, praise JAH!

Quote:
Seems there isn't too much posting or new subjects to talk about.

I have commented on that here, dear sister, as I felt I needed to:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3366

Again, peace to you and to your dear household!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:41 am 

Oh dear and thank you dear Shelby for the new thread and explanation. I do understand.

I guess I meant it would be nice to encourage each other here on the board and re discuss things sometimes. At least for those of us who have no friends or family in real life to do it with in person. I know we can talk about these things with our Lord but its nice to hear from Humans too who love him.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:02 pm 

I hear you, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!). I didn't mean discussing things with our dear Lord... although that is absolutely possible and the first thing I would so... but things as to, about, and from our dear Lord. Sort of in line with the original purpose of this "city." I mean, given the true reason for the forum ("xjwsforChrist" and not "xjwsforbemoaningtheWTBTS, etc."), I think that if we put things of the spirit first, and pursue those, including discussing things of the spirit (which could include exposing false teachings of the WTBTS, yes, as such is revealed to us by Christ)... then the other would flow automatically.

On the other hand, if we shut ourselves off to... or even decrease in our... discussion of the things... or, more importantly, PERSON... that was the purpose for this city being constructed in the first place... some many... many... years ago... and instead make things more about ourselves/our lives... vs. about him.... then we should not be surprised if we are left to ourselves and things about ourselves, and so have less and less "new" things to "talk about", even have such dwindle, yes?

That's all I meant, luv. I do hope you are mending, absolutely, and I understand your... solitude... and how it may wear on you. I have learned (and will say, even at the risk of eye rolls) that I am never alone. Ever. There is no silence in the spirit realm (except maybe that one time). There is SO much to hear... even more than we have been given thus far. Thing is... do we (still) WANT it?

Again, I hope things are improving for you.

The greatest of love and peace to you, to dear John, and to your dear, dear household!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next