xjwsforChrist

Non-Religious Christian Spirituality
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:28 pm 

AGuest wrote:
Told'ya, dear 'Mom (LOLOLOLOL!). I know you and so still wonderin' what took you so long to see THAT one! Phenomenal, yes? Did you cry when Portman sang "I Dreamed A Dream"?? Nevermind - I know the answer - LOLOLOL! Did the fam' see/like it?

Peace, chile'!

Shellama, who says you might like "Identity Theft", too... 'cause I know yer sense of humor, too!

Cried a lot yup! Whole fam saw it! Talked about the messages portrayed in it,

" IdentityTheif". ...I thought it was so funny yes.

Justmom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:14 pm 

I loved Les Miserables, saw it at my nail salon of all places, need to watch it again without the subtitles as they had the volume down.
I watched another one at my nail salon on Thursday that I loved, my John downloaded it and we will watch it together tomorrow. It is funny, sweet but also a good morale. It is called Here comes the Boom with Kevin James and Henry Winkler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:04 pm 

Since I haven't been able to do anything for days now, except sit in front of this computer or sleep or watch tv. So I started watching this netflix show, Orange is the New Black... and it is so funny, and also touching. I'm greatly enjoying it. If anyone has netflix, i highly recommend it : )

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:26 am 

oh, okay... so watching a bit more, i realize that I should put a warning on my recommendation above regarding well... sex and nudity.

But as long as that doesn't bother you or you can overlook that.... the show itself and the characters, are awesome.

Okay... there is my um... rating ; )

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:25 pm 

tec wrote:
oh, okay... so watching a bit more, i realize that I should put a warning on my recommendation above regarding well... sex and nudity.

But as long as that doesn't bother you or you can overlook that.... the show itself and the characters, are awesome.

Peace,
tammy

In that case ill give it a looksie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:28 pm 

YppuplleH wrote:
tec wrote:

Peace,
tammy

In that case ill give it a looksie

::))

I actually just finished it. I really did love it. Now I'm worried they might not get enough interest to do a season 2! (It is one of those just made for netflix series)'

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 pm 

First five minutes captured my attention :) and it's educational. I never knew maxi pads could be made into slippers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:41 pm 

It is apparently based on the book, based on the true story. I just discovered that too : )

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:53 am 

Just tried to watch it this morning; it's a little too raunchy for me (hard to believe, I know). Might try it again later and hide my eyes through some of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 am 

I saw the advertisement for that "Orange is the new black" show for the first time last night on TV. I just watched the trailer for it and it looks interesting. There isn't much to watch on TV in the summer so I will watch that tonight, thanks for telling us about it. It has Jason Biggs in it so it has to be a wee bit funny, right?

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Orange_Is_the_New_Black/70242311?mqso=81070424

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:26 am 

Yeah, I definitely had to make sure the kids weren't around (I watched it on the computer)!

But i loved the dynamics between the women, and between their groups (by race... the whites, the blacks, the spanish, the oldies, the extreme fundies), and all their backstories... enough to ignore the rest.

BUT, I totally understand if it IS too much for some/many to watch. But I watch Spartacus and Game of Thrones with the hubby, so... ; )

Zoe, I personally found Jason Biggs to be the least amusing part of the show. That has got to be saying something, right, lol?

Peace,
tammy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:04 am 

Well I've changed my mind and now I really like this show; I've seen about 5 episodes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:44 am 

There is another new show I found I really liked, its not on Netflix though. Its called the Bridge. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v9H-Rk0s4o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:56 pm 

I just finished the series - they have got to do a second season! It really is good. "Dear Mr. Christ"...hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:25 pm 

LOL... I remember that. That was good : )

Peace,
tammy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next