xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:46 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Can I like my own book?

I wanted to take a second to introduce my new novel Happiness: How to Find It. (Any relationship to another book by the same name published by the Watchtower Society is purely coincidental.) 'Happiness' is a love story about a young pioneer sister named Rose who is searching for happiness. While there is a romantic element to the story, it is also about waking up to the kind of love that Jesus showed for others. In that respect it kind of tracks my own divergence from the Watchtower organization.

It is being released for free online, a chapter each week. The first two chapters are up and additional ones will follow every Thursday. You can read chapter one here. I'm really excited that Curiosity Quills Press took a chance on this sweet story and want to thank you in advance for checking it out.

Quote:
“The hard­est choice she ever had to make was between true religion and true love.”

Rose Gluck thought she had every­thing in life. Just out of high school, she spent her days working as a pioneer minister of her Jehovah’s Witness faith, going door-to-door teaching others about the Bible and the happifying future God had planned. She thought she knew what it meant to be happy, but things would change when Wyatt True shows up.

Drawn to the dashing young brother, Rose experiences feelings that she never knew existed. Meanwhile, despite his vow of singleness, Wyatt can’t but help to fall for the beautiful young sis­ter. But the Presiding Overseer of the congregation has his own plans for Rose. Will Rose find eternal happiness?

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

ike your own book, dear A (peace to you!). So long as it's free, I think it's cool. If there's a cost, you'll probably be asked not to post such things as we don't want to mix money (in any manner) with the forum. I know you understand.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Hold on to your name badges! This week's installment of 'Happiness: How to Find It' kicks off day one of the District Convention! Will Rose be able to drink her frozen orange juice? And, who is this mysterious young brother she scopes out with her binoculars?

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... ter-three/

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 am 
Site Admin

GRAMMAVELTA SAID

Hi Anthony,

Interesting story. I can relate to Rose. It could have been me in my teen years........A very long time ago. LOL

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Love and hugs,
Gramma Velta
God makes everything work together for good for those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Site Admin

AGUEST SAID

Talk about a walk down memory lane - LOL! You've captured all of the "emotions" of a DC, dear Ant (peace to you, dear one!). I was one of the "city" JWs, though, so I can't really related to Rose's wardrobe issues - sounds a bit LDS-ish to me, though I'm sure it's common among the "country" JW folk - LOL! Everything else, though... spot on!

Looking forward to next installment!

Peace!

SA, on her own...

Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Haha SA --- I could see you as a city Witness. Thanks!

GrammaVelta -- thanks!

Site Admin

SOFT/GENTLE SAID

thanks for sharing Anthony. I have been looking at this book on Amazon as I did not realise then that you are giving us instamemts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:48 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Hello soft+gentle.

Thanks for your interest!

The print and eBook edition will follow in 2013 after all of the chapters are released online. I wanted to release 'Happiness' for free at first.

I have a separate novel coming out later this year called 'Paradise Earth'. It will go straight to print/eBook on Amazon, Barnes&Noble, etc. It's pretty bleak and rough.

Site Admin

COCO SAID

Thanks, Anthony, for posting this. We look forward to finding answers that REALLY work!

Blessings.

CoCo qui lis

Site Admin

SOFT/GENTLE SAID

great stuff anthony
I am thrilled that realistic stories can come out of our JW experiences

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am 
Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

Thank you all for your kind comments here and especially on the publisher's website. (By leaving comments on their site, it helps them gauge interest in stories like this.)

Chapter four of 'Happiness: How to Find It' is up. Will Rose get a hoagie sandwich from the district convention food service stand before they run out? More importantly, will she bump into the sharply dressed brother she has been looking for? Read and find out!

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... pter-four/

Rose looked forward to her customary, post-convention dinner at McDonalds, but she is ambushed by a surprise dinner with the Greens. She doesn't know why everyone is acting so strange. Unfortunately for Rose, it soon becomes all too clear in chapter five of 'Happiness: How to Find It'.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... pter-five/

After being ambushed by an unexpected proposal, Rose must deal with the new trial of being engaged to loutish Clinton Green. How will she cope when her heart burns for suave Wyatt True? Chapter 6 of ‘Happiness: How to Find it’ is now online. Read it for free as part of an ongoing weekly serial published by Curiosity Quills Press.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... apter-six/

Also if you are Facebook, you can like the novel

https://www.facebook.com/HappinessHowToFindIt

Rose returns to Kent Springs hoping to forget about the handsome young brother she met at the summer District Convention. She challenges herself to look forward to her pending marriage to lackluster Clinton Green. However, a surprise visitor to Rose’s congregation will make it hard for the young sister to keep her focus and commitment. Read Chapter Seven of ‘Happiness: How to Find It’ online for free. A new chapter of this literary love story is published every week by Curiosity Quills Press.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... ter-seven/

Now that Wyatt has joined Rose’s congregation she is thrilled to spend time with him. But, at times the young brother doesn’t sound like any Jehovah’s Witness Rose has ever known. There is something different about him. Read more in chapter eight of Happiness: How to Find It.

http://curiosityquills.com/happiness-ho ... ter-eight/

Happiness: How to Find It is a free online serial from Curiosity Quills Press. A new chapter is published everything Thursday.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:49 am 
Site Admin

WILL SAID

Dear Anthony,

You cannot like your own book. You must love it.

I have not read a word of it but I must say I admire your tenacity.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:50 am 
Site Admin

TEC SAID

Anthony, I am totally going to get to your book. I've read the first chapter, (voted on it when you needed that), and loved it. I want to know what happens. It is on my 'to read' list

Peace,
tammy

Site Admin

VELVET SAID

Yay I read all 8 chapters, I am enjoying. Her Gran sounds like my Mom only kinder what with all the proper theocratic talk.

I am thinking Wyatt is an apostate undercover LOL.

Whats with the cowboy names, Wyatt, Jasper, Clinton. I like them but can't imagine a JW with those names somehow. LOL

Site Admin

ANTHONY SAID

William - You don't like a good romance? There's a great cameo by a former Watchtower President coming up.

Tec - Thanks Tammy!

Velvet - Wyatt is the only name of the bunch that isn't borrowed from actual JW's. Must be a local thing.