xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Seen on Twitter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:08 am 

America was not shut down properly. Would you like to restart America in Safe Mode with free healthcare and no guns? (Recommended)

Post subject: Re: Seen on Twitter
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:28 pm 

Cute.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:37 pm 

Yeah, well, depending on who's "manning" the "keyboard"... that "safe" reboot COULD end up crashing the entire "hard disk," dear Char (peace)! LOLOLOL! "No guns" COULD translate into "Push the Red Button, Goober!", depending on whatever yahoo has access!

Funny, though!

Peace!

Shellamar, on her own...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:15 pm 

What is happening in USA is ridiculous. Doesn't the president have the power to take a decision? What about a referendum?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:12 pm 

Quote:
Doesn't the president have the power to take a decision?

Well, sorta, dear ANOMOS (mornin' and peace to you!). I mean, he changed our healthcare system and effected a new law. Of course, there were opposers (that it was a tax), and so the matter went all the way to the Supreme Court, who ratified it and so it's law. Yet, due to those in Congress who take issue to the LAW refusing to pass a budget, they have responded by effecting the shutdown.

Quote:
What about a referendum?

What about Congress shutting down the government? Until the PEOPLE... REALLY hold Congress to THEIR sworn task of GOVERNING... which they can do by either NOT voting for them AGAIN, RECALLING them... or developing some kind of an accountability system (i.e., where in politicians are held to task for the PROMISES they run on... such promises NOT being able to be changed once they're elected!)... then we get what we get.

As with religion, so with politics: the people are loving it. And so, they get what they love.

Peace!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shellamar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:51 pm 

From a British point of view, it does seem an extraordinary state of affairs, that a powerful group of people can be so reckless as to prevent the normal and essential running of government.

It seems like a gross misuse of their power. It seems like toddler stamping the foot and saying "I won't let you, so there" just because they can't have their own way, because not enough of the country agreed with their way of thinking and a President was elected whom they didn't want. Isn't that what a election is for? If one side loses an election, aren't they supposed to wait four years till the next election.

Apart from anything else, I think the rest of the world is rather worried that such a very powerful nation can have such instability at its heart.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:07 pm 

It IS... ALL that you say, dear Char (peace!)... and one reason why I hafta stay outta politics here. I can identify with the Democrats "social" vision, but just can't get past their history (AND what I often experience from some of them, which I don't, with many Republicans)... but I cannot bear the puerility of things like this, which Republican politicians OFTEN engage in.

Girl, we had one Republican politician actually break down and cry when he found that his own party had done nothing but use him to get rid of California Governor Gray Davis (Darrell Issa, who used his own fortune to lead the movement to recall Davis, because he THOUGHT the Republicans were gonna put HIM in office... and they put "Awnold" in, instead!):

Quote:
"It was not a citizen uprising that dumped Davis, a Democrat," wrote Skelton. The 2003 recall election was called because one ambitious Republican congressman, Darrell Issa of Vista, spent $1.7 million of his own money to collect the needed signatures. Issa wanted to run for governor himself. But he gave it up when Schwarzenegger leaped into the race." LA Times columnist George Skelton, December 2010

As a gesture of kindness to Issa -- as of December 2010 the incoming chairman of the House Oversight Committee -- Skelton did not mention what should have been the career-killing moment when Issa broke down sobbing in front of news cameras during his announcement that Schwarzenegger had bigfooted him out of the race he'd used his fortune to contrive."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VW0v7wwfkQ

Shameful games, often, American politics.

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellamar