xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: DAILY HELLOS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:06 pm 

Hi Zoe, I realise you can't get out easily. I think I'd offer John the opportunity to leave the room while you partake, or stay? Then he can do whatever he feels is comfortable, yes? After sundown on the 31st starts the day yes.

I have thought about Skype myself but I don't like it, I've no idea why lol. Whatever, don't stress Zoe, just enjoy the privilege. That's my advice anyway...

Peace

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:22 pm 

Morning dear Zoe and peace to you,

March 31st supposedly is the most important day of the year for Jehovah's witnesses. Funny thing as it appears to be so important to need the benefit of Christ's sacrifice for forgiveness of sins, to live forever in paradise, to hope for a resurrection....yet deny his own words to partake of Him in John 6:48-59.

Hubby and I usually attend the hall we were disfellowshipped from. Hubby partook for many years prior to leaving so for them it should not seem such a surprise.

We do go and enter in among them ( Ezekiel 3) but our partaking is not WITH them, it is for any who may be asking and/ or can actually see that there are those that do what he told us to do. It is FOR them.

We partake daily at home as well as our Lord is "the true daily bread/manna" that we pray for in Matthew 6:11. So for me personally march 31st is just another day.

And as John 6:56 tells us " He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood REMAINS IN UNION with me"...

I need him every minute of every single day!

Whether or not anyone or family agrees or partakes is not my worry. Doing what our Lord tells me is the important thing.

Peace and love to you,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 pm 

Thanks Kim for your input, I am surprised to know that March 31st is no more special than any other day for you. I am happy to learn something else new to me today.
I do know that the Jehovah's Witnesses think its the most special day of the year and one of the only things they celebrate even though no one gets to partake in most cases.

I did not know that your hubby was partaking when he was a Witness, but would make it more natural for you to go and visit and partake for the sake of others who might benefit from your example.

I am learning something new about Christ everyday and trying to keep my mind focused on Christ and his Kingdom. Thanks for sharing Loz and Kim.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:20 pm 

Oh and I never knew this before, I thought Matthew 6:11 meant when we pray 'give us our daily bread' that it was actual bread, I never knew it was spiritual bread. As I said something new all the time.

Quote:
our Lord is "the true daily bread/manna" that we pray for in Matthew 6:11.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:45 pm 

Zoe wrote:
Oh and I never knew this before, I thought Matthew 6:11 meant when we pray 'give us our daily bread' that it was actual bread, I never knew it was spiritual bread. As I said something new all the time.

Quote:
our Lord is "the true daily bread/manna" that we pray for in Matthew 6:11.

Me neither dear Zoe until I think Shel shared this I think, peace to you.

But of course it makes perfect sense that it would have a spiritual meaning as well as a physical one.

Zoe, to clarify March 31st is the day the Watchtower chose to celebrate this occasion. And we can Partake/ celebrate any day or night it doesnt need to be March 31st or whatever day next year it will fall on LOL.

Love, your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 pm 

Greetings, dear Zoe, Loz, and 'Mom... and peace to you dear sisters!

I am in agreement with all that both dear Loz and dear 'Mom have shared, particularly that March 31st is a special day for JWs only (for Jews, it's another day or days; for "christians," it's another day or days, etc.). For me, EVERY day is a "holy" day... or special day... to JAH and Christ, because EVERY day is a "sabbath" (as our dear Lord is Lord of the Father's Sabbath, which is every day that JAH is "resting" from His creative works).

Also, it's only after sundown... because that's the tradition of the Jews (first) and JWs, in commemoration of the original Passover (Jews) and the one participated in by our dear Lord (JWs). But remember, it's traditions that Christ had a problem with... and Israel's "solemn assemblies" that the Father had a problem with.

My point? We shouldn't put anyone back under Law at to this. There is no set time or place, etc., to be honest. It's not like, say, with Muslims, where a horn sounds, etc., and all should face east, fall to their knees, and press their heads to the ground.

Rather, we do it according to the JW "way" simply because we are in their "house" when we do it (this way). Otherwise, it's... well, as dear Loz and Kimmie, shared, a daily thing they do. We do. I do. And I do it in the morning, before I have breakfast. Because I (personally, so this ONLY applies to ME) feel... I dunno... unappreciative?... if I feed my FLESH... before I "feed" my SPIRIT. I need to break my "fast" (breakfast) on TRUE food FIRST. I don't know if that makes sense but, again, that's ME - each one must do as s/he feels led. I digress.

For ancient Israelites, the new "day" began at sundown, and so for the WTBTS Nisan 14 starts at sundown (although, they really are doing it on the wrong day - I will explain in a bit) which is why they hold their event at that time. So as to do "just so." But as dear 'Mom pointed out... they negate the very reason FOR the even. I mean, even if they have the time correct, down to the exact second... they don't allow all to actually PARTAKE and so PARTICIPATE... so what is the POINT? There are entire KHs where NO ONE partakes - no has for years... or even EVER (imagine - KHs where NO ONE has EVER partaken!!). Now, imagine JAH and Christ watching... and seeing millions of people gathered together... in a (very) solemn assembly... only to do the exact opposite of what they were supposed to be gathering FOR... what the whole thing is SUPPOSED to be ABOUT. And WHOM for and about! Talk about "strain(ing) out the gnat while gulp(ing) down the camel!"

Anyway, I share all of this, dear Zoe, to say... DO NOT BE ANXIOUS. Over ANYTHING. Including THIS. How would you feel/handle it if you saw someone claiming to love you, gathering with others at a particular place at a particular time... only to PASSOVER you, your "offering" to them, which could save their lives... AND someone who's, say, at home, it's 7am in the morning, they have no wine but only water and no bread but only, say, an apple... yet, they view the water as your BLOOD and have NO doubt that blood can cleanse them... and the apple as your FLESH... and have NO doubt your flesh can cure them, even of death... and so they give THANKS to you... and eat and drink? Which would you have a problem with?

(Sorry, luvs, not meaning to "yell" - LONG week, LOTS of work... and just trying to get this out without having to use html language - please forgive).

Anyway... JAH and Christ are NOT exacting like that - it is MAN who is. Please... PLEASE... remember that. PERFECT LOVE... casts ALL FEAR... OUTSIDE. If you are still walking in fear... you are not walking in LOVE.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to ALL of you dear ones!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:56 pm 

OH WOW!! Thank you Ladies I am so appreciative to hear what you said about this. I never knew that it isn't really a special day, every day should be special remembering our Lord and that the important thing is to eat and drink in memory of him everyday no matter what time. It is totally clear as crystal to me now.

Thank you so much I can't believe I didn't see this before. I am so glad I asked.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:24 pm 

I am tired now, the end of the day but before I go from here tonight I just want to say, I am blown away, this is totally NEW INFO for me and a whole new way of seeing things. It may seem a small thing but for me it is HUGE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:49 pm 

Peace to you Zoe, and to you all!

Shelby, Kim, and Loz covered it all already! I also partake in private at home, except on the jw memorial day, when I go there to partake and to proclaim our Lord before men. Perhaps someone else there might one day be able to receive that witness, perhaps even question the wts teaching and take it to our Lord. Or perhaps that witness might give courage to someone else who wants to say yes to the body and blood that Christ is offering.

But first I go for my Lord. And the first time I went to a memorial, I did what that men from the wts teach. I passed over the bread and wine. Now I WANT to go so that I can do what I should have done from the start: say YES to Christ, out of love and gratitude; eat and drink of His body and His blood, as He has said to do. Because He gave us His flesh and His blood to eat and to drink so that we may have life in us, so that we may remain in Him and Him in us. And all He is saying to us is EAT... DRINK... keep doing this in remembrance of me.

And I am grateful for this thread, and for the reminder that Shelby gave that this is just as important on any other day, at home, in private or with others. Of course it is! His body and His blood are just as sacred, just as precious, just as important on one day to another day.

Praise JAH! For this and for His love, for His mercy, for His wisdom, for giving us His dear Son Jaheshua, who gave HIS life, his body and his blood, for us.

May you all have peace, as our Lord Jaheshua gives peace,
your servant and sister, and fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:14 pm 

SO feel like I want to say "Amen!" to dear sister Tam's words (and zeal - LOL!).

Peace to you, dear, dear sis... and may JAH and Christ bless you and your dear household!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 am 

Thank you Tec for sharing about partaking and I agree totally with what you said as quoted below:

Quote:
And I am grateful for this thread, and for the reminder that Shelby gave that this is just as important on any other day, at home, in private or with others. Of course it is! His body and His blood are just as sacred, just as precious, just as important on one day to another day.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:08 pm 

Quote:
for Jews, it's another day or day

It's not often a fellow can catch you fine ladies in a slip-up...

"Father, why is tonight different from all other nights?" This year, the Passover seders are the evenings of March 30 and 31 https://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/871715/jewish/Passover-Pesach-2018.htm. So these days are indeed special to the Jews.

This is a rare year when almost everybody agrees (the Orthodox churches, who follow the Julian calendar, observe Easter a week later). Feliz Pascha, amigas!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:55 pm 

Not sure you caught a slip-up, dear GL (peace to you and SO GOOD to "see" you!). When I posted that to Jews it's another day... "or days"... I meant exactly what you posted as to this year. The WTBTS has Nisan 14 (and so the start of the Passover) on March 31st... but everyone else has the 30th (and, as you point out, some also have the 31st).

The WTBTS prides itself on "knowing" as to the right date, but the reason for their ever-erroneous "Memorial" dates is to support their 1914 teaching. Same as why they have my Lord born in 2 BCE (itvwas 4 BCE) and dying in the flesh in 33 CE (vs. 30 CE, which is accurate).

Praise JAH (and Christ) we've been taught that EVERY day is a day to NOT "passover" the flesh and blood of the Lamb, Christ. Imagine if we only observed this meal once per year... AND ON THE WRONG DAY - LOLOLOL!

Anyway, thanks for sharing and, again, it's good to "see" you.

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:56 am 

I have to second Shelby's "Good to see you!", GL! Lifted my spirit to 'hear' from you again!

Peace to you and to your household, and to you all,
your servant and sister and a fellow slave of Christ,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:59 am 

I just found a thread from 2014 that Tec started, it is fitting about our recent discussion about partaking daily and how the WTBTS has taken that wonderful life saving gift and right away from us. As well there is a reference to the Second Beast which subject I am searching for.

It totally HIT me in the gut when I read these two comments, It is a WONDERFUL Privelege to be able to partake daily of the bread and wine so that we can be fed daily and draw closer to our Lord Christ in remembering the love he gives us and the huge sacrifice he did for us. Hard to explain as I am sure most of you here have seen this for years but I didn't realize how hugely important it is. I am so thankful to Jah and Christ for new understanding and manna again.

Here are a couple of posts that I think are good to repost today:

Quote:
Post subject: What is the daily sacrifice?
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:20 pm

May you all have peace!

This is a question that I asked yesterday, as I was reading Daniel, and his visions and their meanings, and comparing them with the Revelation given to John. But every time I read... "daily sacrifice" that is to be abolished... I heard from our Lord... "daily bread". The first time this happened... I shook it off, wondered why I was 'hearing' daily bread when the text says daily sacrifice. But this happened each time I read that phrase.

I know what daily bread is... the daily bread that we ask our Father to give us... the body and blood of Christ, as HE is the true manna that came from Heaven. My Lord has been telling me this for some time. But I did not know why I was hearing this... daily sacrifice -> daily bread.

Then the Spirit explained to me that the daily sacrifice is not the sacrifices that man made to God, as I had previously always assumed. But rather, the daily sacrifice is what CHRIST sacrifice. His body and His blood... that he poured out for us, that we partake OF daily. HIS sacrifice, that we partake of daily, proclaiming his death (his sacrifice) each time we 'eat his flesh and drink his blood', that he poured out for us.

And who is it that says NOT to eat or drink the flesh and blood of our Lord?

The WTS.

The WTS is the one who abolishes the daily sacrifice, as written about in Daniel (from chapter 11 and onward, specifically 11:31 and 12:11), and as our Lord refers to in Matthew 24:15.

This I heard from the Spirit yesterday. It did not come from me (I tried years and years ago to figure this out, and could not, and so gave it up). My Lord, and your Lord, Jaheshua, the Holy One of Israel and Chosen one of Jah, showed me this.

Just thinking about it, I feel breathless... and also energized... and so very very grateful to Jah and to His Son, to be able to partake of our Lord and His sacrifice (which seems even more important and meaningful to me me now if that is possible), to have had experience with the wts, so as to be able to recognize her for who and what she IS, and what that means.

Praise Jah and His Christ for allowing me to see and hear, and share with you as the Spirit has given to me.

May all who thirst and all who wish hear the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU: "Come!... and take the free gift of the water of life!"

Peace and love to you, as my Lord gives these things, and to your households,
Your servant, and sister, and (unworthy) slave of Christ,
tammy

Quote:
AGuest
Post subject: Re: What is the daily sacrifice?
Posted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:20 pm

I am OVERJOYED, dear, dear tec (peace to you, luv, and THANK you for sharing this!), that you received this. NOT from man, including me... but from our dear Lord - PRAISE JAH! This is yet another reason why we can "see" the WTBTS as the CURRENT "disgusting thing standing in a holy place." EACH "woman/harlot/daughter" of Babylon the Great is part of that "disgusting thing," the Great Harlot, herself... who says "I sit a queen"... meaning, she is wed to a king, THE king... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah). She is NOT, however, because she has been DIVORCED... due to her ADULTERY. The TRUE "queen"... is the Bride of Christ, the "city" of the NEW Jerusalem... NOT the "city" of Babylon [the Great].

That harlot's (the "Society") fomenting of the cessation of observing the DAILY sacrifice... or ending of the "constant feature," is among her greatest crimes because by means of it... of teaching people that they do NOT need to partake of that sacrifice... feed on the Lamb and drink HIS blood... she is "shutting up the kingdom of the heavens before men."

Christ is the "daily" sacrifice not only in that he is the "daily bread"... the "bread from heaven" and TRUE "manna" that we eat of DAILY in order for our SPIRITS to live... EVEN though our flesh dies... and in spite of the Judgment (Exodus 16:4, 5, 35; Psalm 78:24, 25; John 6:51, 53-58; Romans 8:1).

He is that "sacrifice" because we can PARTAKE of that sacrifice DAILY, as Israel ate the manna and drank from the rock-mass... DAILY... while they were in the wilderness, but even more... his sacrifice is LITERALLY daily: it is an offering that is as good today, as it was yesterday, and will as good TOMORROW... and every day AFTER... as it is TODAY.

Because EVERY day that we PARTAKE of it... WE PROCLAIM HIS DEATH... and thus HIS SACRIFICE... AGAIN:

"For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes." [b]1 Corinthians 11:26

Again, I am SO glad you received this truth! Makes some things a bit clearer, does it not? As you said, you couldn't quite figure out why some of us viewed the WTBTS as the disgusting thing... or the wild beast with two horns that look like lamb... or some of the other fulfillments... versus any other religions (of christendom)... or why this one is the worse, thus far (besides calling itself the "truth", etc.). It is not the ONLY one, of course, that fulfills these antitypes, but is the CURRENT one, the one of OUR "day". Each day has theirs... and the next come OUT of them; they are simply the next "offspring."

Sadly, I am not so sure this is the VERY last "child." I HOPE it is - mankind surely does not need yet another - as I'm sure many others hope, as well. However, the calls for and efforts to "reform" her from several sources make me wonder: how many will THAT harlot give birth to? She already has a few "kids" out there, although none are very formidable. Yet. But, who knows?

Ah, well... I have no doubt that our heavenly Father, the MOST HOLY One of Israel, JAH of Armies, has it ALL under control. He knows who, what, where... and when!

Peace to you, and again, THANK you for sharing this with us!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135  Next