xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 11:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm 

I took my seven year old granddaughter to see The Croods this afternoon. It's not often she gets me to herself. Her ten year old brother was building a new den with his friends and quite rightly decided to continue with it.

We enjoyed The Croods. Great fun. My bet is that Croods Two will already be in the pipeline!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:28 am 

Saw "Iron Man 3", chikkens (peace to you all!)... and it was the best one, yet! GREAT fun! A word of advice: DON'T leave before the end of the credits!

S'alls I'm sayin'!

Peace!

Shellama, who also LOVED "The Croods"! Belly laughs on that one, too!

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:32 am 

Ironman 3, can't wait to see it. We have to wait until it's available online, to much trouble to get me into a movie theatre.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:24 am 

Ironman 3, for sure. I'll see it either this Monday night or next Monday night. I like to wait until the crowds die down.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:24 pm 

We saw the 1pm "regular" (i.e., non-3D) version, so NO crowds, dear LQ (peace to you!). Neither hubby nor I can "stomach" 3D for some reason. I have to keep pulling the glasses up/off and down/on. Not worth the "work".

It was good, though, the movie.

Peace!

Shellama, on her own...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:33 pm 

I don't know anyone who DOES like 3D, Shel. I think the majority of people are like you...and me...and even my grandchildren.

One ten year old says it makes him car-sick...and unfortunately proves it. Me, it gives me migraine. I avoid it like the plague, and I think we'll find that 3D fades away and becomes just one more fad that didn't take.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:43 pm 

Quote:
and unfortunately proves it.

Ohhh, poor baby (and poor YOU/mom, dear Char - LOLOL! Peace, luv!).

Quote:
Me, it gives me migraine.

Yeah, that's how it affects dear Hubs. Well, headache.

As for them going away, I dunno. I get similar on ferris wheels and hubby on spin-round rides... and they've been around how long? And now they even have 3D television? I dunno, girl - always gonna be some yahoo what likes the "novelty" of it being "different" from the regular screen, if not the actual effect. Nahh, I think "they'll" just try to "perfect" it... more (as if perfection can be improved upon)... somehow. We'll see!

Peace!

Shellama, on her own...

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:50 pm 

I like 3D... but I find that it does strain my eyes. They 'feel' weird while watching the movie, which I can ignore once i get into the movie. I find it easier to watch a 3D animated movie, over a 3D 'real' actor movie also. There are some scenes where I must completely un-focus or I will feel dizzy (like in the Croods, they have a scene that is showing a huge panaromic view from a great height.. and the 'camera' circles to encompass the whole thing... I can't look at that circling height in 3D without feeling nauseous)

I do, however, enjoy the experience of being more 'into' the movie... I just don't always want to have it, lol. I certainly hate paying extra for it at the movie theaters when there is no option to see the movie in 2D.

Plus my mother cannot see 3D; makes her sick to her stomach like shaky camera movies... so if we ever want to go as a whole family when we're all together, we are limited in what we can see.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:39 pm 

Ender's Game is coming : )

I am so excited about that. Always loved that book!!

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:14 pm 

Thinkin' we're gonna see "After Earth" manana, with hubby's dear son (love that boy, uh... young man - LOLOL!). On top of loving sci-fy adventure flicks (my favorite, neck and neck with historical fiction)... I LOVE Will Smith/Jaden Smith movies! So I am JAZZ-ZED!!

Will let ya'll know what I "thought" after.

Peace!

Shellama... on her own...

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:55 pm 

Don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice in the hood? alright alright um.. wait wait wiat... *looks to the crowd* .. * "say zoolander!!!"* * "dumb and dumber! "* OH jeez god... uh.. *looks frantically* .....we're going to go with *pause crowd cheering* The Powerpuff girl movie!

Me

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:56 pm 

"After Earth" - classic Will Smith "human hero beats monster alien lifeform" corn drama (vs. the same as comedy)... but I still LOVED it! Son Jaden is a very good "child" actor, IMHO, and will only get better with time/age (I hope).

Check it out, chikkens!

Peace!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:51 pm 

Yes, I'm with you on that on Shelby. Jayden (sp?). made the movie. Great acting for a young teenager.

Justmom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 pm 

I dunno, dear 'Mom (peace!). The movie credits showed "Jaden" with no "y", as does this:

http://www.google.com/#biw=1280&bih=571 ... 72f562bd5a

and this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaden_Smith

I think he's named after his mom, Jada (Pinkett-Smith)... whose name doesn't have a "y" (Jayda)?

Peace!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:10 pm 

Note, critic reviews run toward the lower end... and I DO understand that, given Will's films like "Independence Day" and "Men In Black". But we enjoyed it, dear hubby, stepson, and I. Some might find the "accents" a bit distracting but I didn't. I personally can't see a movie based on critics reviews as their view and mine often disagree. Have sat through some "blockbusters" for which I was, like, er?? and missed some on the big screen that I watched on the telly later and thought, "What the heck were those critics on about? This is GOOD!" So...

Peace!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next