xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: DAILY HELLOS
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 pm 

Zoe wrote:
Oh it does my heart and spirit good to hear from you ladies and to hear all is well. Thanks for posting. It is so hard to find friends that you can trust especially when it comes to spiritual things. I really never appreciated you all here as much as I should have until lately. Now its so quiet so I thought I would just say Hi and tell you all I love you.

Love you too dear Zoe,

And you are correct you cannot trust anyone. None of us can and we are told "not to put our trust in earthling man to whom no salvation belongs." Psalms 146:3

There is ONE though who we can trust and will never lie to us, who is always here for us ready and willing to hear.

Thanks for saying hello and for your love,
Your sister servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:57 pm 

Glad to hear everyone is doing well (peace to you all!), and glad we can still provide one another some comfort.

Quote:
you cannot trust anyone. None of us can and we are told "not to put our trust in earthling man to whom no salvation belongs." Psalms 146:3

This is so true, Kimmie (peace to you, dear sister), when it comes to spiritual things - who knows but who will fall and who will stand except his/her own master? But we must remain in this world, which is why our dear Lord admonished us as to love for one another. For that reason, I always marveled when the following was read when I was a JW:

"A true friend shows love at all times
And is a brother who is born for times of distress."
Proverbs 17:17

And...

"There are companions ready to crush one another,
But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
Proverbs 18:24

Because I never really felt as if I had a true friend while among them, let alone a brother sticking close (until Vanessa, toward the end! MUAH and peace to you, if you're reading this, luv!). Rather, I often felt like I was indeed among companions ready to "crush" me (and others, if it served them). And I cannot tell you how many "times of distress" I endured alone. Well, you know. Yet, I was never really alone - JAH and Christ were always with me and I knew that, although I didn't know them (or the truth about them), "who" it was that was "with" me. But I knew I was not alone.

In that light, dear, dear Zoe, I encourage you... exhort you... ADMONISH you... to consider that you, too, are never alone. Not ever... unless you want to be (left) alone. And at times, some do ("I am so TIRED of the manna! I want MEAT to eat! I am so TIRED of all of this walking! I want to stop and rest! I am so TIRED of all of this discipline! I don't CARE anymore!"). And it can be easy to "go there," given the world we live in.

They are there, though, luv, right with you. Every second of every day... except when they allow the "hedge" around you to be removed. But that is only so that YOU can prove for YOU, as to YOU... that our Adversary is indeed a liar. Job 1:9-12; 2:4-5 Otherwise, you only need reach out and grasp for him, and for the Father, as well. Acts 17:27

If we are too dependent on other humans, though, it will be very hard to endure when we find ourselves IN distress... and find "no one there." Which can happen. Not that humans will literally abandon you (but they can and some will)... or turn their backs on you (which they can and some will). Not saying that, at all. Just saying sometimes our own life choices... or maybe just circumstances... and definitely the "machinations" of the Adversary to isolate us so as to "tempt" us can find us "alone". Even if we have other people right there.

Or maybe not - maybe we truly are (physically) alone. That is why it is SO important to listen to and follow Christ - because humans... are human. And because it can be really... really... really... "dark" out there. We have a Light, luv (John 1:3-5; 8:12). All we need do is turn it on.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you ALL... and to your dear, dear households!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:42 pm 

I am so happy to hear from you all today. I appreciate it so wanted to acknowledge I heard what you all said. I am so tired tonight and watching TV with my Honey right now so will comment tomorrow as I definitely am having some problems sorting this out yet.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:01 am 

Hi and Good Morning everyone. Happy Saturday. It is cold here again today, 20 degrees Fahrenheit but at least it is sunny. Spring doesn't like to come to early up here in Southern Ontario Canada.

We discovered that our Hot Water tank was leaking a lot of water yesterday and rusted out so we are having it replaced this morning. I had to get up early before 8 AM (poor me LOL) so that I could get myself washed before the hot water was all gone and the water turned off.

I re-read what was said here yesterday and it seemed more upbeat than what I took from it yesterday when I was so tired. I see and know we just have to make sure to rely on Christ because there will be times when we won't have a reliable or trustworthy human there for us. I just wish I could tune in more and sort out what I am hearing. Some days I just do not hear anything and so I go looking for ways to stimulate my hearing. I think it is very complicated at times.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 am 

Quote:
Some days I just do not hear anything and so I go looking for ways to stimulate my hearing.

I can understand how a "thirst" for "knowledge" might lead one to do that, dear Zoe (peace to you, dear sister!), but that can also be quite dangerous... and maybe even disrespectful. For one, the Adversary ALSO speaks, does he not? Which is one reason why we have religion and churches, etc.: people want to know what "God" has to "say." Since they don't hear themselves (but only because they haven't asked for ears so as TO hear... or don't listen if they do have them... they look to man to "speak" FOR the MOST Holy. But the Holy, our dear Lord JAHESHUA, can do that, yes?

Also, what about King Saul? Growing anxious because he did not hear anything from JAH... he blatantly disobeyed and consulted a medium to speak with Samuel... who was dead. Had he waited, JAH Himself would have spoken and guided him but he didn't wait, couldn't wait. As a result, disaster came upon him and his entire household AND he lost the kingdom for his line. It went to David's line. All because he "needed" to hear something SO badly and couldn't "wait on JAH."

And what about the Israelites in the wilderness who began to complain every time they THOUGHT JAH had left them, though He NEVER did? I am reminded of a time close to 20 years ago when, after weeks of hearing and being "fed," dear Kim (peacs to you, luvee!) and I became almost panicked because the torrent abruptly ceased. We thought what had we done? Had we done something? Something wrong? We're we being punished maybe? What we received was that we were to STOP being "like Israel of old" and its companions... who constantly complained about having only manna to eat but became anxious each 7th day when no manna appeared although they had been enough on cover on the 6th day AND KNEW there would come more the NEXT day... and "stop 'murmuring.'" Instead, we were to feed on the "manna" already given us, as it had been a plot and we needed to FULLY digest THAT before being fed again.

As you can guess, we were overjoyed and so went back over ALL we knew. And I can tell you, it was like we were being fed all over again, even 5 times more, a veritable feast, because we had missed/had NOT fully grasped everything the first time around. We were REfortified and both ourselves AND our faith made even stronger.

And we were chagrined at ourselves for not having trusted that our dear Father JAH and dear Lord JAHESHUA would not withhold anything we NEEDED from us, but absolutely feed us and never let us even feel a hunger pang, let alone go hungry... let alone starve... when it came to spiritual food any more than they would as to physical food. I myself was very embarrassed and felt like I had utterly disrespected them both. Not a feeling I would want you or anyone to experience if it can be avoided.

Quote:
I think it is very complicated at times.

It only is if WE make it so, dear sister. And we can do that starting by NOT listening as to what we've ALREADY been told and so worrying, being anxious, being concerned with ourselves and with "hearing something,"... rather than trusting that JAH and Christ "got this"... got US... and so there's no NEED to worry or be anxious about ANYTHING.

Because in the end that is what faith IS, isn't it - "the ASSURED expectation of the thing hoped for"? And in this case the "thing hoped for" is that one WILL hear... when the time is right for it... and one is NOT alone, indeed is NEVER alone.

Because all one need do is reach out, but do so in spirit and in and through the Truth, yes?

As always, peace to you and to your dear household!

Your servant, sister, and a slave of Christ,

Shel

P.S., I am not sure Quora is about our comfort or being able to have discussions. For me, it is a place to find others who are/may be wishing and thirsting and in reading the TRUTH about JAH, Christ, their servants, religion, the Adversary, etc., may ALSO grope for the first two... and find them, too. Even if no one does, though, it's one place for an "ambassador" to set the record straight about her own "world" and its rulers and their law, perhaps even clearing their names with some. 2 Samuel 22:26 I think it's also an interesting place to learn about people and the plethora of things they are concerned with. But I totally get that it's not for everyone, but it is definitely part of the "flying scroll."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:58 am 

OH MY GOODNESS at what you just said Shelby - there is the answer as plain as the nose on my face. I surely don't want to be disrespectful or like Saul or the Israelites and their complaining but here I am doing that and being so impatient and whining. I didn't see it that way until today. What perfect examples you just posted and I really appreciate that you posted about an example of you and Kim having felt the same way at one point. Thank you so MUCH!!

I have so much to digest that is new, it all (spiritual stuff) is fairly new to me and I need to work on a lot of stuff to improve myself so I should be able to keep busy and stop feeling anxious and impatient and lonely.

Thank you for sharing Dear Shelby and everyone for listening.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:18 am 

What we received was that we were to STOP being "like Israel of old" and its companions... who constantly complained about having only manna to eat but became anxious each 7th day when no manna appeared although they had been enough on cover on the 6th day AND KNEW there would come more the NEXT day... and "stop 'murmuring.'" Instead, we were to feed on the "manna" already given us, as it had been a plot and we needed to FULLY digest THAT before being fed again.

Greetings and peace to you all today,

YES, I too felt terrible that I doubted that our Lord would "give us our food at the proper time."

Of course He would. He always does!

But we must digest the manna fully OR we don't benefit or assimilate in us the life that it contains for us. It is like physical food.

It is as you say Shel and peace to you, a form of disrespect for our Lord and Father in that we do not trust the promise they made to us that " We would neither hunger NOR thirst anymore."

ISAIAH 49:8-10

This is what the LORD says: “In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you; I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land and to reassign its desolate inheritances,

to say to the captives, ‘Come out,’ and to those in darkness, ‘Be free!’ “They will feed beside the roads and find pasture on every barren hill.

They will neither hunger nor thirst, nor will the desert heat or the sun beat down on them. He who has compassion on them will guide them and lead them beside springs of water.

JOHN 6:35

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

And again as mentioned so many times here on this board. THIS IS NOT ABOUT US!

Every day is about Him!

He is The Good News!

He is The Way, The Truth and The Life! He IS the true water source we are told to drink from. He is the true bread from heaven we are told to eat from.

And It is FREE! And if we are wishing we can partake of it anytime!

Love your sister fellow servant and slave of Christ,
Kim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 am 

Yes Kim and thank you again so much for reminding us what is the most important thing. It makes it less complicated if we just focus on Our Lord Christ and not about us/me.

Quote:
And again as mentioned so many times here on this board. THIS IS NOT ABOUT US!

Every day is about Him!

He is The Good News!

He is The Way, The Truth and The Life! He IS the true water source we are told to drink from. He is the true bread from heaven we are told to eat from.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:56 pm 

Quote:
as it had been a plot and we needed to FULLY digest THAT...

Lordy, I meant to say "it had been a LOT..."

Doggone spellcheck strikes again.

Peace, chikkens... and happy "munching!"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:07 am 

LOL :D Shelby about the Typo or auto-correct from Lot to Plot, I assumed (I am sure we all did) it was a mistake but it sure did change the meaning of the sentence LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:02 pm 

Hello dear sisters and peace to you all!

Funnily enough I was looking for this DAILY HELLOS thread a couple of days ago to post an update but couldn't find it/remember where it was listed! Weird. Today it's popped up as an active topic. So all good.

We thought our spring had finally arrived and are back at our static home at the coast only to get a big snowfall yesterday and frozen water pipes, lol. I'm just hoping it's the final bit of our winter.

I've enjoyed reading the recent posts and especially being reminded of our Lord's promise that we won't hunger or thirst for spiritual food, thank you dear Kim. I know in the past I've worried when I'm not hearing much, and been impatient or worried I've done something wrong. Yes, FAITH, dear Shelby is the answer. Faith that the master will not leave us. He keeps His word. Always.

I keep praying for more faith, I'm guessing I'll always need to, knowing me.

Your servant, sister and fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:35 pm 

Hi Loz
I have been seeing that you are getting bad weather in England, "the beast from the east" strikes again. Not fun when spring takes its time after so many months of winter. I hope your weather warms up soon as I do hope ours does here too.

It really helps to know that you and others here have experienced the same things like wondering if you had done something wrong and worried or had been impatient about hearing and receiving. Thank you for sharing that with us it really helps as it helps what Kim and Shelby shared. It really was simple things said and explained but it opened up a new way of thinking for me and I am truly grateful and amazed that I didn't see it before.

Peace and Love to you all.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:33 am 

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Friday.

I can hardly believe that next weekend is going to be The Lords evening Meal, Memorial of Our Lord's Death and ransom sacrifice. Saturday March 31st, it seems that it is early this year. I have never partaken on that day before ever but I intend to do it this year even if I do it alone. I will be home and my partner John will be here with me but he has never done that before and probably won't get it but I intend to do it anyway even if he doesn't want to partake.

Do any of you partake on that day in front of your husband or family even if they don't agree with it? I am sure my guy will be okay with it but I just wondered what other's experience is with it.

Do you have any plan's for the Memorial, are you going out or staying home. Would love to hear about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:19 pm 

Hello Zoe, peace to you sister, yes it is March 31st this year.

Sometimes I have gone to a KH to encourage those there who may be feeling they should partake, but sometimes I have partaken at home privately. I did both before I understood that it should be a 'daily' commemoration, and since. My husband respects that I partake daily, since he's an atheist I don't ask him to join in or witness it, I just do it privately. You must do what feels right for you and our Lord I think Zoe. It's such a special privilege for us that we can 'meet & share' with our Lord like this to gain strength and life from Him. Praise Jah!

It was wonderful in Rome to partake with other brothers and sisters which was a first for me! I will be thinking of all of you when I partake on the 31st March this year so that we will be together if only in spirit, wherever I am.

Your servant, sister & fellow slave of Christ

Loz x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:56 pm 

Hi Loz and thank you for your input and experience with partaking.

I do partake right now by myself privately but it was my understanding that on the actual day of Christ's death we would do it after sundown, is that right? If so then my husband would be here beside me so I would need to do it with him here. I really don't know how he feels about it so I thought this would be an opportunity to bring it up and see if he wants to do it with me. We will see.
I can't go to the KH, I don't know anyone there and I can't drive and no way would John drive me there LOL as he HATES JW's. I was thinking about Skyping with someone but The time difference makes it difficult.

At least as you say we will all be together in spirit on that day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 135  Next