xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:11 pm 

/:) 8)

Yes, of course! I got lost up in the ( Jay ) Red!!!!! LOL

Justmom 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:33 am 

I want to see that movie, but i think we are going to see Star Trek today. (except the oldest doesn't want to see that... he wants to see 'now you see me'; so he might slip into that one instead; or maybe we'll go see two movies today, lol)

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:40 am 

It seems that in America, the cinema is much more of a regular pastime? We go occasionally if there's something we particularly want to see....

Loz x

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:45 am 

It is definitely a big thing here (Canada being the same as the States in this aspect, I believe). I was just thinking yesterday though, why some people want to live near the beach or lakes or ... anywhere outside of the city, I guess. Because there are all sorts of places to take your children, that have nothing to do with technology and such. I think this weekend is the first time I am seeing the drawback to living in the city. I really am glad that I took my boys to California last year. Because at the very least, we were doing things together. The year before, I think we drove across the country.

We do have camping though... and I think we'll try that one out this summer.

But movies are a big past time. Just very expensive.

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 am 

My teenager has decided to come with us to see Star Trek, because that way I will be able to bring him his treats, and he can go in early to get a good seat ; ) Nothing like food to motivate a hungry teen.

(I am the one who stands in the lines to get the treats, while the rest of them get the good seats... and the lines for treats have been half an hour the last couple of times I've gone to the movies)

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:14 pm 

Yeah, and the cost of the "treats" can KILL your wallet even more, eh, dear tec (peace!)? I now take my own treats (I can't eat much of the theater "food" these days - need popcorn without all that salt/butter "flavoring" stuff on it...

Is your's the kind of folks what need to see the trailers, too? Dear hubby, daughter, and stepson (son)... OMG! I'm like, what's the RUSH?! Calm down, we'll get there! They're like, "You HAVE to see the trailers, too! They're part of the whole movie EXPERIENCE!!" LOLOLOL!

Me? I don't care. Movies are me and hubby's "thing" (you know, like other folks go to Hawaii once a year or so?)... so I only care about trailers the first time I see 'em. After that, I'm like... yawn... LOLOLOL!

Peace, my sistah!

YSSFS of Christ,

Shellama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:18 pm 

I love to see the trailers, though I might be the one who puts the most importance on them as the 'whole movie experience', lol. However, lately I miss them due to the treats line. (and yes, the treats cost as much as the movie, sometimes more... but we don't go often, so splurging is okay, imho g:) ) Either our theater needs to hire some more people, or I have just been going at peak times lately.

I am the one who is making us leave almost an hour earlier than start time. But parking is awful, and the treats line is awful, so... well... so there you go. /:)

Peace,
tammy

edited to add that the trailer is sometimes/often better than the movie being advertised ; )

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:23 pm 

"Now you see me" looked promising in the previews but the actual movie, while entertaining, wasn't believable ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:45 pm 

Thanks for the heads up, dear Pup (peace, bro'!). I'll wait for On Demand, then - LOLOL!

Shellama... on her own...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:30 pm 

Just got back from Star Trek. I must first say that I knew nothing about the plot of this film.

Wow. That is all I have to say. I loved it. I don't want to say anything more than that, so I don't ruin it for anyone.

Peace!!

tammy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:01 pm 

WooHOo.... Warm Bodies is available on demand now, so I am going to watch it now with my boys : )

I am so excited for this one. Be back in a couple of hours to let yas know how it was. (Shelby already gave this one a good review)

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 am 

Saw EPIC on the weekend with my family, they loved it :)
Cute movie.
Still really looking forward to MAN OF STEEL !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 am 

I really miss going to the movies and have not been to one in 6 years due to my being so mobility challenged. They have an area for wheelchairs but John doesn't like dealing with all that and also wants to sit beside me...so we don't go :((
He does get the movies eventually off the torrents or on DVD but thats not the same. I miss popcorn at the movies but always brought my own water in my purse, don't like that pop/soda stuff and who wants to pay $5.00 for a bottle of water grrr

I also miss going to plays, I used to go all the time but now I live so far from the city (in the boonies) so I don't go and also the wheelchair thing is a nuisance and the getting into the bathroom with no help (John won't take me in there lol). My best friend in Toronto went to see The Book of Mormon Play on Saturday. He said it is hillarious and very good but it is irreverant to the Mormons and has some profane language which caused some people to leave apparently. Its about 2 mormon elders (young men) sent to do missionary work in AFrica and all the things they deal with piously. I think I would like that one but not sure if live plays end up on a DVD or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:39 am 

We have a lovely local independent cinema where I live. It's not only very popular and well patronised, but has an excellent, easily accessible area for wheelchairs and includes a seated area next to that space for the person accompanying the wheelchair.

It's totally user-friendly for all age groups! We love it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:07 pm 

I forgot to come back and tell you about Warm Bodies. I thought it was really cute. I quite enjoyed it. It is not a regular zombie movie, so don't expect that. But it was sweet. My son (the teen) left the room 20 minutes in though, lol.

The little one watched it all the way through with me, and liked it ; ) He also wants to see Epic, but I think we'll wait for video.

The next movies we'll be seeing are the Superman movie, and then World War Z (on our wedding anniversary...lol... since it comes out that day) Maybe Another Earth, because I like watching Will Smith and Jaden Smith. He has so many of his dad's mannerisms, or at least he did in Karate Kid.

Zoe, I'm sorry you don't get out to movies. I actually only get out to a handful every year, and the rest I watch at home. I enjoy them just as much at home, often even more (because I am getting tired of 3D everything; and obviously its way cheaper). It is just a matter of having to wait.

Char, would that be like a personal touch, old-fashioned kind of cinema? That would be cool.

Peace,
tammy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next