xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:52 am 

that you should BOIL the apples FIRST... so as to remove all of the WAX on the skin... so's the caramel/candy will stick (peace to you all!). By boil, maybe they meant "blanch/dip in boiling water"... but what they SAID was "boil the apples."

I LOVE caramel/candy apples (the soft red candy, not the hard, sugary red candy)... but haven't had one in over 15 years (when my kids were still in elementary school, I think - maybe one since!).

Anyway, I'd never heard that before. I'm thinking, wouldn't that COOK the apples??

Interesting.

Peace!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:25 am 

Interesting. You would think that the candy is hot enough when they dip the apple, that it would 'cook' the wax, itself, before sealing around the apple.

I would also assume that they mean just to dip the apple in boiling water though... because I've never had a cooked candy apple. (last one I had was a couple of years ago, I think, at Canada's Wonderland. I finished my youngest's, who had only one bite. it was dipped in blue candy, and my mouth - tongue and teeth and lips - was quite blue eating it) The sticky candy is hard on my teeth though now.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:40 am 

Ya, I think its only for a hot second to boil them cuz....

It makes sense to me that the wax needs takin off. Cuz I once tried to make Carmel apples and the Carmel kept sliding off before it could cool because the apples were too waxy.

They were still good, LOL!!!!

Love Justmom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:07 pm 

[Okay, everyone (except dear 'Mom - peace, luv!)... close yours eyes and turn away... cuz is only for dear 'Mom's eyes:]

Carmel... is a town in Southern Cali, luv. CARAMEL... is the butter/sugar candy that one coats apples with:

http://www.ask.com/question/difference- ... and-carmel
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 236AA8Dglh

Some folks maybe THINK the word is "carmel"... because some SAY "carmel" (i.e., "carmel apples"... or even "carmelized", as in onions. But that's not accurate, either: it really is "caramelized" onions.

But I DO love it when you (lovingly... and quietly - LOLOLOL!) try to "correct" my words - LOLOLOLOL!

But, think... mmmmm... "quarry," though, girl.

Or... maybe... "cygnet"? LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel (and, okay, you folks can look now, but please consider that this is an "inside" thing with me and dear 'Mom? K? Peace!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:21 pm 

Some of us make a two-syllable word out of that - it's much more efficient!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:24 pm 

Yes, I do understand, dear At (peace to you, luv!)... and I prolly say it myself, from time to time. As I stated, this was an "inside" thing for me and dear 'Mom (peace, luv!). I'm sure she got it - LOLOL!

Peace!

Shellamar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:27 pm 

AGuest wrote:
[Okay, everyone (except dear 'Mom - peace, luv!)... close yours eyes and turn away... cuz is only for dear 'Mom's eyes:]

Carmel... is a town in Southern Cali, luv. CARAMEL... is the butter/sugar candy that one coats apples with:

http://www.ask.com/question/difference- ... and-carmel
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 236AA8Dglh

Some folks maybe THINK the word is "carmel"... because some SAY "carmel" (i.e., "carmel apples"... or even "carmelized", as in onions. But that's not accurate, either: it really is "caramelized" onions.

But I DO love it when you (lovingly... and quietly - LOLOLOL!) try to "correct" my words - LOLOLOLOL!

But, think... mmmmm... "quarry," though, girl.

Or... maybe... "cygnet"? LOLOLOL!

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel (and, okay, you folks can look now, but please consider that this is an "inside" thing with me and dear 'Mom? K? Peace!)

Caramel it is then! Sorry, oops a typo! LOL!!!! ( not really) never even gave it a second look. Thanks for that!

Funny, this autocorrect is so great that you really don't even have to know how to spell very well.
It didn't catch this one, lol!! But I'm not so sure that it is actually good training for us. I'm loosing my spelling skills. And I don't like that /:)

Thanks again
Love ya,
Justmom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:45 pm 

Ah... off topic now, lol... think of all the kids who talk 'text' instead of English. Words change their spelling, sounds change, etc. Things like that are how our languages evolve.

Check... instead of cheque. That one is almost fully integrated now. Maybe it is me who is mistaking it though. Maybe it was a choice always... check or cheque. But 'check' from my understanding means 'check' your pockets. Or... gas, map, snacks for the drive? Check! (as in yes)

But write me a 'cheque'... is not spelled check.

When I saw cheque as check in the yellow pages in an ad for a lawyer... well, I just kept looking for a lawyer who could spell (or who at least cared enough to CHECK his advertising for errors, lol)

Off-topic over ; )

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:32 pm 

Spellcheck wouldn't have caught it, dear 'Mom (peace, sistah!)... 'cause "Carmel" is not a wrong spelling, per se (that IS how you spell the name of the city in Cali). However, it COULD be why it is capitalized: your spellcheck "thought" you MEANT the city (versus the candy)?

Apologies to all for my pedantic tendencies. I'm much better than I used to be. I think. I hope.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:39 pm 

AGuest wrote:
Spellcheck wouldn't have caught it, dear 'Mom (peace, sistah!)... 'cause "Carmel" is not a wrong spelling, per se (that IS how you spell the name of the city in Cali). However, it COULD be why it is capitalized: your spellcheck "thought" you MEANT the city (versus the candy)?

Apologies to all for my pedantic tendencies. I'm much better than I used to be. I think. I hope.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

Shellamar

No problem at all.

Even if some of the little things seem annoying, you keeping me in " check" LOL or " cheque" ( just kidding Tammy), is actually realllllly helping me in my teaching skills with folks in the world. I think they think I'm realllll smart and that I actually always " cross my T's and dot my I's.

They so don't know me very well. Ooh well, where would I be without Holy Spirit ???? ( still a JW trying to hide out tonight ) and not open any doors. Seems funny, they don't like random strangers coming to their doors. You'd think they'd understand the same!

Thanks for that,
Love ya Justmom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:27 pm 

Glad I AM helping, dear 'Mom (peace, luv!). It can be... interesting... on an Internet forum... when people who know each other a long time have an interchange that MIGHT appear one way to others. Thankfully, the two know what's going on - LOLOLOL!

And I DO realize that we live in times where words don't really matter as much as they used to (blows kiss at dear tec, who also knows how pendantic I can be... and why - LOL!)... and a change in one little syllable might not be a big deal. Although... it COULD be how we went from JaHVeH... to JeHoVaH. Just' sayin' - LOLOL!

Anyway, I do want to apologize AGAIN (in addition to the phone call, girl!). Also, I only posted the link and didn't see (or think it would post) ALL of the commentary. I actually HATE when it does that (it's a relatively new internet feature). So, sorry about THAT, too, my dear sister.

Peace to you!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar